2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spiderman Collector's Edition was going in and out of stock yesterday online. I was scared to order it with trade credit after people saying they've lost their credit ordering online. Any chance GS ships extras to stores? 

Spiderman Collector's Edition was going in and out of stock yesterday online. I was scared to order it with trade credit after people saying they've lost their credit ordering online. Any chance GS ships extras to stores?
Best bet is call the store the morning before release (9/6) and ask whether they have extras. Then call again around 6pm. You may have to go prepurchase for "midnight" release, but it you can't find it otherwise, then that's your option

The Forza Horizon 4 Xbox One X bundle got announced today. It's still not up on the GameStop site yet. There's also the One X trade in deal going on right now and it ends next week. Any chance employees would let you trade your console toward a pre-order for the bonus credit before the deal ends? My brother wants to upgrade to X and trade in his old Xbox while this is happening but the bundles they have in store right now suck.

The Forza Horizon 4 Xbox One X bundle got announced today. It's still not up on the GameStop site yet. There's also the One X trade in deal going on right now and it ends next week. Any chance employees would let you trade your console toward a pre-order for the bonus credit before the deal ends? My brother wants to upgrade to X and trade in his old Xbox while this is happening but the bundles they have in store right now suck.
they probably wont have a problem with you picking up an xbox one x right now and returning it towards the other bundle

The Forza bundle comes out in early October so I'm not sure about holding on to another sealed Xbox for over a month, seems risky.
you should certainly be able to put the balance towards a pre-order of the bundle.

in my head it looks like this:

ask if you get the bonus on the forza bundle preorder.

if you cant get it towards a preorder, put it towards an in-store bundle and get a gift receipt.

return the in-store bundle towards the pre-order of the forza bundle, or just get a straight up return.

The Spidey Pro showing back in stock on Gamestop.com for those looking for one.
Grabbed one with trade credit.

Didn't have a PS4 or an XBone so this'll be my first jump into the system (so many years behind everyone else). I do have a Switch, but that's a little bit different. Can't wait to give Last of Us a try, now to find a decent TV to play this on.

Grabbed one with trade credit.

Didn't have a PS4 or an XBone so this'll be my first jump into the system (so many years behind everyone else). I do have a Switch, but that's a little bit different. Can't wait to give Last of Us a try, now to find a decent TV to play this on.
thanks for the heads up. Also grabbed one with trade credit.

lost my trade in cards, does this method still work or am I screwed?
https://www.gamestop.com/svcredit?utm_source=cheetah&utm_medium=email&mi_ecmp=56781&utm_campaign=20180621_reservation_credit&om_rid=1018926076&utm_content=5

I got it in an email ages ago but remember hearing it was hit and miss here. Or can I go into a gamestop and ask, seems like an L waiting to happen.
I have some receipts from past purchases with a a trade credit number but dont think they are the ones I lost.
Just tried and it should work. I had $27.

I still have a B2G1 to use before 9/29. Have to figure out what to get. Almost nothing new-ish looks interesting. Might just flip something.

Edit: talked to a customer service rep and it can take 48 hours. He also said they should be able to issue you a new one if it doesn’t work.

Just tried and it should work. I had $27.

I still have a B2G1 to use before 9/29. Have to figure out what to get. Almost nothing new-ish looks interesting. Might just flip something.
Did you get like an online code or it just told you the balance? I wanted to pre order the Spider-Man PS4 pro online.

here we go again....

P.S. dont use that link, call customer service (or have your local store call) if you lost your cards

Don't think anyone deconfirmed this, but sadly the 50% off preowned games with a purchase of a preowned  system does not work on multiples on the website, weridly. figured I was about to have a field day picking up some older games that are hard to find in store. Oh well, hopefully I can be on top of the next online 4/$X0 so I can fill out my collection. Guess it could still work in GS, but I doubt they have any GBAs, as they are the cheapest systems sans a Kinect, weirdly.

I went into GameStop the other day to pre order some Switch games and they just had someone trade in a CIB SNES and some loose SNES and NES games. They said the system would be $90 but couldn't be sold yet (CA pawn law) but I did pick up Super Ghouls and Ghosts for $16 and Gradius III for $8 all paid for with credit. There was also a Mystical Ninja for $24 which I almost got, but I passed. The rest were Mario's and Zelda's which were over market value. It was all very dusty but the labels are very nice.

I knew I should have ordered the Spider-Man PS4 Pro last night but was hopeful it would still be available today. Out of stock...maybe it will come back before launch.

I went into GameStop the other day to pre order some Switch games and they just had someone trade in a CIB SNES and some loose SNES and NES games. They said the system would be $90 but couldn't be sold yet (CA pawn law) but I did pick up Super Ghouls and Ghosts for $16 and Gradius III for $8 all paid for with credit. There was also a Mystical Ninja for $24 which I almost got, but I passed. The rest were Mario's and Zelda's which were over market value. It was all very dusty but the labels are very nice.
I cringe when I see people bring retro Nintendo stuff into GS because I know they’re about to get hosed on the trade in values.

Currently, Weekly Ad says Shadow of War is 9.99 and doesn't specify PS4 this time around. But the actual site doesn't seem to show either at that price.

In case anyone is wondering about the $30 Guaranteed trade value on Madden NFL 19...

I got it as my free game with my XBox One X. I just got an email letting me know I have 20 days left to trade it for a guaranteed $30. Wasn't sure if it applied to the game if it was free. Apparently it does and no coupon required.
Only restriction is you have to have at least the free rewards card.

