2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it was down the past few weeks. This morning it was back up. It really doesn’t matter now. Just be mindful of high value games before you go crazy.

The app is also notorious for giving wrong values of your refreshing previously saved values as well, at least in my experience. My saved NSW games still show up to $30 but if I look them up manually they're way lower. Just something to keep in mind.

Seems like the only game I traded in that held it's value was the spare New Super Mario Bros.(DS) I had.  Got $24 w/ my Pro card for that.  Traded in Persona 5(PS3) for $16(too boring for me), so I basically got my money back from what I paid for it during the last Pro Day sale.

Grabbed Final Fantasy 3 & 4 on DS and had $1.81 left in credit after it.  Decent trade and managed to dump a few games I wanted to get rid of and get a few I wanted at the same time.

Did anyone try to trade any accessories yet because the signage in the store has in the fine print that the offer is valid for games and accessory trades only?
bump for this answer, would hate to drag a bunch of stuff over to gs only to have to argue about accessories getting the bump

bump for this answer, would hate to drag a bunch of stuff over to gs only to have to argue about accessories getting the bump
Only games, manager at the store I went pointed out that the wording in the legal stuff says "trade any games towards any pre-owned product". So you can use the boost towards the purchase of a used system or controller, but it's only games that will get the trade boost.

Same.

Curious to know this as well. I’ve been holding onto mine trying to find Mario Tennis Aces near me.
i got mine for $35.35 (tax included) using my bday coupon and $5 PUR. It disappeared from my active offers after one use

Fire emblem warriors back to 20 base. Wondering if I should unload my switch games now or wait for bumb

I traded in some games today and bought a 99 cent game to trigger the deal. The remaining credit, with bonus applied to the full value of what I traded, was given to me on a card.
That is exactly what I plan on doing. I always have a hard time finding pre-owned games I actually need to pick up so I can use this to pick up some newer stuff without spending any money.

Fire emblem warriors back to 20 base. Wondering if I should unload my switch games now or wait for bumb
Speaking only on FE, it’s most likely how much $8.50 means to you vs. the risk of it dropping back to <$20. I think it’s base has been as high as $25 since March, so assuming you’re Elite, $8.50 is the difference between $20 and $25 plus the 70% bump.

Speaking only on FE, it’s most likely how much $8.50 means to you vs. the risk of it dropping back to <$20. I think it’s base has been as high as $25 since March, so assuming you’re Elite, $8.50 is the difference between $20 and $25 plus the 70% bump.
I am going to trade mine in tonight. I liked the game, but I'd rather have Hyrule Warriors on Switch and I feel like I can pick up FE Warriors again down the line for cheap.

Bought a pre owned Horizon Zero Dawn Complete edition online and was sent the standard in a blank case. Took it to a gamestop and the guy opens a brand new copy to check if it's the right game disc version and tells me they don't have any used copies to swap for me. That was the last straw.

Bought a pre owned Horizon Zero Dawn Complete edition online and was sent the standard in a blank case. Took it to a gamestop and the guy opens a brand new copy to check if it's the right game disc version and tells me they don't have any used copies to swap for me. That was the last straw.
This seems open ended. What are you gonna do now?

I ordered nine games from the buy 2 get 1 deal, and three of them were just the wrong game, not what was ordered. But the main reason I ordered online was that these games weren’t available at local stores, so it’s not swappable. Just had to return stuff.

Okay, Gamestop fucked me and emptied one of my trade cards when it created an order for a PSN card and now it's in verifying (the amount on the card isn't enough to cover the card currently (it's like $10 short) and it completely drained the card. Does email or phone work best to get to them?

Okay, Gamestop fucked me and emptied one of my trade cards when it created an order for a PSN card and now it's in verifying (the amount on the card isn't enough to cover the card currently (it's like $10 short) and it completely drained the card. Does email or phone work best to get to them?
Always call them, email takes months to get a response

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Godspeed. GameStop.com CS is horrible all-around. Just because a rep tells you something will happen, be skeptical it ever will.

My experiences with never-mailed orders (and yet charged) have been bad after bad. Will never order online from them again.

ive gotten that god damn black labeled case with the ring of destruction around the disc on multiple ps3 games from mail order from gs

do not recommend

Yeah, I have to agree the phone is the best way to go, as email is useless at best. I wish you well no matter the option, as GS is terrible in regards to most things 95% of the time.

It may take 45 minutes to an hour to talk to someone on the phone, but at least you'll eventually talk to someone. Email is pretty much worthless and not worth your time to type it.

Worst customer service of any US retailer.

It may take 45 minutes to an hour to talk to someone on the phone, but at least you'll eventually talk to someone. Email is pretty much worthless and not worth your time to type it.

Worst customer service of any US retailer.
Yeah, since the few connections I had left at GS are all gone, I rarely if ever shop there anymore due to their piss poor CS. At least when I had staff I knew, they would handle any real issues at the store level for me. Now since everyone is gone, I don't even take the gamble. I buy in store only, and even then it has to be a really good deal, or a retail item that isn't cheaper elsewhere.

