2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spider-Man for me personally. The 100% glossy finish on the 500 million unit and controller just killed my hype for it entirely. I feel most people are only going into overdrive concerning the system cause it has a limited number attached to it. If it was a normal release that was just another sku with no limited quantity I doubt you would be seeing so many people lose sleep. Plus playstations 25th anniversary is next year, I feel with how they have done in the past they will do something special to celebrate.

The Spider-man console, while maybe not in the $$$ department, I feel will remain more relevant than the 500 million one as time goes on cause Spider-man is pretty much one of the biggest, and to some THE biggest comic book character of all time. Plus only the top section is glossy and also red so even if it does gain a scratch or two they wont be nearly as noticeable as they would be on the 500 million unit.
Another issue is the controller being glossy makes it slippery, I had the Vader one and it was so slick. The spidey one is the regular finish.

Just how limited are these gonna be? Prettty much gone online everywhere within hours? A day? Until Tuesday? Wish I got paid already damn it

For everyone concerned about surface scratches and swirls this stuff applied by hand will bring your smooth plastics to a mirror finish. I used it regularly on my PS3 and the piano black trim in my CTS-V. It takes some work hand buffing it but it’s safer than using the drill attachment.

[attachment=30773:1DE10E16-512D-49B2-9C27-9A37B87680EF.png]

For everyone concerned about surface scratches and swirls this stuff applied by hand will bring your smooth plastics to a mirror finish. I used it regularly on my PS3 and the piano black trim in my CTS-V. It takes some work hand buffing it but it’s safer than using the drill attachment.

attachicon.gif
1DE10E16-512D-49B2-9C27-9A37B87680EF.png
This seems next-level OCD for something like this.

Everyone is rushing out to get one because it looks cool in stock photos until they get home and set it up in their enetertainment centers and realize oh crap that looks incredibly stupid!
I occasionally like my electronics to stand out from the normal black they usually come in so I'm looking forward to it for that reason. That or I'll be filled with buyer's remorse every time I look at the huge red block lol

Everyone is rushing out to get one because it looks cool in stock photos until they get home and set it up in their enetertainment centers and realize oh crap that looks incredibly stupid!
I preordered min as soon as I could. It’ll be mounted to my wall in a vertical orientation. I might even build a custom frame to make it look like a print instead of a game system.

I've seen it in some regular pics on Twitter...it actually looks better than it does in the stock photos. For now, It'll be tucked away in my black entertainment center where it can barely be seen, but my real reason for wanting it is to hopefully have it stand out in my game room in the future. Well that and the fact I'm a huge Spidey fan in general.

...or turning trade credit into even more in cash when reselling a few months down the line...

I live in AZ and have carpet, dust seems to flock to my electronics. I am a neat freak and regardless of doing a thorough cleaning once or twice a week they still days later are right back to the condition they were in before. I just know within a week or two my 500 million unit would look terrible regardless if I touched it or not. People underestimate the power of dust and what happens when you attempt to wipe it away. Its like a thousand tiny needles leaving their mark.
Just sold my God of War Pro, pretty dusty (remodeling house/old house plus cats/kids). I used electronics wipes not a scratch or hint of dust on it when I shipped it. Plus it was laying flat and pretty sure a cat or two slept on it. Same thing with my Star wars PS4 and like 3 xbox systems. My house is really bad, like Money Pit bad.

So does it have a better fit than the original with the VR unit? I've got the V2 and the in ear headphones are cool but I prefer the over the ear design.
Yeah, the newer Gold Headsets are designed with the PSVR in mind. I've been meaning to upgrade mine for a while now. Do we know when the translucent blue headset will be available? I assume tomorrow with the system, hoping I can snag one and a controller tomorrow.

Spider Man or 500 Million edition PS4 Pro? Tough decision.
I am getting the Spider-Man system, but I think the 500 million edition looks better and it will certainly be more valuable.

I think the Spider-Man PS4 Pro looks fugly and will stick out like a sore thumb in your entertainment hub.
My wife is only letting me put it in my Game Room. I moved my black PS4 Pro into the living room last night for preparation. But now the black Pro is hooked up to a nicer 4K TV with HDR and the Spider-Man Pro will be on a 4K TV without HDR.

