2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. Thanks for the warning. Had no idea that's how he was doing it. Mentioned I just wanted Zelda and he just did it all at once and said 27~
Caught me by surprise. We'll see if I get to join the ban club. Never been on that. How long do they last? And do you get notified or just denied on your next visit?

And is another email / phone enough for a second account? Or is it tied to home address?
Doing that can also get employees fired if LP is being uptight. Had it happen to a friend when I worked there.

Also, was it ever confirmed or denied that the b2g1 worked on multiples?

Well I sure hope the guy doesn't get in trouble since he was just helping me out on his own idea. Was a prestige store.

can anyone confirm the 25% bonus works on 2+ switch games?  Someone mentioned it above but I don't know if they actually tried it or not.

my gamestop has Move controllers preowned for $1.99, but they're missing the white orb (or at least it is not in the packaging), not sure how easy that is to replace

Yep, I officially whiffed on over $80 trading a bunch of Switch games last night...just remembered Pokken Tournament last night as well...

Did very good today, my B2G1 coupon didn’t disappear after the first use so I used it twice. And yes the stores I went to had the 25% extra switch sign.

I can confirm also the 25% trade in bonus on 2+ switch games is good.

On another note if I did a return/rebuy to get a different 3rd game with a b2g1 but I used my coupon for double points, what happens? Im guessing they had to refund my original order and ring up with a new 3rd game.

I can confirm also the 25% trade in bonus on 2+ switch games is good.

On another note if I did a return/rebuy to get a different 3rd game with a b2g1 but I used my coupon for double points, what happens? Im guessing they had to refund my original order and ring up with a new 3rd game.
Do you get the 25% extra on every game or just the first 2?

Cannot confirm if it works on more than 2 switch games but can confirm it doesn't boost non-switch games as a PS4 game I paired with 2 switch games was not boosted.

I traded 2 switch games and spiderman on ps4. No bonus on spiderman but Im done with it anyways. Nice to actually have something to use the b2g1 coupons on.

So according to that sign they also bumped consoles from $25 extra to $50 extra. Most are still ridiculously low, Xbox X lower than PS4 Pro, but $275 for the Pro is reasonable. As is $180-190 for the Slim if you got a good bundle recently.

Can confirm it’s for 2+ Switch games. Traded in 4 high-dollar games (odyssey, BOTW, pokken, DK), got $43.50 per game.

Edit: worth remembering that the bump is supposed to end tonight. GS associate said the promo is supposed to last until Dec 24th, but he had looked it up in computer, I didn’t see anything to support that myself.

Can confirm it’s for 2+ Switch games. Traded in 4 high-dollar games (odyssey, BOTW, pokken, DK), got $43.50 per game.

Edit: worth remembering that the bump is supposed to end tonight. GS associate said the promo is supposed to last until Dec 24th, but he had looked it up in computer, I didn’t see anything to support that myself.
Values are almost guaranteed to be ass moving forward so I'd trade everything in now if you can. Will be interesting to see what they do for prestige day/Christmas sales.

Traded in Pokemon Let's go Eevee for $50.75 lol. Picked it up Friday when I just saw that my local GS had one in stock used. Used a $10 coupon from the epic beta mission I had left and got it for $35.99+tax. Didn't play much of it, but oh well...

So according to that sign they also bumped consoles from $25 extra to $50 extra. Most are still ridiculously low, Xbox X lower than PS4 Pro, but $275 for the Pro is reasonable. As is $180-190 for the Slim if you got a good bundle recently.
i just traded in my PS4 last Tuesday

does Gamestop give the extra credit if you show them the receipt?

Placed an order last week for VRally 4 for xbox one for $30. Used two digital gs gift cards from mycokerewards. Checked on my order last night to see if it had shipped yet. There is no record of my order when I enter my email and order number. I have my order confirmation email, but it doesn't break down the purchase. Meanwhile, its 24 at Best Buy with gcu and I have rewards there. What are the chances I get my $20 back?

Placed an order last week for VRally 4 for xbox one for $30. Used two digital gs gift cards from mycokerewards. Checked on my order last night to see if it had shipped yet. There is no record of my order when I enter my email and order number. I have my order confirmation email, but it doesn't break down the purchase. Meanwhile, its 24 at Best Buy with gcu and I have rewards there. What are the chances I get my $20 back?
gamestop hasnt been keeping on-site records of my orders lately either

the amount just disappeared from my trade card and i found the game in the mail 10 days later with no fanfare or record

If my saved trade is still showing the bump and says expires today, will they honor it? I saved it  at like 2am and says 30.00 regular for Zelda and Mario odyssey.

29.70 for most good switch games when it was 33 for pro. Eevee and pikachu are still high. Looks like a $4 drop with the promo.

Is there some string attached to the extra $50 credit on console trade ins (such as must be put towards a new system)? I don’t see it listed on the trade in promo page.

I was looking for some guidance for a new Spider-Man PS4 Slim bought 2 weeks ago and just now finally got around to opening it. While setting it up, I noticed the triangle button was sticking on the DS4. When I stopped by the store I got it from, but they are saying because I didn't get their warranty, they don't have anymore in stock, and since it was new & not pre-owned, I'm out of luck and have to talk to Sony. Are they right or should they have exchange the controller because its within 30 days?

I was looking for some guidance for a new Spider-Man PS4 Slim bought 2 weeks ago and just now finally got around to opening it. While setting it up, I noticed the triangle button was sticking on the DS4. When I stopped by the store I got it from, but they are saying because I didn't get their warranty, they don't have anymore in stock, and since it was new & not pre-owned, I'm out of luck and have to talk to Sony. Are they right or should they have exchange the controller because its within 30 days?
They are right and have no obligation to help you. It was a limited time item and if they don't have anymore to exchange your item with, there's nothing they can do. You might be able to get them refund it if you push them since they can't replace it, but they aren't going to grab a new controller off the shelf for you.

Manage to find a store with both both pokemon let's go and zelda.  Proceed to turn 88 to 140 with buy 2 get it

My double points posted today for my purchase yesterday.

It shows as two postings, one for the base points and one for the bonus. Earlier today only the base points were there, now both are

My double points posted today for my purchase yesterday.

It shows as two postings, one for the base points and one for the bonus. Earlier today only the base points were there, now both are
Did GS scanned the coupon or did he apply it through your account? I did my trade-in yesterday but the cashier apply it under my account but I still see my coupon in my app and the double points are not showing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back