2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone use their 2x points coupon and did it show up on your receipt? I used mine yesterday and it did not show up on my receipt and it is still in my active offers.
Points don’t show up on your account or receipts, at minimum, until the day after. Sometimes it takes a few days to show the changes.

So, The manager of the Gardner, MA Gamstop today told me that all of her excess stock of Fallout 76 is being recalled next week. The "Official" line is that they have too many on hand at the moment, however she then said that the truth is Bethesda is recalling as many copies of the game as they can because of the upcoming litigation over the game, and it's better to have as few copies of the game out there as possible.

I'm posting it here, curious if anyone else has heard something similar.

Points don’t show up on your account or receipts, at minimum, until the day after. Sometimes it takes a few days to show the changes.
Usually on the receipt they would mention that a promo was applied, but it's like I didn't even use a coupon. My regular points showed up today and the coupon for the 2x points is still in my active offers.

also did a trade with the 2x points, did not get 2x points, and the coupon is still in my active offers, regardless 42 for trading red dead was worth it. that game is uhh, not good.

also did a trade with the 2x points, did not get 2x points, and the coupon is still in my active offers, regardless 42 for trading red dead was worth it. that game is uhh, not good.
Hmm, might stop by GS to try and use a low denomination rewards cert to see if that's also the case for that stuff, since it looks like their system is screwed up again.

If memory serves me well the double points are added when the transaction is posted in the PUR Member/Card activity. It might take a few days to show up. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Got my final b2g1 preowned game today (marvel vs. capcom 2 for Ps2) and the disc is literally cracked. Anyone know if I can return this at a local store...

Same for me, regular amount of points for trade and no mention on the receipt of 2X points, active offer remains. I traded in RDR2 as well and forget to grab the preorder code from the box, so someone will get lucky who picks that up. I might buy it again later when it's $30 or less. I got it with the XB1X bundle for $368. It's a great looking game, but didn't play much of it, just enough to get some extra points for Microsoft Rewards for one of their quest things.

For those wondering where their 2x points are ... according to the coupon the points won't post for up to 7 days after the transaction 

Anyone know if u order a item online and can u return it in store with packing list? They claim it was over 7 days, then they said only give back on trade card.
Wasn't holiday extended for return?

A friend had the package slip last Time and took 3 people to do it. They end up asking for DL and gave him cash.
Whats the point having a package list?

Anyone know if u order a item online and can u return it in store with packing list? They claim it was over 7 days, then they said only give back on trade card.
Wasn't holiday extended for return?

A friend had the package slip last Time and took 3 people to do it. They end up asking for DL and gave him cash.
Whats the point having a package list?
I do this regularly at GameStop stores I know well. I found that prestige stores are more likely to be helpful as they want the positive reviews to keep prestige. Bitter managers don't care about corporate policy until they have to.

I do this regularly at GameStop stores I know well. I found that prestige stores are more likely to be helpful as they want the positive reviews to keep prestige. Bitter managers don't care about corporate policy until they have to.
They were cocky like they were better.
My friend thinks the package list is useless and they just type made up info.
The slip is just to make sure it was purchased from them.

They even try to give him a open game as new. Might as well go to Best buy for the same price.

Is it true that u lose your certificate used online to reduce the game price? Why should we pay the difference if the price is the same before the certificate. Isn't it called a even exchange? They were not understanding

They were cocky like they were better.
My friend thinks the package list is useless and they just type made up info.
The slip is just to make sure it was purchased from them.

They even try to give him a open game as new. Might as well go to Best buy for the same price.

Is it true that u lose your certificate used online to reduce the game price? Why should we pay the difference if the price is the same before the certificate. Isn't it called a even exchange? They were not understanding

I must've been lucky.  Made my first ever GS.com order on Cyber Monday for Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters, Norn9: Var Commons, Collar X Malice, Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly, 7'scarlet, and Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk.

Every game exccept Norn was in the original packaging.  And Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly was even new/sealed

The beginning of the end.

