2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just out of curiosity. What is everyones best guess for the Xbox one S price during Black Friday? Mine is acting strange all of a sudden so I'm trying to exercise patience.
The usual $189 - 199 with either a free game or a $50 gift card.

There might be a wild card retailer who will probably sell it a little bit cheaper

Sorry for all the questions. How much does Microsoft charge to fix an Xbox One S?
Send in a note along with it and demand an immediate replacement due to RROD.... :360: :lol:

lol.. kidding aside, would probably be cheaper to replace now then repair, esp with BF sales coming soon.

Was thinking about pulling the trigger and trading my 1tb xb1 s for x but this deal smokes that one. I'll sell my xbox one s locally instead.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Xbox-One-X-NBA-2K19-1TB-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-4-Extra-Xbox-Controller/123389324965?hash=item1cba93aea5:g:j4UAAOSwqcJbvhWB:rk:18:pf:0 $470 out the door
Ships from Georgia... yeah depending upon how badly that area is hit from the hurricane coming through that won't be getting shipped out anytime soon.

Just curious, has anyone had luck getting a gift receipt or returning the Xbox One X bought with this trade in promo for full credit? No idea how this works, but I just wish they were offering this deal on a bundle

Same question as Dark Rider, I wasn’t sure how a return would work because of the game code.
It seems like no one has any idea on here or SD. I’m tempted to call GameStop and ask about their return policy if “my friend doesn’t like his gift”, but usually the employees don’t have any idea what going on either.

if the game code is printed on the receipt then it shouldn't be a problem. associates usually overlook it.

if the code is a voucher in the box then you're okay as long as the box hasn't been opened.

Just out of curiosity. What is everyones best guess for the Xbox one S price during Black Friday? Mine is acting strange all of a sudden so I'm trying to exercise patience.
I have a feeling Microsoft is going to get aggressive this Holiday season. I am thinking we will see Xbox One S consoles between $150-$199 depending on retailer and what they throw in with them. I am personally hoping to see some good deals on the One X. I've got an OG Xbox One and have been looking to upgrade, but don't want to spend a ton of money when Forza Horizon 4 is the only exclusive I care about playing right now.

I have a feeling Microsoft is going to get aggressive this Holiday season. I am thinking we will see Xbox One S consoles between $150-$199 depending on retailer and what they throw in with them. I am personally hoping to see some good deals on the One X. I've got an OG Xbox One and have been looking to upgrade, but don't want to spend a ton of money when Forza Horizon 4 is the only exclusive I care about playing right now.
If you can, I would have someone you know do the trade in offer on their account for the Xbox One X near the end of the promo time frame, say 10/28. Tell them to get a gift receipt. That gives you a 30 day window, which covers Black Friday, to return the Xbox One X (unopened of course) towards whatever deal they have for Black Friday or Cyber Monday. This also gets you State of Decay 2.

FYI the $100 digital deluxe COD BLOPS4 code is just a $100 giftcard (Xbox)
i remember there was an advantage to this in previous years which worked our for me since i just wanted cheap xbox credit. do you remember what it was? some sort of trade-in promo toward the digital version of COD or the item was simply discounted.

Stupid question but which is more accurate the website or app? I ask because the website says they have certain games in stock while the app does not.

Don't forget you will be charged tax also on xbox so make sure you get the extra $10 currency card if you don't have payment set up.
I didnt get charged tax. Who's been robbing you?

[
eeb68a44-d21b-4c14-bc6b-921b8c5a7312.png

I did the X1X trade in today, was just too good of a deal to pass up.  I had thought about looking for other deals online but meh, I can drive five minutes and do this and have it all done and don't have to deal with eBay or Craigslist or FB.  Plus, I don't even think I'd get close to $250 if I sold locally so I'm sure it all evened out in the end.  What I should have done though is drove up to DE, no sales tax.  Hmm, actually, wonder if I should do that tomorrow and just return and buy.

One x's are gonna be 350-400 while the one s will be 200-250 this black Friday. How do I know this? It's just a marketing guess lol.

