2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the old trade ban now still no ide why is there a limit per month you can trade? Only done dupes of same game but for different systems like a month ago?

I'm not sure how to post this. I just made a purchase on a huge glitch. I don't know if they'll actually end up shipping my items, but I got a purchase confirmation email. I'm honestly afraid of ruining my own purchase and of killing the deal for other people. Is there an effective way for me to post without risking killing it?

I'm not sure how to post this. I just made a purchase on a huge glitch. I don't know if they'll actually end up shipping my items, but I got a purchase confirmation email. I'm honestly afraid of ruining my own purchase and of killing the deal for other people. Is there an effective way for me to post without risking killing it?
define glitch, price error or?

if you pm I can see if it works or if you got lucky

I guess you would say price error. The B2G1 system made a beneficial mistake with the final price.
could have fucked up while it was bogged down, the checkout system was being really wonky with my pricing when I was checking out earlier, had to keep refreshing cart til it finally had things right, unless you did something specific to bork it

Right now I'll say that it's getting the most expensive item to go through as the free one. There's a bit more to it that than that. I got a confirmation email but it hasn't tapped my bank account yet so I'm wondering if maybe it's already been caught. Sorry for the secrecy but I know we've had problems in the past.

The $30 bonus for "any" system trade didn't work. The manager tried doing it with other systems and she just couldn't get it to work. I was there for almost an hour while she tried other ways to get it to work and calling other stores about it as well. I was lucky though, she was really nice and overrode it so I ended up getting $55 for my old 2DS.

The $30 bonus for "any" system trade didn't work. The manager tried doing it with other systems and she just couldn't get it to work. I was there for almost an hour while she tried other ways to get it to work and calling other stores about it as well. I was lucky though, she was really nice and overrode it so I ended up getting $55 for my old 2DS.
The promo specifically says PS4, XB1, or Switch only?

Sweet finally got an NES Classic with controller, had $50 credit from trades and free shipping, good deal, glad I waited.

The promo specifically says PS4, XB1, or Switch only?
The one on their website yes but they sent out an email today with a coupon barcode for a free $50 gift card when buy an xbox one x. The bottom of that email shows a promo that states "$30 extra credit when you trade any sysrem". The fine print shows valid 6/26-7/1.

Nice, picked up an NES Classic at Best Buy. Anyone know if it's worth getting a second controller? I already have an SNES Classic, so I could probably use one of those.

Last edited:
If you Take advantage of the buy 2 get 1 free used games, can you still use a pre-owned reward certificate?

damn gamestop, your website and app are the bees knees

i love going on your site and seeing no "check in store" option for pokemon ultra moon because having an "online only" price  option removes it

i also love it telling me that no stores within 50 miles on the app, out of more than a dozen total, there are zero results for a used or new copy of the game. oddly conflicts with pretty much all of them listed as having new copies on the main site though............

piece of shit. how can a technology store be so incompetent. 

Yeah all the values got nerfed, so boomernaging 6 games nets roughly $20 instead of $40
Yeah, outside of gaining PUR points in the process, I'm not sure if $20 per 6 games is worth adding to the 30-day limit. Another option is GS>BB, which you would just about break even with Elite and GCU.

It's crazy that Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Hyrule Warriors, which had a base of $30 last night, also got nerfed to a base of $22.50.

lmao I hope they enjoy no trade ins during this 'promo'. Never seen the values this low.
It's pretty bad. Factoring in the B2G1 promo and a 50% bump, a top tier NSW game flip nets you $3.36 profit per game.

Yeah, outside of gaining PUR points in the process, I'm not sure if $20 per 6 games is worth adding to the 30-day limit. Another option is GS>BB, which you would just about break even with Elite and GCU.

It's crazy that Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Hyrule Warriors, which had a base of $30 last night, also got nerfed to a base of $22.50.
I doubt they get nerfed again during promo so essentially 3 games I can play for free for a week (and get the miniscule My Nintendo gold points)

Wow they really did nuke them. I thought last night they actually bumped DK UP to 30. That's pretty weird. I guess it isn't that big a deal, I

wouldn't have found much to trade at my local store anyway.

It's pretty bad. Factoring in the B2G1 promo and a 50% bump, a top tier NSW game flip nets you $3.36 profit per game.
Bummer.. reserved both hyrule and dk from local store last night to boomerang today, but not worth driving to second store to trade at those prices and not sure I want any more switch stock since I’m already holding from the last good promo.

I hope this strategy fails miserably for GS...I prefer same day booming...bump or bust

The B2G1 sale and them trade values.

IgMyx.gif

So, I'd like some confirmation I'm not going crazy - did the used price for PS4 Pros jump ten bucks overnight? I was considering using the B2G1 (since it's EVERYTHING used) to essentially get a free game out of buying a used PS4 Pro and two high dollar games, which I could have sworn worked out to around 415 (370+45 for God of War/Detroit Become Human after the 20 percent member discount), and today that same cart is 425 dollars because the PS4 is now 380.

It's just ten bucks but I think I'd rather walk out with a new PS4 and a new copy of any of the many PS4 exclusives that are around 20 bucks just on principle. (Also still kicking myself for not deciding to pull the trigger until after Days of Play was over.)

pretty

So, I'd like some confirmation I'm not going crazy - did the used price for PS4 Pros jump ten bucks overnight? I was considering using the B2G1 (since it's EVERYTHING used) to essentially get a free game out of buying a used PS4 Pro and two high dollar games, which I could have sworn worked out to around 415 (370+45 for God of War/Detroit Become Human after the 20 percent member discount), and today that same cart is 425 dollars because the PS4 is now 380.

It's just ten bucks but I think I'd rather walk out with a new PS4 and a new copy of any of the many PS4 exclusives that are around 20 bucks just on principle. (Also still kicking myself for not deciding to pull the trigger until after Days of Play was over.)
pretty sure it was $380 before because when the sony e3 sale was going on they knocked used ps4 pros down $50 to coincide with the new pro sale price and I grabbed a used god of war pro during the sale for $330

Yep TiVs have heavily tanked. Theres still alot of decent stuff, but its primarily last gen games, which means they will be harder to find in store. Almost all current gen games aren't boomerangs anymore.

Yep TiVs have heavily tanked. Theres still alot of decent stuff, but its primarily last gen games, which means they will be harder to find in store. Almost all current gen games aren't boomerangs anymore.
Am I the only one that hates last gen used game boomers b/c of potential refurb hassles...especially wii/360? lol

pretty sure it was $380 before because when the sony e3 sale was going on they knocked used ps4 pros down $50 to coincide with the new pro sale price and I grabbed a used god of war pro during the sale for $330
Compelling evidence. But I also realized I have it listed at 370 in a spreadsheet I made to work out how much my many PS4 purchasing options would cost out-of-pocket so now I'm even less sure that there wasn't a stealth drop in the intervening ten days between Days of Play and now.

At this point I'm gaslighting myself. I'll probably just say screw it, get a new one and three games instead of two, and justify the extravagance as birthday spending.

glad it’s not just me. i always have to bite my tongue whenever the give me grief about the condition of a boomerang game that i just purchased from another store 20 minutes ago :D

Does anyone know if GameStop ever raises the TIV for an XBOX One Controller? I think $20 credit is pretty low for a $60 product. Sorry if this is a stupid question, I am not familiar with GameStop's Trade-In program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back