Just a heads up to anyone partaking in the 5 dollar preorder bonus trade in deal.  Watchdogs on the One doesn't work.  It's at least 2 dollars tiv, but it didn't activate when I traded it in.  Are there any other games like this?

Yeah, the newer Gold Headsets are designed with the PSVR in mind. I've been meaning to upgrade mine for a while now. Do we know when the translucent blue headset will be available? I assume tomorrow with the system, hoping I can snag one and a controller tomorrow.

I think they said the headset will be available in early September, just found this though: https://www.target.com/p/playstation-4-gold-500-million-limited-edition-wireless-headset/-/A-53955042?clkid=4242bef1Ne735f28614feca447b6ae61a&lnm=81938&afid=i4ullc&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002

This $5 extra is not even a good deal and yet you people flock to it and then spend the rest of your time hating on GS....
Gets rid of games that I or no one else wants and puts it towards reducing the price in something I want so yeah I will take it.

This $5 extra is not even a good deal and yet you people flock to it and then spend the rest of your time hating on GS....

It's a great deal if you know what to trade in :)

Gets rid of games that I or no one else wants and puts it towards reducing the price in something I want so yeah I will take it.
Well said by both Rudybegga and DoubleDam21. I figured I might as well trade in the games I don't want or play towards the one that I do want. I traded in most of my PS4 and XB1 games for the extra $5 plus some PS3 and 360 games to put towards pre-orders. Got 6 games and 3 Funko Pops paid in full so far.

I’m sure this has been answered before but if I preorder something in store can I pay it off in full immediately that way and be done with it? I know online orders don’t charge until shipped and I’m trying to find out specifically if I can preorder in store and pay with gift cards and have them charged right away. I don’t like the idea of funds sitting in a gift card for months.

I’m sure this has been answered before but if I preorder something in store can I pay it off in full immediately that way and be done with it? I know online orders don’t charge until shipped and I’m trying to find out specifically if I can preorder in store and pay with gift cards and have them charged right away. I don’t like the idea of funds sitting in a gift card for months.
Yes. You still only have 48 hours to pick up though.

The only spare current gen game I even want to trade in is Deus Ex, and it's only valued at 1.50...sucks.
YMMV, maybe try it and see what happens. I traded CoD:AW for XB1 the other day and it's valued $1.80 with Elite ($1.50 base). The system still allowed the extra $5 for it even though it was under the $2 minimum. It was at my regular store and I'm cool with everybody there if that makes a difference.

The only spare current gen game I even want to trade in is Deus Ex, and it's only valued at 1.50...sucks.
The amount of $1.50 games I have is infuriating. I had not checked prices in a while but GS had to have dropped many titles down below $2 before this promo just so they didn't have to give the extra $5 bonus.

Got an email today regarding a sale from halfpricebooks website. Not sure what kind of gaming stuff they have online, but thought I'd just put it out there if anyone's interested.

$10 off $50 code :10BITE

$20 off $75 code :20BITE

$30 off $100 code: 30BITE
We've got a dedicated HPB thread actually, probably a couple pages back atm though

I was in GameStop today and starting tomorrow (8/24) they’ll have Buy 2 get 1 on preowned Wii U games
Thanks for the headsup. Mine has a nice copy of New Super Luigi Bros U I want, I'm not usre if I can find two other WiiU games though.

I just traded in an original XBox 1 and a 1 S for the 1 X. I'm not going to open it for now. Wondering, if i get in on the pre-order for the 500Million PS4 if I could basically do a swap. Or I may swap for the Scorpio edition of the 1X. Just wondering how to do that with killing their numbers at my local store.

I was in GameStop today and starting tomorrow (8/24) they’ll have Buy 2 get 1 on preowned Wii U games
Just my luck I'm almost done with my collecting for the system. Maybe this will be the kick in the pants I need to finally buy Color Splash lol.

Edit: I could always pick up smash and splatoon so I have physicals since I bought the BF Wii U. Hope others get something more out of it than I :)

So is tonight only for pre ordering the 500M PS4, no one actually goes home with it tonight? Are stores expected to get brick and mortar stock (whether pre orders or lineup) or is it online/shipping only?

It is IMHO one of the best looking limited edition systems ever , and Sony who used to be great at it lately had just been putting the equivalent of sticker decals of brand logos on them and now gets a tasteful one, complete with everything matching even the camera.

