2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fellow CAGers, I have an important question concerning the 4 For $10

So let's say that I don't have any options for my 4th game of the deal, but I see a game that with the elite pro discount is 7.99 (which I know that is not part of the deal)

Could it be possible that with the 4th game I can use a $5 Pre Owned Reward Certificate, so it can be in the price range that it needs to be to do the 4 for $10?

Thank for your help
no. Base Price HAS to be 4.99 or lower

Is 4 for 10 still going? Thought it ended. I noticed Halo Reach dropped to $5 and wouldn't mind getting 3 more games along with it.

So I'm currently a PUR Elite until summerish of next year.
Will renewing at the Pro level today fuck my membership up?

I hope the trade-in value on Black Ops 4 goes up by the end of the month. I’ve decided I’d rather have it digitally than have the disc, but I want to get back what I paid for it at Best Buy.

So I'm currently a PUR Elite until summerish of next year.
Will renewing at the Pro level today fuck my membership up?

I don't think you are allowed to renew at all until your elite expires.
pretty sure this is right, i have 3 days left and the guy didnt even bug me about renewing, told me any time after the 22nd is when i could renew. he is pretty hardcore about pushing preorders and using coupons (checks accounts constantly) so if he could have done it today he definitely wouldve pushed it.

I hope the trade-in value on Black Ops 4 goes up by the end of the month. I’ve decided I’d rather have it digitally than have the disc, but I want to get back what I paid for it at Best Buy.
whats the advantage of digital? just the convenience? planning to get the pro, is it worth getting it on disk or digital?

Is there any imit on how many switch games you can trade in for the $5 tic bump? I have a few but it would be a hassle if I had to do separate transactions.

whats the advantage of digital? just the convenience? planning to get the pro, is it worth getting it on disk or digital?
Digital is much more convenient for these "games as a service" that offer time limited daily/weekly/seasonal rewards and events that encourage you to drop in and play for a bit. I wouldn't be getting all the extra Street Fighter 5 costumes, Battlefront daily chests, etc if I had to switch the discs for 5-6 games every day/week, and in the end I actually end up playing the games more. Resale and a box on your shelf are the obvious physical advantages.

Physical games make me sick to me stomach, but I’ve gone full minimalist in the recent years, so that explains that. I only bought COD on disc since I could preorder it from Best Buy for $35.88. I was still worried that this year might end up being bad, but instead it’s the best Call of Duty release since Modern Warfare 2. I have a feeling this will have legs for years, so I want to “upgrade” to digital ASAP to maximize my trade-in/flip value. I will be buying the digital copy that comes with the season pass, so I’d prefer to get that by the time the first content drop happens.

Physical games make me sick to me stomach, but I’ve gone full minimalist in the recent years, so that explains that. I only bought COD on disc since I could preorder it from Best Buy for $35.88. I was still worried that this year might end up being bad, but instead it’s the best Call of Duty release since Modern Warfare 2. I have a feeling this will have legs for years, so I want to “upgrade” to digital ASAP to maximize my trade-in/flip value. I will be buying the digital copy that comes with the season pass, so I’d prefer to get that by the time the first content drop happens.
Lol sick to your stomach? I’d hate to see how your stomach handles really disturbing things.

Your best bet may be selling it online or locally on FB

I always buy physical. I just can't fathom putting so much money into digital knowing I could lose the rights at any moment or not being able to resell games I don't want anymore.

I paid $48+tax for Spider-Man. Got the plat trophy and then sold it locally for $40 making it essentially an $8 rental. If I bought it digitally I would still own the game but never play it again and have $40 less to spend. That $40 I got back will almost pay for RDR 2.

I always buy physical for collection purposes and a feeling of ownership. It's super easy to pirate games on PC, so why would I pay money for that same download?

I always buy physical for collection purposes and a feeling of ownership. It's super easy to pirate games on PC, so why would I pay money for that same download?
Lol if everyone had that logic Steam would have never taken off because it's convenient instead of people to buy it there instead of going to shady websites and trying to find cracked versions. Helps that most games are usually cheaper a bit on release sometimes

Lol if everyone had that logic Steam would have never taken off because it's convenient instead of people to buy it there instead of going to shady websites and trying to find cracked versions. Helps that most games are usually cheaper a bit on release sometimes
Shady websites? Trying to find? Lol is this 2005?

So I hate to be that guy... But is there still that chart around with the trade in values for credit movers?

I almost fucking NEVER trade anything in, but I got hooked up with one of those epic quest codes here and I need to find 4x games with a base value of $10 minimum to trade in. I don't mind eating a few bucks to get it since I'll be getting some freebies back, but I need some games in the $10 trade in range to buy for this.

