2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
The switch I ordered on cyber monday arrived today. I don't have either of the gift cards in my digital locker even though they show up on my order receipt online. Will I have to go through the whole CS phone ordeal to get these? Am I just looking in the wrong place?

The switch I ordered on cyber monday arrived today. I don't have either of the gift cards in my digital locker even though they show up on my order receipt online. Will I have to go through the whole CS phone ordeal to get these? Am I just looking in the wrong place?
I got my $50 GS giftcard in my email and had to call for the e-shop code. Thankfully there was an option to call back so I didn't have to stay on hold the entire time, but it took them about 2 hours to call me back.

Well fuck Looks like I'll be calling overseas to try to explain what my problem is. They sent me an order confirmation email, a digital download instruction email for the eshop code (the code definitely isn't there as this email explains) and they sent me a shipment confirmation for the $50 gamestop card. 

They never sent a shipment confirmation for the switch itself, I only got notification from UPS that it had shipped and another today from UPS that it had arrived. 

Has anyone been having problems with hold requests lately? I put in a hold request for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning for 360 on the GS site twice at the same store. I didn't get an email or message via the app for submitting it.

Edit: I tried again via the app for my home store and it said 'unable to submit hold' or something similar. I tried it for another store I frequent and it went through. Just gotta wait it out and see what happens.

I got the "Premium" Refurbished Xbox 360 last night (so premium they didn't get bother to clean off the outside of the console) and while the controller and the Xbox 360 power on, when I am prompted to connect the controller to the console, it does not work. All I get is all a flashing ring of light on the controller even with different sets of batteries. Anyone know what may be the issue?

I have a second 360 and used the controller from that and it did not work (even after I removed the power cord from the other console). Also the refurbished controller would not connect to the other 360.
I don't know if you figured it out yet, but there's a little button on top of the controller that will sync it to the system. You also need to press a button on the front of the console. It should be near the door housing the USB ports.

Gamestop just sent me an email with a coupon to double points earned in a single transaction on purchase or trades until December 31st. 

Wouldn't hurt to check your email if you're about to make a large purchase or trade in your entire stash.

Can't think of anything worth using it on myself 

Gamestop just sent me an email with a coupon to double points earned in a single transaction on purchase or trades until December 31st.

Wouldn't hurt to check your email if you're about to make a large purchase or trade in your entire stash.

Saw it in the active offers in the app and then just saw the email. Thanks for the heads up, might use it when I pick my JC4 Gold Edition pre-order.

Guess my games will not ship now that I ordered a week ago. Site showed processing and today it went to Open and I have 6 orders in Open status .... from 2014 till 2017 LOL. Oh well.  Maybe better sale on GoW and RE7 after Xmas ... somewhere OTHER than GameStop. Nah, I'm not bitter! Ahem.

For those who ordered a switch is the $50 a actual gift card? I received the switch but nothing else. Was it supposed to ship together?

For those who ordered a switch is the $50 a actual gift card? I received the switch but nothing else.
i ordered some games on Monday with two day free shipping and it did not update till this morning. I called customer service and as soon as I gave her the order number and I got the confirmation shipping email. I don’t know if the lady on the phone did something but maybe you should call.

Finally got a tracking number for monday's Switch order, should be going out tomorrow. GS and eShop gift cards still MIA, almost an hour on hold now with getting anyone at the customer support number.

For those who ordered a switch is the $50 a actual gift card? I received the switch but nothing else. Was it supposed to ship together?
I ordered both the Diablo 3 and the MK8 switch bundles in separate orders on Wednesday night before Thanksgiving.

I received the following email for each order:
1) order confirmation
2) shipment confirmation for $50 gift card
3) shipment confirmation for switch
4) digital gift certificate with code in it

I used both gift cards in store on Black Friday.

All around a great experience from GameStop this holiday shopping season so far, especially after I got them to match the sticker price of 9.99 for Castelvania LoS for the B2G1 deal, but they technically zerod it out to give it to me for free, so I for 4 games for the price of two.

Anyone get an email about issues with payment of an order from the website?

I ordered a few games on cyber monday and used my trade credit but 1 of the games Uncharted lost legacy is no longer available online.

It looks like they put a little credit back on the trade card and only charged me for part of my order, which i assume is the 2 games without the unavailable one.

Anyone get an email about issues with payment of an order from the website?

I ordered a few games on cyber monday and used my trade credit but 1 of the games Uncharted lost legacy is no longer available online.

It looks like they put a little credit back on the trade card and only charged me for part of my order, which i assume is the 2 games without the unavailable one.
Sounds like you're having Black Friday 2017 problems ... But at least you got some credit back

I also got this email. Does anyone know what the details are on trade-ins? Do you really get 2x trade-in value and does it work on hardware/accessories?

I also got this email. Does anyone know what the details are on trade-ins? Do you really get 2x trade-in value and does it work on hardware/accessories?
You would earn double points on the trade-in, not double the trade-in value. If it trades in for $6, you will still get $6, but you will receive double the points. So if points were 300 normally, you would get 600.

I got the same active offer. Too bad it's not good through end of January and I could use on my RE2 Collector's Edition.

