2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's been my experience with the pre-owned certs. They are taken off BEFORE the Pro or Elite 10%/20%. It frustrates me because it feels like wasted certs.
It's just not the deal they make you think it is going to be. The extra value in preowned certs (versus non-preowned cert) makes it equivalent to 20% off. So you pay 44k in points of $44 with elite. Still good, but not a steal of a deal

Makes me wonder if Game Informer is late a month or there's another one coming.  As there is an ad on the inside cover of the Nov. issue mentioning Pro days are coming.

They may have set a new daily trade limit. I know I didn’t go over $2k, or more than 4 of an item. Only traded at stores I’m familiar with and no JD action going on. I traded $1588 in one day and now have a trade ban.

They may have set a new daily trade limit. I know I didn’t go over $2k, or more than 4 of an item. Only traded at stores I’m familiar with and no JD action going on. I traded $1588 in one day and now have a trade ban.
Was all of it for trade credit?

When I got banned last year it's because they accidentally put the same game twice in the same trade instead of a different game, so that put me at 5. It was something like my 4th Mario + Rabbids, and they marked the Zelda as Mario + Rabbids as well, making it 5 Mario + Rabbids. Check your receipts or PUR account, nearly $1,600 in one day could lead to errors.

Or did you trade in $1,600 for Cash seeing as the limit is $500 for Cash in a rolling 30 days.

I traded near the 2k limit last time around but 100% didn't go over. Will try to trade in a couple days when my monthly rolls over and I'll report back. Man I hope they didn't change anything.

When was the last time you traded in before that? I feel like with 1588 in just one day it would have been easy to overlook something and go over the 30 day limit.
It has been 42 days since my last trade before this. I track both values and items traded in a spreadsheet.

Again, I hope my case was just an anomaly. It’s not an issue for me, multiple accounts with lots of stores around I can trade to.

What type of stuff did you trade in (consoles, games, accessories?) If you traded for two Xbox One Xs in one day, i could see the system being setup to auto flag that. Also, did they do any sort of manual override for trade values? I think that may have gotten me banned once.

It has been 42 days since my last trade before this. I track both values and items traded in a spreadsheet.

Again, I hope my case was just an anomaly. It’s not an issue for me, multiple accounts with lots of stores around I can trade to.
That answers it. Multiple accounts.... if someone links the accounts and you go over the $2,000 amount between accounts then all of those accounts get banned. It could be due to thumbprint or stores that require taking a Picture of you, address being the same, Loss Prevention looking into the high dollar amount and making the connection etc. Lots of possibilities but I can tell you that I had multiple accounts with my main getting banned repeatedly once they got linked. Main account was banned for like 9 months total due to opening a new account and LP ultimately linking them.

does anyone what time of the year they do discounts on used game certificates like for power up rewards..is that on cyber monday? thanks

Someone on SlickDeals says that they were allowed to exchange the Xbox One X purchased with the trade in promo for a Fallout 76 one. I'm not sure I trust it 100%, but I'm very tempted. It sounds like the system allows it though - without an override. I'm tempted to try, but I'm on the fence. 

I would predict a trade bonus soon. OCT 12 should have been the expiration date of a lot of those that signed up for Elite last year.

If you trade in a console towards an Xbox One X,  do you have to complete the purchase or can you let the credit sit there?

What type of stuff did you trade in (consoles, games, accessories?) If you traded for two Xbox One Xs in one day, i could see the system being setup to auto flag that. Also, did they do any sort of manual override for trade values? I think that may have gotten me banned once.
I traded two Xbox one s, three switch and a pile of switch and PS4 games to multiple stores. The consoles I used the $50 500Mil code, that’s quite possibly what got me flagged was using that code 5x in one day. I did order a 500Mil though.

My alts aren’t linked as neither of them are banned. I’m not required to show ID or anything when trading, they all have different names and addresses.

I traded two Xbox one s, three switch and a pile of switch and PS4 games to multiple stores. The consoles I used the $50 500Mil code, that’s quite possibly what got me flagged was using that code 5x in one day. I did order a 500Mil though.

My alts aren’t linked as neither of them are banned. I’m not required to show ID or anything when trading, they all have different names and addresses.
How did you use the 500 million code if that expired 9/16? Or are you only just now finding out you're banned? If it's the latter, I don't doubt it was interpreted as abuse of the coupon, or there being a lower limit on console trades.

I didn’t feel very CAG-like today dropping ~$100 on Pokémon Platinum, SoulSilver, and HeartGold, but they were all legitimate copies with the B2G1 and 20% Elite discount. Never realized how rampant fake copies are, and the value of real ones...

I didn’t feel very CAG-like today dropping ~$100 on Pokémon Platinum, SoulSilver, and HeartGold, but they were all legitimate copies with the B2G1 and 20% Elite discount. Never realized how rampant fake copies are, and the value of real ones...
Yeah if they are all complete they're worth a pretty penny

Same here as there is HG/SS CIB at my local GS but just can’t justify the price. Also hard for me to find anything else to combine it with.

Quick questions here. I wanted to trade in a game, but I only have an expired drivers license. Why do they even need the license in the first place? Also, will my expired one work if I want to trade in something?

I still have those three games but my nephew lost the soul silver game case. I will probably get one on ebay but are those games having more fake copies showing up or what? I don't understand.

Quick questions here. I wanted to trade in a game, but I only have an expired drivers license. Why do they even need the license in the first place? Also, will my expired one work if I want to trade in something?
I'm not sure but I assume it should be fine. For me they just enter the license information it seems, no verification for it.

Some Gamestop's take a license, fingerprint or nothing at all. It depends on the state, county and city. Gamestop taking your items and giving you money is what a pawnshop does and thus in some places they have to follow the rules of a pawnshop.

If your in a state like California that inputs all of your information from your id/license then they will not accept it. My license was expired last year and I would have to have my wife do all my trades during that time. Same thing when I would trade in at best buy.

Most likely a stolen copy 😂 that's what my Gamestop manager says if theres a used copy for a big game within 3 days its 90% chance stolen

Actually i take that back.. after seeing how many copies are near me, looks like they did beat the campaign pretty quickly! 😉

Does GameStop have an online list anywhere for which games they are doing midnight releases for?
Not publically. They have an internal list of release times per game, then their preorders and payroll allotment determine whether they will be open or not.

Outside of MS, Nintendo, & EA, almost all games now release at 9 pm local.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back