2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing wrong with the slim, and Pro isn’t twice as good despite being twice as expensive. Took my $300+ TIV for the Pro and will likely get the Spidey Slim. If you only need a PS console to play PS exclusives or to play with PS friends it’ll do the job.

Nothing wrong with the slim, and Pro isn’t twice as good despite being twice as expensive. Took my $300+ TIV for the Pro and will likely get the Spidey Slim. If you only need a PS console to play PS exclusives or to play with PS friends it’ll do the job.
How’d you get $300?

if youre getting a ps4 i would definitely say get a slim because if they dont do backwards compatibility youll just be buying it to play a few ps4 games before next gen replaces it 

and also, if ps5 is backwards compatible, its highly likely that those games will end up playing at ps4 pro settings on the ps5.

Is your argument really that since you traded in 4 "used" copies of a hard to find in new condition game that it must not be hard to find? Where's the correlation? You make it sound like just b/c a game dropped in price at retail stores before it went OOP that it's not rare. Wonder what you think about Pokemon games, Bayonetta (Wii U, before the Switch announcement), or Rock Band Band in a Box (actually, any Rock Band).

I don't think you're thinking much when you decided to type that.

You are trying way too hard to be the smartest guy in the room....all you’ve succeeded at doing is being the thread’s annoying asswipe

How’d you get $300?
Months ago.

Since last years slim 500’s were $199 with Kohl’s cash back I’d figure it’d be similar this year, and even better they’re 1TBs with a pack in game. Wanted to unload my loud ass Pro anyway. I got the Xbox X so any PS4 I’d rebuy wouldn’t be my main system.

I can confirm by looking at the new Dollar General ad that the GameStop card deal definitely ended on 11/10. It's now been replaced with a different deal where you can save $5 on a $30 purchase or save $10 on a $50 purchase of restaurant cards including Applebee's, Chili's, Domino's, IHOP, Taco Bell, and Wendy's cards. So, in other words, it's good for carb loading before standing in line at GameStop on Black Friday...or making the possibility of a cardiac event that much more likely. That deal ends on 11/17.

Found a Spiderman PS4 CE just sitting on a shelf at my local GS.  Should I pick it up or does anyone think there might be a price drop this holiday season?  Got coupons to burn so was thinking that might be a good candidate.

My son has discovered Pokémon cards. Is the current 25% off for pro days about the best deal I will find this holiday season on them? I have lots of GS trade credit and would prefer to get him some cards there for as cheap as possible.
Last holiday season GS did a B1G2 free on collectables and some Pokemon boosters and boxes were included. Bought lots for my daughter. May keep an eye out in case they repeat it.

Well damn. I bought Firewall Zero the other day after hearing the decent reviews, but honestly, its not very good. Graphics are terrible, controls are bad, hit detecting is all over the place. Just didn't like it. Was hoping I could return it to gamestop since it was the "new" copy from the store shelves that they had already opened, but as I assumed, not going to happen. I still don't understand how they get away with that. 

Sorry if this has been asked but if I buy one of the games on sale today for store pickup and don't pick it up until tomorrow, I won't get the sale price, correct?

Thanks

Last holiday season GS did a B1G2 free on collectables and some Pokemon boosters and boxes were included. Bought lots for my daughter. May keep an eye out in case they repeat it.
Thanks for the info. I picked up a Pikachu/Evee pokeball set and a Pikachu pin set today. I’ll keep my eye out for this b1g2 deal if they have it again this year. I’m sure with him being 6 that many of them will get lost/destroyed.

anybody know if we can use rewards certs on pro day deals. Might go pick up injustice 2 legendary if I can take off the $10 from red dead.

anybody know if we can use rewards certs on pro day deals. Might go pick up injustice 2 legendary if I can take off the $10 from red dead.
You will have to get employees to override.

Certs are like cash so you should be able to spend as such. The employees can manually deduct the amount.

I also recommend only buying the one item at a time with certs since their computer shows it is redeemed but you’ll have to show them it doesn’t take it off.

You will have to get employees to override.

Certs are like cash so you should be able to spend as such. The employees can manually deduct the amount.

I also recommend only buying the one item at a time with certs since their computer shows it is redeemed but you’ll have to show them it doesn’t take it off.
Definitely YMMV for this. I went to get a new game on sale with my $10 cash cert from buying RDR2, but was shot down. I thought they might do the override for me, but one of them pulled out the ad to read the terms. I decided to just skip the game for now and just used the cert for a psn card.

