2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s been awhile since I have traded or shopped at GameStop. They are offering $175 credit for an Xbox one S and I never use mine. However I have no use for GameStop credit, can I use the credit to buy gift cards to other places? Like food, eBay, Steam, etc?
No to EBay, Gas, Amazon, or Visa cards, yes to everything else.

This whole pro day timing doesn't make any sense. It should be falling sometime in December not November. They must be making these bi-monthly instead of quarterly.
This week & next is dead for significant releases, plus two of the 4 big releases before Thanksgiving (Fallout 76 & BF V) are trending soft.

A note to everyone that got the RDR2 PS4 Pro bundle, make sure you check your paperwork for the 20% off code, is good until March 2019, with Black Friday coming up might be a good combination.
Sorry, what code is this? I can't find anything searching, googling, etc. Could be the thing to convince me to grab the bundle tomorrow.

Sorry, what code is this? I can't find anything searching, googling, etc. Could be the thing to convince me to grab the bundle tomorrow.
The Bundle came with a paper insert showcasing PSN and its services, also a 20% off code anything on PSN. Silmilar codes had come with past bundles (God of War comes to mind) unique code one time use

The Bundle came with a paper insert showcasing PSN and its services, also a 20% off code anything on PSN. Silmilar codes had come with past bundles (God of War comes to mind) unique code one time use
They are also in recent PSPro console boxes without the bundle as well. At least mine was.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

A note to everyone that got the RDR2 PS4 Pro bundle, make sure you check your paperwork for the 20% off code, is good until March 2019, with Black Friday coming up might be a good combination.
What's the exact date? 2/28/19? Or in March?
I ended up getting the RDR2 Pro bundle as well and the one I have says the code is good 'til 6/30/2019. (expand spoiler below)

My insert had some PS logo stickers stuck to it and was separate from the other bagged up paperwork. The code itself was on the bottom of the first page of the insert.

Pic of insert:
[attachment=31196:ps4 insert.jpg]

I ended up getting the RDR2 Pro bundle as well and the one I have says the code is good 'til 6/30/2019. (expand spoiler below)

My insert had some PS logo stickers stuck to it and was separate from the other bagged up paperwork. The code itself was on the bottom of the first page of the insert.

Pic of insert:
attachicon.gif
ps4 insert.jpg
Where's the code, I dont see it. ;-P

Looks like the extra three months for Spyro didn't mean shit, you still have to download the rest of the games.

Easy pass for me unless they decide to add the full games to discs later.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/29/activision-clarifies-spyro-reignited-trilogy-download-requirements
this may be the most blatant admission of shipping a game incomplete.

if they're only including a subset of levels on the disc then it's only fair we pay a subset of the retail price.

Can you tell me the expiration? Looks different from the one with Spider-man

Was able to use the RDR2 $10 coupon on a Xbox one digital code. Thursday is the last day to get the $10 code

...and yet ANOTHER week of no real trade promos. I think I’m just about done with GS at this point. They’ve obviously chosen to go in another direction.

I thought that collectors edition would be sold out everywhere already.. anywaystill tryin to find out what game I should use my $10 from RDR on

I had my eye on a Bioshock 10th anniversary statue waiting for a price drop.  Of course it disappeared a few weeks ago and is now on sale.  Boo....

What's the new item return policy? I want to get RDR2 but not sure ill be into it. Is it 7 days return no questions asked full refund or store credit? Is there a preferred retailer for full returns?

...and yet ANOTHER week of no real trade promos. I think I’m just about done with GS at this point. They’ve obviously chosen to go in another direction.
Yeah, I've got to admit that I'm wondering if I should just give up on them right now. Crappy sales and low TIVs are making me avoid them and just shop online. My Pro card expires in a couple months and I think I'll just skip it, since it's not really worth it right now.

Also makes me wonder if they have a crappy holiday season, that they'll close some stores. As it was obvious during the summer, there were issues when they put themselves up for sale.

Yeah, I've got to admit that I'm wondering if I should just give up on them right now. Crappy sales and low TIVs are making me avoid them and just shop online. My Pro card expires in a couple months and I think I'll just skip it, since it's not really worth it right now.

Also makes me wonder if they have a crappy holiday season, that they'll close some stores. As it was obvious during the summer, there were issues when they put themselves up for sale.
Yea, if they can actually get a private equity firm to buy them out, they'll get gutted for sure.

I feel like an idiot - I was holding onto a LOT of high TIV last gen games thanks to Family Video doing a major purge at most of their stores. I waited for a good trade promo, and had finally given up and was gonna trade them all last weekend, only for most of them to get cut in half or by 2/3 last Friday night.

They've all stayed relatively stable in terms of their place on the TIV list over the last couple of years, so I'm hoping they bounce back after the holidays. The corresponding Pre-Owned sales prices haven't dropped, so that has me holding out hope. I hate eBaying games, or for that matter anything without a sizable price tag. So much easier to trade them in.

I feel like an idiot - I was holding onto a LOT of high TIV last gen games thanks to Family Video doing a major purge at most of their stores. I waited for a good trade promo, and had finally given up and was gonna trade them all last weekend, only for most of them to get cut in half or by 2/3 last Friday night.

They've all stayed relatively stable in terms of their place on the TIV list over the last couple of years, so I'm hoping they bounce back after the holidays. The corresponding Pre-Owned sales prices haven't dropped, so that has me holding out hope. I hate eBaying games, or for that matter anything without a sizable price tag. So much easier to trade them in.
I was waiting, too. The problem is that the larger % amount bumps probably aren't coming back. So even the high TIV games aren't worth trading at their "max." What they are giving for first party Wii games is insane looking at the going rate on eBay. I'm not sure how much you put into those games, and eBay does suck at times, but it is usually worth the time to list higher value games.

I was waiting, too. The problem is that the larger % amount bumps probably aren't coming back. So even the high TIV games aren't worth trading at their "max." What they are giving for first party Wii games is insane looking at the going rate on eBay. I'm not sure how much you put into those games, and eBay does suck at times, but it is usually worth the time to list higher value games.
At this point I don't even care about promos, I just need the TIVs to go back to where they were six days ago. The first party Wii games I have may be the exception to my no eBay policy - those and NCAA Football 14 since it's in season.

Does that $10 coupon you get for buying RDR2 for on Digital credit like PSN?

I've bought things twice there for my kid since and forgot to use it and now I don't need anything lol

Does that $10 coupon you get for buying RDR2 for on Digital credit like PSN?

I've bought things twice there for my kid since and forgot to use it and now I don't need anything lol
I'm pretty sure it was confirmed earlier in this thread that, yes, it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back