2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so i'm new to redeeming my points for something other renewing my Pro. I specifically used  $25 Pre-Owned Reward Cert on a pre-owned copy of LoZ: BoTW but it wasn't taking the $25 off at all but the SL was nice enough to take it off manually.

What happened? The game was the only item I was purchasing for this transaction 

Anyone have info on the switch trade in promo?

I have an original Xbox one. I’d be interested in receiving the $150 credit towards a Switch. Is it possible to be placed on the switch bundle?

Anyway to max out profit or benefits? (I don’t have elite membership or anything. Should I sign up? )

So i brought in 5 PS2 games that showed up on the app, but the cashier was only able to find 2 of them in the system. He even showed me the screen, to prove they didn't show up at all. Kinda sucked - with the Prestige bonus, one of the games would have been about $10 (along with nearly $5 each for other games). Oh well - maybe they'll show up later?

Anyone had any luck, bad or otherwise, trying to trade in PS2 titles?
On top of what others have said, it is basically the way it is spelled in the system. I'm not sure if they fixed this particular game, but an example before that you can find in the app, but not the same way in their system, is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II NES game. It shows up with that title in the app, but it won't show up in their system using a search for any of those words. I found the ID number and had them search that. It turns out, it shows up as TMNT on their side instead, which is not the title it shows up in the app as.

On top of what others have said, it is basically the way it is spelled in the system. I'm not sure if they fixed this particular game, but an example before that you can find in the app, but not the same way in their system, is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II NES game. It shows up with that title in the app, but it won't show up in their system using a search for any of those words. I found the ID number and had them search that. It turns out, it shows up as TMNT on their side instead, which is not the title it shows up in the app as.
Yep - had the same issue trading in some GBA games - the title I brought in didn't give any clues to the cashier that it was the right game, but it worked....after much digging. Too bad the POS makes it much harder than it needs to be, especially if they show up in the app.

Well I took my stack of PS2 games to trade and only 2 of the 17 I took in were accepted (Final Fantasy X and Killzone). I was told by the employee that games have to be in near perfect condition and the POS only accepts certain games. I even asked about it twice because 260 are listed in the app. It sucks because I was hoping to use the credit to get both PSN and XBL currency. In the end I just got the XBL currency via digital code.

As far as my pre-order for FH4 Ultimate Digital, chrisbravo, your observation is spot-on about being released early. The digital version was released on the 14th, so I was able to pick it today. Those who pre-ordered the physical edition will be able to pick it up this coming Friday if not sooner (Thursday Night maybe?).

Well I took my stack of PS2 games to trade and only 2 of the 17 I took in were accepted (Final Fantasy X and Killzone). I was told by the employee that games have to be in near perfect condition and the POS only accepts certain games. I even asked about it twice because 260 are listed in the app. It sucks because I was hoping to use the credit to get both PSN and XBL currency. In the end I just got the XBL currency via digital code.

As far as my pre-order for FH4 Ultimate Digital, chrisbravo, your observation is spot-on about being released early. The digital version was released on the 14th, so I was able to pick it today. Those who pre-ordered the physical edition will be able to pick it up this coming Friday if not sooner (Thursday Night maybe?).
I assume the games were listed in the app? If so, "Roy Mustang" that employee.

Not too in the loop regarding electronic trade promos, but are there generally ever any good trade promos (besides cash same as credit)? Was considering trading in a Samsung Galaxy S7, that I haven't been able to offload on Facebook Marketplace, and the value is semi-decent at Gamestop ($99 TIC).

I think it's over.
Anyone know if u have to put down the whole pre-order amount and if it's canceled, do u get refunded original tender or they give u store credit?
They refund back to the original payment type by going off what the receipt says. If you paid with cash or CC and they tried giving you store credit, I'd definitely stop them & say to look at the receipt. If you paid with GC/trade credit and they gave you back cash, up to you if you want to keep quiet & then maybe give them a good survey afterwards.

Using tradecredit and receiving a cash refund has only happened to me once on my very first return with a new game at the 29 day mark. The guy told me they only do refunds within 7 days, but luckily he processed it anyway & gave me back cash.

Not too in the loop regarding electronic trade promos, but are there generally ever any good trade promos (besides cash same as credit)? Was considering trading in a Samsung Galaxy S7, that I haven't been able to offload on Facebook Marketplace, and the value is semi-decent at Gamestop ($99 TIC).
Maybe a year or so ago, they did a bonus $50 in trade credit if you traded any electronic towards an xbox one s. I can't recall if they have done a % bonus for electronics, though.

