2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if this has been asked before but what happens if I take advantage of the trade in deal for the XB1X and decide to return the system unopened? 

Say I trade in the PS4 Pro for $300, pay the extra, then a few days later I decide I want to return the XB1X for whatever reason. Do I just receive the $300 back in credit and the rest back to my card? Also, I assume they have you return the free game as well (the one you get for picking up an X from them this week)

Sorry if this has been asked before but what happens if I take advantage of the trade in deal for the XB1X and decide to return the system unopened?

Say I trade in the PS4 Pro for $300, pay the extra, then a few days later I decide I want to return the XB1X for whatever reason. Do I just receive the $300 back in credit and the rest back to my card? Also, I assume they have you return the free game as well (the one you get for picking up an X from them this week)
they wouldnt complete the return without the game

as far as the credit is concerned, technically they will give back the 300 trade credit but most employees unfortunately will fight about it, or at least grumble.

Yeah they should give you the 300 credit back, as somebody else stated they'll probably beef a little but still do it. Depends on who you happen to catch the counter. I wouldn't try this at my nearest store... the store mgr is there a lot and doesn't like this kind of stuff. Plus there's always this one guy who's suuuuper picky about trades - rejects or refurbs on the tiniest flaws. And if he thinks you're a flipper, he'll get even more stingy. Super annoying. Started taking trades to the store right across from where I work and have had no issues since.

they wouldnt complete the return without the game

as far as the credit is concerned, technically they will give back the 300 trade credit but most employees unfortunately will fight about it, or at least grumble.
Yeah they should give you the 300 credit back, as somebody else stated they'll probably beef a little but still do it. Depends on who you happen to catch the counter. I wouldn't try this at my nearest store... the store mgr is there a lot and doesn't like this kind of stuff. Plus there's always this one guy who's suuuuper picky about trades - rejects or refurbs on the tiniest flaws. And if he thinks you're a flipper, he'll get even more stingy. Super annoying. Started taking trades to the store right across from where I work and have had no issues since.
Thanks y’all. I’m trying to lock in that trade credit for the Spidey Pro bundle. I’m worried they may not do a trade bonus once the current one is up. I’ve got two GameStops very close by, one is a Presrige and one is in the nearby mall. I’ll probably go to the mall when since I don’t show face in there often. I don’t really care if they grumble, as long as I can get the $300 credit lol.

With a gift receipt they probably would just give the whole damn $500+tax back as cash. You’re better off playin dumb and having your Dad or something return it for you, then looking like you’re just returning it to get the Spider-Man thing.

With a gift receipt they probably would just give the whole damn $500+tax back as cash. You’re better off playin dumb and having your Dad or something return it for you, then looking like you’re just returning it to get the Spider-Man thing.
I have no intentions of telling them what I’m doing. I was going to return and let the credit sit and put it towards the Pro later along with some gift cards I have.

Also, are you positive they will give back cash from a gift receipt? If so, that sounds like the route to always go. I’ve never used gift receipts but that sounds like one hell of a loophole if it works. I’d figure they give back all in credit for something like that....basically to keep the sale with them. If that’s what happens then I surely don’t want to go that route since I have the rest I need for the Pro on a gift card.

If anything, I’ll just have my gf return the X since they never give her shit anyway. I once was told no when I tried to trade in a Vita because one of the stickers were missing....had her attempt the same trade the same day with no issues.

Also, are you positive they will give back cash from a gift receipt?
I've had pretty mixed results with gift receipts in the past. I say give it a try but don't be surprised if they want to just throw it all on a gift card. I seem to remember the system wanting to give you back the currency you initially paid for it with but I've had them give me back both cash and credit at different times so who knows. Never hurts to try!

I've had pretty mixed results with gift receipts in the past. I say give it a try but don't be surprised if they want to just throw it all on a gift card. I seem to remember the system wanting to give you back the currency you initially paid for it with but I've had them give me back both cash and credit at different times so who knows. Never hurts to try!
Got ya. I’ll try it and if they try to toss all on a gift card I’ll just say no and attempt a regular return. I don’t want the $200 + tax stuck at GameStop. I really don’t mind having to go back and forth with them about the return if I have to anyway.

