2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate shared with me that they're discarding last gen games from Wii, X360, PS3, and DS. Associate offered me any games from the list. After a quick glance, I saw a bunch of low profile games. Off the top of my head: Haze, Infamous 1 and 2, all Maddens up to 09, NHL's, Hannah Montana DS games and tons others. I would guess these games are most of the less than $1 trade ins.

How are pokken tournament, hyrule definitive, xenoblade chronicles 2, and kirby star allies long term value? I have a b2g1 that expires today and want to get something to trade in the near future.

How are pokken tournament, hyrule definitive, xenoblade chronicles 2, and kirby star allies long term value? I have a b2g1 that expires today and want to get something to trade in the near future.
is it really today coz there's two expiration note on the coupon. one on the barcode is today 9/29 and one on term n condition which is 7/15 to 9/30. i would think its the 9/30 like the last coupon. anybody can verify this?

is it really today coz there's two expiration note on the coupon. one on the barcode is today 9/29 and one on term n condition which is 7/15 to 9/30. i would think its the 9/30 like the last coupon. anybody can verify this?
You're right that it has 2 dates. But why chance it? I went today because I don't want to find out that it expired

i wouldn’t trust hyrule definitive to stay top tier b/c it’s a warriors game (see fire emblem for reference)

which was...
This is what I wrote on their online survey. Hopefully it gets handled promptly....

—->

This is the WORST store experience I’ve ever had at GameStop. IN. MY. LIFE.

I only came to trade a console...

The associates Samuel and Tiffany were the most unprofessional, untrained, and incompetent workers I’ve ever had the displeasure of meeting. I also had the unfortunate experience of talking on the phone with Store Leader EJ, who was rude and out right disrespectful towards me as a customer. To the point where he shouted at me and hung up the phone on me.

Here is a recount of my entire distasteful visit at the GameStop on Wilkinson Crossing, in Charlotte, NC.....

As soon as I walked in the store i was immediately profiled, from his negative preconceived conception of black people. Samuel treated me as if I was a thief, immediately questioning validity of the items I brought from MY HOUSE, to trade.

I was treated as if I didn’t know corporate policy, or proper procedure of business.

*I couldn’t bring an item, from GameStop.com in the store (which is INCORRECT)

*I was told I couldn’t return a brand new unopened item WITH its purchase receipt.
(Which is INCORRECT)

I hilariously had to point out his incompetence by reading the back of the receipt which listed GameStop’s actual policy and not his own.

Following that, Samuel began to look for the most minuscule reasons to deny my trade.

*Such as the micro USB cord which was not a official “Sony” Micro USB, so he couldn’t accept the trade. I told him that was false and that ANY micro USB could be used as long as it worked. He rolled his eyes and moved along.

He then said he couldn’t accept the trade because the micro USB wouldn’t fit inside the controller “snuggly”. I watched him as he intentionally put the connector piece in wrong. I politely asked him “could I please see the controller and cord?” I put the cord into the controller and literally let it HANG from my hand; holding it from the USB cord. Showing it doesn’t get more “Snug” then that. He rolled his eyes and moved along.

He then proceeded to tell me the power cord for the console wasn’t the right one and it wouldn’t fit. (The standard universal two prong AC Adapter cord, that is used by PS4, PS3, Xbox One X, and Xbox One S). I politely asked could I see the console, and immediately inserted the power cable into the console effortlessly......

He then proceeded to hook the console up to the Electronic device testing Screen —>which is used to test Phones, Tablets, and Controllers....NOT to test consoles.

Before even turning on the console, he states if he can’t get it to pull up on the screen he won’t be able to accept it.

Of course the console, that displayed perfectly fine on my $1500 dollar LG television, and any other tv in my house wouldn’t pull up on the monitor, and he then denies my trade.

At this point I came clean and asked Samuel are you “jiving me”? Are you intentionally trying to find a reason to deny my trade? I say “why not Use the flat screen Sony TV sitting right there, because your monitor is more than likely not able to display the output settings of the PS4, if at all because it’s not intended to be used as such.” Samuel states that the “tv doesn’t work, so we use the screen and this hdmi-splitter/Switcher hookup to test things.”
And he said that the store manager EJ set this up “himself”....

(I literally was in the store for OVER an hour and fifteen minutes, for ONE transaction. That totally is UNACCEPTABLE. When i entered the store I was the ONLY One there!

