2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
The hell happened to trade in promos at bestbuy? Hopefully target comes through soon with their crazy trade in promos.
I imagine with the cancelation of GCU games are going to be treated the same as movies there. Hype up the biggest releases & pay little attention to anything else.

Sorry for this can I get a tl;dr of the saga? Basically widespread flipping back and forth between B&M businesses to an extreme degree?
People were also being stupid too. Like buying the games at gs and trying to trade them back in during the same transaction. Not even taking them to another store. I remember a cag heard someone say "I don't need a bag since I'm trading it back in".

People were also being stupid too. Like buying the games at gs and trying to trade them back in during the same transaction. Not even taking them to another store. I remember a cag heard someone say "I don't need a bag since I'm trading it back in".
I had $200-$300 on a trade card, and was only buying 3 switch games late last year, and the associate asked me if I was one of "those people" (since apparently he thought having that much on a trade card was suspicious). I didn't know wtf he was talking about, and so he said there were people buying games from the Walmart next door and trading them in. These people must have been bragging and obviously told him about how they were gaming the system.

People are freaking stupid, and when given the opportunity will screw it up for everybody else by opening their mouths. I guarantee the only reason that person, whomever they are, that posted the exploit on Reddit did it for the stupid "karma" or thumbs up.

Praying for Switch game TIVs to rebound after Tuesday, though even where they’re at now I can almost break even if I trade in all 6 games I bought today with the 50% promo.

I mean, part of the price tank was probably due to people trading in day one, TIV will obviously go down as preowned stock goes up, I'm sure you guys will be fine once it levels back out

Anyone know who/when online inventory is restocked? Earlier this week there were Steam Links in stock but now they're sold out.

This is actually a great idea, I have 15 games from the B2G1 and some are doubles. I have GCU until August, so I can pre-order the last 3-4 games I want with GCU and the $10 rewards.
Exactly, with an extra 20% off and some games having a $10 coupon it ends up being a much better deal to have my credit at Best buy so I moved close to $300 over today with just switch games. Still have spiderman preorder at GameStop that I'll have to decide if I keep or not.

I know this is a tad late, but I bought a vita, a 64gb memory card and an xbox 360 S 320gb Halo 4 edition and get the Xbox for free, even though the memory card came down to be cheaper than the Xbox with the elite discount. Seems like a glitch, but I haven't' heard anyone talk about it before. 

Looks like a few more drops happened today. Ni No Kuni II went from $20 on Thursday, to $18 this weekend, down to $12 this morning. Not sure how many other games may have dropped. I assume because of their game day sale that just started.

i always wondered why they ever had reasonable prices to begin with

i mean think about it, if they could sell on ebay, etc they would do that. if not, then gamestop can make them deal with whatever low price they want. on top of that gamestop is famous for "giving me three fitty for my sixty dollar game! (from 2016, which got bad reviews)" anyway.

i cant imagine gamestops usual clientele refreshing the site, remembering calendar dates, and doing the math to stack promotions. i wish we were their clientele but having seen what they actually are, its weird how they run their trade in program.

Looks like a few more drops happened today. Ni No Kuni II went from $20 on Thursday, to $18 this weekend, down to $12 this morning. Not sure how many other games may have dropped. I assume because of their game day sale that just started.
Yeah it has had an MSRP drop to $39.99.

Only use it to drop a higher priced game to the same price tier as the other two. For example if you want a $24.99 game and 2 $19.99 games, the coupon takes $5 off the $24.99 game.

Hey CamperinaBush. Anyway you can add something to the OP about using a pre-owned cert w/ b2g1. This question seems to get asked every page.

I mean, I don't think it will stop the question being asked but then, at least, we could post Ferrari "Read the FAQ" pics in response.

I know this is a tad late, but I bought a vita, a 64gb memory card and an xbox 360 S 320gb Halo 4 edition and get the Xbox for free, even though the memory card came down to be cheaper than the Xbox with the elite discount. Seems like a glitch, but I haven't' heard anyone talk about it before.
It was a glitch and it has been patched up.

Hey CamperinaBush. Anyway you can add something to the OP about using a pre-owned cert w/ b2g1. This question seems to get asked every page.

I mean, I don't think it will stop the question being asked but then, at least, we could post Ferrari "Read the FAQ" pics in response.
This has been added to the OP FAQ. Let me know if it needs changing. Thanks!

Guys. If you missed out on the B2G1 glitch, I am fucking sorry. @lumas101 is the MVP GOAT for 2018 hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back