I bet I’ll go through all this effort and they’ll be offering the same trade towards the Spidey Pro after the 28th lol. Ah well, I just want to get rid of this loud ass launch Pro.

It does! I added more to my pre existing pre orders and it bumped up my trades. I traded in 3 games and kicked $5 on 3 games I had pre ordered. All 3 trades got the bonus.
Great, now we just need to know if it's one promo allowed per pre-order, or if we can keep going back everyday and appling another $5 trade bonus.

I want to do the 200 xbox promo. What are the limitations? Can I return the xbox and keep the 200? Will it be prorated if I do not put it towards something else?

I know this is probably a recurring question, but I'm looking to trade in my Xbox one s for the X, but only have the Elite and Lunar White controllers, which I don't want to trade in, but I'd like to keep the bundled controller with the X. Anyone know of the cheapest Xbone controller I can pick up to throw in to trade? GS has a Captqin America controller for $12, but there's none near me, after that the lowest I can find is around $20.

I know this is probably a recurring question, but I'm looking to trade in my Xbox one s for the X, but only have the Elite and Lunar White controllers, which I don't want to trade in, but I'd like to keep the bundled controller with the X. Anyone know of the cheapest Xbone controller I can pick up to throw in to trade? GS has a Captqin America controller for $12, but there's none near me, after that the lowest I can find is around $20.
im p sure they require the default controller

You do know you are supposed to trade in a first party controller with the trade in right?

Your best bet is to find a cheap controller off of Craigslist or FB marketplace to trade in. Try maybe a pawn shop too

You do know you are supposed to trade in a first party controller with the trade in right?
You used to be able to throw third party controllers in with trades, did they stop that with the current systems? Oh well, guess I'll just give up the pack in controller, they've let me do that before.

Does anyone know the chances of the Spiderman Ps Pro coming back in stock? My Ps Pro sounds like a helicopter taking off sometimes and I'm worried I should get a new one while the gettings good lol

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the chances of the Spiderman Ps Pro coming back in stock? My Ps Pro sounds like a helicopter taking off sometimes and I'm worried I should get a new one while the gettings good lol

I doubt you'll be able to pre-order anywhere at this point, but I do think if you really want one that you could probably find one when they come out next month. It'll probably also be loud though, my PS4 Pro is only loud when running more intensive games like God of War. I hope the Spidey Pro isn't as loud since that will become my main PS4.

I doubt you'll be able to pre-order anywhere at this point, but I do think if you really want one that you could probably find one when they come out next month. It'll probably also be loud though, my PS4 Pro is only loud when running more intensive games like God of War. I hope the Spidey Pro isn't as loud since that will become my main PS4.
Yeah I guess I'll just have to keep an eye out. I think the Spidey pro is the best looking PS4 to date imo. But yeah when I was playing Detroit my pro was so loud it was ridiculous. Probably how they all are though due to how graphically demanding it is. I was hoping maybe the Spidey pro would be better in this regard.

Yeah I guess I'll just have to keep an eye out. I think the Spidey pro is the best looking PS4 to date imo. But yeah when I was playing Detroit my pro was so loud it was ridiculous. Probably how they all are though due to how graphically demanding it is. I was hoping maybe the Spidey pro would be better in this regard.

Do you have a launch pro? If so those are notoriously loud, I switched to the god of war pro and I haven’t heard the fan ramp up much at all

In the same boat as you, my current Pro is basically a hovercraft. Cant play No Mans Sky without it being obnoxious. Are you not going to try for the 500 million translucent Pro? Or does the Spider-man one really check all the boxes for you personally?

Do you have a launch pro? If so those are notoriously loud, I switched to the god of war pro and I haven’t heard the fan ramp up much at all
I have a plain black pro, but I got it awhile after launch so I'm not sure honestly.

In the same boat as you, my current Pro is basically a hovercraft. Cant play No Mans Sky without it being obnoxious. Are you not going to try for the 500 million translucent Pro? Or does the Spider-man one really check all the boxes for you personally?
I personally think the Spidey pro is a better fit for what I want. Besides that it's gonna be hard to get the 500 million pro. It sold out almost instantly on Amazon uk when preorders opened today.

I really liked that Monster Hunter World one. I like the Spider-Man one too, but I wish it had some blue trim around it or something. Not a huge fan of the all red personally.