Ps4 pros will probably hit 300 while the ps4 will hit 200-250 mark like Xbox one s.

I didnt get charged tax. Who's been robbing you?

[
eeb68a44-d21b-4c14-bc6b-921b8c5a7312.png
Just depends on state, most charge sales tax. Washington does and hell even gamestop trade credit gets taxed when buying something. I get away with not paying psn sales tax by not using credit card and listing oregon as residence.

Just depends on state, most charge sales tax. Washington does and hell even gamestop trade credit gets taxed when buying something. I get away with not paying psn sales tax by not using credit card and listing oregon as residence.
No tax on trade credit purchases here too

I don't see why not. I got the white One-S last year for $169.99 with free shipping and no tax.

I wouldn't be too surprised if the x1s was $150, without any games. Maybe a doorbuster only sort of thing, but iirc it's been $199 for the past couple years (at least the past 2 years), if not cheaper. PS4 slim will probably top out at $199, though they don't have to go as low as Microsoft on pricing, so maybe $179 w/out any games (based off previous years, though that was for the 500gb slim model, which I think they replaced with 1tb models altogether).

I believe it’s a 50% off promo going on atm. Was 75% off this past Saturday, but think that was a glitch. No clue when it ends.
Online was a mistake i guess, but i got an order in. Apparently a couple stores in minnesota had 75% off in store. I think it was monticello and the mall of america location. They are 50/50 stores apparently. All others are 50% off of clearance.

I know using trade credit at gamestop.com is a crap shoot.  Is it ok to buy XBox Live credit at www.gamestop.com with a GS GC or should I go into the store?

I don't see why not. I got the white One-S last year for $169.99 with free shipping and no tax.
That's part of why I think they will hit $150 this year. MS has to be aggressive since they really don't have any exclusives to sell the system outside Forza this year.

I think the One X will get at the very least a bundle and/or a $50 price cut for the Holidays. The PS4 Pro, on the other hand, I don't think we will see discounts on since they are having a hard time keeping up with the demand now and don't seem to have any problems selling them at $400. MS, on the other hand, is having a hard time selling the One X at $500.

Those of you who did the trade in towards the Xbox one x... Anyone try to return and have them exchange for a bundle or put towards a fallout bundle. Price is the same so wondering if we can do an exchange.

Does any one know if God of War has been cheaper than $54.99 used?  I have a secondary elite account that expires on 11/10 so I will miss all of the black Friday deals.  I have 52,000 points that I need to use and I am trying to get Spider Man and God of War as cheap as possible from this.  My current plan is to use a 25 and a 15 cert and get Spider Man since I am almost positive that won't be reduced in the next month and then hold out as long as possible for God of War hoping that might be reduced and use another 25 cert on that.  I figure those games will have decent enough trade in values down the road that I can trade them back in on my main elite account to recover the majority of the extra money I pay for the games up front.  Is this the best approach or is there a different way that I should be using the points?  Thanks   

Does any one know if God of War has been cheaper than $54.99 used? I have a secondary elite account that expires on 11/10 so I will miss all of the black Friday deals. I have 52,000 points that I need to use and I am trying to get Spider Man and God of War as cheap as possible from this. My current plan is to use a 25 and a 15 cert and get Spider Man since I am almost positive that won't be reduced in the next month and then hold out as long as possible for God of War hoping that might be reduced and use another 25 cert on that. I figure those games will have decent enough trade in values down the road that I can trade them back in on my main elite account to recover the majority of the extra money I pay for the games up front. Is this the best approach or is there a different way that I should be using the points? Thanks
GoW is almost certainly going to be a $30-40 game on BF. Spiderman, might not. I'd wait for BF for GoW since you waited this long.

