2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question. Can I use 3 reward certificates to buy a Xbox X Fallout bundle? I have enough points for $80, and I never use a reward certificate in store.  

On one hand I would like to have the Xbox 360 to play the Spider-Man games and anything else that isn't backwards compatible. On the other hand, I don't want to spend $70 and not get the rebate. This is GS we're talking about here, and rebates are already sort of a crapshoot. Hmm...

When does the extended holiday return period end?

Yes. They just have to be different amounts. I used 3 certificates to get my Spider-man Pro.

Was finally able to get my order through after changing the elite shipping to the ultra slow overseas 5-14 days shipping. Of course by then several games I was trying to order were sold out.

I have a question. Can I use 3 reward certificates to buy a Xbox X Fallout bundle? I have enough points for $80, and I never use a reward certificate in store.
Yes. They just have to be different amounts. I used 3 certificates to get my Spider-man Pro.

Was finally able to get my order through after changing the elite shipping to the ultra slow overseas 5-14 days shipping. Of course by then several games I was trying to order were sold out.

So irritated. Waited til 1230am est to order an Xbox 360 just to wake up to it showing as ordered on 11/21. Seriously? Now I cannot order the E model too. Wtf?!?

So irritated. Waited til 1230am est to order an Xbox 360 just to wake up to it showing as ordered on 11/21. Seriously? Now I cannot order the E model too. Wtf?!?
Same here, I should have known better. I took screenshots with time stamps when I ordered so I will fight them over this. So ridiculous..

Same here, I should have known better. I took screenshots with time stamps when I ordered so I will fight them over this. So ridiculous..
So crazy, I never got an email confirmation for this order. All others got one though. Seems so ironic. Unless they fix the date on the order, not chancing it here. When it comes to rebates, they just blindly deny and your screwed.

So crazy, I never got an email confirmation for this order. All others got one though. Seems so ironic. Unless they fix the date on the order, not chancing it here. When it comes to rebates, they just blindly deny and your screwed.
I can’t even cancel my order, it just shows processing. Initially I could get in but had no option to cancel. Now I can’t get past the “I’m not a robot” page. This seems like fraud to me IF they deny the refund, how can they legally manipulate the date of an order to avoid giving out a rebate? I’ll try to give them the benefit of the doubt but with them, who knows.

For the record my CC shows the correct date as well but I’m sure that won’t mean anything to them.

Edit: found the “contact us page” and emailed them to either fix the date or give me a guarantee the rebate will be honored. I got an auto response that they received my inquiry so hopefully they will take care of it. Might be worth a shot for you too.

If we order now, can anyone tell if the Time stamp is fixed for the Xbox 360 rebate? It states 6- 8 weeks to process rebate. What is the return policy in case we don't get the rebate and can we return in store? Never did this

If we order now, can anyone tell if the Time stamp is fixed for the Xbox 360 rebate? It states 6- 8 weeks to process rebate. What is the return policy in case we don't get the rebate and can we return in store? Never did this
i think its the same as any other return policy this time of year (sometime in january) but the clerk may call bullshit on sight if they see you trying a return when you already got a rebate

Wasn't that for buying a used current-gen game?
It’s for purchasing an in-store item between 11/22-11/25, so it probably doesn’t include online purchases. I might cancel my online order then and go in-store later today.
[attachment=31331:8490A4F1-7288-482A-971E-A426223C4E6B.jpeg]

As someone mentioned a few posts back, there was an issue with ordering preowned and available items in the same order. I also had trouble ordering digital and physical together. I ended up having to place all of my orders separately, which then slowed down shipping because none were $50 individually.

Gamestop now owes me $200 back on my gift card for attempted transactions that listed as "error" but still tapped my gift card. Not looking forward to that phone call, but at least my orders are in.

Hi,

I used reward certs on a few occasions and here's what I found:

1. There are no issues using reward certs in store.  I bought Astro Bot in store with $20 in reward certs and they completely covered the purchase.
  2. Online is a different story.  There are some games that you just can't seem to use reward certs on.   I tried purchasing Astro Bot online with online certs and got a message saying they couldn't be applied to that item.
  3. I tried purchasing Rocket League (same price as Astro Bot) and the order showed that the certs applied and fully covered the purchase.  However, when I hit the button to submit the website kept taking me back to my cart.  I resolved this by removing one of the certs so that I still had to choose an additional payment option and the order went through with no issue.
In short, reward certs can generally be used.  You can use them to fully cover a purchase in store, but if you want to place an order online you'll probably have to combine certs with some other payment option.

That's why we always use credit cards on our online transactions and use our trade credit and gift cards in-store. 

We can't risk them charging money on our gift cards and trade credit and it takes forever for them to give it back. 

