2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I nearly skipped the Spidey Pro because the red looked so gaudy in all the pics and videos I saw, but in the flesh I *love* it. If possible, I would see one in person before making the final call.
Do you or anybody else know how store-to-store orders work? Think I’m gonna get it. Never done one, but have read about people doing it here.

hope your controller is fine. i got hit with a $40 refurb fee bc my controller's joy stick rubbers were a little worn out.
Every store I know checks underneath thumbstick covers and will refurb regardless.
A $40 refurb fee seems excessive for worn stick rubbers when they still work, but not surprised GS would do that. I feel like they should just let you keep the controller at that point. When I traded my worn one with covers, mine weren't super snug, so I was afraid the guy would hit me with those fees too after checking underneath. He only did the controller test though and received full tiv.

I am salty for not going in last night to trade madden for 44$ now its down to 27.50$ any change pro/prestige day will bump it up again?

Do you or anybody else know how store-to-store orders work? Think I’m gonna get it. Never done one, but have read about people doing it here.
My "home" store is in Pittsburg, KS, and the next closest store is a half hour away in Joplin, so the only store to store orders I've seen usually involved one of the Joplin employees driving something up to Pittsburg or vice versa.

The store you’re ordering to has to call the store you’re ordering from and ask them to send it. If the store with the item agrees to send it then you wait a few days for the store you’re buying from to call and tell you it’s there. If you’re lucky some unknowing employee at that store won’t sell your items to someone else.

The store you’re ordering to has to call the store you’re ordering from and ask them to send it. If the store with the item agrees to send it then you wait a few days for the store you’re buying from to call and tell you it’s there. If you’re lucky some unknowing employee at that store won’t sell your items to someone else.
Agreed, it's by no means guaranteed. It's really a manual process and relies on the two people who agreed to the shipment to follow through. I've had mixed results but eventually got the item.

It's the newer model (CUH-7115B) the gamestop white models (I have one) were the first to be this revision. It's like night and day compared to my launch pro. I have to put my ears to the vents to hear the fan. Definitely worth the upgrade.
So is all the bugs worked out?
Anyone know if they would make a pro dlim model? Wish they included a 4k Blu Ray drive. What were they thinking?

Yesterday during a trade the associate told me the pro shortage was because Sony got complaints about a few dozen pros being faulty nationwide and decided to hold back stock until they could fix whatever the issue is. Said Sony is redoing to internal system and is planning on releasing an updated model soon. No clue if true just fyi

I was able to get $300 for my Switch console - thank you again to those that posted the coupon :) Now to see what the Pro day deals will be!
I wanted to sell mine too...but the look on my kids' face would have been total hurt and confusion...lol. they both under 7 years old so...yeah.

Yesterday during a trade the associate told me the pro shortage was because Sony got complaints about a few dozen pros being faulty nationwide and decided to hold back stock until they could fix whatever the issue is. Said Sony is redoing to internal system and is planning on releasing an updated model soon. No clue if true just fyi
A store manager said all GameStop store managers are getting a free Spiderman PS4 pro.

Hope they update the pro into a slim with 4k drive

Hmm, yeah the store I went to today pretty much told me the other store wouldn’t ship it to them since the other store would be able to just sell it to whomever and save the cost of shipping...

Is it weird I want it even more now that I can’t have it. Went from not wanting it, to sorta wanting it, to actually wanting it. I blame it on playing Spider-Man 2 the other day for like half an hour and realizing the nostalgia glasses made the game seem a lot better than it actually is.

Is it worth trading in my orginal xbox one to upgrade to a xbox one s?
XB1 VCR is as unreliable as OG PS1 & PS2, & if the power brick ever goes bad you’re screwed as MS discontinued making them just like they did with the S/X Kinect adapter (and the 3rd party ones out there are varying degrees of crap.)

So is all the bugs worked out?
Anyone know if they would make a pro dlim model? Wish they included a 4k Blu Ray drive. What were they thinking?
To note the only units with the quieter fan are the GS White model from February, the 500M special edition, & Spider-Man. GoW Pro is a standard Pro. In case it matters, they do run noticeably hotter.