That is awesome, thanks for taking the time and letting me know, will be stopping tomorrow for sure to start preloading!

The guy told me they only do refunds within 7 days, but luckily he processed it anyway & gave me back cash.
Lmao employees like this are so dumb and dishonest. I've had them say this and act like they're doing you such a favor. It literally says new, unopened products can be returned within 30 days on the receipt. They get really quiet when I point that out and act so salty about it. Ridiculous.

I've been following the values for my S6 Edge, but gave up recently and traded it to GS for seventy-something. I wouldn't have got much more through Amazon and that's assuming some amateur scammer didn't buy it.

I assume the games were listed in the app? If so, "Roy Mustang" that employee.
Yup, every single game I took to trade is listed in the app, I even triple-checked just to be sure. It also doesn't help the employee that did the transaction is a new hire. First time I saw him was over a week ago when I went to pick up a Pop! figure I had pre-ordered and shuffle some other pre-orders. The way he was talking about the PS2 games, I guess he thinks they'll be sold in-store.

I'm going to take the other games to my secondary store tomorrow and see what happens. I've rarely had any issues when trading retro items at this location. If they take all of them then I'll know the guy at my home genuinely didn't know and/or didn't try.

I've been following the values for my S6 Edge, but gave up recently and traded it to GS for seventy-something. I wouldn't have got much more through Amazon and that's assuming some amateur scammer didn't buy it.
True true.

What condition was your phone in? I ask because I feel like I might be hit with a refurb fee since my home button has some chipped paint, but everything else looks very good (screen and back had very minor scratching).

Yeah but the game won’t boot until sometime Thursday night or early Friday morning so you can only pre load it.

That’s not enough to be digital over physical for me.

Got a new sport white Xbox One controller yesterday for a “used” price. Employee told me that a guy traded it in a couple days ago and he saw the ripped up packaging during the same trade-in.

Ended up buying it for $4 after using $50 of preowned reward certificates on it.

Yeah but the game won’t boot until sometime Thursday night or early Friday morning so you can only pre load it.

That’s not enough to be digital over physical for me.
Oh, I know I can only preload it until Thursday night or sometime Friday morning/afternoon when it's available to play. The code was printed on my receipt and says "Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edtion (PRELOAD).

The only reason I ended up with digital is because physical was no longer available for pre-order. One of the employees said it was because it was close to the release date and Microsoft(?) was no longer accepting pre-orders for the physical version. Also, to be fair I had the Standard edition pre-ordered and paid in full. Then at the last minute I changed my mind and switched it over to the Ultimate edition.

Edit: chrisbravo, you're welcome. Glad I could be of help to you.

Oh, I know I can only preload it until Thursday night or sometime Friday morning/afternoon when it's available to play. The code was printed on my receipt and says "Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edtion (PRELOAD).

The only reason I ended up with digital is because physical was no longer available for pre-order. One of the employees said it was because it was close to the release date and Microsoft(?) was no longer accepting pre-orders for the physical version. Also, to be fair I had the Standard edition pre-ordered and paid in full. Then at the last minute I changed my mind and switched it over to the Ultimate edition.

Edit: chrisbravo, you're welcome. Glad I could be of help to you.
I was also debating on preordering since it will be on gamepass from day 1, but having the car pass and the VIP from the start is a plus that I rather have now and not in 2 or 3 months when have already played a big chunk of it, I wouldnt day I am a Forza fanatic but I really enjoy the Horizon series and had a blast with Horizon 3 and the 2 expansions, if I am to spend the money on day one I prefer to have the full package.

Also, this awesome Gamestop guy let me add more and more money to the preorder with the promo for the extra 5 with trade, ended up paying 80 for it, worth for me.

I was also debating on preordering since it will be on gamepass from day 1, but having the car pass and the VIP from the start is a plus that I rather have now and not in 2 or 3 months when have already played a big chunk of it, I wouldnt day I am a Forza fanatic but I really enjoy the Horizon series and had a blast with Horizon 3 and the 2 expansions, if I am to spend the money on day one I prefer to have the full package.
My apologies in advance for the rapid replies to anyone who may be annoyed with me.

I had thought about going the Game Pass route as well. Then I came to my senses and realized that I really want to play the game in full without worrying about having the sub expire. I too wanted to have as much content at the start as well so I changed my pre-order to the Ultimate Edition. I really got into the Horizon series after playing just a little of FH1 on 360 and I really enjoy the Forza series as a whole.

