2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
what did you have to do to get the glitch to work? I tried everything and noone was sharing the info :p

Got my 3 Switch games today in the mail. Two of them came in generic cases and the other one came in the original case but looked like someone sneezed on the cartridge. Those new used labels are a bitch to take off.

Those new used labels are a bitch to take off.
people who dont care how games look wont care but honestly ive been avoiding gamestop because of this lately. screw physical games if they dont have the case, and screw the case if it gets treated like plastic wrap for a disc.

Well out of my 9 switch games they only sent me 8 and the one missing was donkey kong :(. Also from my b2g1 switch order one of them was missing the joy con grip :( and only one of the switches was packed right, the other two were just thrown in the box. Tho the tablet part was wrapped in bubble wrap.

Well out of my 9 switch games they only sent me 8 and the one missing was donkey kong :(. Also from my b2g1 switch order one of them was missing the joy con grip :( and only one of the switches was packed right, the other two were just thrown in the box. Tho the tablet part was wrapped in bubble wrap.
Out of my 6 switches, I got 3 packaged extremely well. 2 came in just tossed in the box with the tablet in a separate baggy, and still waiting on one more. The thing that pissed me off is one of the preowned switches has that dock scratch which is really noticeable, does anyone know if I can get them to replace that specific console??

Out of my 6 switches, I got 3 packaged extremely well. 2 came in just tossed in the box with the tablet in a separate baggy, and still waiting on one more. The thing that pissed me off is one of the preowned switches has that dock scratch which is really noticeable, does anyone know if I can get them to replace that specific console??
Return/Exchange Policy is on your packing list. Yes, you can exchange it.

One of my ps3 slims came in an aftermarket system shell, serial sticker had been obviously removed reapplied to the new shell, lacks any PS3 identifiers but at least it's not all scratched up I guess, same with one of the dualshock 3's, at first I thought maybe it was a knock off but it interally has a legit DS3 pcb inside, just stuck inside a shell with no sony / dualshock branding to be found

hi got a quick question , didnt have the chance of going to gamestop to pick up my preorder of the nintendo 2ds zelda edition , now i  just looked at my app and it doesnt show me the preorder any more and im unable to find it on the app or the website , can anybody give me some info what may have happened? or does it dissapear like that always?

One of my ps3 slims came in an aftermarket system shell, serial sticker had been obviously removed reapplied to the new shell, lacks any PS3 identifiers but at least it's not all scratched up I guess, same with one of the dualshock 3's, at first I thought maybe it was a knock off but it interally has a legit DS3 pcb inside, just stuck inside a shell with no sony / dualshock branding to be found
Welcome to the world of "premium" refurbished. I used the xbox 360 blast from the past controller bundles for mine and I have 16 360 controllers that are all literally crap and they all have obviously been "refurbished". I will be returning these turds lol.

Question: can i use my Elite membership+20% bday coupon+$5 off preowned PUR on a game?

Welcome to the world of "premium" refurbished. I used the xbox 360 blast from the past controller bundles for mine and I have 16 360 controllers that are all literally crap and they all have obviously been "refurbished". I will be returning these turds lol.
Ouch lol

Seeing as how everything shipped with separate receipts will they let you just do a return of part of the B2G1 order

hi got a quick question , didnt have the chance of going to gamestop to pick up my preorder of the nintendo 2ds zelda edition , now i just looked at my app and it doesnt show me the preorder any more and im unable to find it on the app or the website , can anybody give me some info what may have happened? or does it dissapear like that always?
I'd call the store tomorrow

Ouch lol

Seeing as how everything shipped with separate receipts will they let you just do a return of part of the B2G1 order
My Iphones shipped in the same box so I'm stuck with 8....I will just trade them in and take the inevitable refurb fee.

Also I got a few wii and 360 games with b2g1 and most of them are in horrible condition. A few retro games too and they look very bad even tho they were "resurfaced". Honestly, gamestop is really selling a lot of crap when it comes to last gen.

hi got a quick question , didnt have the chance of going to gamestop to pick up my preorder of the nintendo 2ds zelda edition , now i just looked at my app and it doesnt show me the preorder any more and im unable to find it on the app or the website , can anybody give me some info what may have happened? or does it dissapear like that always?
Check the preorder section of the desktop site. It should still be there. They screwed up the app a few months back, and now it won't show some preorders, particularly those that are available for pickup.

