2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
How hard is it to find cheap copies of games like Blitz the League, NCAA14 etc that if not for a wise enough game store or pawn shop owner would be piled with contemporary games that cost $1 or two?
Is it just that enough of “us” have scooped them up?
I don’t know how to automate craigslist like people do with eBay, so I’m not really of mind or patience to search CL every day or so for “NCAA” hoping someone has a 360 “lot” with it in it.
I think I have found ncaa football 14 around 15 times this year. I always find them at goodwill and because of the 14, they always price them low. Sometimes they are on the Facebook market place for 5$ I have also gotten them at pawn shops for 5-7$. a

QUESTION:

With the PowerUpRewards coupons for the X Amount Off a Purchase, it clearly states you cannot use it on POS cards, ie eShop, XBL or PSN credit. Is it possible to spend that coupon on say a new game and then just return it? Would I get store credit then which presumably could be used to get the POS cards?

QUESTION:

With the PowerUpRewards coupons for the X Amount Off a Purchase, it clearly states you cannot use it on POS cards, ie eShop, XBL or PSN credit. Is it possible to spend that coupon on say a new game and then just return it? Would I get store credit then which presumably could be used to get the POS cards?
youd only get credit for what you paid out of pocket, the coupon value would be lost

Poop so the coupon comes up as a discount code essentially rather than applied credit to the purchase. That stinks but makes sense, thanks!
You can use them on cards now. They updated the beginning of the month. They just haven't changed the wording.

I created this sheet for the top trade in values for games when i am out looking for games and i dont know if it will be worth buying to flip for higher gamestop credit value.

You can sort by system on the tabs on the bottom, since the older generations are usually cheaper and on sale i stopped collecting data once the value got to around $6. For new generation i usually stopped at $14 since most new gen prices are pretty high at second hand shops. You can also sort by a-z or price with the filter.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iyP5nXm6LXF5ZlM7tIcLDppIZnrrmy5u8QD2nttnJQs/edit?usp=sharing

Please let me know if you have any suggestions to improve this. Thanks
I update my own flip sheet (link in sig) about once a week. I sort it by b2g1, just like old times.

Why would you even consider this for a whole 50 cents?
Get the credit now
Tempted to trade NCAA 14 in now but with a bump it's usually $20 base in August...combining that with even a 30 percent promo would get me $26 compared to $25.5 now...but that is assuming a bump.

Just to confirm, I can trade games in towards the purchase of Wii “Jumper” ($.79), get the 70% trade bump and apply the rest of my credit towards a preorder of the Spiderman PS4 Pro?

Super good trade in yesterday. Last week I tried trading in a NSMB on Wii and the guy charged a refurbished fee (which was BS) so I took it and walked. But yesterday I took a big pile to a different store and not only did I not get a refurbished fee on the same NSMB, I didn't get a single refurbished on anything. And this included a Wii sports, and you know that thing was not in good condition. This was with the ASL and I've had issues with her before (not DJ, just bad CS) but we had a great conversation, she reminded me to use my double points coupon, I threw her a pre-order, and was done.

Question. I keep hearing people getting double points coupon. How are people getting those? Tia! Also sidenote- loving the forum of late. A lot of awesome people helping newbs like me out. 😁

I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance.  I just recently tried to make an online purchase with my trade-in credit that's on my Elite Pro card and it's showing that the gift card number is invalid, but a recent recent shows the same card number with a balance from my last trade-in.  I haven't done anything unusual to get banned, etc.  Is this a simple fix or am I going to have problems?

I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance. I just recently tried to make an online purchase with my trade-in credit that's on my Elite Pro card and it's showing that the gift card number is invalid, but a recent recent shows the same card number with a balance from my last trade-in. I haven't done anything unusual to get banned, etc. Is this a simple fix or am I going to have problems?
There should be two categories under payment options “gift cards” and “power up reward trade credit”. Should work under the power up reward.

There should be two categories under payment options “gift cards” and “power up reward trade credit”. Should work under the power up reward.
I appreciate it, but I couldn't find what you're referring to. I tried checking out and applying the card number there and it specifically indicates the area for gift cards and PUR trade credit is the same area but it still shows invalid at checkout. I guess i'm going to have to go into the store and hope someone can re-issue the credit under a new number.

I appreciate it, but I couldn't find what you're referring to. I tried checking out and applying the card number there and it specifically indicates the area for gift cards and PUR trade credit is the same area but it still shows invalid at checkout. I guess i'm going to have to go into the store and hope someone can re-issue the credit under a new number.
[attachment=30573:602C0363-BCED-4514-8BD3-CA297E6B1809.jpeg]

This is how it looks like in thebgamestop app, maybe desktop is different.

attachicon.gif
602C0363-BCED-4514-8BD3-CA297E6B1809.jpeg

This is how it looks like in thebgamestop app, maybe desktop is different.
Thanks. I had only tried the desktop which is different, but both are giving me problems. I guess there is some glitch, etc. Appreciate your help.

