2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went in and was waiting in line for almost an hour. Spidey PS4 and Switchs sold out. Of course when I ask for the "NEW" game they told me they had it was a completely gutted, missing book and cover. Never stop being you Gamestop.

WTF Tbh The only reason I would want the B2G1 free coupon is to buy games for myself. TIV are crap right now. I hope they print it on the receipt. I'll just buy something. cheap to get it to work.

EDIT: Dammit you get the coupon on the app. That thing hasn't worked properly in along time. I wonder if it's one per account.

I’m surprised to hear the PS4 were all sold out since so many retailers have had them since Sunday.
I was in a local Target last night and the employee was complaining because they only got 30 in their initial shipment and they were all gone, and that they weren't getting any restock for Black Friday.

This is hot shit because people jizz over Spider-Man and the price is good. I wouldn't be surprised if they sell 5+ million units as a lot of people traded their original systems for it.

2nd GameStop I went to said they only had 6 for today as well. Went to BB a bit before 10. Place was crazy busy. They had a pallet of XBox one Minecraft that looked barely touched. The PS4 Spider-Man pallet was down to like 15 when I left. Grabbed one for my brother.
My local store said they held 6 spidey ps4’s for tonight. Said they pretty much sold out of consoles.....and nobody was in line when I walked in at 4:45.

I read that even Sony is surprised by the demand for the Spidey PS4 at 199. I don't think anyone expected that to be the top item of the gaming holiday season. Most would assume that it would be the Switch deal.
Problem is that Switch bundle is barely a dead and not appealing

I don't post often.

I've got to give gamestop credit today, especially as a former employee from 2008 - 2009.

A family member wanted the switch bundle with mario kart. I drove said member over to the closest store 15 minutes after they opened expecting a nightmare line and all consoles sold out.

They were letting 10 people in at a time. There were about 15 people waiting outside when we walked up. As you approached the door a guy had a ticket. You told him what you wanted. He wrote it down. He then went in to verify they had enough of said item to promise you would get it. They also shouted out to people outside when certain console bundles sold out. Once we entered the store, you could freely walk around and look for other items you wanted. They would call your ticket number like at a deli. We walked up and checked out. My family member actually got the switch bundle and I grabbed the 360 promotion. Then we walked out no with no stress. The spiderman bundle sold out in less than 20 customers and the switch mario bundle sold out a few people after us.

It was funny, I said I was interested in the 360 deal and they said we don't need a ticket for that. YOU WILL GET ONE ... hahaha

By the way the rebate is on the receipt and I already submitted mine. I also made an order online at 8:30am, but no update on how that rebate will work.

I was really impressed with the experience.

Total wait time in line 15 - 20 minutes before entering the store. Then maybe 10 minutes before checking out.

Nice day and haul at GS today.
Got there about 20 minutes after opening today. The line was pretty long and took about an hour for check out. But it was very calm and organized. Workers were helpful and nice- answering questions. They had runners to help you get what you needed. There was a lady asking if anyone wanted a switch or PS4 and handing out vouchers while customers were waiting in line.
Picked up:
Mario kart Switch bundles with $50 gift card. $300
AC Odyssey :xb1: $27
Nier Automata $20, God of war $17, Street fighter anniversary collection $20 :pS4:, PS+ 12 month digital $40.
Switch car charger for road trips $10
Hatchimals 18 $20 and my Little pony $10- couple of toys for my daughters .
This was easily one of the best GS Black Friday sales and a very pleasant shopping experience.
By the time I got out it was 4:30 pm. I was in Dearborn,MI. There was a Best Buy across the street. I could see the customers waiting in line. The line was snaking around the corner, snaking further to the next corner of the building and beyond into the parking lot. That’s a little too hardcore for my taste though. Besides it was pretty darn cold outside.
Happy holidays and shopping fellow CAGs !!

Just a quick run to GS tonight

Saw about 12 people in line they were all after Switches I think

Picked up a Switch with Mario Kart + the free $50 gc for a buddy they only had a few of this bundle left

Snagged a RDR2 PS4 Pro w/ the $50 GC and 1 year of PS+ for myself.

Was going to look at few last gen used games and grab Diablo Eternal for PS4 but the store was busy, I'll go back tomorrow afternoon

After I got home I realized that I didnt use my $55 reward certs I had on the PS4 Pro bundle, I guess I'll see if I can return and rebut tomorrow 

Good luck to everyone shopping tomorrow

This is hot shit because people jizz over Spider-Man and the price is good. I wouldn't be surprised if they sell 5+ million units as a lot of people traded their original systems for it.
That's what I did. I was waiting like a year for the $199 drop so I could trade in my old fat system which had problem reading discs. The copy of Spider-Man was just icing on the cake.

What should I do with my DR Remastered Switch preorder that I never picked up? They have plenty in stock so I have no excuse not to get the game. I had no interest in the game and I only did it for the bonus. I know cancelling preorders hurts their numbers so I don't want to get these guys mad. They made me pay in full. I don't think that I even have the receipt but I remember what store I preordered it at.

What should I do with my DR Remastered Switch preorder that I never picked up? They have plenty in stock so I have no excuse not to get the game. I had no interest in the game and I only did it for the bonus. I know cancelling preorders hurts their numbers so I don't want to get these guys mad. They made me pay in full.
Just move it to another pre-order? They're usually cool with that..

