2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
It says "any" because there are different models of these consoles.... they rarely (if ever) do a trade boost towards used consoles, and if they do, it would be explicitly stated.
Yeah, I guess that makes sense, but you’d think they would put “any new” in the fine print in that case. They were sure to include the word new in the switch fine print. I’m gonna try to get them to honor it since it clearly doesn’t say new in the fine print but I probably won’t have any luck. Worth a shot though.

So if I'm reading this right, assuming that $50 code will work, you could potentially trade in a Xbone S for a new 1TB model and break even after the $50 gift card and trading back in the included game. Might be worth it just to get another year warranty.
Not quite breaking even because the game description says it's the digital version. So $328 after tax (CA) minus $50 giftcard is $278. With the promo and $50 trade in bonus code you could get $250 for your current S. So then it's $28 for the digital version of 2k19...no thanks. Unless you really want that new warranty, not worth it IMO.

Ah, good catch on it being digital. Although you could still resell the code online and break even. I guess another option is to get the sea of thieves bundle. That one has a physical copy and that game would trade in for $26 with elite pro tomorrow.

Yeah earlier this year they were giving $175 for the VCR XB1...traded that in for the SOT Bundle and traded SOT back in for $42.50 since it's free on gamepass (and they keep "giving it away" with these sales for $1/month).  But there was a lot of confusion whether SOT was physical or digital...better double check that they kept it physical.  I know some bundles started out physical but were digital towards the end of production. 

The ad is a bit confusing but if my friend have a xbox one 1tb advance warface edition, how much does he get if he trade it toward xbox one x.  If my math is right, if i trade it toward x i got 150 normally and 175 if I use the $50 can be ban coupon?

Yeah earlier this year they were giving $175 for the VCR XB1...traded that in for the SOT Bundle and traded SOT back in for $42.50 since it's free on gamepass (and they keep "giving it away" with these sales for $1/month). But there was a lot of confusion whether SOT was physical or digital...better double check that they kept it physical. I know some bundles started out physical but were digital towards the end of production.
I was told once that Xbox One bundled in games will always be physical copies at GS for the simple fact they want them to be traded back in at some point to sale as used. Don’t know if this the case now but pretty sure at some point it was the case.

I was told once that Xbox One bundled in games will always be physical copies at GS for the simple fact they want them to be traded back in at some point to sale as used. Don’t know if this the case now but pretty sure at some point it was the case.
def not true for those minecraft bundles...

If I am reading things right. Are these deals live today for Pro Members? I am hoping that is the case so I can just swing by the store on my way home from work. 

If I am reading things right. Are these deals live today for Pro Members? I am hoping that is the case so I can just swing by the store on my way home from work.
You are not reading things right. It is an "epic one-day event." If anything, the wording is alluding to the switch trade offer being continued into next week. Only pros can get these discounts. Why would they open it to the same exact group of people a day early, defeating the purpose of a one-day event?

You are not reading things right. It is an "epic one-day event." If anything, the wording is alluding to the switch trade offer being continued into next week. Only pros can get these discounts. Why would they open it to the same exact group of people a day early, defeating the purpose of a one-day event?
You are answering a lot of newbie questions by people who aren't even newbies. I appreciate your vigor, but let them figure it out for themselves or the questions will just keep coming. GameStop runs their promotions almost exactly the same way every time, so there's no reason for the same questions to keep popping up. This thread goes to seed every Pro or Prestige Day.

I don't recall seeing a points bonus for pre-ordering games in the past but I've only been using GS for about 2ish years now.  Would the 5000 bonus points be credited the next day/week as with other bonuses (like double points, for example) or would it credit on pick up of the pre-ordered game? I have 4 games on the list pre-ordered already so I'm thinking about cancelling them all today and re-doing them tomorrow but still would like to plan my points.

I have an odd question...

Does anyone how consoles that are exchanged under the GS replacement plan ring up in the system (separate return and rebuy)? I was going to take my XBone One X back under the replacement plan since it is malfunctioning, and was wondering if I waited until tomorrow if it would count as a "purchase" and qualify for the $50 gift card?