Gamestop posted losses of $488 million in the 3rd quarter. When you realize GS actually sold off a mobile unit for $700 million and STILL lost that much money for the quarter, it makes sense the company is downgrading all of its projections.

Anyone who is paying attention knows the writing is on the wall for GS. What stinks is that videogame publishers WANT GS to go under because they see the company as a profit parasite. No matter how you may feel about GS, the company is in some ways the reason why this gen has had physical media at all. It's a less-talked about motive, but no doubt the corp. suits have wanted to take down GS for some time. There's a reason why digital is winning. Sure, consumers are "choosing" it, but publishers are helping it along nicely, too.

Oh well. I'd like to think GS might hang on, but even if they do, the stores would certainly have to evolve significantly, and no way could there be as many of them as there are now.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/11/30/gamestop-reports-third-quarter-loss-of-4886-million

any body else having trouble logging into to gs account?
It was like that for me before BF and it's still like that now. Even when I'm able to log in and check an order, I get stuck in an endless captcha loop of picking stupid pictures over and over. Their site is awful.

The beginning of the end.

Gamestop posted losses of $488 million in the 3rd quarter. When you realize GS actually sold off a mobile unit for $700 million and STILL lost that much money for the quarter, it makes sense the company is downgrading all of its projections.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/11/30/gamestop-reports-third-quarter-loss-of-4886-million
This was already discussed a few pages back. Looks like you don't have all the information. That's what you get for reading IGN.

The loss was from an impairment charge of $557.3 million.

Please look into it some more before trying to "assess" the situation. Without the charge, the net profit would be $68.7M, compared with a year-ago profit of $59.4M. Yes they did lower guidance. Yes they are looking to sell some of it's divisions.

After reading all the comments about GameStops shipping habits and sending open copies of games, glad I go through Best Buy and Target whenever I purchase something online.

Physical works better for the consumer though as we get games that drop in price and can sell off our games. From a publisher standpoint digital is better and cheaper for them but more expensive for us. I might not care for Gamestop but I want them to stay or be replaced by another physical store so people can get games cheap.

anyone who claims gamestop is useless is a pc gamer only or actively ignoring it. and anyone who thinks the secret to success theyre ignoring is to sell "retro" games is highly incorrect.

by the way, apparently starting tomorrow preowned systems will have a 1 year warranty by default. i dont know anything else besides what i just said and that im not supposed to know. grain of salt, etc. but if you bought a used system lately you may want to do a return-rebuy soon.

Is there ever generally any price drops or sales for pre-owned games (over buying new from them)? I have a couple pre-owned certs, but don't know what to buy since everything, that doesn't go on sale for new copies, is expensive.

Is there ever generally any price drops or sales for pre-owned games (over buying new from them)? I have a couple pre-owned certs, but don't know what to buy since everything, that doesn't go on sale for new copies, is expensive.
If you have any $5 certs, you can flip some copies of Has Been Heroes (NS) on ebay.

This was already discussed a few pages back. Looks like you don't have all the information. That's what you get for reading IGN.

The loss was from an impairment charge of $557.3 million.

Please look into it some more before trying to "assess" the situation. Without the charge, the net profit would be $68.7M, compared with a year-ago profit of $59.4M. Yes they did lower guidance. Yes they are looking to sell some of it's divisions.
Keep in mind people here tend to be anit - gamestop. However, I don;t see anywhere else I could get FFXIII 1-3 for $12 total and kingdom of alamor for 4

Looks like the B2G1 coupon is now loaded to accounts, now I just need to find something to use it on.

Edit - I was not have been on the last page when I made this comment and thus did not see the many other posts. Move along people, nothing to see here.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I saw a cashier pulling out some signage today that said "Three Pre-owned $9.99 games for $15!"

She said that it was starting tomorrow.

Remember that the stealth bump is probably gonna end tomorrow, so don't drag your feet if you're going to boomerang games w/ the b2g1 coupon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back