2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really hope we get the $10 if we already pre ordered. Haven’t fully paid it off yet but maybe fully paying it off on the 26th would get me the $10?

Anyone have a screenshot of the $10 email? I actually havent gotten one but for $10 I'll wait a day to pick it up

10 Rewards Cash! :
PowerUp Rewards Pro Members who purchase Red Dead Redemption 2 at GameStop are eligible for $10 Rewards Cash! PowerUp Player members are eligible for $5 Rewards Cash.

*While Supplies Last. Valid through 11/1/2018.
PowerUp Rewards Pro members are eligible for $10 Rewards Cash, Player members are eligible for $5 Rewards Cash when the games shown are purchased in-store between the dates listed for each game. Coupons will be delivered to member's Active Offers within 7 business days of the purchase. Limit 3 per person per game. GameStop, Inc reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

FYI, midnight launch is on 10/25 so don’t be surprised if this will not apply unless you wait til Friday
That sucks. They should be rewarding people who are going to the 9pm launch events! I'd like the money back for sure especially since I spend a lot of money at Gamestop, but I don't want to wait until Friday to pick up the game so.....

Do you guys just take the next day off or something, cuz it seems like downloading the update nullifies getting it early, or do you just not install day one patches and play anyways?

Hopefully the PS4 Pro console bundle counts because I'm getting that.
Me too. Would be especially nice for me since I did the trade in of my old launch PS4 Pro to get the new version, as I was planning on trading RDR2 with the bundle in for RDR2 for my XboxOneX. An extra two $10 certs would be sweet!

Do you guys just take the next day off or something, cuz it seems like downloading the update nullifies getting it early, or do you just not install day one patches and play anyways?
They released Black Ops 4 at 8 around here. After getting home and downloading/installing the game it was about 11pm. Got in a solid 3 hours of gaming that night. Had to double up on the coffee the next morning, but at least it was Friday.

I've considered taking Friday off, but I have quite a bit of work to do so I think I will just take a nap after work Thursday and go pick the game up and play it until I have to leave for work. I also have to go to a wedding on Saturday so I won't get to spend nearly as much time playing the game as I would like.

So where did someone see the red dead rewards didn't start till 10/26? I just see to buy it before 11/1.
In the email I got about it at the top there's an * by the purchase must be made by 11/1 then at the bottom it says:

Purchase of Red Dead Redemption 2 must occur between 10/26/18 and 11/1/18 in order to qualify for the bonus

Just looked at the website on the Red Dead Redemption 2 promotions page and it says:

Purchase of Red Dead Redemption 2 must occur between 10/16/18 and 11/1/18 in order to qualify for the bonus.

To me the 10/26 would make sense as far as timing between those two given dates but not giving it to people who pick it up early seems dumb. So who knows.

In the email I got about it at the top there's an * by the purchase must be made by 11/1 then at the bottom it says:

Purchase of Red Dead Redemption 2 must occur between 10/26/18 and 11/1/18 in order to qualify for the bonus

Just looked at the website on the Red Dead Redemption 2 promotions page and it says:

Purchase of Red Dead Redemption 2 must occur between 10/16/18 and 11/1/18 in order to qualify for the bonus.

To me the 10/26 would make sense as far as timing between those two given dates but not giving it to people who pick it up early seems dumb. So who knows.
If it just has to be between 10/16-11/1 then pre ordering it and fully paying it off before 11/1 should be good. If not, then that’s messed up

After getting neither the preorder bonus nor the trade-in coupon for paying off the pre-order and doing 9pm pickup for God of War, I don't want to test GameStop's technical prowess again. I'll wait til Friday

After getting neither the preorder bonus nor the trade-in coupon for paying off the pre-order and doing 9pm pickup for God of War, I don't want to test GameStop's technical prowess again. I'll wait til Friday
You could just pick up your preorder copy as planned on Thursday, go back after the 26th, buy another copy, keep it sealed, then return it with the original preorder receipt IF you don't get the bonus for preordering.

Also, what was the preorder bonus? I know if you bought it within a certain period, it was $40 (?) TIV guaranteed.

Does anyone know if gamestop will honor the $100 off an Xbox one x if I previously purchased the white fallout bundle? I haven't opened it yet and plan to pickup my red dead pre-order on Sunday. Not sure if they do things like return/rebuy

Does anyone know if gamestop will honor the $100 off an Xbox one x if I previously purchased the white fallout bundle? I haven't opened it yet and plan to pickup my red dead pre-order on Sunday. Not sure if they do things like return/rebuy
Would like to know too. I bought the fallout white console last week but never opened it... Stupid backlog. Hoping to take it tomorrow to exchange it for this deal as it should still be within return period.

Does anybody know if the console and game deal works in store or online only? I see the "bundles" are online only and every time I try to click see details, it just takes me to the purchase page.

I have the game reserved for in-store pick-up and I wanted to use points for the certificates.

I just saw a Gamestop facebook post on the Red Dead 2 deal. Valid 10/25-11/1 now, and the 10 coupon is only good until 11/17...
Of course, the coupon would expire before Black Friday. Sounds like we will get it on Thursday night though and I'll have no issue spending the $10 on something, maybe I'll buy one of the many Mega Man collectibles they have.

I have a question about stacking. I have an original xbox one and and xbox one s. Is it possible for me to trade both and use the Red Dead promo, essentially paying nothing out of pocket for a new Xbox One X?

I have a question about stacking. I have an original xbox one and and xbox one s. Is it possible for me to trade both and use the Red Dead promo, essentially paying nothing out of pocket for a new Xbox One X?
Yes, that should work. You'll probably pay around $20 and (the total sales tax, if applicable) to cover the rest of the cost of the game.

So today I traded in Fifa 19 PS4.  Instead of $30 trade value for Elite Pro members, I somehow scored $35.  It showed up as $5 extra promo on my receipt.  Nothing about that on Gamestop website, and the employees could not figure out what that was about.  I obviously loved the surprise but...  Does anyone have an idea about what it is?  I did not order Battlefield so it is not that.

So today I traded in Fifa 19 PS4. Instead of $30 trade value for Elite Pro members, I somehow scored $35. It showed up as $5 extra promo on my receipt. Nothing about that on Gamestop website, and the employees could not figure out what that was about. I obviously loved the surprise but... Does anyone have an idea about what it is? I did not order Battlefield so it is not that.
Guaranteed trade value of $30 until 10/28 then elite pro bumping it up from the base value of $25. 20% of $25 is $5 + guaranteed $30 base making it $35.

I traded in a couple Switch games last night and I also got a 5 dollar bonus on both. I thought the Switch promo ended already.

My local gamestop was agree to possible stacking on the Console trade in and RDR2 purchase specials pending what the cash register wants to do lol. We’ll see in a few days.

Trying to decide if I want to pick up some Switch games before my Elite runs out this weekend. I don't know when it changed, but I was able to combine my Elite 20% off with the CAG16 online, and free shipping. Makes a $54.99 used game $36.95+tax.

Picked up some games from 4 for $20 (really $16):

Dragon Age: Inquisition (CIB)
Lost Odyssey (4 discs in a sleeve...)
Alan Wake (CIB)
Super Mario Galaxy (CIB)

We haven't had a % bonus since elite pro was killed, the only one was a 10% bonus for pro day... They just want to keep pushing that $20 "trade in bonus" for games that already trade in for $20 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back