2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Strongly considering re-buys for Mario Maker and Splatoon at $16 each and Star Fox Zero at $4 after Elite discounts.

Took some more stuff in trade. These are the ones that are either close to, or better than selling on ebay.

DS Kirby Mass attack $13.60

DS Super Princess Peach $25.50

DS Cars 2 $6.80

DS Final Fantasy III $8.50

DS marvel Superhero Squad $5.10

PS3 The Simpsons Game $17.00

PS3 Littlebigplanet 2 $5.10

PS3 Fallout New Vegas $5.10

Wii Super Smash Bros Brawl (loose) $18.70

Look at that Princess Peach! After fees and shipping thats double what you'd get on Ebay.  I've now got $200 in store credit and 66K points. They better not go out of business any time soon, lol

Took some more stuff in trade. These are the ones that are either close to, or better than selling on ebay.
DS Kirby Mass attack $13.60
DS Super Princess Peach $25.50
DS Cars 2 $6.80
DS Final Fantasy III $8.50
DS marvel Superhero Squad $5.10
PS3 The Simpsons Game $17.00
PS3 Littlebigplanet 2 $5.10
PS3 Fallout New Vegas $5.10
Wii Super Smash Bros Brawl (loose) $18.70

Look at that Princess Peach! After fees and shipping thats double what you'd get on Ebay. I've now got $200 in store credit and 66K points. They better not go out of business any time soon, lol
Are fees higher for video games? Sold a pair of Magic cards for $47.50 & after fees & free (for buyer) shipping I’ll end up with $37/$38.

Are fees higher for video games? Sold a pair of Magic cards for $47.50 & after fees & free (for buyer) shipping I’ll end up with $37/$38.
probably about the same. ebay takes 10%, paypal takes 2.9% plus 30 cents, and shipping is $2.66 plus another .40 cents for envelope and label. Princess peach, loose, is going for about $18 on ebay, which would leave you with $12.32. Then with something like Fallout New Vegas, that sells for $5, youd have about $1 in profit, so getting 5 times that from Gamestop is a big win. I was hoping i could find more cheapo games that I could get $5 for and save myself the effort of selling on ebay for next to nothing, for but most everything else was coming up for less than $1.

I see the cash same as credit offer is active, anyone know what the promotion is in California right now? I know sometimes they do extra trade in % instead.

Mercari bruh
I"ve heard nothing but horrible stories about selling on Mercari... something about not getting paid until the buyer reviews you or something? And the fees are the same as eBay, aren't they? 10%... ? Would love if there were more options then eBay but I've read so many bad things about people getting ripped off by buyers and also that it is incredibly easy to get banned there for any and all (or no) reason...

and thanks Sparky for posting those PS3 values, I didn't even think to look any of those up!!

I"ve heard nothing but horrible stories about selling on Mercari... something about not getting paid until the buyer reviews you or something? And the fees are the same as eBay, aren't they? 10%... ? Would love if there were more options then eBay but I've read so many bad things about people getting ripped off by buyers and also that it is incredibly easy to get banned there for any and all (or no) reason...

and thanks Sparky for posting those PS3 values, I didn't even think to look any of those up!!
Yeah, I would love more options than Ebay as well, but gave up that search years ago. I had never heard of Mercari until today, and as stated, the reviews seem horrendous to say the least.

Being a game seller off and on over the years, Game Gavel used to court me from time to time, but the traffic just wasn't there to sell anywhere close to the Ebay prices. Of course, they would have some big name titles that would sell for comparable prices, but those games got tons of press due to rarity. Which in turn put tons of eyes on those listings at the time. Then those would be promoted as success stories, which they where, but they where also the exceptions and not the rule.

Hoping something will come along to topple Ebay or even compete is unlikely, as it would be like another online retailer coming along now, and giving Amazon a run for their money. While I would love to see something like that, it's not very likely.

They are the same, barring the occasional special promotion. If you have an eBay store you get a nice discount on console listings—4 percent commission—which is why I like to sell lots with games and consoles.

Yeah, I would love more options than Ebay as well, but gave up that search years ago. I had never heard of Mercari until today, and as stated, the reviews seem horrendous to say the least.

Being a game seller off and on over the years, Game Gavel used to court me from time to time, but the traffic just wasn't there to sell anywhere close to the Ebay prices. Of course, they would have some big name titles that would sell for comparable prices, but those games got tons of press due to rarity. Which in turn put tons of eyes on those listings at the time. Then those would be promoted as success stories, which they where, but they where also the exceptions and not the rule.

Hoping something will come along to topple Ebay or even compete is unlikely, as it would be like another online retailer coming along now, and giving Amazon a run for their money. While I would love to see something like that, it's not very likely.
Anybody remember Webswap? That was around 15-20 years ago with the premise you could swap any item for another negotiated item, but I think most folks just swapped their items for cash, lol.