First, the gamestop site is terrible atm, cannot load anything. Also they finally have regular PS4 Pros in stock. Now to consider if I want to keep my Spider-man one or grab a regular one. 

First, the gamestop site is terrible atm, cannot load anything. Also they finally have regular PS4 Pros in stock. Now to consider if I want to keep my Spider-man one or grab a regular one.
Why would you get a regular Black Pro when you have the Spider-Man Pro pre-ordered? They are the same price and one doesn't include Spider-Man.

I saw in the ad about the extra 25% credit when you trade in select headsets. Does anyone know which ones?

I saw in the ad about the extra 25% credit when you trade in select headsets. Does anyone know which ones?
I was trying to figure this out too, there are very few headsets even listed for trade in (that i can find) and last i heard all headsets were just taken in as generic (ps4/xbox one) headset

Why would you get a regular Black Pro when you have the Spider-Man Pro pre-ordered? They are the same price and one doesn't include Spider-Man.
While I love the look of the system I am a bit apprehensive about the gloss finish on the top layer. I have had zero luck in my entire life of owning glossy consoles. This isnt due to me touching them all the time or having kids that play near them, they just always seem to get scratched and it bothers me. I also already have spider-man pre-ordered digitally so I would just be selling off the game regardless. Literally the ONLY thing that even makes me consider grabbing a regular pro is because of the glossy finish on top, other than that I love everything about the Spider-man bundle.

I was trying to figure this out too, there are very few headsets even listed for trade in (that i can find) and last i heard all headsets were just taken in as generic (ps4/xbox one) headset
Sigh, I wish I could get some decent credit from trading up my old Gold Headset for the new model. I don't see it listed as an accessory to trade though.

here we go again....

P.S. dont use that link, call customer service (or have your local store call) if you lost your cards
Just spoke with customer service and the agent said it can take up to 48 hours. He was able to see I had $27 in credit so it hasn’t been wiped. He even said if it were to get wiped for whatever reason, they can issue you a new one. I don’t know what you’re talking about.

While I love the look of the system I am a bit apprehensive about the gloss finish on the top layer. I have had zero luck in my entire life of owning glossy consoles. This isnt due to me touching them all the time or having kids that play near them, they just always seem to get scratched and it bothers me. I also already have spider-man pre-ordered digitally so I would just be selling off the game regardless. Literally the ONLY thing that even makes me consider grabbing a regular pro is because of the glossy finish on top, other than that I love everything about the Spider-man bundle.
That is understandable. Sony seems to love glossy finishes too the Vita is a fingerprint magnet!

Sigh, I wish I could get some decent credit from trading up my old Gold Headset for the new model. I don't see it listed as an accessory to trade though.
Same here, I have been trying to sell mine to a friend so I can use the money towards the new one, but I am going to buy it regardless. My Gold headset is fine, but I want one that I can use with my PSVR.

buy a clear console skin

Same here, I have been trying to sell mine to a friend so I can use the money towards the new one, but I am going to buy it regardless. My Gold headset is fine, but I want one that I can use with my PSVR.
So does it have a better fit than the original with the VR unit? I've got the V2 and the in ear headphones are cool but I prefer the over the ear design.

Digital Foundry did an unboxing of the 500 Million edition PS4. It had clear plastic on all sides including the top. Assuming the spider man edition is similar then you can just keep it on to protect the top.

Also, for those interested, Gamestop is supposedly going to have the 500 million edition available online tomorrow at midnight central time. online only.

This isnt due to me touching them all the time or having kids that play near them, they just always seem to get scratched and it bothers me.
I’m the exact same way, I try to take care of my consoles but glossy finishes make it hard to. I still can’t get over scratching up my Wii U when cleaning it with a brand new Swiffer duster.... I’m definitely going to leave the clear plastic on my Spidey Pro if it comes on it.

I don’t know if anyone cares but for those who are going to trade towards the One X, the Project Scorpio edition is surprisingly back in stock on GS’s website. I ordered one in store today and the employees told me when it ships to my house, just bring the console in, along with my One S and they’d do a return/rebuy to get me the promotional amount.

Note: the workers there are always beyond helpful and nice so it’s become my go-to GS

Spider Man or 500 Million edition PS4 Pro? Tough decision.
Spider-Man for me personally. The 100% glossy finish on the 500 million unit and controller just killed my hype for it entirely. I feel most people are only going into overdrive concerning the system cause it has a limited number attached to it. If it was a normal release that was just another sku with no limited quantity I doubt you would be seeing so many people lose sleep. Plus playstations 25th anniversary is next year, I feel with how they have done in the past they will do something special to celebrate.

The Spider-man console, while maybe not in the $$$ department, I feel will remain more relevant than the 500 million one as time goes on cause Spider-man is pretty much one of the biggest, and to some THE biggest comic book character of all time. Plus only the top section is glossy and also red so even if it does gain a scratch or two they wont be nearly as noticeable as they would be on the 500 million unit.

I’m the exact same way, I try to take care of my consoles but glossy finishes make it hard to. I still can’t get over scratching up my Wii U when cleaning it with a brand new Swiffer duster.... I’m definitely going to leave the clear plastic on my Spidey Pro if it comes on it.
I live in AZ and have carpet, dust seems to flock to my electronics. I am a neat freak and regardless of doing a thorough cleaning once or twice a week they still days later are right back to the condition they were in before. I just know within a week or two my 500 million unit would look terrible regardless if I touched it or not. People underestimate the power of dust and what happens when you attempt to wipe it away. Its like a thousand tiny needles leaving their mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back