Sorry to be a pain in the ass with this question.

So I hate to be that guy... But is there still that chart around with the trade in values for credit movers?

I almost fucking NEVER trade anything in, but I got hooked up with one of those epic quest codes here and I need to find 4x games with a base value of $10 minimum to trade in. I don't mind eating a few bucks to get it since I'll be getting some freebies back, but I need some games in the $10 trade in range to buy for this.

Sorry to be a pain in the ass with this question.
Not really answering your question, but what I plan on doing is finding games at GameStop that are >$14.99 (after elite) that trade in to best buy for as close to 1:1 as possible, then finding games at best buy to trade back into GameStop that trade as close to possible to 1:1. Kills two birds with one stone since I'll hopefully be able to get the "buy 3 pre-owned games $14.99 or more" and "trade 4 or more games $10 or more" out of the way.

Only one that's sorta gonna suck is the collectible one, since I hate collectibles and have no use for them (guess I can just buy $40 worth of stuff for family Christmas presents or something).

If I’m elite pro and I trade in a Switch game will I get the elite pro price listed on the app plus an extra 5

Example BOTW says 30 so I’d get 35 total right?

Is there a limit to how many switch games you can trade in and get 5 extra for each?

If I’m elite pro and I trade in a Switch game will I get the elite pro price listed on the app plus an extra 5

Example BOTW says 30 so I’d get 35 total right?

Is there a limit to how many switch games you can trade in and get 5 extra for each?
Yes, it's your elite value plus $5.

I believe there's no limit to the number of $5 bonuses.

I had a good day at two GameStops (yes, it's possible!).

GameStop #1

Constructor (PS4, new but gutted) - $4.99

Constructor (XB1, new but gutted) - $4.99

GameStop #2

four for $10

Batman: Arkham Asylum - Game of the Year (PS3, complete)

Far Cry 3 (PS3, complete)

Scene It! (PS3, complete)

Watch Dogs (PS3, complete)

Thanks to CAG member Josef for posting the Constructor price drop.

If you don't see a used game on the shelf, ask if they have it in the drawer.  Batman, Far Cry 3, and Watch Dogs showed up on the website, but they weren't on the sales floor.  Kind of excited about playing Scene It! since I already owned the PS3 buzzer controllers. :cool:

If you don't see a used game on the shelf, ask if they have it in the drawer. Batman, Far Cry 3, and Watch Dogs showed up on the website, but they weren't on the sales floor. Kind of excited about playing Scene It! since I already owned the PS3 buzzer controllers. :cool:
Same thing for me yesterday. Picked up Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2. Both weren't on the shelf, so I asked them and they had both CIB.

Shady websites? Trying to find? Lol is this 2005?
Just what I said, Steam took off because it was convenient to just download the game and that was it period. No looking to see if this crack worked with that patch etc. And yes it's way easier now to see which scene group has the latest cracked version etc. That's all what I meant by it.

GS employees still can't do a return from an online order. They also wouldn't refund shipping but I'll get it back from my boomerangs. I just need a good bonus. The power up rewards section still doesn't work on the app.

GS employees still can't do a return from an online order. They also wouldn't refund shipping but I'll get it back from my boomerangs. I just need a good bonus. The power up rewards section still doesn't work on the app.
I did an in-store return for an online order last week and had no issues. I had used a trade card, but the associate gave me the return in cash, which was unexpected.

I had a good day at two GameStops (yes, it's possible!).

GameStop #1
Constructor (PS4, new but gutted) - $4.99
Constructor (XB1, new but gutted) - $4.99

GameStop #2
four for $10
Batman: Arkham Asylum - Game of the Year (PS3, complete)
Far Cry 3 (PS3, complete)
Scene It! (PS3, complete)
Watch Dogs (PS3, complete)

Thanks to CAG member Josef for posting the Constructor price drop.

If you don't see a used game on the shelf, ask if they have it in the drawer. Batman, Far Cry 3, and Watch Dogs showed up on the website, but they weren't on the sales floor. Kind of excited about playing Scene It! since I already owned the PS3 buzzer controllers. :cool:
Those Scene It games were a lot of fun. Which one did you get? The first (I think it was Lights, Camera, Action) was the best one.

Haha, yeah definitely better with friends. Those are great games for achievement/trophy farming too. 😂
Thanks for letting me know. The four for $10 sale has been great for picking up games that I otherwise wouldn't have bought, and I've been getting my hands on a lot of AAA games from years past and a few hidden gems like Scene It for next to no money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back