2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up spider man ps4 pro. Nicer than any videos or pictures I have seen online. Very nice red. Was in doubt about getting it and now realize that would have been a mistake.

I just opened my new spidey ps4 pro...it comes with the season pass and a 20% code :)
Does it run quiet? I saw some reports that the Spidey Pro runs quieter than regular Pros.

Does it run quiet? I saw some reports that the Spidey Pro runs quieter than regular Pros.
God that would instantly justify my purchase on this. My launch Pro sounds like a fucking jet engine on some games (And actually heats my room up despite being in an fairly open area). Especially Monster Hunter World lately

God that would instantly justify my purchase on this. My launch Pro sounds like a fucking jet engine on some games (And actually heats my room up despite being in an fairly open area). Especially Monster Hunter World lately
It's the newer model (CUH-7115B) the gamestop white models (I have one) were the first to be this revision. It's like night and day compared to my launch pro. I have to put my ears to the vents to hear the fan. Definitely worth the upgrade.

It's the newer model (CUH-7115B) the gamestop white models (I have one) were the first to be this revision. It's like night and day compared to my launch pro. I have to put my ears to the vents to hear the fan. Definitely worth the upgrade.
So glad to hear this. Upgraded to OG Pro for a quieter console. Imagine my disappointment ... can't wait for Monday for my Spidey console. Just hope trade value holds ...

I just opened my new spidey ps4 pro...it comes with the season pass and a 20% code :)
i thought i read that it came with the digital deluxe version, then i saw the game was physical and that the earlier story was wrong, but i guess they were just wrong about the digital part, great news because no way was I going to pay for that season pass.

There's not too many games I don't have, however I couldn't pass up on this deal. Ended up getting Hyrule Warriors switch and metroid return of samus 3ds.zelda dropped to 35 with pro elite and the offer.
Nice. I'll have to think of what to buy when I pick up tomorrow. Great suggestion, thanks!

So I'll be trading my OG PS4 w/ the $50 bonus coupon today. Has anyone gotten a refurbished fee just because the console has scratches on the top?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Anyone who pre-ordered the Spidey Pro...did you get the preorder bonuses that came with the regular and CE editions of the game...the suits, etc.?

Thank you sir! I have both the Pro and the CE reserved, was debating whether to pick up both or just pick up the Pro. Only thing I really wanted out of the CE was the steelbook, although the statue is kinda cool. But with 3 kids I have nowhere to display it...

There's already copies of the Spider Man game pre-owned popping up. I suggest you guys take a look at it. There are 2 in my area and I was able to hold one. The guy apparently bought the Spider Man PS4 and the collector's edition so he traded the game in that came with the PS4... It's basically new.

I would have done that as well if I could have got at least $200 for my 1 TB XB1S...but $120 base value is so low.

Since I don't have a PS4 already I also might just pick up the CE and buy a Pro on sale around Black Friday.

Anyone who pre-ordered the Spidey Pro...did you get the preorder bonuses that came with the regular and CE editions of the game...the suits, etc.?
The spidey pro code is inside the game case. It includes the dlc and pre-order bonuses...not on the receipt. The game case is sealed. The 20% code is inside the console box.

As an aside, the spidey pro is whisper quiet playing spiderman thus far. I need to test no man’s sky which had my old pro sounding like a jet engine. If it is still quiet, then that alone has significant value to me.

The spidey pro code is inside the game case. It includes the dlc and pre-order bonuses...not on the receipt. The game case is sealed. The 20% code is inside the console box.

As an aside, the spidey pro is whisper quiet playing spiderman thus far. I need to test no man’s sky which had my old pro sounding like a jet engine. If it is still quiet, then that alone has significant value to me.
There is a dlc code on my receipt from picking up the Pro, pretty sure its the code for the extra suits etc.

There is a dlc code on my receipt from picking up the Pro, pretty sure its the code for the extra suits etc.
I redeemed it on the phone app and believe you are right it did say something about suits. Also got another theme (Web Slinger). Not sure if the Battle Theme was part of it as well or not. I got that a couple days ago already.

I have a metric ton of these I need to unload and have been waiting for a good promo for months. C'mon gamestop!
I'm hoping they drop at least a 40% promo by Wednesday 9/19.

Coupled with Prestige Day 10% bump = $$$

Anyone had any luck yet getting points from the 500M PS4 Pro order? I'm on twitter and they seem to be giving me the run around say my info doesn't mach any gamestop account. Even though the order is in my points but says 0 points earned. This is after a guy on an hour long phone call said my points would be on my account by the 5th.

I'm thinking of trading in both my X1X and X1S because I want the white X1X to match my setup better. Is it worth it to do it now, or should I wait and see if there's a better promotion in the next month?

I'm thinking of trading in both my X1X and X1S because I want the white X1X to match my setup better. Is it worth it to do it now, or should I wait and see if there's a better promotion in the next month?
I would suggest selling the X1X on craigslist or eBay. Throw in a few cheap games and someone will bite.

Anyone had any luck yet getting points from the 500M PS4 Pro order? I'm on twitter and they seem to be giving me the run around say my info doesn't mach any gamestop account. Even though the order is in my points but says 0 points earned. This is after a guy on an hour long phone call said my points would be on my account by the 5th.
Mine just showed up as pending today or yesterday

Can you get missing points from an Online order by going instore? These idiots on twitter from gamestop still said my info isn't correct when I have the packing slip and everything right in front of me. They told me my info doesn't match and to go to the nearest store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back