2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda sucks since I already have a lot of those preordered. I wonder if cancelling and repreordering would add the bonus. Will probably be doing that if so.
Is it really that much of a pain? Well guess I could always "rent" it from there and see how I feel first. Anyways, I'm planning on canceling and then redoing my preorders 15,000 points here I come!

Biggest highlight for me is Elite Pro's get 30% off pre-owned. Would love to find a copy of 2K19 for $42 but that'll be tough.

Edit:
Math off - I believe it'd be $38.50

Kinda sucks since I already have a lot of those preordered. I wonder if cancelling and repreordering would add the bonus. Will probably be doing that if so.
I'll be doing this too, but I really hope it gives you the bonus on these games if you had it preordered before Pro Day, because I have the CE of AC:Odyssey preordered for the PS4 & it looks like that's sold out now...

I didn't realize they killed off elite. Are they completely blocked from renewing? My elite is due to expire in a couple weeks. What a bummer

If I remember correctly, the last Pro Day had Shadow of War for $10. If you made a purchase on Pro Day, GS ended up giving a trade bonus via Active Offers ( cant remember if it was a 50% extra or not), which was not advertised. This makes me want to at least make a purchase in hopes of a similar unadvertised offer.

No, it's $30 - the link to the print ad is showing May's Pro Day ad.
WOW I feel dumb thanks for correcting me.

Anyways after looking at the correct ad I still don't see too much other than it does intrigue me to see if the 30% stacks with the 3 for $25.

It looks like the 30% off pre-owned will stack with the 3 for $25(14.99) offer. Since the elite 20% brought it down to $20. I'd expect it to be 3 for $17.5 if you are elite and go in on pro day.

That promo has been running for a while now, so pickings might be slim.

Also noticed that you can get a new copy of rainbow size siege for $25. Didn't they just have a $30 trade in promo for that game?

It looks like the 30% off pre-owned will stack with the 3 for $25(14.99) offer. Since the elite 20% brought it down to $20. I'd expect it to be 3 for $17.5 if you are elite and go in on pro day.

That promo has been running for a while now, so pickings might be slim.

Also noticed that you can get a new copy of rainbow size siege for $25. Didn't they just have a $30 trade in promo for that game?
Yeah, pulled in $36 with Elite Pro a few days ago.

If I remember correctly, the last Pro Day had Shadow of War for $10. If you made a purchase on Pro Day, GS ended up giving a trade bonus via Active Offers ( cant remember if it was a 50% extra or not), which was not advertised. This makes me want to at least make a purchase in hopes of a similar unadvertised offer.
They gave a B2G1 coupon.

That’s what it was, thank you. I know it was worth the purchase, so I’ll probably do The Surge or Dead Cells for PS4 in case they do something similar.
Now I am confused because they had a sale when HZD dropped in price and I got a coupon in my active offers (50% or the B2G1 coupon).

Is Pro Day the day where you can't use certificates? I remember trying to use certs on one of these days and it coming off the regular price not the sale price. 

From the pdf flyer. Return rebuy for people who bought a PS4 Slim on Wednesday could get PSN+ for $39.99.

257ddfb.jpg

33atbmo.jpg

$275 TIV (PS4 Slim/OG) if you use the $50 bonus trade in coupon.

2qivi2h.jpg

Damn I waited a couple days too long to trade Odyssey and Splatoon 2.. they dropped from almost $90 in credit to $60 :|

Oh thank god, ive been ready to upgrade my oh ps4 for a pro for a bit. Damm thing sounds like a plane taking off when I run most games.

Oh thank god, ive been ready to upgrade my oh ps4 for a pro for a bit. Damm thing sounds like a plane taking off when I run most games.
Good luck. A friend of mine wanted to do the same thing, but the only store that had a Pro in stock around us was over an hour away.

From the pdf flyer. Return rebuy for people who bought a PS4 Slim on Wednesday could get PSN+ for $39.99.

257ddfb.jpg

33atbmo.jpg

$275 TIV (PS4 Slim/OG) if you use the $50 bonus trade in coupon.