Xbox One X is apparently dropping to $399 from 11/18 yo 11/26. Hopefully we get another trade promo for consoles before black Friday (as I bet they're gonna have x1s and PS4 slim for $199, and we may not see another console trade promo for awhile).

if youre getting a ps4 i would definitely say get a slim because if they dont do backwards compatibility youll just be buying it to play a few ps4 games before next gen replaces it

and also, if ps5 is backwards compatible, its highly likely that those games will end up playing at ps4 pro settings on the ps5.
Who in their right mind sees the PS4 library and think there is “a few” games worth playing?

There are years worth of games just based on exclusives let alone everything else

I  traded in my 500GB XB1 S today and got $175 for it even though the site/apps estimates its worth at $100. I'm not complaining but is there some kind of promotion I missed or something?

Who in their right mind sees the PS4 library and think there is “a few” games worth playing?

There are years worth of games just based on exclusives let alone everything else
if someone is looking to get a ps4 in 2018 then they either have an xbox one or a pc

or theyre less of a cheapassgamer and more of a destituteassgamer

Definitely YMMV for this. I went to get a new game on sale with my $10 cash cert from buying RDR2, but was shot down. I thought they might do the override for me, but one of them pulled out the ad to read the terms. I decided to just skip the game for now and just used the cert for a psn card.
They scanned my $10 coupon I tried to use on one of the new $20 games for pro day but it didn’t take 10 off it. It was applied but no discount.

Found a Spiderman PS4 CE just sitting on a shelf at my local GS. Should I pick it up or does anyone think there might be a price drop this holiday season? Got coupons to burn so was thinking that might be a good candidate.
Get it before a scalper gets it. It’s hella limited now

Yes this is actually waaaay more rare and hard to find then the GOW collectors edition

I personally haven’t seen the collectors edition outside of the week of the game’s release
I ended up buying it but forgot my trade credit so looks like I'm going to have to go back and use some coupons. I looked on Amazon and wow, I had no idea the price has skyrocketed like that. Glad I found one!

Outside of jrpgs, what do they really have?
It's a legit question.
I went through nearly the entire library on GS.com and didn't find much outside of jrpgs that weren't multi platform.

Uncharted 4.
Horizon zero Dawn
Yakuza series.

What am I missing?

Samsung Pay is offering a 10% discount on Gamestop GCs. They are selling $25 GCs for $22.50. Requires a newish Samsung phone. I know it's not quite as a good as the Dollar General deal, but any discount is better than no discount.

It's a legit question.
I went through nearly the entire library on GS.com and didn't find much outside of jrpgs that weren't multi platform.

Uncharted 4.
Horizon zero Dawn
Yakuza series.

What am I missing?
o_O;

Spiderman

God of War

Bloodborne

Gravity Rush

Ratchet and Clank

Until Dawn

Detroit: Become Human

Infamous

Still to come -

Days Gone

Dreams

MidiEvil Remastered

Ghosts of Tsushima

Nioh 2

..and this is just me limiting the list to the high quality exclusive games I personally care about.. There's a lot more https://gematsu.com/exclusives/ps4

It's a legit question.

Uncharted 4.
Horizon zero Dawn
Yakuza series.

What am I missing?
You're missing a whole hell of a lot lmao

It's a legit question.

Uncharted 4.
Horizon zero Dawn
Yakuza series.

What am I missing?
Let's just list the top selling exclusives. Yes some are remastered. I actually don't know much JRPGs on the PS4 (I know there are some) compared to the many other genres on it.

Bloodborne

Uncharted (series)

Last of Us

Nioh

inFamous (series)

Ratchet & Clank

Until Dawn

Gran Turismo Sport

God of War (series)

Marvel's Spider Man

Gravity Rush (series)

Horizon Zero Dawn

Shadow of the Colossus

Killzone Shadow Fall

Yakuza (series)

Detroit Become Human

The Last Guardian

Everybody's Golf

Persona 5

Yet to be released

Ghost of Tsushima

Death Stranding

Days Gone

Even the slim is an upgrade. I traded in my 500 gb original PS4 for a 1 TB slim this past summer and immediately noticed a difference. Not only did I have more space for games, but it runs faster, not as much noise, and the newer controller that came packed in was better. I don't think you need a Pro unless you have a better TV which I don't. And you will get Spider-Man for free if you can get one of those $199 bundles. I say go with your gut.
I was thinking about scooping one of these up on BF. Quick Q though: will PSVR work with these older models? I assume yes, but wanted to make sure as I’ll probsbly get that too, eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back