I have a launch Pro, but it only seems to be loud when playing games like God of War. I play Overwatch with little to no sound.

I personally think the Spidey pro is a better fit for what I want. Besides that it's gonna be hard to get the 500 million pro. It sold out almost instantly on Amazon uk when preorders opened today.

The 500 Million Pro is very cool, but I can't justify the extra money unless I knew I was going to flip it, which I wouldn't want to do. I am going to buy the controller and headset though.

The 500 Million Pro is very cool, but I can't justify the extra money unless I knew I was going to flip it, which I wouldn't want to do. I am going to buy the controller and headset though.
Is the PS4 camera that comes with the 500 Million Pro a normal version or does it have the custom translucent blue casing design, as well?

I see that Madden NFL 19 is guaranteed $30 TIV for 30 days for Elite.  Do I need a coupon like in the past?  I got it as a free game at GameStop so I technically didn't buy it from them. 

Want to hold on a bit and see if there are any better deals (Amazon, Best Buy or GS) for it before I trade it.

And I assume the 10% bump for buying PSN/Live credit when you trade is over finally? 

Is the PS4 camera that comes with the 500 Million Pro a normal version or does it have the custom translucent blue casing design, as well?
It is also translucent blue. They are doing the Pro console, Dualshock 4, Gold Headset, and camera in the translucent blue from what I understand. I still have my original Gold Wireless headset from when the PS4 version came out and it works fine, but it isn't translucent blue so I think I need the upgrade for cosmetic reasons more than anything lol. Same with the controller too since I just bought the Midnight Blue a few months ago and will have that Spidey controller next month.

For those looking for Spidey PS4 Pros, I was able to get GoW pro by walking in around 8pm on launch night (launched at 9pm) and paid for one in full. Call your local Gamestops to see if they have them on launch day.

Anyone have luck swapping out one of their "4 for $20" games after the promo has ended (but still within the 7-day return period)?  I want to replace the 4th "filler" game I grabbed with another game that has the same ($9.99) price. 

For those looking for Spidey PS4 Pros, I was able to get GoW pro by walking in around 8pm on launch night (launched at 9pm) and paid for one in full. Call your local Gamestops to see if they have them on launch day.
I am probably wrong in thinking this but I would be willing to bet the Spider-man pro due to its character association will either be on par or possibly even more valuable than than the 500 million Pro. Main reason being is Spider-man will always be relevant and every time a new Spider-man movie comes up the value will only rise.

I am probably wrong in thinking this but I would be willing to bet the Spider-man pro due to its character association will either be on par or possibly even more valuable than than the 500 million Pro. Main reason being is Spider-man will always be relevant and every time a new Spider-man movie comes up the value will only rise.
Spider-man Pro $450-$600 sold recently on ebay, 500 Million one just went for $1600, most in the $900 range. Crazy thing about the $1600 listing is the seller is in the US and won't even know if they will have/get one to sell yet.

god of war pros new sell for 6-700 now. a target near me has one and I keep asking myself if I want to grab it and put it on ebay

also I was able to grab 14 ps4 games for $40 on let go. 10 of them were worth $2-$7 each so I put them all towards preorders to get an extra $5 on each one

god of war pros new sell for 6-700 now. a target near me has one and I keep asking myself if I want to grab it and put it on ebay

also I was able to grab 14 ps4 games for $40 on let go. 10 of them were worth $2-$7 each so I put them all towards preorders to get an extra $5 on each one
Separate pre orders or could they be applied to the same ?

Yeah, the Spider-Man Pro may be worth more in the long run than something like the God of War Pro, but I can't imagine it will be more valuable than the translucent blue console.

I found this e-mail in my junk folder today. Came from a suspicious address, but I went directly to the website and it seems legit from looking at the court docs.

http://www.braysecuritybreachsettlement.com/

Anyone else should check their junk folder, as the e-mail has a claim ID.

Data Breach Class Action Settlement - GameStop Website Customers

The Settlement provides two types of payments to people who submit valid claims: 1) Reimbursement of up to $235 for out-of-pocket expenses and documented lost time that resulted from the Security Incident; and 2) Reimbursement of up to $10,000 for extraordinary expenses which were more likely than not caused by the Security Incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back