2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would that be the September birthday coupon? Any idea if that stacks with the bonus 10% off tomorrow on Pro day? 40% off a game (20% coupon, 10% pro membership, 10% Pro day) would be really nice.
It would be! Late to responding with Pro Day over now, but for future reference, the employee at one of the stores I stopped at this weekend did say that the coupon would stack. Unfortunately, I didn't use mine since I couldn't find any of the games I need used at Gamestop, I did manage to find a used copy of Shadow of the Tomb Raider Steelbook Edition for $40 at a local store next to one of the Gamestops though and picked that up.

Found a copy of spider man used, only one in my city. Used my 20% off birthday coupon and 10% off pro and got it for $43 with tax. Not a bad deal. I imagine Black Friday, at best, will be $30-$40

Found a copy of spider man used, only one in my city. Used my 20% off birthday coupon and 10% off pro and got it for $43 with tax. Not a bad deal. I imagine Black Friday, at best, will be $30-$40
If you have a prestige store, you could have done a return/rebuy on Saturday to utilize the prestige day discount and B2G1 without using the B-day coupon. I guess you still could do a return/rebuy, but the coupon discount might make things weird.

If you have a prestige store, you could have done a return/rebuy on Saturday to utilize the prestige day discount and B2G1 without using the B-day coupon. I guess you still could do a return/rebuy, but the coupon discount might make things weird.
Do we have proof that this Saturday is definitely a Prestige Day or is it still a rumor? Also, I thought Prestige Day only had B2G1 + 10% trade-in bonus with no additional discount unlike Pro Day.

Do we have proof that this Saturday is definitely a Prestige Day or is it still a rumor? Also, I thought Prestige Day only had B2G1 + 10% trade-in bonus with no additional discount unlike Pro Day.
Called a prestige store near me and they confirmed prestige day is this Saturday the 22nd. Could not give me anymore details, so not sure what the deals are. All the past ones have had b2g1 and extra 10% trade so that's what should be expected.

I just scored my used Spider Man. 39 bucks for a basically new game is pretty good. Traded in a few things too.

And to answer my own question, I was able to use a 10 dollar PUR certificate on a PSN card. So you can do that now.
Really enjoying Spider-man so far. It’s the first game in awhile where I’m looking forward to playing it again. Well worth the $38!

Anybody not have their points from 9/12? I traded in 4 systems, 1 XBS and 3 Switches at 3 different stores and only got points for 1 trade.

meh. I’m okay with the price i paid

That is exactly what I did for Pro Day.
Spiderman -ps4
Octopath Traveler - Switch
Monster Hunter Generations - Switch
Had to buy from 2 different places.
Return/rebuy
30% for elite
Buy 2 get 1 Free
I walked out feelin' awesome!

BTW - What is Prestige Day?

That is exactly what I did for Pro Day.
Spiderman -ps4
Octopath Traveler - Switch
Monster Hunter Generations - Switch
Had to buy from 2 different places.
Return/rebuy
30% for elite
Buy 2 get 1 Free
I walked out feelin' awesome!

BTW - What is Prestige Day?
Certain well-performing Gamestop Stores are upgraded to Prestige. These stores have a special prestige day sale where you get things like B2G1 and 10% whenever you shop at only those stores. Just to clarify, this only applies to stores labeled "Prestige". The one back at home had a sign on the door that said it was, and some people had luck using GS's store locator or Google maps to identify prestige stores

As I glance towards the giant laundry case full of PS2 games I can't help but think this might be the time to get rid of some of this Garage Sale effluvia I have been lugging around for 10 years.

So does anyone know if trading in a Xbox One S towards a Switch does it matter if it's 500Gb instead of 1Tb or 2Tb?
The promo doesn't mention anything in the fine print.

Don't know if this has been posted before but this vita game plus a few others were converted from new to used recently

https://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/psychedelica-of-the-black-butterfly/159808

We noticed when the copy we purchased had the bonus cards still sealed in it. Gamestop guy mentioned it was probably converted. So be sure to check some random collectors editions of vita games if you see them.

-

Also I wish we had that quest thing around the east coast, I'd probably finish most of the "quests" just with my normal trade credit purchases.

If anyone ends up with an extra code or sees them on the east coast please share.

Edit: North east specifically.

No, everything. It’s why I hate always being broke in the months that line up with it. You can do consoles, and if the manager is a nice guy, iPads and phones ordered from “online” in store.

My app is showing 25% extra trade in credit for hardware. 9/17/18-10/17/18. I’m guessing this won’t stack with the switch deal, but who knows. It’s a good time to clean house. I sure hope that isn’t the only boost we’ll get this week, though.

Went to Gamestop to trade in my Xbox and they weren't open. Decided to call while in the parking lot. Turns out they can't get the safe open which means they won't open till they have a guy come fix it. Damn you!

My app is showing 25% extra trade in credit for hardware. 9/17/18-10/17/18. I’m guessing this won’t stack with the switch deal, but who knows. It’s a good time to clean house. I sure hope that isn’t the only boost we’ll get this week, though.
What qualifies as hardware these days? I have the Skyrim PSVR set that I want to dump

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back