I don't recall seeing a points bonus for pre-ordering games in the past but I've only been using GS for about 2ish years now. Would the 5000 bonus points be credited the next day/week as with other bonuses (like double points, for example) or would it credit on pick up of the pre-ordered game? I have 4 games on the list pre-ordered already so I'm thinking about cancelling them all today and re-doing them tomorrow but still would like to plan my points.
Points are credited when the game is picked up.

I have an odd question...
Does anyone how consoles that are exchanged under the GS replacement plan ring up in the system (separate return and rebuy)? I was going to take my XBone One X back under the replacement plan since it is malfunctioning, and was wondering if I waited until tomorrow if it would count as a "purchase" and qualify for the $50 gift card?
They usually replace it with whatever the equivalent is to what you bought. If your x1x was new and is busted they'll refund it and give you a new one as an even exchange. It should theoretically give you the gc too, just depends on how big a duck the mod wants to be.

You are answering a lot of newbie questions by people who aren't even newbies. I appreciate your vigor, but let them figure it out for themselves or the questions will just keep coming. GameStop runs their promotions almost exactly the same way every time, so there's no reason for the same questions to keep popping up. This thread goes to seed every Pro or Prestige Day.
I assume I’m one of the “newbies” you’re referring to as he replied to one of my questions.

“There’s no reason for the same questions to be popping up”. Well, except there is, because not everyone participates in every single one of Gamestop’s deals and Pro day sales, and even if we have in the past, some of these deals can and do change from time to time, despite your insistence that they’re run “almost exactly the same way every time”. Furthermore, do you really expect people to hunt through dead threads and posts trying to find the last pro day deal on the chance that it might have the information they’re inquiring about? That makes no sense. Especially when my question had to do with the specific wording of a deal as compared to another deal on the flyer for tomorrow’s Pro day.

I personally appreciate oldcasio’s reply and want to thank him for answering other’s questions as well. You simply can’t expect that everyone is going to keep up on every detail of every deal Gamestop offers. I thought this place was about sharing deals and tips for how to maximize your savings, not to “let them figure it out for themselves”. If you don’t want to be helpful, that’s fine, but why try to stop the people that are?

They usually replace it with whatever the equivalent is to what you bought. If your x1x was new and is busted they'll refund it and give you a new one as an even exchange. It should theoretically give you the gc too, just depends on how big a duck the mod wants to be.
Thanks for the reply.

I'm not worried about an employee trying to screw me over as the people at my GS are very helpful (I told them that I was going to need to get mine exchanged (Project Scorpio Edition), and that they were showing available online, so they ordered one in for me). I'll hold off until tomorrow to see how it goes, I just wasn't sure if the POS would auto-prompt them to add the gift card.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not worried about an employee trying to screw me over as the people at my GS are very helpful (I told them that I was going to need to get mine exchanged (Project Scorpio Edition), and that they were showing available online, so they ordered one in for me). I'll hold off until tomorrow to see how it goes, I just wasn't sure if the POS would auto-prompt them to add the gift card.
I think you'll have to ask them to swipe a $50 GS card. It's worth a shot.

I am hoping a used DQXI, Yakuza Kiwami 2, MHGU, or Shadow of the Tomb Raider pops up before October 14th so I can use my extra 20% off coupon.
Would that be the September birthday coupon? Any idea if that stacks with the bonus 10% off tomorrow on Pro day? 40% off a game (20% coupon, 10% pro membership, 10% Pro day) would be really nice.

Depends on the bundle. You can always tell on the side of the box that lists the contents whether it’s physical or digital game.

But yes GS as far as I know is the only retailer that still gets some amount of bundles with physical games.

Thanks for the reply.
Usually in these situations I just ask for the item I expect to be free without asking them if it's free, then if the POS makes it free I roll with it, if not then I ask or say I change my mind.