The GS customer service call queue may be one of the most ridiculous ones I've had to dealt with. Did one call earlier in the evening and was on hold for about an hour and a half before I gave up.  Called again and got the option for an automated call-back, got the call back at least. I've been "at the top of the queue" for the last hour or so.

So it seems there was a small trade bump. AC: Odyssey went up $3 & Detroit went up $2. Those were the only ones I know the before/after on.

(Well MX vs. ATV Reflex on 360 went down $2.)

Is it possible to return an unopened game to GS if I've lost the packing slip?  I tried one store and was denied.

Oh well, if anyone wants Detroit Become Human for $20 plus S/H let me know. :)

Is it possible to return an unopened game to GS if I've lost the packing slip? I tried one store and was denied.
I've had success in the past printing out my entire order details from the order history and bringing that in. However I think there's still some info on the packing slip they need to enter so maybe this will only work for an employee who really knows what he/she is doing

Check out @GameStop’s Tweet:
https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/1068522144680730625?s=09

Any get their $10 powerup rewards coupon for pre-ordering and picking up Fallout 76 yet? Its been a few weeks and I see nothing in my active rewards

Any get their $10 powerup rewards coupon for pre-ordering and picking up Fallout 76 yet? Its been a few weeks and I see nothing in my active rewards
Wait we were supposed to get one? I'd love $10 back for that game, I'll probably never play it, but the wife has been enjoying it (at least she says that she does).

Don't we get the B2G1 coupon on Monday for buying stuff on Black Friday? Stack that with the stealth bump could be a decent little money maker. 

Not done with Red Dead 2 yet, but that $42 TIV looks pretty good. 

Does anyone know if Gamestop sells Lyft GC's?

Don't we get the B2G1 coupon on Monday for buying stuff on Black Friday? Stack that with the stealth bump could be a decent little money maker.

Nevermind! :) lol

The fine print on this is not too clear. It says we should receive it within 7 days of purchase, and also says by 12/26. Not surprised they haven't sent it yet.

Gamestop has gotten smarter. Watch them drop the TIV values as soon as the B2G1 coupon starts.

Where are you finding that game to flip? OoS everywhere in STL other than GS & Indy stores that charge $5 less than GS.
Also, dont trade in Amazing spiderman 2 to gamestop if you have an ebay or amazon account, they easily sell for $40-60 pre owned as i sold one for $50 last week.

Gamestop gift card silliness?

I used the e-gift card from buying a Switch to buy 3 vintage games since the b2g1 is still going on. Had about $15 left in card after order.

Half hour later, I decided to get some more stuff. Entered the gift card info and instead of the $15 remainder being put towards the order, the entire order was paid for (it was another $35 order).

What are the chances I'll get $70 worth of stuff from a $50 gift card vs. Gamestop just cancelling the second order?

I should have known better after all the issues I've had with Gamestop in the past. Ordered 7 "new" games last week to give as gifts. 3 of them showed up with stickers on the case and already opened, with one of the games having fingerprints all over the disc. A collector's edition I ordered was opened and the game is missing. 1 of the games showed up actually new and wrapped but the case is cracked. The other two games I haven't received yet a week and a half after ordering them, and have received no shipping confirmation. Feel like I went gift shopping at a rummage sale. Hopefully when I take all this crap to the store they will have at least some of these games in stock and actually in new gift-giving condition. Unreal how a games specialty company can be so inept.

Gamestop gift card silliness?

I used the e-gift card from buying a Switch to buy 3 vintage games since the b2g1 is still going on. Had about $15 left in card after order.

Half hour later, I decided to get some more stuff. Entered the gift card info and instead of the $15 remainder being put towards the order, the entire order was paid for (it was another $35 order).

What are the chances I'll get $70 worth of stuff from a $50 gift card vs. Gamestop just cancelling the second order?
They won’t cancel an order. They just won’t ship one of the orders. Whatever order is shipped first will get the funds from your gift card and the second order will forever be in your account.

Unreal how a consumer dealing with a particular games specialty company can be so insane. 

The internet is full of stories of how fast and loose Gamestop is when it comes to the definition of "new" - and has been for YEARS. 

I'm not trying to be mean, but it's 2018. Gamestop isn't ever going to change. Yet people keep ordering stuff from them and complaining when it arrives in crap condition. 

I'm not a GS apologist. On the whole, they're a crap company. But they've their usefulness and everyone should know what to expect from them by now. 

Unreal how a consumer dealing with a particular games specialty company can be so insane.

The internet is full of stories of how fast and loose Gamestop is when it comes to the definition of "new" - and has been for YEARS.

I'm not trying to be mean, but it's 2018. Gamestop isn't ever going to change. Yet people keep ordering stuff from them and complaining when it arrives in crap condition.

I'm not a GS apologist. On the whole, they're a crap company. But they've their usefulness and everyone should know what to expect from them by now.
You'd think by now people would just source their own clear circle dots, a bottle of goo gone, and just return their homemade "new" games 30 days later. That would probably see some changes in policy.

There were a number of people that redeemed points on Thanksgiving and were able to use the coupons twice. I used $105 on a PS4 and used the same $105 on an Elite Controller days later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back