2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone cares...

I got an email today from the district manager apologizing for what the manager did on Saturday. She allowed me to go to another Gamestop and get my trade manually adjusted to get the 70% (Id rather have that than the cash). She even gave me her personal cell in case I had problems again. Super nice lady.

Apparently, the manager at the store called loss prevention which immediately locked my trade account. It has been fixed and my account restored. The guy was a new manager whose attitude is "not always the best."

Tl;dr your trade account can be locked by a quick call or email to LP. Surveys are read quickly by corporate.

I found a Pelican GameCube controller for Wii when I was cleaning my room. The mobile version of the GS website says a GameCube controller is worth $6.60. Does anyone know if third party accessories have a lower value if the website doesn't show a difference between first party and third party accessories?

I found a Pelican GameCube controller for Wii when I was cleaning my room. The mobile version of the GS website says a GameCube controller is worth $6.60. Does anyone know if third party accessories have a lower value if the website doesn't show a difference between first party and third party accessories?
Third party is always lower than first party accessories. If it's not listed, they most likely do not accept it.

Gamestop corporate takes negative surveys seriously. A couple of months ago I was trading in a bunch of games and my credit total was less than it should have been. I asked if the correct promos had been applied and he said they were all there (40% for trading toward DKC Tropical Freeze). I told him I think it was wrong and he looked again and said it was correct. I noticed at the same time that the amount on the screen dropped. He dropped a refurb fee on my highest value trade in for questioning the trade credit. I said that was bullshit and he grabbed the game case and said it was pretty scratched up, but didn't show it to me. I should have asked to see it, but I just wanted to leave, so I took DKC and left. I did the survey right when I got home and torched him.

The next time I was in GS picking up something else, the manager said something to the guy helping me about "the Donkey Kong incident". He apologized to me and said he looked at the game and it shouldn't have gotten a refurb fee. They said the employee was being retrained in what constitutes a refurb fee. He also gave me a $10 gift card. Needless to say they got a perfect survey that day.

Anyone know the refurbish fee for trading in dualshock 4 controllers? I have 2 that my nephews messed up the grips. Wouldnt mind getting some money back on these for new ones

Gamestop corporate takes negative surveys seriously. A couple of months ago I was trading in a bunch of games and my credit total was less than it should have been. I asked if the correct promos had been applied and he said they were all there (40% for trading toward DKC Tropical Freeze). I told him I think it was wrong and he looked again and said it was correct. I noticed at the same time that the amount on the screen dropped. He dropped a refurb fee on my highest value trade in for questioning the trade credit. I said that was bullshit and he grabbed the game case and said it was pretty scratched up, but didn't show it to me. I should have asked to see it, but I just wanted to leave, so I took DKC and left. I did the survey right when I got home and torched him.

The next time I was in GS picking up something else, the manager said something to the guy helping me about "the Donkey Kong incident". He apologized to me and said he looked at the game and it shouldn't have gotten a refurb fee. They said the employee was being retrained in what constitutes a refurb fee. He also gave me a $10 gift card. Needless to say they got a perfect survey that day.
Im not usually one to complain. We all have bad days. In fact, I was just going to brush it off and take my games to the next closest store. But when he employee wrongfully screwed with my account by getting LP involved, I was angry.

Just picked up Mario Kart 7, New Super Mario Bros DS, Mario Party sland Tour, and Donkey Kong Returns 3DS for $25 off OfferUp. Being in California, I'm not sure if I should trade them in for $70 credit, or save them for my trip out of state next week for $50.

Just picked up Mario Kart 7, New Super Mario Bros DS, Mario Party sland Tour, and Donkey Kong Returns 3DS for $25 off OfferUp. Being in California, I'm not sure if I should trade them in for $70 credit, or save them for my trip out of state next week for $50.
Do you shop at Gamestop?

Wait a few days. I typed in MwtJuly18 on the website trade page and games showed up so we have a bump this weekend.

Well traded in two of the three switches I bought during the b2g1 promo with trade credit lol. Now I have $440 cash to party with :D ha... I'll just spend it on more games... .

Well traded in two of the three switches I bought during the b2g1 promo with trade credit lol. Now I have $440 cash to party with :D ha... I'll just spend it on more games... .
Should have just sold them on FB or CL for a flat $250. I did that with 9 of 'em.

I found a fat ps4 with 19 games on FB Marketplace on Monday for $175. Immediately went to GS to trade console back for cash and was told I'd reached my limit and couldn't trade anymore.

...so then I bought my mother her own Elite membership

You mean it makes it 4 for $16, right? Or are you saying it means games that are $12 before discounts qualify this time? Traditionally it's the first and not the latter.

Question about the shadow of war deal if you buy it you get the season pass am I correct. Like the whole expansion pass that is a crazy good deal. Pretty much the gold edition for $20

Elite makes the 4/$20 into 4/$16 after the discount.

If you buy Shadow of War on PS4 for $20 new, you can get the season pass for another $20. So $40 for base plus expansions.

Wait a few days. I typed in MwtJuly18 on the website trade page and games showed up so we have a bump this weekend.
Does that only apply to the items that shows up on that list? Or pretty everything has a chance of increasing value?

WiiMote has decent value with the cali promo, gonna dump off a couple today. Seem all Wiimote has been merge there's no listing for just the standard ones anymore.

