2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should have picked one up when they were 20$ as the controller alone would be worth that much ignoring the dumb proprietary memory cards sell for about 2$ a gb.
Looks like I missed the boat on these. They must be made of toilet paper or something as they are $100s on ebay. Looks like I will be waiting Nintendo to make me something.

My local store had reopened for curbside pickup, and is now closed again because the manager that was covering was tired of dealing with all the rude customers. Not really sure why it reopened in the first place.

I thought Gamestop made the mention of being able to cancel any pre-order deposit you made, and then being sent an eGC for the amount of the deposit, but now I can't find that information. Did I hallucinate that?

I thought Gamestop made the mention of being able to cancel any pre-order deposit you made, and then being sent an eGC for the amount of the deposit, but now I can't find that information. Did I hallucinate that?
I’d love to know as well. I didn’t care before but now that they’re closed I want that joint back

It's on their customer service FAQ. It's also complete BS. It's totally hit or miss whether or not they decide to email you, and there's no mechanism to contact them if they don't (sent an email, no reply. Tried calling gave up after an hour on hold).

You did. They have a FAQ on their site that explains it. Essentially if your store is closed and you don’t receive an email from them, your money is tied up until the store reopens.

Okay- that was what I was reading in the FAQ earlier today. When I first heard of this a while ago, it really didn't sound like it hinged on them deciding they were going to email you or not- Gamestop is gonna Gamestop though I suppose. 

Looks like I missed the boat on these. They must be made of toilet paper or something as they are $100s on ebay. Looks like I will be waiting Nintendo to make me something.
I imagine the main reason they jumped back up in price is do to them being not in production or sold new anymore and haven't been for I think 3 years now. As sony abandoned the vita and vita tv. Every time someone finds an exploit though like the one where you could use a external hard drive for the vita tv sony puts out a patch for that shit the same day.

How do you use the 5 dollar monthly reward online?
Log in, if the item is eligible it should say "Pro members get $5 off a single in-stock physical item valued $4.99 or more"

You will also notice the items price will be discounted by $5.

it should show up in your cart and be applied automatically.

Log in, if the item is eligible it should say "Pro members get $5 off a single in-stock physical item valued $4.99 or more"[/size]

You will also notice the items price will be discounted by $5.

it should show up in your cart and be applied automatically.
Thanks

So I still can't login to my GS account on any device, including the app. Yes I have changed passwords and browsers etc. I have called customer service multiple times, who confirmed there was no issue with my account and I have been able to use the account in store. CS said that it is because I previously had Elite, and when they downgraded everybody the people that had Elite (all of them? some of them? idk) got locked out of being able to login to their account. CS eventually told me to create a new account and they would transfer the points over to the new account. The biggest issue here is that I can't login anywhere to redeem my points, of which I have...quite a lot that I currently can't access.

Transferring to a new account is a much better solution than losing my pile of points, but I would love to just be able to simply login to the account again considering I still had some preorders that were partially paid, and I am not confident enough in GS CS to transfer my points, preorders, and remaining Pro time over properly. 

Has anybody done with with success, or have any other solution? Since I am told it was a problem with Elite I know many of us may have been in the same boat.

So I still can't login to my GS account on any device, including the app. Yes I have changed passwords and browsers etc. I have called customer service multiple times, who confirmed there was no issue with my account and I have been able to use the account in store. CS said that it is because I previously had Elite, and when they downgraded everybody the people that had Elite (all of them? some of them? idk) got locked out of being able to login to their account. CS eventually told me to create a new account and they would transfer the points over to the new account. The biggest issue here is that I can't login anywhere to redeem my points, of which I have...quite a lot that I currently can't access.

Transferring to a new account is a much better solution than losing my pile of points, but I would love to just be able to simply login to the account again considering I still had some preorders that were partially paid, and I am not confident enough in GS CS to transfer my points, preorders, and remaining Pro time over properly.

Has anybody done with with success, or have any other solution? Since I am told it was a problem with Elite I know many of us may have been in the same boat.
Same, I didn't know it had anything to do with my Elite status though. If I deleted then reinstalled the app, once I would open it for the first time my account would already be logged in, despite being unable to log in anywhere else. Unfortunately that stopped working and I'm locked out completely.

When I try to log in on the desktop site, it just doesn't load. If I type in the wrong password it will tell me "Wrong Password" but when I type in the correct one it loads for a second, then nothing happens. The app just says "Wrong Password." Customer support just sends me a link to reset it, because they think I'm an idiot.

Same, I didn't know it had anything to do with my Elite status though. If I deleted then reinstalled the app, once I would open it for the first time my account would already be logged in, despite being unable to log in anywhere else. Unfortunately that stopped working and I'm locked out completely.