During this entire account of events I had to sit and watch Store Associates Samuel, and Tiffany flirt with each other, answering the phone and walking off, helping numerous other (almost more than 10) customers who came in after me, all the while ignoring and not finishing up my transaction. They would literally stop what they were doing to flirt, and laugh with one another. Or stop leave and go assist and ring up another customer without finishing my own. Store Associate Samuel was literally on the company phone for about 10 minutes talking with STORE LEADER EJ about how to defeat a boss on the new SPIDER-MAN game!!)

I ask Samuel to please let me speak to his store manager. He says no he cannot because he’s not here”. I stated that “you’ve literally been on and off the phone with him talking about video games. Why can I, a customer not be able to speak with your superior involving business???” Samuel huffs and hands over the store phone, so I can speak with Mr. EJ.

EJ and I, discuss policy and procedures over the phone and he states he can help me if I come tomorrow at 10am, and barring that there is nothing they could do for me...Mind you I’ve been in the store for over an hour at this point, had my time intentionally wasted, the last thing I needed to hear is to come back tomorrow, and have my time wasted AGAIN.

I tell him I’m not satisfied with that answer, he then YELLS and says that he’s the manager, and what he says goes. I tell EJ that I blame him for my horrible experience with these two unprofessional and untrained employees, because leadership starts at the top, and that it’s his responsibility to have trained, competent and PROFESSIONAL employees running the store.

Ej says “I’m the manager and it’s my store!”

I state that’s why I’m going above YOU to YOUR superiors District and Regional managers. He immediately hangs up the phone on me.

I hand the phone back to Samuel, he then hurries and finishes my transaction. I then finally leave the store.

This is the WORST experience I’ve EVER had at a GameStop. Not once was I rude or disrespectful at any point of my hour long ordeal. I only grew annoyed at the unprofessionalism displayed before me.

Check the store security camera and check the register transaction time, and the store call log to verify my story. I hope and pray all involved are reprimanded. I rather not have to get on social media or other media platforms to share this story

Lmfao that Gamestop is ghetto as fuck, I refuse to go to that one.

University and Wilkinson are the absolute worst in the city. I try to stick with the Arboretum, Rea Rd and the one on Sharon Amity.

University and Wilkinson are the absolute worst in the city. I try to stick with the Arboretum, Rea Rd and the one on Sharon Amity.
I had came from out of town to visit family. Never in my life would I have ever thought something like his would happen

The guy was pissed I knew, policy and procedure. And when he couldn’t shoot me bullshit, he then decided to waste my time

No store transaction should ever take over an hour

I had came from out of town to visit family. Never in my life would I have ever thought something like his would happen

The guy was pissed I knew, policy and procedure. And when he couldn’t shoot me bullshit, he then decided to waste my time

They're really racist in that particular store because of the area. They automatically assume everyone is a thief with any dark complextion. The manager is an absolute tool that a lot of other managers in the area despise.

Sorry to read your bad experience doc, and I have no doubt that they are racist, but it really doesn't matter, alot of gamestop employees do the same thing to people of any color/race, Im white and have had similar experiences, often times being treated like a criminal when trading in multiple games, getting the third degree on where did I get stuff, seems like the employees go out of their way to be rude and condescending, and find some reason to deny a trade, or knock down the trade with some sort of a defect or refurb fee whenever possible. Its almost always an unpleasant experience when I go to gamestop, but for me its just the cost of doing business with the devil, I need someplace easy to dump the garbage I dont want. For instance, today I found 2 filthy dirty ps3 controllers for 2 bucks at a flea market, I'll spend 5 minutes cleaning them up and get +/- 20 bucks credit towards the next game I want to buy.

They're really racist in that particular store because of the area. They automatically assume everyone is a thief with any dark complextion. The manager is an absolute tool that a lot of other managers in the area despise.
You can literally only steal from a GameStop if the employees are worthless enough to shelf boxes with the discs still in them (I was honest this week and didn’t score a Far Cry 5 freebie) or forget to magnet lock the accessories. That or have an employee so corrupt they activate gift cards without putting cash in the drawer. Having them Hurry Up and Buy people is ridiculous!

