2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have about ~$300 in GS giftcards and trade-in credit, so my plan was to use that to preorder that bundle.
But Discover is having a 5% cashback bonus for Amazon orders..

Now idk what to do. First world problems man.

So I have about ~$300 in GS giftcards and trade-in credit, so my plan was to use that to preorder that bundle.

The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back into your pocket

$1 cash > $1 GameStop gift/trade card.

If you have to pay your Discover Card off with cash, then it's better to use the GameStop gift card, unless you already plan to spend the $300, but better to not force your hand, use the GS cards.

You can always reload up on GameStop gift cards later, maybe even getting 5% back. Discover quarterly 5% deals usually work at stores that sell gift cards, say CVS or whatever.

As week after week goes by I'm finding it harder and harder to find things to flip, that's not bought with cash on Facebook or offer up, it really has died hard here. If things are otherwise, please enlighten me.

All of the gaming programs are dying too, good thing I locked in gcu and pro while I could.

i need $30 base, 70% promo, and b2g1 (or set stacking coupon) to be motivated to bother...boom or bust :/

For any of you guys that have a ton of PUR points (1 mil+,) what is your exit strategy on pulling those funds out? I'm hoping for a half off cyber monday certs, but that is not very likely. The state of the company seems to be on the decline, and it would be a shame to lose all these points.

The Amazon prime card gives 5% back on Amazon all the time. I had $300 at GameStop too so I pre ordered there.

For any of you guys that have a ton of PUR points (1 mil+,) what is your exit strategy on pulling those funds out? I'm hoping for a half off cyber monday certs, but that is not very likely. The state of the company seems to be on the decline, and it would be a shame to lose all these points.
I've got about 7 million points banked right now and plan to retire on that soon and live the easy life in the dumpster behind the back of my local Gamestop.

Most first-party Switch games now have a $27.50 base ($25 base yesterday), but the $20 base games don't seem to be bumped.
So does that mean they probably won't get the bump at all or do they do it throughout the day/weekend as I was hoping to trade in some games to pay off some preorders.

I grew tired of the clerks commenting on my points and lost hope that the half off certs would ever come back. So, I spent my points on elite membership renewal for the good B2G1 coupon (the current coupon is not good b/c 1 set), stacking elite membership til 2025, and eshop currency.

So does that mean they probably won't get the bump at all or do they do it throughout the day/weekend as I was hoping to trade in some games to pay off some preorders.
No idea. Based on how GS tends to be particularly inept for these kinds of things, I'd assume they won't get bumped at all.

The online PUR certificates DO NOT work. Atleast not towards PSN credit. I tried a few weeks ago and although it appeared to be working it wouldn’t let the order go through. I won’t speak on Xbox, Eshop, or steam codes tho.

As week after week goes by I'm finding it harder and harder to find things to flip, that's not bought with cash on Facebook or offer up, it really has died hard here. If things are otherwise, please enlighten me.

All of the gaming programs are dying too, good thing I locked in gcu and pro while I could.
This used to be the wild west where all you had to do was do a little homework and you can find manageable flips/equal transfers to best buy if you wanted to. Blackbeard was Jesse James and we all followed him but Cag and Thor were the Ford brothers and well you know how that story goes. We are now a modernized cheap society. Rip wild west

While I like your math, I bet Gamestop will give you the better of the two deals and not a combination, though I'd love to hear that you're right.
He's right. For the guaranteed $30 it's always $30 plus 20% of whatever the base value is at the time.

Probably not related to what's being discussed right now, but: What's the word on the rareness/availability after launch of the Dark Souls Solaire amiibo? I have one on preorder because I reflexively buy DS stuff, but I don't use these things or really know anything about them.

Probably not related to what's being discussed right now, but: What's the word on the rareness/availability after launch of the Dark Souls Solaire amiibo? I have one on preorder because I reflexively buy DS stuff, but I don't use these things or really know anything about them.
Probably worth holding on to for at least 30 days after you pick it up. Also, since it is GS exclusive, you'll have no problem flipping it on eBay.

Just spent 30 minutes going through Redbox’s new crappy website & there’s not a single profit flip on there. Sucks, hopefully things pick up next spring when they start selling off the more current titles.

Original tender... unless something else is going on
Found this on a old cag

But yeah, GS is so driven by "numbers" that most clerks are really hesitant to refund preorders. From what I understand, even if they didn't take the original preorder, it counts against the clerk who gives you the refund. So some other dude gets the +1 from your original order and the new clerk gets a -1 from your cancellation. That is totally screwed up and unfair, but that's the way it works. Of course, as a customer, none of this is your problem, but it helps in understanding their motivation. If it is at all possible, it is best to move it to another preorder. And like eau said, you can always pick up that preorder and then return it for a full refund. I don't think that hurts their numbers as much as preorder cancellations go. It is a very odd system - I have always disliked shopping at any place that rewards employees for pushing things (whether sales quotas, subscriptions, warranties, etc). They should get paid based solely on the CS skills / competance / overall helpfullness and not on some random-assed numbers that can be manipulated at the expense of the customer.

Do you mean the PUR certs specific for online? and can we order the currency online and they send a code?

The online PUR certificates DO NOT work. Atleast not towards PSN credit. I tried a few weeks ago and although it appeared to be working it wouldn’t let the order go through. I won’t speak on Xbox, Eshop, or steam codes tho.

In store certs.
i just used a $15 online only PUR certificate to buy $20 psn. paid the rest with my trade credit and it went through fine got the code instantly and was in my order history.

Anyone get a refurb fee on a disc that looks wavy ? There’s no scratches on the disc at all just the reflection of the disc has a lot of what appear to be wave lines?

Halo master chief collection btw...I’m just curious I’m not trading it in yet with the low value when it was $24 just a few weeks ago

i just used a $15 online only PUR certificate to buy $20 psn. paid the rest with my trade credit and it went through fine got the code instantly and was in my order history.
Thanks for confirming, I used 2 $15 online PUR certs to buy 2 $20 PSN cards also (2 separate transactions) I am thinking it only works if you are not using the cert to pay for the full amount (ex: a $10 cert for a $10 Eshop/PSN card) they still need to draw some money from you to complete the transaction, and that is probably also why the denominations available online are very different from in-store making it more difficult to buy a gift card without adding some money/credit from your own pocket. The best deal seems to be just using $15 online cert and getting a $20 PSN/Eshop/XBL and paying the remaining $5 out of pocket (either trade credit or credit card) anyway is good to know it works.

Thanks again!

Anyone get a refurb fee on a disc that looks wavy ? There’s no scratches on the disc at all just the reflection of the disc has a lot of what appear to be wave lines?

Halo master chief collection btw...I’m just curious I’m not trading it in yet with the low value when it was $24 just a few weeks ago
Blu Rays with the waves means it's a dual layer disc and holds 50gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back