They are the same, barring the occasional special promotion. If you have an eBay store you get a nice discount on console listings—4 percent commission—which is why I like to sell lots with games and consoles.
I have a shop on ebay. The console discount makes it worth it by itself. Also get $100 in shipping supply coupons a year.

edit - I didn't realize I wrote an essay - here's the quick summary - eBay sucks, all their updates have ruined it and killed all my sales and done the same to big time sellers too - haven't found any good apps but maybe that's because I live in SoCal which is full of super cheapos so maybe the localized apps might be better for you.

I"ll put the rest under a spoiler tag
I've sold an Xbox One on eBay and it was so nerve-wracking - the buyer rerouted it and then had it held at the Post Office to pick up.... everything turned out OK, but it's just so stupidly easy to pull scams... 

eBay's recent overhaul trying to become an Amazon clone isn't helping things at all.. I don't know if all the recent horrible updates have effected any of you, but all the problems have really added up for me and killed all my sales (listings get no views, they don't show up in searches even when using my own title to search, etc etc etc).  I'm not selling a ton of stuff anyway, but I always have stuff listed and go to the Post Office so often the employees know me.   My sales were pretty consistent for a very long time, but the last 2 months have been horrific - Overall it's down like 80%.   In my worst week, the sales total for all week was half of what I would regularly sell in a day.  

After the first week or 2 I started looking at the seller forums and saw that it happened to many many people, from small timers like me to huge sellers with warehouses and employees... one guy was saying he had to lay off a bunch of people and he has all the data to back up his claims, but when he starts dealing with the top tier eBay customer service something always happens with the eBay rep and they ghost him - he speculated that they were all getting promoted in order to avoid admitting anything. 

Anyway all I'm trying to get at is there are a ton of pissed sellers trying to figure out what to do, so maybe something viable might emerge out of all this.  I've downloaded Mercari, OfferUp, LetGo, and others and some of them hare just bad - LetGo and OfferUp have so many lowballers they make craigslist look like a pot of gold (i live in SoCal, so that could be why the people suck - my Mom is in the Midwest and raves about how awesome craigslist is for selling whatever stuff around the house she wants to get rid of.  Maybe those apps are also like that and give you completely different experiences depending on where you're located)

I've sold an Xbox One on eBay and it was so nerve-wracking - the buyer rerouted it and then had it held at the Post Office to pick up.... everything turned out OK, but it's just so stupidly easy to pull scams...

eBay's recent overhaul trying to become an Amazon clone isn't helping things at all.. I don't know if all the recent horrible updates have effected any of you, but all the problems have really added up for me and killed all my sales (listings get no views, they don't show up in searches even when using my own title to search, etc etc etc). I'm not selling a ton of stuff anyway, but I always have stuff listed and go to the Post Office so often the employees know me. My sales were pretty consistent for a very long time, but the last 2 months have been horrific - Overall it's down like 80%. In my worst week, the sales total for all week was half of what I would regularly sell in a day.

After the first week or 2 I started looking at the seller forums and saw that it happened to many many people, from small timers like me to huge sellers with warehouses and employees... one guy was saying he had to lay off a bunch of people and he has all the data to back up his claims, but when he starts dealing with the top tier eBay customer service something always happens with the eBay rep and they ghost him - he speculated that they were all getting promoted in order to avoid admitting anything.

Anyway all I'm trying to get at is there are a ton of pissed sellers trying to figure out what to do, so maybe something viable might emerge out of all this. I've downloaded Mercari, OfferUp, LetGo, and others and some of them hare just bad - LetGo and OfferUp have so many lowballers they make craigslist look like a pot of gold (i live in SoCal, so that could be why the people suck - my Mom is in the Midwest and raves about how awesome craigslist is for selling whatever stuff around the house she wants to get rid of. Maybe those apps are also like that and give you completely different experiences depending on where you're located)
Well said....The exact reason why I took my losses and sold my PS4 for less at GameStop. These sites are favoring the buyers, and screwing over the sellers, and the marketplace has become littered with scammers.

dammit I didn't expect a quick reply lol oh well I tried 

but yeah, I agree - and the scammers stick to certain categories - video games can be bad, but I would never sell a laptop or cell phone or basically anything trendy... I sell some collectible crap too, and surprisingly rarely have any issues - and when I do, it's usually another seller being a douchebag!  I do play junior detective if things look weird - even just checking the address and googling the name is usually enough to tell you if you should be worried or not.   I sold a $300 thing to some guy who had all these search hits about him and his wife being shoplifters and going to jail - I was like CANCEL!!!