You can literally only steal from a GameStop if the employees are worthless enough to shelf boxes with the discs still in them (I was honest this week and didn’t score a Far Cry 5 freebie) or forget to magnet lock the accessories. That or have an employee so corrupt they activate gift cards without putting cash in the drawer. Having them Hurry Up and Buy people is ridiculous!
no he means they assume theyre trading in stolen goods

stealing from gamestops is a problem in my area though. a group of friends will come in, typically very loud and drawing attention to themselves, and theyll take turns putting things in their pockets acting like they arent. yeah i shit you not stuff like lanyards, keychains, whatever shit they have in those tiny bags. people do actually still steal from stores for fun.

no he means they assume theyre trading in stolen goods

stealing from gamestops is a problem in my area though. a group of friends will come in, typically very loud and drawing attention to themselves, and theyll take turns putting things in their pockets acting like they arent. yeah i shit you not stuff like lanyards, keychains, whatever shit they have in those tiny bags. people do actually still steal from stores for fun.
This is going to sound terrible, but I wouldn’t mind if some group stole all of the collectibles plaguing my local store.

That space would be so much better used if they stocked games from all generations in it.

(my 3 year old son would disagree...guess I found their desired clientele lol)

I think this constantly. The stores I go to are slow as shit and if you're trading in a console, boy I hope you have nowhere else to be. Took 45 minutes to trade in a Switch a couple weeks ago because the dude kept helping other people in the middle of testing it. Really dumb.

Anyone try to use the 'check other stores' button to look up a game on the app today? It looks like they 'updated' it and now it's even worse than it was before. Only showing 1 store per zip code I look up as opposed to the dozen or so it showed before. That's a pretty significant downgrade if that's how it's supposed to work now.

Doc, I wish I could give you an Internet hug.

My only advice (to everyone in general) is to get to know the associates at your local stores. Not on a personal basis, but just enough to figure out who’s cool, who’s a junior detective, who is uninformed, etc. I pretty much can characterize everyone at the 4 stores closest to me.

Doc, I wish I could give you an Internet hug.

My only advice (to everyone in general) is to get to know the associates at your local stores. Not on a personal basis, but just enough to figure out who’s cool, who’s a junior detective, who is uninformed, etc. I pretty much can characterize everyone at the 4 stores closest to me.
That’s true. At my home store I have a great relationship with all the employees. Even when I visit stores on my travels, I get along with everybody; exchanging pleasantries and just generally being a decent human being.

However when I walked in that store I was treated like garbage due to the color of my skin.

The guy even stopped during my hour long transaction, to help a “lighter skinned” man and woman looking for an Xbox 360 guitar hero guitar. He literally just stopped what he was doing with me and went searched the store and went into the back room looking for a product THEY DONT EVEN SELL ANYMORE. He really acted if I hadn’t been sitting here for the last 45 minutes at the time. It was total disrespect all around

What do you guys think the chances are of the PS4 Pro 1TB trade in value staying the same until the 7th (the day the 25% promo ends)? Has it been $240 for awhile now? I have one of the older ones and it gets super loud, so Id love to replace it. However I would prefer to wait until the last minute to do it, because I think Im going to go for the Red Dead Pro bundle. and I dont want to have to go longer with out my playstation then I have to. :(

What do you guys think the chances are of the PS4 Pro 1TB trade in value staying the same until the 7th (the day the 25% promo ends)? I have one of the older ones and it gets super loud, so Id love to replace it. However I would prefer to wait until the last minute to do it, because I think Im going to go for the Red Dead Pro bundle. and I dont want to have to go longer with out my playstation then I have to. :(
I traded in my original X1 ~6 weeks early for the X1X. I believe the trade in was $125. It would have been $150 but the controller I ordered was about a week late.

Flash forward about 6-9 months later and there was some trade in promo that gave more value for an original X1 (I want to say $200).

These things happen and they are unpredictable. There is a chance that some day in the next year or so there will be a better trade in value for your PS4 Pro. Or it could also drop more. You never know. Personally, I am happy with my decision. I could have gotten more *hypothetically* by waiting for the ultimate trade in deal, but the trade in credit I got from the X1 went directly towards an X1X (which I am very happy with) and indirectly towards a Switch and more flips (without having to put down cash).

Sony just dropped the MSRP for the Pro in Japan by roughly $50, so you could see trade in values adjsut accordingly if/when the US drops too

I avoid the Wilkinson store at all costs. Went once and the guy there was feeding me all kinds of incorrect information (was awhile ago so I can't remember exactly), and as I was leaving there was a guy selling tasers out of a suitcase in that parking lot.

Haven't had bad experiences with the University store, though. The Northlake area and Huntersville stores are all pretty great (as far as a Gamestop can be) in my opinion as well.

