2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
anybody try trading in with the inflated values for an xbox1x preorder? i see the nba 2k19 comes out 9/11, just in time to cancel and get the spiderman pro instead..
That would be the way to do it. Wouldn't need a receipt since you would just be moving a pre order to something else. You could even do it then move the pre order to the spiderman pro before it releases and I don't think you'd have any issues, as long as the 2k xb1x is in the system for store pre orders which I assume it is.

Ballsy move. I think people for sure would get reported for that... If anyone tries, have a friend do it for you since PUR doesn't matter for console trades.
yeah, i was thinking it would be better than a straight $500 return. i just dont see them giving $300 for a pro towards the spiderman pro.

The receipt you’d then get after picking up the preordered Xbox (worst case scenario) wouldn’t have the traded console from August listed on it then, right?

The extra 50% trade in credit deal that expires 8/12 is for games and game accessories only, correct? And not for phones/electronics, etc...
Pardon my ignorance but is this trade in deal on the GameStop website? Or is it just the GameStop's that aren't participating in the same as cash trade in promo?

PS4 Pro value went up $30. Its like gs saw this thread and bumped it lol.

On another unrelated gs note, I recently sold my Battlefront 2 Pro. I originally had it posted on VarageSale and FB but I couldn't believe some of the lowballs I was getting. Lots of $250 offers and one guy super lowed at like 180. I honestly thought it would sell fast since everyone is out of stock in my area and no game shops even have them used. Finally sold it to w coworker of mine for a good price.

It's for stores that are ineligible for the cash same as credit promo. Here's the list from the website: https://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/tradecenter/CSAC_ineligible_stores.pdf
That list is not very reliable, I'm in MN and took my stuff when the promo first started to the RIchfield store (listed as ineligible) and they said they were actually eligible and offered cash, was looking for higher credit and called a couple stores on the list around and they seem to be eligible... ended up going back to the first store and doing the XBL credit promo (which is listed as ended on 7/22 but still going, guessing til the 12th like some other promos) so if you want credit better call in first to save you the trip even if listed.

I think Red Dead Redemption II might give me just the excuse to get an Xbox One X...
It'll look great on One X, but I don't know how much better it will look compared to a PS4 Pro if you already have one of those.

That is the boat I am in at least. I want a One X, but I can definitely manage to play RDR2 on my PS4 Pro. I need a killer first-party game to sell me on the One X. I'd love to upgrade from my OG Xbox One.

It'll look great on One X, but I don't know how much better it will look compared to a PS4 Pro if you already have one of those.

That is the boat I am in at least. I want a One X, but I can definitely manage to play RDR2 on my PS4 Pro. I need a killer first-party game to sell me on the One X. I'd love to upgrade from my OG Xbox One.
I have purchased multiple X1Xs, but have resold all of them. I kind of just want to justify holding on to one. Yes, I do have a PS4 Pro.

Forza Horizon 3 and Gears of War 4 looked pretty damn impressive.

Some due on SD was saying he thought he could get $300 for his One S plus another $75 in store credit at the Microsoft store if he traded for a One X.
I didn’t have any luck verifying the $300 online. Anyone know anymore about it?

Anyone that has traded in an Xbox One...

Delete profiles, delete wifi info, game installs and saves, check drive for game (eject)

And that should be good, right? I want to wipe as much info as I can, while still allowing them to check its in working condition. I don't trust them to erase it.

Some due on SD was saying he thought he could get $300 for his One S plus another $75 in store credit at the Microsoft store if he traded for a One X.
I didn’t have any luck verifying the $300 online. Anyone know anymore about it?
I'm guessing that $300 is for a PS4 Pro.

There was a screenshot from a chat with a Microsoft rep. She said that an Xbox One S would trade in for $375. No confirmation from anyone that’s tried it in store.
I am considering trading in for $300 but if I can get $375 I'm all in. I don't use my Xbox One very much but I was considering getting an X for Cyberpunk 2077 (and now having seen RDR2 gameplay I would get that on Xbox instead of PS4 if I got an X)

There was a screenshot from a chat with a Microsoft rep. She said that an Xbox One S would trade in for $375. No confirmation from anyone that’s tried it in store.
The only way to get a quote is by going to a Microsoft Store with your trade. I called a store to confirm this. Odds are that chat rep was erroneously quoting the $300* max trade value from the webpage without actually knowing for sure. Also, MS store trade values are usually garbage just like BB.

Isn't the bigger deal with the Microsoft trade deal is they are paying $75 for a Wii?
But you have to pay the rest of the $500 with cash. You could just wait for an eBay 20% off everything sale and do better than that. You'll not pay sales tax and keep the wii.

The only way to get a quote is by going to a Microsoft Store with your trade. I called a store to confirm this. Odds are that chat rep was erroneously quoting the $300* max trade value from the webpage without actually knowing for sure. Also, MS store trade values are usually garbage just like BB.
While this is the most likely scenario, no one knows for sure until someone tries it. I was passing along the information I saw.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/RYZBpiS

the comma before the "plus" is a clarification that the $75 is included within the trade in value, reaffirming "up to $300" It might as well say "and not over $300," too
Well, maybe French was the writers first language...lol just kidding.