So I'm in a bit of a fight on the Gamestop subreddit. Generally the employees who post on there skew towards the better but I've got this guy defending to the death their aggressive tactics.

It all started with a newer employee asking how to get his PUR numbers up and I responded telling him not to be like an employee I'd had that day - he told me I was expiring "soon" and got awkward when I asked how soon... it was October. The employee thinks I'm a jerk for thinking that was predatory. Sorry but 3/4 of the way through an annual subscription is too early to hound me and pretend it is urgent.

I was polite in turning the guy down, but definitely did not do a survey. I feel like that's a reasonable response to that shit.

Not sure if this has been talked about yet, though I did do a half-assed search first.  

GS added a bunch of PS2 games into their system this week which they are now (allegedly) taking in as trade. They do not yet show up online, but they can be searched for in-store and I got my local SL to print out a sheet for me and I've linked it below.  The TiV's are not listed on the sheets, but their future prices are along with the individual SKU's. If anyone DOES get a hold of a TiV list, please share it with me. :)

https://anonfile.com/z3M94df8b1/Gamestop_Playstation_2.pdf

That link will download the pdf file. However, I know it looks shady so here is an imgur link to the scans as well: https://imgur.com/a/t0AHdX9

WiiMote has decent value with the cali promo, gonna dump off a couple today. Seem all Wiimote has been merge there's no listing for just the standard ones anymore.
If you go to the GS trade in section of the wesbite just type 'wii' under accessories. It'll show all the wii stuff they take and theres 2 wiimotes - the basic one ($10 base) and the one with motion plus built in ($12 base).

Funny that the motion plus one is only $2 more base but if you pair it with a base Wii for a system trade in it goes up to $35 from $21.

If you go to the GS trade in section of the wesbite just type 'wii' under accessories. It'll show all the wii stuff they take and theres 2 wiimotes - the basic one ($10 base) and the one with motion plus built in ($12 base).

Funny that the motion plus one is only $2 more base but if you pair it with a base Wii for a system trade in it goes up to $35 from $21.
Yeah in store they label the motion plus one as a "Wii U" remote while the original is "Wii" remote so if you search the site for "Wii Remote" (on the android app at least) it won't include the "Wii U" listing.

Not sure if this has been talked about yet, though I did do a half-assed search first.

GS added a bunch of PS2 games into their system this week which they are now (allegedly) taking in as trade. They do not yet show up online, but they can be searched for in-store and I got my local SL to print out a sheet for me and I've linked it below. The TiV's are not listed on the sheets, but their future prices are along with the individual SKU's. If anyone DOES get a hold of a TiV list, please share it with me. :)

i need confirm on this because I have about 2,000 disc only ps2 games to go through if this is real!

Traded in a ton of accessories with the 70% bump in CA today. Was able to off 4 Wii knock off sensor bars I got on ebay for a couple bucks each for $13.60 in credit each. Also traded back the 360 controllers I got from the glitch for $17 each which is ironically more than I paid for them. They also took a Dual Shock 3 with a huge crack in it that I got at goodwill for $1. The refurb fee was still only $3 despite the crack.
Didn't the 70% promotion end on the 22nd?

GS added a bunch of PS2 games into their system this week which they are now (allegedly) taking in as trade. They do not yet show up online, but they can be searched for in-store and I got my local SL to print out a sheet for me and I've linked it below. The TiV's are not listed on the sheets, but their future prices are along with the individual SKU's. If anyone DOES get a hold of a TiV list, please share it with me. :)

this would be a game changer for me, if they even give a buck a piece for commons, i also have hundreds

this would be a game changer for me, if they even give a buck a piece for commons, i also have hundreds
Indeed. This would be huge. There are so many PS2 games out in the wild — yard sales, thrift stores, etc — that usually aren’t fooling with for eBay and the like that might be viable for GS credit.

Nobody click on that link and download that file. Looks like a virus, and we may just be getting trolled...

Nobody click on that link and download that file. Looks like a virus, and we may just be getting trolled...
I was going to put it on my dropbox but I didn't want to get doxxed on my account. I could scan the pages to individual images and post to imgur I suppose. Will edit this post when that's done.

Here is the imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/t0AHdX9

Probably should have done that in the first place but was kinda lazy on scanning individual print outs.

I was going to put it on my dropbox but I didn't want to get doxxed on my account. I could scan the pages to individual images and post to imgur I suppose. Will edit this post when that's done.

Probably should have done that in the first place but was kinda lazy on scanning individual print outs.
thanks for the heads up!

I just know when I hit download on my phone I started getting a funny, virus like message.

Ps2 game trade ins would be fantastic. On a similar topic does anyone have any insight into if we may soon see a clearance event for the Wii and Wii U games similar to what they did with Xbox/Gamecube and then later on with the PS2 when everything was sold for 4/$10 then $1 apiece etc.? My first inclination is that they wouldn't do that since they're back in the retro market now and could just transfer the Wii and Wii U games to the warehouse once they decide to no longer carry them in stores. But I feel like that would leave them sitting on a huge inventory surplus. If they do decide to do so the timing would be right for the next yearish and then 2 more years until a PS3/360 event.

No Rule of Rose, Haunting Ground, or Blood Will Tell. Thanks for the info.

Hate these cash same as trade promos. Limit is $500 cash and values are the same as they were during the 70% boost. Even with the bump happening this weekend, I doubt I'll get the $34 I was getting for Forza Horizon 2 last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back