The 20th anniversary was truly limited at under 13,000. This one is supposed to be 50K+, so maybe like Project Scorpio and the fact that they’re asking way to much for an underperforming system means you’ll be able to find one on clearance for $350 six months from now on Woot or something

So is tonight only for pre ordering the 500M PS4, no one actually goes home with it tonight? Are stores expected to get brick and mortar stock (whether pre orders or lineup) or is it online/shipping only?

It is IMHO one of the best looking limited edition systems ever , and Sony who used to be great at it lately had just been putting the equivalent of sticker decals of brand logos on them and now gets a tasteful one, complete with everything matching even the camera.

The 20th anniversary was truly limited at under 13,000. This one is supposed to be 50K+, so maybe like Project Scorpio and the fact that they’re asking way to much for an underperforming system means you’ll be able to find one on clearance for $350 six months from now on Woot or something
Online only, doubt these will ever be on clearance ever though. PS4 may not have the power of the X, the games are what people want. Meanwhile Xbox is making custom consoles for BFV.

Looking back in console history, a ps2 phat was transparent in Japan. Also, see the PS4 slim gold or white or whatever limited edition and it never goes to clearance. I think the slim gold was $250.
Sorry if I’m wrong, but does anyone heard of a limited edition console going on clearance or below retail price when released?

As for what Xbox one x. Yes it’s powerful, but raw power isn’t everything. Look at the Wii days that overpower Xbox and Ps3. Ps3 had rough starting, but came back. I don’t like some of the moves Sony made like no cross play, but they do have some nice exclusives. I like Nintendo for innovation taking risk. I like Microsoft ultra media hub. Sony for making exclusives and was blu Ray player. Power isn’t everything as shown in this generation which is why Sony leading so far..... hoping Microsoft come back with purchase of game studios. This is not a fanboy, but just like games. So enjoy what each experience provides.

Good luck to anyone trying to grab this or the Spider-Man console.

can a gamestop employee chime in on this question....

I plan to do a major home improvement project that will cost over 20K.... I can get gamestop giftcards online for 5% discount... Would GS have any problem buying Homedepot giftcards with the Gamestop Giftcards? On top of the 5% savings, I will also get gs points.

Will this impact the gameadvisor's COL rating and thus denying me the purchase.

I don't intend to buy all 20K Homedepot giftcards same day, but gradually 1k each day over a period of a few weeks.... 

Thanks.

can a gamestop employee chime in on this question....

I plan to do a major home improvement project that will cost over 20K.... I can get gamestop giftcards online for 5% discount... Would GS have any problem buying Homedepot giftcards with the Gamestop Giftcards? On top of the 5% savings, I will also get gs points.

Will this impact the gameadvisor's COL rating and thus denying me the purchase.

I don't intend to buy all 20K Homedepot giftcards same day, but gradually 1k each day over a period of a few weeks....

Thanks.
I think there's a $500 GC limit per transaction. Not sure if that much over a short period of time would flag LP or not.

I think there's a $500 GC limit per transaction. Not sure if that much over a short period of time would flag LP or not.
That shouldn't be a problem as I have 5 gamestop within 10mile radius. I just have to hit up different store $500 at a time....

but will this fuck with the gamedvisor's COL, b/c i'm pretty sure if it does, no ones wants to ring up an empty transaction w/ no pre-order/use games/prp, etc....

That shouldn't be a problem as I have 5 gamestop within 10mile radius. I just have to hit up different store $500 at a time....

but will this fuck with the gamedvisor's COL, b/c i'm pretty sure if it does, no ones wants to ring up an empty transaction w/ no pre-order/use games/prp, etc....
I mean it hurts their percentages since there aren't any of what you mentioned but it's not the end of the world. Almost 100% sure that amount of spending would flag your account to LP though. Either that or the employees might be like wtf and refuse to sell to you. A local store did that to one guy I know who was buying Ebay gcs to buy gs gcs.

Love how it went live an hour before it was supposed to. Sold out in minutes. Even the $700+ bundle. Best BUy went up around 1:15 Eastern and was sold out in seconds also.

Love how it went live an hour before it was supposed to. Sold out in minutes. Even the $700+ bundle. Best BUy went up around 1:15 Eastern and was sold out in seconds also.
My friend got one GameStop. Best Buy wouldn’t let me add to cart. It was 2 minutes before it changed to sold out

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back