2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:

So I'll be trading my OG PS4 w/ the $50 bonus coupon today. Has anyone gotten a refurbished fee just because the console has scratches on the top?

How much getting for it with the $50 coupon

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
$195 in credit for an OG 500GB PS4.

I got the Spiderman PS4 Pro coming in the mail this Monday so I'll do a return/rebuy and use that credit.

So I'll be trading my OG PS4 w/ the $50 bonus coupon today. Has anyone gotten a refurbished fee just because the console has scratches on the top?
They tried to throw a $50 refurb on my days of play special Edition because it has some scuffs on the top. No thanks. eBay can have it.

I just wanted to make everyone in the thread aware I called a local gamestop (extremely chill associates there) and asked if I’d be able to get the $25 trade boost along with using my $50 coupon from the 500 million PS4 pro and she looked in her system and confirmed to me there were no issues where it would deny it and I pressed the question a few times just to be sure and she said it will work. So when my Spider-Man pro arrives tomorrow I’ll be heading there to hopefully get the $325 credit assuming the value doesn’t drop.

I just wanted to make everyone in the thread aware I called a local gamestop (extremely chill associates there) and asked if I’d be able to get the $25 trade boost along with using my $50 coupon from the 500 million PS4 pro and she looked in her system and confirmed to me there were no issues where it would deny it and I pressed the question a few times just to be sure and she said it will work. So when my Spider-Man pro arrives tomorrow I’ll be heading there to hopefully get the $325 credit assuming the value doesn’t drop.
I traded a switch in ($190 Tiv) and it was $215 because of the $25 bonus, once they entered the $50 code I ended up getting $240. The computer will take off the $25.

I traded a switch in ($190 Tiv) and it was $215 because of the $25 bonus, once they entered the $50 code I ended up getting $240. The computer will take off the $25.
Interesting. Hopefully they’ll do an override. They’re unbelievably cool at this location... especially for a gamestop with how most of their employees can be.

Interesting. Hopefully they’ll do an override. They’re unbelievably cool at this location... especially for a gamestop with how most of their employees can be.
Terms for the $25 states that it cant be combined with any other offer. When I originally bought my first pro during black friday the manager gave me the $50 promo GC even though that was supposed to only go with the slim. Maybe you get lucky.

Before I trade in my PS4, is there anything else I should be backing up? All my saved files for games are on the PS+ Cloud storage, can't think of anything else.

I got lucky today. Found the last remaining Spider-Man PS4 Pro locally. Traded my launch 500GB PS4 for $195. The $25 would not stack, but still a great deal.

So, I havent traded into a Gamestop in years, but have some old PS4 games and want to play Spider-Man.

Do trade in deals change on Sundays? I'm hoping for one of those "trade this many games this this percentage more" deals.

So, I havent traded into a Gamestop in years, but have some old PS4 games and want to play Spider-Man.

Do trade in deals change on Sundays? I'm hoping for one of those "trade this many games this this percentage more" deals.
They usually change/get added on Mondays or Wednesdays. Based on the current trade offers, there will probably be some new things on 9/12 or 9/17.

so, i know certificates can be used in store for psn/xbox credit, but can the online certificates also be used the same way? and if so why do they still charge 11,500 points for $10 in credit directly?

so, i know certificates can be used in store for psn/xbox credit, but can the online certificates also be used the same way? and if so why do they still charge 11,500 points for $10 in credit directly?
Wait, really? We can use in-store certificates to purchase Xbox currency in-store?

Sorry that I don't have an answer for your question.

That 20% off 2 or more pre-owned games when picking up a system works for new systems and across platforms. Bought FFXV for PS4 and Yoku's Island Express for Switch when picking up my PS4 Pro.

As for the FFXV, I paid $9.59 w/elite. I realized when I got home that he gave me the Royal Edition disc. And I was just getting over having missed the $20 digital Royal Edition on both PSN and Xbox.

That 20% off 2 or more pre-owned games when picking up a system works for new systems and across platforms. Bought FFXV for PS4 and Yoku's Island Express for Switch when picking up my PS4 Pro.

As for the FFXV, I paid $9.59 w/elite. I realized when I got home that he gave me the Royal Edition disc. And I was just getting over having missed the $20 digital Royal Edition on both PSN and Xbox.
From my understanding, the Royal Edition version of FFXV included a voucher code for the extra expansions & dlc content that arrived post-launch. Hence, the actual disc is the same vanilla base game as the original release version.

Does anyone know when 20% off 2 or more pre-owned games ends? Thanks
The weekly ad states promo is valid from Sept 5th thru 11th.

There’s a Spider-Man PS4 Pro bundle at Fry’s outside Portland Oregon (not sure what the city is called). Just one single one from what I saw on the shelf.

Is there a pro day coming up? If I recall, last year there was one during September

Got an email mentioning they now take in PS2 games, but show no trade vales. I remember they showed a few starting with "A" when you typed in "ps2" as mentioned here about a week or so ago, but removed it.

I’m just waiting on the next cool PS4 exclusive pro bundle. And nah not the kingdom hearts one. Seems like I’d have to wait a while..

I’m just waiting on the next cool PS4 exclusive pro bundle. And nah not the kingdom hearts one. Seems like I’d have to wait a while..
Days Gone might get one. I have my doubts about it being really good though. Besides that, The Last of Us 2 will almost definitely get one, but they’ll probably release late 2019.

Got an email mentioning they now take in PS2 games, but show no trade vales. I remember they showed a few starting with "A" when you typed in "ps2" as mentioned here about a week or so ago, but removed it.
I noticed that too. They even provide a link in the email to check values and there's nothing there - what a marketing fail (coming from someone who works in marketing).

I'm wondering if it's the same list of games that I posted back on page 125 of this thread (from July). Those documents I scanned only had the selling price listed though.

I plan on using an older controller and wired for a black phantom tomorrow. Any deals that would help on top of the bonus bump?

why cant i find a spider man ps4 pro at gamestop??? :(
Have you been asking them if they had any preorders that haven’t been picked up yet? I got one that way today. The store manager said there were a lot that hadn’t been picked up in our district but the district manager said for them to only release them if someone specifically asked to buy someone else’s preorder.

Have you been asking them if they had any preorders that haven’t been picked up yet? I got one that way today. The store manager said there were a lot that hadn’t been picked up in our district but the district manager said for them to only release them if someone specifically asked to buy someone else’s preorder.
yes i have. i live in a big city so everyone got money to pick them up

yes i have. i live in a big city so everyone got money to pick them up
Sorry friend. If you do manage to find one, I suggest using a different controller. A friend of mine who is a neat freak, keeps his hands washed and never eats while playing had his analog sticks turn yellowish already. It seems the oil from your skin will react with the white rubber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back