I've only called them a few times over the years, and one of those 2 times was completely useless. So I'm running at 50% in regards to getting issues resolved. LOL I wish all these stories here where new, but I've seen them all more times than I care to recall.

I called six times and emailed twice because I never got the $50 GC they were advertising with their PS4 Black Friday deal. I'd either get the run-around "We'll look into it" with no follow-up or they'd randomly disconnect and I'd have to start all over again with a new agent. For both the time's somebody said they'd look into it they gave me a reference number and said I would expect an email with the GC in a few days but it never showed up and the reference number was useless to a new agent. Quite literally the worst CS I've ever had to deal with and the lesson was to never shop online at GameStop and I pretty much never shop their in-stores given how crap the trade values have been combined with their lack of deals.

I called six times and emailed twice because I never got the $50 GC they were advertising with their PS4 Black Friday deal. I'd either get the run-around "We'll look into it" with no follow-up or they'd randomly disconnect and I'd have to start all over again with a new agent. For both the time's somebody said they'd look into it they gave me a reference number and said I would expect an email with the GC in a few days but it never showed up and the reference number was useless to a new agent. Quite literally the worst CS I've ever had to deal with and the lesson was to never shop online at GameStop and I pretty much never shop their in-stores given how crap the trade values have been combined with their lack of deals.
Yup, same phone experiences for me. I would also send emails referencing those ticket/issue numbers and i kid you not, I received a response back this March to an email I sent last November. And what's​ even funnier, the email said they'd be happy to try to help but asked me to CALL. Fact that I had given them a ticket number already and it would show it was resolved in January (yes, this January) just highlighted the chaos.

That all said, I have absolutely nothing but glowing positives to say about shopping in-store. The GS reps have always been courteous and helpful. The store experiences are always fine to great.

For people that have problems with GameStop.com orders or even in store, I recommend filing a complaint with better business bureau. This will get their attention.

During the holidays one of my shipments never arrived. I filed a complaint a week later and they shipped it, free of charge actually!

Post dem flips.
2dsf70.gif

Oh, and PES 2018 & Hitman are still decent buys from Redbox.

I went into GameStop yesterday to find something to add to my game collection. The only things that I bought were a $10 Google Play card and a copy of Sneak King for Xbox 360. The game was 99 cents before Pro discount.

Went in yesterday and traded Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch), WWE 2K18 (Switch), and Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 (PS4) and ended up with about $58. Ended up picking up Batman Arkham Origins for Wii U preowned to get the 70% bonus and I also picked up Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition. Thought about just pre-ordering Octopath Traveler, but I think I will just get that at Best Buy with GCU and some reward certs I have. 

Traded in a few games for 100..now I'm not complaining but somehow they made a mistake and gave me 21.50 for god of war orgins collection. I don't understand how unless the app is wrong? Only at 6 base.

Damn you guys were right. Waited 45 minutes to talk to someone and everything seemed to be going smooth with the cancelation. He even said he saw the card and the money it took off and that he'd just cancel the order and the money would go back immediately. He sounded so confident, said it was all done and in 5 minutes I'd be all set and told me to have a good day. That was almost an hour ago and the order isn't even showing cancelled. Fml

What the hell happened to Switch first-party game values?  Holy shit.  I've been out of the loop.  Just checked Mario Odyssey and DK Tropical Freeze and they're $22 base?

Is this temporary or is this probably the new normal?   

What the hell happened to Switch first-party game values? Holy shit. I've been out of the loop. Just checked Mario Odyssey and DK Tropical Freeze and they're $22 base?

Is this temporary or is this probably the new normal?
They’ve been like this for a while now and I just don’t see them bouncing back to above $30. I think being a new console with a limited selection of exclusives helped keep them high for so long.

They’ve been like this for a while now and I just don’t see them bouncing back to above $30. I think being a new console with a limited selection of exclusives helped keep them high for so long.
there’s a chance they might get bumped up a little bit. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe got bumped to 25 base today. All the other switch games are still 22 and below but mk8 deluxe was 22 on Monday too so maybe certain ones will get a small bump soon. I think it helps that’s people buy used switch games a lot because they don’t really go on sale.

With promos (such as 70%), the TIV is always based on regular TIV (and not Elite Pro TIV) x 70%, right? Even when you have Elite Pro. 

What promos are displayed on your receipt for that game trade?
They all have the same code #21612 and elite ( idk if pics going to show up) also surprised how much they give for ni no Kuni..had it for years never played it 😂

[attachment=30529:1531330495013-493352800.jpg]

On a side note anyone know anything about shining reconase r(sp)? I was going to buy it with that sexy steel book and they only seemed to get one each store wonder if it will hold it's vaule..

They all have the same code #21612 and elite ( idk if pics going to show up) also surprised how much they give for ni no Kuni..had it for years never played it

attachicon.gif
1531330495013-493352800.jpg

On a side note anyone know anything about shining reconase r(sp)? I was going to buy it with that sexy steel book and they only seemed to get one each store wonder if it will hold it's vaule..
Wow. that is one heck of a glitch... Wish I hadn't traded my copy in a few weeks back...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back