I slam people who buy stores out and screw people just trying to get a deal over my dude
Bottom line making the information public after the fact when some people haven't even received their items not to mention all but guarantees a glitch like this won't happen again. That is just a greedy thing to do.

Elitism at its finest. "Look at me guys I got in on a deal that you didn't"

If the truth be known you don't even know how to glitch, bro. You paid at least double what you needed to achieve greatness.

Heads up, new marketing kit dropped and the 40% bump towards digital currency will continue till 7/22 for the time being. So you have some options if you can't get trades in or values don't go back up before the 8th.

Heads up, new marketing kit dropped and the 40% bump towards digital currency will continue till 7/22 for the time being. So you have some options if you can't get trades in or values don't go back up before the 8th.
What happened to the 70% bonus TIV "marketing kit drop"? Did they make you take it out back and burn it?

FYI,  South Park Factured But Whole for the switch is a easy credit mover over to BB if you are looking for BB credit. Burned a couple of certs to move some credit over.  Also MLB the show 18 for PS4 is a small hit mover.

Is buying games and immediately selling back something that frown upon by employees? Is it it a trade they will reject (I assume they have the discretion to reject any trade they want). My GCU ended so am giving the GameStop/ trading method so am new to this. I have 4 games towards the six game credit bump, and I was thinking of just buying (using already existing credit) two copies of fifa 18 and trading back in order to reach the 6 game threshold.

Is buying games and immediately selling back something that frown upon by employees? Is it it a trade they will reject (I assume they have the discretion to reject any trade they want). My GCU ended so am giving the GameStop/ trading method so am new to this. I have 4 games towards the six game credit bump, and I was thinking of just buying (using already existing credit) two copies of fifa 18 and trading back in order to reach the 6 game threshold.
Just buy the two copies of FIFA at one store and then take the whole trade to another store down the road. You run the risk of getting flagged and trade banned if you do it directly all at once store.

It breaks 2 rules. First, never buy something and then immediately try to trade it back in. Second, you can't trade in more than one of the same game (same platform) on a trade in.
I definitely done the latter on a couple of occasion. Sometimes the rep may ask a question about why I have two copies But I just explain that both me and my brother are just done playing a certain title.

How does the dreaded trade ban work? Everything was going great until I gave my I.D. then bam it says I'm banned. I know I havent even come close to 1k this month let alone 2k. How long do these last?

I definitely done the latter on a couple of occasion. Sometimes the rep may ask a question about why I have two copies But I just explain that both me and my brother are just done playing a certain title.
Still more the exception than the norm. Most stores will not take more than 1 copy.

How does the dreaded trade ban work? Everything was going great until I gave my I.D. then bam it says I'm banned. I know I havent even come close to 1k this month let alone 2k. How long do these last?
typical ban last 90 days.

Two words “low profile” what ever you do try to keep one and you will be able to flip years not weeks.

I bought ONRUSH pre-owned from GameStop a few days ago and used 2 rewards coupons ($25 & $15), ended up paying $12 + tax out of pocket. I love the game and it’s currently on sale for $36 on PSN, and I’d greatly prefer having this game digitally now. If I were to return the disc to GameStop within the 7 day return for pre-owned, what amount of money would I receive in return? Would I only get $12 back, or would I get the full Elite price of $44 back? I can’t imagine GS is sophisticated enough to return my reward coupons or points to my account, but I’d be cool with that too.

If no one knows here, I’ll just stop into a store and ask. It’s not like I’m trying to screw them or anything, I’d just prefer to own the game digitally now that I know I love it. I’d also prefer supporting the devs by buying digitally, since I get a feeling this game is not selling well.

Unless it changed, you'd be refunded your purchase price ($12). As for the points, you'd have to call GS CS and have them refund your points. Hold onto the original/return receipt as well. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back