You sound like me...

I think I'll be doing this when I wake up... haven't fired up the Switch in a year at least. Should I take off the screen protector first?
I feel sorta bad trading it in, but only because it's the "old" version that can supposedly be hacked (dunno if that makes it worth "more" or not). I'm moving though and the less stuff I have to take, the better.

Hopefully the double points coupon works with the $30 console and 70% game promo (doubt it since it says can't be combined with other offers).

Anyone try buying gift cards in store or online? I wanted to buy google play card and they changed me tax, both in store and online. Anyone else encounter this kind of BS?

What is required to trade in a Wii console? I’ve read some posts that say it’s better to trade in accessories separately from the Wii to get more credit?

What is required to trade in a Wii console? I’ve read some posts that say it’s better to trade in accessories separately from the Wii to get more credit?
Well depends which wii console you have if it's the og that's plays gamecube yes it's better to sell the accessories. You will recieve.
Wiimote - $10
Nunchuck - $2
Sensor bar - $8
Av Cable - $1
So $21 total before elite pro $25.20 with pro vs
$21 for all that and the system

Anyone try buying gift cards in store or online? I wanted to buy google play card and they changed me tax, both in store and online. Anyone else encounter this kind of BS?

Yes I was charged tax for a Burger King card today

I thought it was weird. GameStop getting greedy

Well depends which wii console you have if it's the og that's plays gamecube yes it's better to sell the accessories. You will recieve.
Wiimote - $10
Nunchuck - $2
Sensor bar - $8
Av Cable - $1
So $21 total before elite pro $25.20 with pro vs
$21 for all that and the system
What do they require if I’m gonna trade in without the accessories?

You can't trade the Wii in without the accessories. It has to have sensor bar, Wiimote, av cable.
Probably having a brain fart, but feels like I’m getting two different answers. One says to trade the Wii and accessories separate and another says can’t trade Wii alone? Want to get the most value of it, can you clarify? Thanks!

Probably having a brain fart, but feels like I’m getting two different answers. One says to trade the Wii and accessories separate and another says can’t trade Wii alone? Want to get the most value of it, can you clarify? Thanks!
Your options are to trade in the Wii along with all of its accessories or to trade in just the accessories. You're being told that in some cases, just the accessories are worth more than the entire system. If you piecemeal it, you would either keep the system or sell it somewhere other than Gamestop.

They mean trade in the accessories alone and then sell or donate the console elsewhere.

Your options are to trade in the Wii along with all of its accessories or to trade in just the accessories. You're being told that in some cases, just the accessories are worth more than the entire system. If you piecemeal it, you would either keep the system or sell it somewhere other than Gamestop.
Thanks, that all makes sense now!

Yep, no reason to buy gift cards if we get double taxed, but it seems only gamestop is doing it right now. Hope it's just some error....

Alright I ended the suspense I was putting myself through and traded in NCAA 14 for $25.50.  My luck it will get bumped to $20 this weekend with 70% bonus (in CA).

My Gamestop here locally runs a Facebook Page and they posted how due to some state law that kicked into effect they now have to charge tax on any digital currency their systems seem to have went live with it today is what they claimed.  My GS is in Iowa FYI

Traded in 6 dumpster dive games I found a couple months ago with 3 of my own games, then found a retro game in store to buy and get the 70% credit, guy pulls it up the trade and says $81 store credit or 60 cash and i was like did you apply the %70 credit since im getting this game, and no he did not. Buddy tried to pull a fast one on me. I found it funny he didnt even look at the disc quality cuz I know wii sports was jacked and so was another dumpster game. gonna go tomorrow and give them more jacked games for cash :)

Traveling to San Diego and then back to AZ this week will pay off giving me the option of 70% or cash. I... I could really use the money rn ghost of B.B. halp

New promo for "$20 guaranteed credit towards preorder...on select games."  

I'm wondering how this relates (or stacks) with the bonus in CA plus any other bump that may be happening soon. 

Speaking of the assumed bonus in CA, did anyone see signs put up early in a store today.  I was in a store about 15 minutes before closing and didn't notice anything. 

Let’s see how long before ncaa 14 drops
I doubt it’s soon, this time period was always when NCAA would release historically. Also in areas dominated by Trump, NCAA Football is looked at in a more positive light than NFL so that is another factor in the demand for NCAA.

Not to mention the game was pulled from digital stores so it’s physical only unless you previously got it digitally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back