2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well my controller for my Pro apparently required a refurb, but the guy let me just grab a use one which only dinged me for like 23.

He did let me use the coupon twice for my Xbox One as well. So I figure the saved hassle, stress, and gas costs of going to another store was worth the slight ding

How do you create a barcode from the coupon code mentioned above? I read earlier that you needed an android phone to do it.
I have no clue if this works. I generated it with a online program.

2qivi2h.jpg

Anyone keeping their XB1S for the 4k UHD player or are there now cheaper versions on the market for $250 or less?

It will be a hassle for me to get to a GameStop today...still have to clear the data on my XB1 and I have no idea how long that will take...

Anyone keeping their XB1S for the 4k UHD player or are there now cheaper versions on the market for $250 or less?

It will be a hassle for me to get to a GameStop today...still have to clear the data on my XB1 and I have no idea how long that will take...
I just got a LG UP970 4k player on clearance for $100 at best buy, seems to be sold out now though.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-up970-4k-ultra-hd-3d-wi-fi-built-in-blu-ray-player-black/5733516.p?skuId=5733516&ref=17&loc=11&CampaignID=924917&SubscriberID=16023342

Worked for me, dumped my OG PS4 and got the code to work, got hit with a $40 buck refurb fee because the  :whistle2:  young woman behind the counter who I'll be referring to by a another name elsewhere  :whistle2: told me it was making a noise (I'm going with it being the fact that the old PS4 sounds like a jet engine in general but whatever, I wanted to be rid of it.) So thanks for the heads up, was able to pick up a new system and save more than I anticipated.

anybody going to trade multiple consoles with the coupon? on the switch, what accessories is required?
Do separate transactions likely at different stores.

What’s the situation with trading in a Switch? You lose save progress, do you also lose all your purchases, DLC, etc.?

I’m planning on trading only to buy the special edition one when it comes out. So besides saves what do you risk losing and how do you prepare the system for trade? (Like deactivating primary PS3/PS4...)

I would do this but cloud saves aren’t a thing yet...
So it's more work but you could definitely buy a new switch, do a system transfer, trade in the old switch then do a return/ re buy of the new switch with credit. A little bit of leg work but if you really want a new switch and keep your saves it's an option.

Do separate transactions likely at different stores.

What’s the situation with trading in a Switch? You lose save progress, do you also lose all your purchases, DLC, etc.?

I’m planning on trading only to buy the special edition one when it comes out. So besides saves what do you risk losing and how do you prepare the system for trade? (Like deactivating primary PS3/PS4...)
Just save data your purchases are tied to your account, if you get/have another switch just sign in re-download purchases.

Games
The only 1080p games that got a trade boost are:
Madden 19- $40
Crew 2, Detroit, NMS (XB1 only,) Persona 5, & R6S- all $30 each

The first party Nintendo lineup (not + Rabbids, Fire Emblem Warriors, or Captain Toad) are all either $35 or $40 each.

Systems
Switch $250
OG PS4 $200
PS4 Slim $210 or $225
PS4 Pro $300
XB1 Black VCR $150
XB1 game branded VCR $160
XB1S $175, $190, $200
XB1X $325

Just got $200 credit for my original xb1. I used the barcode version of the code posted earlier and it didn't take. Once I told him the code, it worked fine. Now to decide if I want to trade in my original ps4 and deal with the hassle of swapping out the harddrive.

On a web in store preorder (Smash Ultimate) do I get the PUR points when it ships or when I did the purchase? Seems kinda low amount of points on the transaction since I had like $200 in trade plus the web preorder of the CE on the same transaction.

Just got $200 credit for my original xb1. I used the barcode version of the code posted earlier and it didn't take. Once I told him the code, it worked fine. Now to decide if I want to trade in my original ps4 and deal with the hassle of swapping out the harddrive.
Thanks for the confirmation.

Games
The only 1080p games that got a trade boost are:
Madden 19- $40
Crew 2, Detroit, NMS (XB1 only,) Persona 5, & R6S- all $30 each

The first party Nintendo lineup (not + Rabbids) are all either $35 or $40 each.

Systems
Switch $250
OG PS4 $200
PS4 Slim $210 or $225
PS4 Pro $300
XB1 Black VCR $150
XB1 game branded VCR $160
XB1S $175, $190, $200
XB1X $325
Part of me is tempted to get rid of some first-party Nintendo Switch games, but I know I will inevitably just rebuy them again.

No issues with the coupon trading my x1x. Luckily the nicest employee was there that never questions me about anything because her managers are annoying

Went back to my store to burn a bit of my credit (I felt really weird sitting on $500+) and there was a couple of others instore trading consoles as well. Not sure if they used the coupon as well, but I would be surprised if they dont start cracking down on it after today or even before today ends

Went back to my store to burn a bit of my credit (I felt really weird sitting on $500+) and there was a couple of others instore trading consoles as well. Not sure if they used the coupon as well, but I would be surprised if they dont start cracking down on it after today or even before today ends
I wouldnt worry about that. They are probably just taking advantage of the regular promo.

Going in later to trade in og ps4 and games, should I use the $50 coupon? Is there actually a chance they could ban me for it?

If they had a ps4 pro instock I would just do the $25 promo but nobody has them in stock.

It won't work. I'm pretty sure someone here posted trying the $50 coupon after already buying an XB1, and the $25 bonus was removed in favor of the $50 from the coupon.
This is correct. I just finished upgrading to a new switch. The extra 50 coupon replaced the extra 25 for getting a new switch in the same transaction.

It took 15 minutes or so to update the new system and then do two account transfers.

Don’t forget to remove any game card and SD card from your old system.

^what state do you guys live in? I'm in California, I'm assuming it's just another trade in issue because of that.

What do you need exactly to do a switch trade in btw? I'm hoping it's okay to wipe the memory beforehand as well.

^what state do you guys live in? I'm in California, I'm assuming it's just another trade in issue because of that.

What do you need exactly to do a switch trade in btw? I'm hoping it's okay to wipe the memory beforehand as well.
Switch, dock, AC adapter, joy cons, grip, HDMI, joy con straps.

Success as many have reported.  Traded in my red/blue switch ($250 base) and PS4 slim ($225 base), used the $50 code twice (had them type it in) in nearby separate locations.  Used my B2G1 on switch titles (to boomerang later), picked up my Tomb Raider preorder and still walked away with a few hundred in GC credit.  A good day.  Glad I waited.  I can't imagine Pro/Prestige days will be much better and if so, it won't be by much.

Might consider the Pokémon Switch but might not due to no physical game.  Would be a no brainer if it was the physical cartridge (no interest in playing Pokémon).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back