I noticed this:

GET $175 CREDIT TOWARD THE PURCHASE OF AN ARCADE 1UP WHEN YOU TRADE AN XBOX ONE ORIGINAL CONSOLE

Would this stack with the 25% bonus and can they stop me from returing the Arace1upo and pick up the xbox oen x instead.  Seems like insane value for original xbox one

Decided to go for it. Sold my PS4 Pro for $300, and put it towards the Red Dead Bundle. I was going to get Red Dead anyway, and I HATE how loud my Pro is. When I play Spider-Man it sounds like its going to explode. These new ones are suppose to be quieter. That's worth $40 to me.

I noticed this:

GET $175 CREDIT TOWARD THE PURCHASE OF AN ARCADE 1UP WHEN YOU TRADE AN XBOX ONE ORIGINAL CONSOLE

Would this stack with the 25% bonus and can they stop me from returing the Arace1upo and pick up the xbox oen x instead. Seems like insane value for original xbox one
The promo value cancels out the 25%

Decided to go for it. Sold my of PS4 Pro for $300, and put it towards the Red Dead Bundle. I was going to get Red Dead anyway, and I HATE how loud my Pro is. When I play Spider-Man it sounds like its going explode. These new ones are suppose to be quieter. That's worth $40 to me.
What did sony do to make the PS4 pro quieter? What models to look for?
They do the same for the slim models too?

What did sony do to make the PS4 pro quieter? What models to look for?
They do the same for the slim models too?
I guess they just use better quieter fans? Im not sure. The new model numbers will start 72XX. Mine was 70XX, which I think is the launch model. The 71XX were suppose to be quieter as well, but apparently had a heat coil issue or something like that? Im just hoping these new ones are in fact noticeably quieter. Slight gamble on my part I suppose.

They used 2 different fans for the PS4 Pro. Obviously one was better than the other, which explains the hit or miss for the sound of the fans

I avoid the Wilkinson store at all costs. Went once and the guy there was feeding me all kinds of incorrect information (was awhile ago so I can't remember exactly), and as I was leaving there was a guy selling tasers out of a suitcase in that parking lot.

Haven't had bad experiences with the University store, though. The Northlake area and Huntersville stores are all pretty great (as far as a Gamestop can be) in my opinion as well.
I live near charlotte too, in Dallas, that Wilkinson store is awful, if I go to charlotte I go to the northlake stores.

I think this constantly. The stores I go to are slow as shit and if you're trading in a console, boy I hope you have nowhere else to be. Took 45 minutes to trade in a Switch a couple weeks ago because the dude kept helping other people in the middle of testing it. Really dumb.
We did that at the store I worked at. Its because most of the time they have a single employee on staff, and ringing out smaller transactions in between to make sure 5-10 people dont end up forming a huge and annoyed line.

We did that at the store I worked at. Its because most of the time they have a single employee on staff, and ringing out smaller transactions in between to make sure 5-10 people dont end up forming a huge and annoyed line.

That’s understandable if there was one staff on duty. In my situation however, there were two employees.

Also haven’t heard from or gotten a call from GameStop, since the incident Saturday.

If I don’t hear anything from them today I’m taking this to all platforms of their social media

Oh don't get me wrong, I get it. I used to work at GS and would do the same when I could. However, I fully charged and wiped the Switch beforehand and had all the parts neatly rubber banded on the counter. All the dude needed to do was make sure it turned on and the buttons worked. That doesn't take 45 minutes if you know what you're doing

Anyone know if you can switch the pre order to something else after trading in a system to pre order one of the arcade 1up things?
Shouldn't be a problem. I don't think they can tell how you paid for the first preorder so there should be a minimal chance of a JD to stop the move.

Decided to go for it. Sold my PS4 Pro for $300, and put it towards the Red Dead Bundle. I was going to get Red Dead anyway, and I HATE how loud my Pro is. When I play Spider-Man it sounds like its going to explode. These new ones are suppose to be quieter. That's worth $40 to me.
I am thinking about doing the same, have a 2 launch Pro models and they can get pretty loud at times with God of War, Horizon and Spider Man, also it is good to have a newer model with warranty. Is the Read Dead model guaranteed to be the newer model or is it just supposed to be since the spider man one came with it? will probably trade in both consoles and get one right away and the other if there is a good deal on Black Friday, not in a hurry for the second one.

I am thinking about doing the same, have a 2 launch Pro models and they can get pretty loud at times with God of War, Horizon and Spider Man, also it is good to have a newer model with warranty. Is the Read Dead model guaranteed to be the newer model or is it just supposed to be since the spider man one came with it? will probably trade in both consoles and get one right away and the other if there is a good deal on Black Friday, not in a hurry for the second one.
Yes. All red dead bundles should be the new model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back