How do you guys get more than one set of b2g1? I just used mine and watched them ring in all 6 games but only one was free.
You don't. Looks like the last few have posted that the B2G1 is only allowing one set. What you may be confusing is that by going pro (not elite IIRC), you can renew as much as you want and they're getting multiple B2G1 coupons.

You can renew elite multiple times. Last I did it about a month ago it was mults for b2g1. Idk about it working anymore

Well said....The exact reason why I took my losses and sold my PS4 for less at GameStop. These sites are favoring the buyers, and screwing over the sellers, and the marketplace has become littered with scammers.
Yes, definitely an issue and is a good reason to take stuff to GS instead when values are close. Easy enough to turn that credit into useful gift cards or games to play.

You don't. Looks like the last few have posted that the B2G1 is only allowing one set. What you may be confusing is that by going pro (not elite IIRC), you can renew as much as you want and they're getting multiple B2G1 coupons.
I posted specifically because someone said last week they thought you could still get at least 3 sets with the coupon.

My selling on Ebay since late last year has been rather sporadic compared to my past simply because I've been having some medical issues that keep me from listing as much as I would like. I haven't noticed any specific issues as of late, but I pretty much have thought Ebay sucked since I first begin using it. LOL

Whenever they offer some new service or whatever, I normally ignore it, so I'm not even aware they are moving in Amazon's direction. But not surprising, as "greed" is the order of the day all over the USA and Ebay has pretty much been the most greedy of the bunch, at least in my experience for a pretty long while. They are pro buyer, and treat sellers like complete shit. Like if all the sellers left, the buyers would still be there.

Separating themselves from Paypal, was the beginning of the end for me, as they still own Paypal, but just wanted to be able to milk customers for more and not have any accountability as one connected company. Now any and all issues, require dealing with 2 places that pretty much both suck. With neither caring if you win or lose. Ebay could be amazing, if they actual did work on their end to catch criminals or prevent fraud, but so long as the money is coming in, they don't give a damn.

I just used my b2g1 on 2 sets last week. Somebody in this thread asked and I posted it works, but hadn't done it in about a year, that got me curious so I ran to GS and renewed my elite. 2 days later used my b2g1 to b4g2.

Why would they want to do that though?
Some employees hate customers and don't want to give them deals. Free games are games they dont get credit for and can't sell to others at full price. Last b2g1 I used didn't work on multiples but others report that they should. I would just hand them however many sets and apply the coupon and see what happens. If it doesn't work for some reason then just say you didn't think it would be that much and put the others back.

well its 10% but no paypal fee.

You sure they rang up all 6 as used? If they rang up one as new, that’d get the result you saw. I’ve had GS folk be helpful and automatically grab a new copy instead of used for me when the new copy is on sale. I just mention the use of a B2G1, and they grab a used copy instead.

You sure they rang up all 6 as used? If they rang up one as new, that’d get the result you saw. I’ve had GS folk be helpful and automatically grab a new copy instead of used for me when the new copy is on sale. I just mention the use of a B2G1, and they grab a used copy instead.
It’s possible but I didn’t notice any prices that looked like new. It was 6 switch games and I only bought 3. They scanned the cases I handed them that were all marked preowned. I may give it another try if I can save enough points to renew my account.

Last week I renewed and used my coupon b6g3 then renewed again Monday and my coupon would only work for 1 set
Really sucked

I sell my games & other items with a retail SKU on Amazon, but other stuff has to be EBay. While AZ does sell some singles from third parties, I believe you have to be a pro seller to sell any Magic cards that aren’t sealed boxes.

Was curious there are some good prices on games that say online only but has anyone seen these prices in-store?
I have had some of the guys I know price match the site for me in the past, but of course YMMV. What I hate is that whenever they have these online only prices they disable the ability to check local inventory for those games.

I'm assuming they are just trying to get rid of stuff they have too much of at their warehouses.
For modern games, I've noticed that they often ship from a store. If it's coming from the warehouse, chances are it was sent there to be "refurbed" (aka get swirl marks and disc dr goo)

If you are wanting to buy/sell games without ebay (or gamestop for that matter) , I use pricecharting.com, the site most everyone uses to check game prices. They don't take a commission, and you can create a direct link to your "store" on there. Of course it doesn't get nearly as much traffic as ebay, but there's less competition too.  I sell about 3 games a day on ebay, and maybe 2 or 3 a week on pricecharting.  Never had any problems, and the additional ten percent that I'm not paying Ebay is nice. If it ever really takes off in popularity, it will be perfect. Check it out, if you're buying or selling.

I wonder if they will do a stealth bump this weekend before i trade them in for 70%? They did it during last years 60% bonus was ending and the values were up across the board for many games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back