But the real issue is what does MS want me to play on this thing? I know, I know...but's it's impossible not to compare their 1st party offerings to Sony. Asking gamers not to compare is just asking too much. MS needs a baseball game and Spiderman. *Short rant over...putting straight jacket back on*

But you have to pay the rest of the $500 with cash. You could just wait for an eBay 20% off everything sale and do better than that. You'll not pay sales tax and keep the wii.
Yeah, but if they are going to give me $300 for an Xbox One S and then $75 for a Wii that I have in the closet, that's a darn good deal.

And I called MS too. Wow, what a shit show. Can't even give you a range for the Xbox One S to clarify. Told him I'll just go to Amazon, BB, Gamestop or Walmart where they can give me hard numbers without driving.

Yeah, but if they are going to give me $300 for an Xbox One S and then $75 for a Wii that I have in the closet, that's a darn good deal.

And I called MS too. Wow, what a shit show. Can't even give you a range for the Xbox One S to clarify. Told him I'll just go to Amazon, BB, Gamestop or Walmart where they can give me hard numbers without driving.
You are limited to only one console getting the trade offer. Everything else would just be normal trade values = shit

Forza Horizon 3 and Gears of War 4 looked pretty damn impressive.
They do, plenty of games look damn impressive on the One X. I already have Forza Horizon 3 and Gears 4 though and I am not playing them on my Xbox One now so they aren't convincing me to dive into the One X yet.

I am definitely going to get a One X, but I am waiting for a good trade-in deal and a possible bundle or price drop. If the One X were $400 for example, I'd be trading my OG Xbox One in today for $200 and leaving Gamestop with a One X.

Looks as if someone might have done the leg work in Canada:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/microsoft-store-microsoft-xbox-one-x-trade-up-program-2213767/4/

Here are some values taken from the MS Trade in Portal (asked a friend at the Yorkdale store and this is all we had time to check)

Xbox One S - (Do not need to trade in controller)
500GB - $119
1TB, 500GB W/Kinect - $145.45

Xbox 360 - All Accessories
No Hard Drive - $15.80
20GB - $15.80
120GB, 250GB, 320GB - $19.67

Sony Playstation 4 - All accessories
500GB - $191.89
1TB - 218.01
Pro - $306.38

Sony Playstation 3 - All accessories
80GB, 120GB, 160GB - $40.96
250GB, 320GB, 500GB - $46.44

Nintendo Wii - $27.74 - All accessories

Nintendo Wii U - All accessories
8GB - $42.25
32GB - $63.53
With the conversion rate - US dollars are about 25% lower than the values above.

They do, plenty of games look damn impressive on the One X. I already have Forza Horizon 3 and Gears 4 though and I am not playing them on my Xbox One now so they aren't convincing me to dive into the One X yet.

I am definitely going to get a One X, but I am waiting for a good trade-in deal and a possible bundle or price drop. If the One X were $400 for example, I'd be trading my OG Xbox One in today for $200 and leaving Gamestop with a One X.
Fair enough. This is Cheapassgamer, after all. :)

Anybody else trading their ps4 pro for $300 by pre-ordering the NBA 2k xbox then moving the pre-order monies over to their spiderman ps4 pro preorder before it comes out?

I already have the spiderman pro preordered ($50 down) and wonder if this will be as good as it gets for a trade in deal.

Anybody else trading their ps4 pro for $300 by pre-ordering the NBA 2k xbox then moving the pre-order monies over to their spiderman ps4 pro preorder before it comes out?

I already have the spiderman pro preordered ($50 down) and wonder if this will be as good as it gets for a trade in deal.
Wait, I need to look into this...because I'm worried that there won't be these nice console trade in deals for the PS4 Pro...the Pros are so popular right now. Do they really need to offer high TIV on used consoles to get people to buy them?

EDIT: I have a store that's pretty cool (most are not) so I'm just going to ask them flat out if I can do this...they still get the used system and my money...they just end up moving a Pro instead of an X. I wonder if the X's are moving well right now...

Wait, I need to look into this...because I'm worried that there won't be these nice console trade in deals for the PS4 Pro...the Pros are so popular right now. Do they really need to offer high TIV on used consoles to get people to buy them?

EDIT: I have a store that's pretty cool (most are not) so I'm just going to ask them flat out if I can do this...they still get the used system and my money...they just end up moving a Pro instead of an X. I wonder if the X's are moving well right now...
Uh ... please report back.

Anyone that has traded in an Xbox One...

Delete profiles, delete wifi info, game installs and saves, check drive for game (eject)

And that should be good, right? I want to wipe as much info as I can, while still allowing them to check its in working condition. I don't trust them to erase it.
You're good with those three I bolded. Definitely at the very least delete your profile from the console.

No kidding, dude. I'm simply curious.
Yeah, sorry about that...dealing with little kids can make you obnoxious...they start to rub off on you, lol.

Yeah I will report back...this particular store is a diamond in the rough and doesn't sweat the little things. They moreso care about if you are trying to pull a fast one. But if you are honest and upfront, they will work with you as long as you are spending your cash and not just flipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back