I got the cheap three month game pass sub and I've found it enjoyable, I've just been going through stuff I know I can beat in the time frame that have no long term replayability, I'd say at least try it if you find the ten bucks for three months deal

I got the cheap three month game pass sub and I've found it enjoyable, I've just been going through stuff I know I can beat in the time frame that have no long term replayability, I'd say at least try it if you find the ten bucks for three months deal
Big advocate of game pass myself, largely for the reason you mention. It’s great for the little indie games you might not ever play otherwise. My only complaint is the two-week window they give for when games are going to be delisted, though I figure if that happens when I’m playing an AAA I could find a cheap physical copy rather than overpay for the digital version to keep playing (I assume the short notice is a marketing gimmick to that purpose.)

True true.

What condition was your phone in? I ask because I feel like I might be hit with a refurb fee since my home button has some chipped paint, but everything else looks very good (screen and back had very minor scratching).
I’ve found they are particularly tough on phone conditions compared to games, though like anything it’s probably YMMV per employee.

Big advocate of game pass myself, largely for the reason you mention. It’s great for the little indie games you might not ever play otherwise. My only complaint is the two-week window they give for when games are going to be delisted, though I figure if that happens when I’m playing an AAA I could find a cheap physical copy rather than overpay for the digital version to keep playing (I assume the short notice is a marketing gimmick to that purpose.)
Do you know where’s a good site to find the current list, announced games coming to it, and compete list of games thatve been delisted so far?

Major Nelson is good for the first two parts of that but...

My last gen pile is growing out of control.
THIS. Getting trade banned right before the last 70% promo has led to an overgrowing glut at my house, and recent flea market/pawn shop/video store visits have been good to me. Really hoping for a pre-Christmas 70% promo to pop up.

THIS. Getting trade banned right before the last 70% promo has led to an overgrowing glut at my house, and recent flea market/pawn shop/video store visits have been good to me. Really hoping for a pre-Christmas 70% promo to pop up.
I would think they have to with all of the 4 for $X promos, Pro, and Prestige Days, recently. They are probably bone dry on some fronts.

Yes but they are just making room for walls and walls of Pops
Hit the nail on the head there. Some stores near me don't even keep last gen games on the walls anymore in favor of rack after rack of pops and other worthless collectibles. That said I do hope we get a good trade promo sometime next month at least.

Hit the nail on the head there. Some stores near me don't even keep last gen games on the walls anymore in favor of rack after rack of pops and other worthless collectibles. That said I do hope we get a good trade promo sometime next month at least.
Yeah, all Vita games at 2-3 stores I went to were moved to the back.

Yeah, all Vita games at 2-3 stores I went to were moved to the back.
Well, if you're a fan of paper sheets do I have a proposition for you....

In all seriousness, it makes it such a pain to find what Vita games are in box or not, but on the positive side it may mean rarer vita games stay at the store longer.

Any gamestop workers here that have had their hands on Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate?

Trying to find out if it's a steelbook or not.  No need for buying yet if not since I'm still on Gamepass.

The prestige store I went to on Saturday didn't have last gen games out. A woman came in looking for 360 games. Guy told her we still have them but they are behind the counter. You will have to wait in line. She walked out. Line was 10 deep and two people were trading large stacks of older games.

Anyone know if you can preorder the PS4 Pro + RDR2 bundle in store? It just appeared online.
I don't want to deal with shipping.

Thanks.

Yea, the look of the stores after last week's store resets is pretty much all collectible garbage everywhere now.
The stores in my area moved all of the collectibles to the back of the store. PS4/Switch immediately upon store entry. They made their pre-owned Switch and 360 sections larger. It's nice not having to wade through 30' of garbage to get to the games now.

Anyone know if you can preorder the PS4 Pro + RDR2 bundle in store? It just appeared online.
I don't want to deal with shipping.

Thanks.
I caught myself accidentally complaining that they didn't include anything extra or made an aesthetic difference on the console with this bundle... except for the free $60 game. What have I become?

I caught myself accidentally complaining that they didn't include anything extra or made an aesthetic difference on the console with this bundle... except for the free $60 game. What have I become?
unless you like collecting a rainbow of multicolored ps4s i think a plain one with a free game is the ideal scenario

unless you like collecting a rainbow of multicolored ps4s i think a plain one with a free game is the ideal scenario
Yep, that's my plan. Still have credit from trading in my OG PS4. I wanted the spiderman edition one, but the website kept teasing me and it never came back in stock for me to catch it.

I like the guy's idea here a page or two back of buying all the switch games out of stock.

They can only run stock so thin before they have to run one, or offer semi decent TIV's.
I usually do something similar when there are good promos and I have the credit. NSW and decent PS4 games have been getting tougher to find around me so I hope they do something big in October and November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back