2qivi2h.jpg
If you all have a ton of credit to play around with... Prestige day (rumored for the following week) opens up some big possibilities with return and/or rebuys of these console trade deals... towards pre-owned B2G1 stuff.

If you all have a ton of credit to play around with... Prestige day (rumored for the following week) opens up some big possibilities with return and/or rebuys of these console trade deals... towards pre-owned B2G1 stuff.
I keep getting excited about prestige day but I just looked for stores and there's now only one prestige store within 100 miles of me. 😭

There are a few solid deals amongst this pro day sale upcoming. I would say the best choices are

Burnout Remastered $15

AC Origins $25

Injustice 2: Legendary Edition $30

So if I'm reading this right, assuming that $50 code will work, you could potentially trade in a Xbone S for a new 1TB model and break even after the $50 gift card and trading back in the included game. Might be worth it just to get another year warranty.

So the pdf says the 5k points for pre-orders will be awarded upon pickup. Time to re-order some pre-orders I have paid off already lol

There are a few solid deals amongst this pro day sale upcoming. I would say the best choices are

Burnout Remastered $15

AC Origins $25

Injustice 2: Legendary Edition $30
Injustice 2 Legendary needs to be $20 for me to pick it up again, but not a bad price.

I think Dead Cells for $20 or $25 is a great deal though. Overwatch for $25 is also solid.

I should pick up a couple of those netflix cards with bonus $10 GS gift card... if it actually works in the POS this time around.

[quote name="Agent Zero" post="14052633" timestamp="1536931591"]

From the pdf flyer:

What is this one day early access for pro members that they speak of? Does that mean I can trade in and sale prices are live today or is it tomorrow only? Confused 🤷‍♂️ . Will call gs now.

[quote name="Agent Zero" post="14052633" timestamp="1536931591"]

From the pdf flyer:

What is this one day early access for pro members that they speak of? Does that mean I can trade in and sale prices are live today or is it tomorrow only? Confused ‍♂ . Will call gs now.
I would guess that it is going to be a trade deal offered all of next week? The small print says it is only active 9/15.

I would guess that it is going to be a trade deal offered all of next week? The small print says it is only active 9/15.
I just called and associate said it’s one day sale tomorrow only, but he didn’t have the pdf in front of him. If anyone hears otherwise please let us know.

placed an order last night to re-purchase the games I traded in during video game day and it processed fine.  I used my tic to buy them and got a shipment notification today with tracking number.  I did 2-day shipping but apparently it's not arriving until 9/20? And then I got another notification a couple minutes later saying that they could not process my order due to payment issue... Yet it still shows as shipped. They also took the 200-ish off the trade card too...

This is the sh** that does not make me feel bad to abuse tf out of them during their promos.

Looking at God of war but at this point I may just hold off until black Friday

For those looking for PS4 Pro’s, was told when picking up preorders that corporate is prioritizing stores with lawayay’s on the Pro so if you want one put it on lawayay & that store will be sent a Pro to fulfill the lawayay.

Sadly doesn’t help anyone for tomorrow, but something to consider if you need one in the next week or so.

A little confused on the trade in deal. In the big print it says the values are good toward a new PS4 or Xbox One but the fine print says “any” PS4 or Xbox One. Can I buy a preowned PS4 and get the bonus credit on a trade in? On the section about trades toward the Switch it mentions the word New in the big print and fine print which is what makes me think preowned systems are fine for the Xbox/PS4 deal. If anyone knows or can clarify please let me know!

A little confused on the trade in deal. In the big print it says the values are good toward a new PS4 or Xbox One but the fine print says “any” PS4 or Xbox One. Can I buy a preowned PS4 and get the bonus credit on a trade in? On the section about trades toward the Switch it mentions the word New in the big print and fine print which is what makes me think preowned systems are fine for the Xbox/PS4 deal. If anyone knows or can clarify please let me know!
It says "any" because there are different models of these consoles.... they rarely (if ever) do a trade boost towards used consoles, and if they do, it would be explicitly stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back