Disappointed I couldn't find a PS4 today but did manage to get a return rebuy on my Smash Bros Switch thanks to a very tolerant manager. Only paid $220 after coupons and got the $50 GC too. Pretty solid deal.

Tried to get a Diablo switch in store to avoid tax with my trade credit. No luck but grabbed one online before they sold out. Hopefully I win the online trade credit purchase lottery >_>

Posting here since I can't find the amazon FAQ. Having traded anything in to them in a while, but what's up with this value? It says the trade-in value is $19.45 but is only paying out $16.05.

https://imgur.com/a/DFx2bD5
TIV probably hasn't updated yet (i.e. it's glitched). Also you're goofing if you choose "get credit now" since you're gonna be charged for the TIC and will only get it back if/when the game gets accepted.

TIV probably hasn't updated yet (i.e. it's glitched). Also you're goofing if you choose "get credit now" since you're gonna be charged for the TIC and will only get it back if/when the game gets accepted.
I have used instant credit plenty of times. They only charge you if the trade in gets denied?

I have used instant credit plenty of times. They only charge you if the trade in gets denied?
There's a much higher chance of it getting denied if instant credit is used.

Maybe it has changed recently and they're more reliable, but I've had a bad acceptance rate with the 'instant credit' option Amazon trade-in was at its peak about a year ago.

Couple weeks ago I went to a store to renew my Powerup Pro. The employee said it was complicated since I had Elite which was discontinued, and for some reason I couldn't do anything until it expired. He was saying something about something he could do on his end, but he was talking really quickly and also stuttering a fair amount and I didn't really understand what he was saying. I just said that I'd wait until the time comes, and left. Then a few days ago I look at my account and see that it's no longer Elite or Pro - but also that some of my reward points had been redeemed for a Pro subscription.

I guess that's what the guy was saying he could do for me, but I was specifically avoiding doing that because I wanted to save my points in case the The preowned coupons went on sale again this year. I also haven't activated the reward yet. Think there's any chance I can get this undone? I'd honestly rather not have to call Gamestop's help line again, because the few times I've had to were honestly some of the most frustrating things I've ever done (and I don't think either case was ever fully resolved).

Sold my old PS4 Pro locally for $300 today, just in time for the RDR2 Pro with $50 giftcard. I should be able to sell RDR2 for a decent amount and pay little to no extra to get a quieter console.

I was in a local Target last night and the employee was complaining because they only got 30 in their initial shipment and they were all gone, and that they weren't getting any restock for Black Friday.

For sure. If I didn't trade my system in for the rdr2 pro bundle I would have got one of these. Really surprised they sold out almost everywhere though.

There's a much higher chance of it getting denied if instant credit is used.

Maybe it has changed recently and they're more reliable, but I've had a bad acceptance rate with the 'instant credit' option Amazon trade-in was at its peak about a year ago.
I have done it quite a few times in the past few months. Out of like 20-30 things I have shipped in only 3 have been denied. One because I forgot to remove the not for resale barcode, the other 2 because of some weird glitch in their system saying the game has more than one disc when it doesnt

Has anyone been watching the trade in value of Spider-Man? I have a used copy and a copy from a new console that I am trying to trade in. I am Elite so I am happy with the $26.xx that I would get per copy but I am willing to hold on a little longer is this is the result of a recent drop.

Can I trade in both games in the same transaction or should I make it two?

I’m elite and my Wednesday order went from open to processing to back to open, meanwhile my Wednesday amazon order was here Friday morning. Great job GameStop!

For anyone who ordered the Switch online when the Black Friday deals started.

If you happened to order a "plain Switch" (as in one that didn't have the Mario Kart 8 bundle attached to it) during the beginning timeframe, whether it had the Neon or Grey joycons... You may want to check your email  :D/. Gamestop just gave me a promotional code for $60 that can be used on any non-special addition video game on their site. 

Pretty respectable of them to do so, especially since I didn't even noticed I ordered a bundleless Switch at first, but didn't cancel the order due to the hassle, and that I don't really care for MK8 Deluxe. 

Hopefully it doesn't expire too quickly. I would really love to use it for Smash, and then use the gift card to possibly buy a controller with it since Switch pro controllers are hella expensive. 

Is anyone having problems doing the mail-in rebate? I added the offer number, and date, and I just keep getting the "No offers found" message.

I read that even Sony is surprised by the demand for the Spidey PS4 at 199. I don't think anyone expected that to be the top item of the gaming holiday season. Most would assume that it would be the Switch deal.
My brother who hasn't owned a console in well over a decade had me grab him one. $199 with Spiderman is a pretty sweet deal. Last year the game stop near my parents still had the $199 PS4 (with no game or GC) 15 mins before closing.

My brother who hasn't owned a console in well over a decade had me grab him one. $199 with Spiderman is a pretty sweet deal. Last year the game stop near my parents still had the $199 PS4 (with no game or GC) 15 mins before closing.
I'm quite sad I couldn't pick up a PS3 or a PS4.

GameStop sure is slow about filling orders. First time I've ever ordered anything online from them and it'll be the last. I've never seen a site take nearly a day to send an order confirmation email.

GameStop sure is slow about filling orders. First time I've ever ordered anything online from them and it'll be the last. I've never seen a site take nearly a day to send an order confirmation email.
They were quite quick when I did an order yesterday.

In all fairness to them, 3/4 of my orders from Wed night and yesterday morning have been shipped as of today. Fastest they've ever done so. Last year's BF deal, 1 of my orders took almost 3 weeks to be shipped and received!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back