Does any one know if God of War has been cheaper than $54.99 used? I have a secondary elite account that expires on 11/10 so I will miss all of the black Friday deals. I have 52,000 points that I need to use and I am trying to get Spider Man and God of War as cheap as possible from this. My current plan is to use a 25 and a 15 cert and get Spider Man since I am almost positive that won't be reduced in the next month and then hold out as long as possible for God of War hoping that might be reduced and use another 25 cert on that. I figure those games will have decent enough trade in values down the road that I can trade them back in on my main elite account to recover the majority of the extra money I pay for the games up front. Is this the best approach or is there a different way that I should be using the points? Thanks
You could use your points to renew your account to pro. You'll get a buy 2 get 1 free coupon for renewing.

GoW is almost certainly going to be a $30-40 game on BF. Spiderman, might not. I'd wait for BF for GoW since you waited this long.
It is not a matter of being impatient, it is that account is not going to be elite at that time and I am not even going to renew it to Pro. Maybe buying new certificates and waiting for Black Friday would be the better option though.

You could use your points to renew your account to pro. You'll get a buy 2 get 1 free coupon for renewing.
I have thought about that but I don't have a lot of gaming time and I know by time I get around to all three games I will be able to find them cheaper. This would have the bonus of leaving that account as Pro which I originally didn't plan to do but might come in handy down the road.

It is not a matter of being impatient, it is that account is not going to be elite at that time and I am not even going to renew it to Pro. Maybe buying new certificates and waiting for Black Friday would be the better option though.
You can get it for $37 if you buy online with Elite and use the promotional code associated with this website.

If GOW New is $39.99 on BF you would have to spend 40K points ($25 for 25K and $15 for 15K).  Plus tax depending on your location.  If it is cheaper you would end up with a GC either can't use or would lose money on.

GOW is $43.99 used now with Elite.  ($25 for 20K and $15 for 12K).  So 32K in points for $40 plus $3.99 out of pocket plus however tax works in your location.

8K points less for used now assuming $39.99 on BF.  Which is worth about $7.50 to $10 depending on how/what you use it for.  

I also like the other posters idea of renewing Pro and doing buy 2 get 1.   Since you want two games that might be the best deal.  

For the small difference either way I would probably just spend the points now and play the games now if I was jones to play them.

One thing to keep in mind is that Black Friday sale pricing might work against coupon redemptions--I recall one year where I tried to purchase something on sale for $20 that had been discounted from $40 and I wanted to use a $10 coupon. However, when scanned, the coupon took $10 off the $40 MSRP then the price lowered to $20 due to the Black Friday "promo" price, wasting the coupon.

You can add certs onto that purchase and use the promotional code?
The pre-owned certs are for In-Store use only. I just tried it and couldn't use it online with and without the promotional code added. The fine print reads in-store... sorry I just realized that you wanted to use your points.

If GOW New is $39.99 on BF you would have to spend 40K points ($25 for 25K and $15 for 15K). Plus tax depending on your location. If it is cheaper you would end up with a GC either can't use or would lose money on.

GOW is $43.99 used now with Elite. ($25 for 20K and $15 for 12K). So 32K in points for $40 plus $3.99 out of pocket plus however tax works in your location.
I think certs act as coupons, so you get the elite 20% off discount after the coupons, so it would cost 44K points to pay for $55 pre-elite discount.

If we use your example you'd have $55 - $25 - $15 = $15 balance. Then $15 * 0.8 = $12 + tax out of pocket. So $12 + tax plus 32K points.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think certs act as coupons, so you get the elite 20% off discount after the coupons, so it would cost 44K points to pay for $55 pre-elite discount.

If we use your example you'd have $55 - $25 - $15 = $15 balance. Then $15 * 0.8 = $12 + tax out of pocket. So $12 + tax plus 32K points.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
That's been my experience with the pre-owned certs. They are taken off BEFORE the Pro or Elite 10%/20%. It frustrates me because it feels like wasted certs.

Amazing how many loop holes or gotchas they have. Half dozen people trying to figure out the best use of his points. I am still not sure the right way to do it.

I can never remember all the rules and GS math. Glad some people here set me straight.

I always seem to forget something when trying to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back