I had a little bit of trouble buying pre-owned with some new games, but it did work with Just Dance 2019 for some reason. So my first order was like Just Dance 2019 + 2 pre-owned, and the other transaction contained the new PS4 games. 

Seems the price on Firewall Zero Hour was changed between the gamestop preview ad. I'm pretty sure it was 9.99 then, now its 19.99.

"Sorry! There was an error processing your order. We apologize for the inconvenience, please check back later."

I have been trying to order PS4-PRO-RDR2, and I have been getting the above message for the past 14 hours. Does anyone else experience the same issue? The links to customer support don't work either.

Hi,

I used reward certs on a few occasions and here's what I found:

1. There are no issues using reward certs in store. I bought Astro Bot in store with $20 in reward certs and they completely covered the purchase.
  2. Online is a different story. There are some games that you just can't seem to use reward certs on. I tried purchasing Astro Bot online with online certs and got a message saying they couldn't be applied to that item.
  3. I tried purchasing Rocket League (same price as Astro Bot) and the order showed that the certs applied and fully covered the purchase. However, when I hit the button to submit the website kept taking me back to my cart. I resolved this by removing one of the certs so that I still had to choose an additional payment option and the order went through with no issue.
In short, reward certs can generally be used. You can use them to fully cover a purchase in store, but if you want to place an order online you'll probably have to combine certs with some other payment option.
I've tried a number of different items with the online cert I redeemed last night and none of them discount it seems. I ended up emailing support so I'm sure I'll get a canned reply from them some time in 2019.

Why are people going so hard in the paint over the Mario kart bundle.
AFAIK this is the only bundle with a game free (remember when this was a standard Nintendo practice? pepperidge farms remembers. . .) plus $50 GC. TBH, getting roughly $95-110 in free value out of a Switch bundle was the only way I could justify buying one.

Got my email and order history showing this morning, plus they already sent me the $50 GC so everything's on track for me!

Just wanting to confirm. I can use a $50,$25,$15,$10, and $5 reward cert on the same purchase in store? Looking at picking up the Spidey PS4.

Dumb question: I preordered the Let's Go Eevee Poke-ball edition at my local store, but never picked it up because I was still debating getting another Switch or not. Is it safe to say it is gone or would they still be holding onto it? The app says available for pickup, but I don't know if that's just an app issue.

Dumb question: I preordered the Let's Go Eevee Poke-ball edition at my local store, but never picked it up because I was still debating getting another Switch or not. Is it safe to say it is gone or would they still be holding onto it? The app says available for pickup, but I don't know if that's just an app issue.
Most stores will only hold for 48 hours unless you called them to hold it longer, and even that, it's YMMV.

For those that ordered the free 360 last year, where did they give you the code? Is it via email or a physical receipt on the package?

when was the rewards points discount on certificates again? I know they did not have it last year but was it Black friday or cyber monday?

Anyone made it back from a physical Gamestop yet? Wanna get a gauge of how busy it is.

Also, what are people's thoughts on the inventory of the PS4 RDR2 bundle? Think I can still get one in store or even online tomorrow?

Anyone made it back from a physical Gamestop yet? Wanna get a gauge of how busy it is.

Also, what are people's thoughts on the inventory of the PS4 RDR2 bundle? Think I can still get one in store or even online tomorrow?
I was in line for about an hour but as I finally reached the front it wasn’t as hectic. They were sold out switch systems when I got to the front.

They should have called you. Best to call the store to find out

went directly for the free 360 only. got there at 2:15 with 1 guy inline and a few waiting in their cars. As soon as a 2nd guy formed the line @ 2:30, it was a rush to get in line. My family was 3rd in line. There was 25-30 people in line when they opened at 3:00pm. Everyone else was getting the PS4 or Switch bundle.

Every store around me told me they've been sold out of PS4s since Sunday when deals went live. I've been told each store had around 30-40. Kinda annoyed about it but I guess I should have figured.

it took me 50 minutes to get in and out for a stinking copy of assassin creed.  I was number 27 but one of the computer was down and they went out of lost legacy super quickly

Are any of these deals considered true doorbusters, truly only available Thanksgiving at 3PM and not restocked for actual Black Friday?

In the past I’ve seen many stores practically emptied on Thurs afternoon, so I imagine places like Target Kohl’s Wal-Mart Sears actually have extra stuff they restock overnight for the 7AM Friday crowd. Again not the $98 50” HDR 4K Roku TV, but most of the stuff in the ad right? Is there anything I’d truly be missing out on not heading to the store now?

My parents live in a small town. I went about an hour after they opened. No line. Sold out of the PS4 Spider-Man console. They only had 6. They had the PS4 Pro bundle which I grabbed. They were out of the red DS4. Might try another GS later maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back