To note the only units with the quieter fan are the GS White model from February, the 500M special edition, & Spider-Man. GoW Pro is a standard Pro. In case it matters, they do run noticeably hotter.
If that's the case then I'd better sell my GoW console. Thanks for the heads up.

The god of war pro is one of the new 71xx models which is the new pro. Link saying otherwise?

Pro Day stuff are now on the website (price not live yet), but the landing page shows the items on sale.

https://www.gamestop.com/collection/proday
Prices appear to be live for me. Hilarious that persona 5 is $30 days after trading in for $30

Might have to get dead cells for switch.

Is this all the games on sale? It said "sneak peak". So I'm unsure. I was hoping to see far cry 5 or We Happy Few. (The latter is very doubtful)

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

What I find kinda awesome is 5,000 additional points for preordering, not sure how itll work but hell it's basically $5 off

Looks like I bought waaaayyy too many copies of shadow of mordor last time lol. Probably never gonna be able to flip it.

Kinda want Agony, but at $20 and with BF 2 months away I think I should wait

Actually it’s $25. Anyways Pro day doesn’t look good to me at all considering you can get the majority of these cheaper at Amazon/BB. Oh well didn’t expect much anyways.
No, it's $30 - the link to the print ad is showing May's Pro Day ad.

I think it's gonna be Dead Cells & The Surge for me. Also, in store it's going to be b1g2 on all clearance collectables (I got a peak at the ad earlier today).

What I find kinda awesome is 5,000 additional points for preordering, not sure how itll work but hell it's basically $5 off
Kinda sucks since I already have a lot of those preordered. I wonder if cancelling and repreordering would add the bonus. Will probably be doing that if so.

“GET 30% EXTRA TRADE CREDIT FOR GAMES AND ACCESSORIES”

“GET 30% OFF PRE-OWNED GAMES AND ACCESSORIES”

I assume that 50% total additional trade credit for elite members.

And wow 30% off pre-owned? Is that store-wide?

Sorry to be a debbie downer ... it will only be 10% bonus added to whatever membership you carry. (In other words, 30% max for Elite Pro members.)

Nope, fine print says 30% for elite and 20% for pro so really just an extra 10%.

Looks like no dead cells switch for me. No stores in my area have it.

Nope, fine print says 30% for elite and 20% for pro so really just an extra 10%.
Looks like no dead cells switch for me. No stores in my area have it.
Not that I don’t believe you, but could you point to where exactly it says that? It probably is too good to be true, but just from skimming the disclaimers, nothing jumps out as that being the case. You’re probably right regardless.

Also, it says “30% extra” and not “up to 30% extra” like you’d think it would say if it were just 10% on top of Elite and Pro. Why are the wordings are these always so ambiguous lol.

Infinity gauntlet for $60 since it’s a collectible/toy
I’m a sucker with trade credit so if that’s the case I’m in

Not that I don’t believe you, but could you point to where exactly it says that? It probably is too good to be true, but just from skimming the disclaimers, nothing jumps out as that being the case. You’re probably right regardless.

Also, it says “30% extra” and not “up to 30% extra” like you’d think it would say if it were just 10% on top of Elite and Pro.
6c2834ed27fa8cf466ee1bb408e61d7e.jpg

Fine print on the bottom

Also, it says “30% extra” and not “up to 30% extra” like you’d think it would say if it were just 10% on top of Elite and Pro. Why are the wordings are these always so ambiguous lol.
It says directly in the black banner on the last line in small fine print.

Seeing the discounts for the Pro Day Sale, I gotta say I am not disappointed.
They are exactly as meh as I expected.
I don't know why I keep getting excited about the Pro Day Sales.
The special pricing is nothing but a combination of what can be found at other places and promos they have already run in just the last few weeks.
At least they have not broken their streak of me not buying anything on these sales because I do not see a deal that is even worthy of me going to the store, let alone actually buy something because it is an awesome deal.
It is really bad when being disappointed is not a disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back