When I try to log in on the desktop site, it just doesn't load. If I type in the wrong password it will tell me "Wrong Password" but when I type in the correct one it loads for a second, then nothing happens. The app just says "Wrong Password." Customer support just sends me a link to reset it, because they think I'm an idiot.
I sometimes have that problem with Firefox, not being able to log in. If I use Chrome I'm able to log in every time. There was some weird thing going on where it would not let me change my password or email, so I had to use a basic password with no symbols and then it to worked.

Inventory checker has stopped working again (through the website at least) unless there are more than one copy of an item available at a specific store. Employees, look forward to a relaxing day!

You must have never had a Wii U!
I still play the Wii u regularly as a late adopted (bought one after the switch) and enjoy playing some games more on the Wii u than the switch version for the occasional 5th player functionality! Size-wise, as an adult the switch joycon buttons are a bit small and the wiipad layout is more ergonomic (you know, for when you're on the shitter) :whistle2:&

I sometimes have that problem with Firefox, not being able to log in. If I use Chrome I'm able to log in every time. There was some weird thing going on where it would not let me change my password or email, so I had to use a basic password with no symbols and then it to worked.
interesting, I think I have always tried to use a special symbol in my password, because the password reset function says you have to.

Anyways, I just tried to reset it without using a symbol (only capitals, lowercase, and numbers) and am still unable to login in multiple browsers, also tried the app, no dice.

Had that issue last year. After about a month of calling multiple times, finally a CS told me to make a new account and they’d transfer my points. So I just did that. Haven’t had the issue since.

GameStop is a zombie company- no help support, emails and calls go unanswered. They’re just sitting back until the inevitable bankruptcy.

Odds of ever getting back my preorders are close to 0- couldn’t have happened to a nicer company

I had about 1,200 in TC and bought some standard and lite switches the past few weeks from Gamestop. Tons of people have been asking me for them.

The switch lite is an easy sell locally for $250-$270. Actually sold my coral one for $300 flat since it was really limited.

Funny how people are buying non essential items during this outbreak. My local Walmart were completely out of gaming hardware items too!

I had about 1,200 in TC and bought some standard and lite switches the past few weeks from Gamestop. Tons of people have been asking me for them.

The switch lite is an easy sell locally for $250-$270. Actually sold my coral one for $300 flat since it was really limited.

Funny how people are buying non essential items during this outbreak. My local Walmart were completely out of gaming hardware items too!
Glad to see someone doing something constructive with their TIC instead of complaining "I've got $800 and I can't use it because GameStop is eventually going to file for bankruptcy!"

Yeah I’ve bought a few Lites with Animal Crossing and have been selling them to people with kids at cost. It’s converting credit to cash and helping parents with their sanity at the same time 👍🏼

welp, there goes the last of my trade in credit, its been a good ride but until they allow trade ins which wouldn't be until fall if we are lucky, plus I think they'll make us wipe cases x ask for only disc only for trade ins imo

its been a fun ride, stay safe everyone.

B2G2 $9.99 has also stopped working
Right, even though it's in the ad! I tried to pick up some games last night, spent an hour checking games that were in-stock to ship, etc, and kept on wondering why it wouldn't work. I eventually gave up. :(

Literally have no idea what to use this cert on. Can't get it to work on eshop credit and it's basically useless with the shipping costs. The stores near me are open but of course it doesn't work in store either...

Nice... Wii sports and sports resort magically went up to $29.99. Sitting on like 5 Wii consoles I need to resell, hard af to do it without those games tbh.

Literally have no idea what to use this cert on. Can't get it to work on eshop credit and it's basically useless with the shipping costs. The stores near me are open but of course it doesn't work in store either...
I was able to get mine to apply to a used XB1 copy of Frostpunk for store pick up. Got an email from GameStop saying it was ready for pick up soon after placing the order. Went to the store & knocked on the door, gave my name & showed ID, gave order number / showed pick up ready email on my phone & told him the name of the game I purchased. Guy comes back to the door 30 seconds later with my game & a full sized paper receipt printed from computer. This was about 2 or so weeks ago but I’m assuming this is still possible since you mentioned your stores are still open. Hopefully this info helps you out & maybe even some other CAGs too who might still be trying to use their April coupon. There’s some good games for cheap these days for sure. Slay the Spire & / or The Sinking City are on my radar to buy using May’s coupon.

Remote play I would think wouldn't be as useful given that it's not a portable device like the vita.  As you would be at home trying to do that in most cases.  But at the very least it would be able to play say .hack g.u. and tales of berseria which due to control set up are impossible to play in the formers and difficult in the latters.

Hacking wise that's more niche as not the average consumer does stuff like that.

Nice... Wii sports and sports resort magically went up to $29.99. Sitting on like 5 Wii consoles I need to resell, hard af to do it without those games tbh.
Makes sense. We have pretty much every system hooked up here and Wii sports resort is still one of our most played games since we've been in lockdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back