LPPanther said:
I thought this place was about sharing deals and tips for how to maximize your savings, not to “let them figure it out for themselves”. If you don’t want to be helpful, that’s fine, but why try to stop the people that are?
Take your virtue signaling BS somewhere else. The same stupid questions get answered over and over again, and Pro Day sales are quite literally set up the same pretty much every time they’re ran. The biggest departure I’ve seen was that one time they had coupons they handed out when you traded something in or purchased something.

If left to their own devices, they’ll either figure it out or they won’t. Again, it’s not like most the questions that are asked on a daily basis haven’t already been answered, and generally can be found by doing a minimal amount of legwork.

can PUR certificates be used for pro day tomorrow? i wanna pick up a pre owned nba 2k19
Just to piggyback on this question - there's no reason why they wouldn't take a PUR cert off of a "new" game that's on sale? Or it that some fine-print jargon that I missed?

Just to piggyback on this question - there's no reason why they wouldn't take a PUR cert off of a "new" game that's on sale? Or it that some fine-print jargon that I missed?
It might be weird because Pro day sales aren't price changes in the POS (like other price promos,) but actually discounts activated by the Pro member status. I've never tried myself.

It might be weird because Pro day sales aren't price changes in the POS (like other price promos,) but actually discounts activated by the Pro member status. I've never tried myself.
Yeah, I can't recall myself. Looking to pick up Diablo and FO4 for around $40 total, if I can use a $10 cert. That puts them in the range of what I was hoping to pay for them, digital or otherwise. Guess it's worth a shot.

sorry if this is old but Yoku Island express got converted to pre-owned on xbox one and probably other consoles, every store near me now shows up with a copy, elite pro for 16 made it worth it to me

So the trade in value of games will drop and then the 30% will be add to the dropped price from tomorrow? Ain't that the same then?

sorry if this is old but Yoku Island express got converted to pre-owned on xbox one and probably other consoles, every store near me now shows up with a copy, elite pro for 16 made it worth it to me
Great game. If I hadn't got it on sale on the eShop I would jump on this.

Take your virtue signaling BS somewhere else. The same stupid questions get answered over and over again, and Pro Day sales are quite literally set up the same pretty much every time they’re ran. The biggest departure I’ve seen was that one time they had coupons they handed out when you traded something in or purchased something.

If left to their own devices, they’ll either figure it out or they won’t. Again, it’s not like most the questions that are asked on a daily basis haven’t already been answered, and generally can be found by doing a minimal amount of legwork.
I don’t even know what “virtue signaling” is but okay. I’m sure there are tons of repetitive questions out there that can easily be found through a quick search, sure. But what I take issue with is essentially being called out directly (“newbies who aren’t newbies”, referring to my 12 year old account with very few posts), and assuming I’m too dumb or lazy to search. Explain how exactly I search for clarification on fine print for an ad that just came out today, which is surely not the exact same deal as the last pro day. And I don’t understand the “they’ll figure it out or they won’t” comment. Duh. The point is, this is a discussion forum for the discussion of deals and saving money. If people are asking legitimate questions about a deal that clearly isn’t something that can be searched for, I really don’t see what the issue is. And on top of all that, again, it’s okay if you personally don’t want to answer people’s questions, but if other people are willing to, that really shouldn’t bother you.

Is it worth getting the Spider-Man ps4 pro if I hate the red color? I wouldn’t have asked prior to a couple days ago, but what with the unexpected PS4 Pro shortage, all of a sudden I’m a little more open to it. That and it’s a pretty good deal since you get Spider-Man and the DLC. I think I can have a local store order one from another store for me.
Not to be petty, but you literally asked if you should buy a system despite hating the color. And you're yelling at people asking legitimate questions?

I don't see Azure Striker Gunvolt for the Switch physical version. I only see digital download. Did GS remove the physical version?

As someone mentioned earlier trade values for some select PS2 games went live in the GS app. Strange you can only pull this up through the GS app and not the website, so I wonder if stores pos is even set up for ps2 trades. Only reason I wonder is that I have a lot of the titles on the app and I'd trade em all in on PRo day for the 20% boost.

There's some very decent deals on headsets for pro day, just in time too as mine recently broke.

Easy solution. Don’t read the thread if it annoys you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back