2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the email too but I am not really familiar with gamestop points or rewards so not sure if I will buy anything there.  I only have 3,680 points with a $4 member savings.

The website has the updated promos now.

25k6hdg.jpg

https://www.gamestop.com/trade

Did GS scanned the coupon or did he apply it through your account? I did my trade-in yesterday but the cashier apply it under my account but I still see my coupon in my app and the double points are not showing up.
Scanned. Coupon is gone. The transaction was trade-in and a purchase, as in the past a purchase is required to trigger the bonus.

Don't worry, I traded in most of my stuff yesterday so a 70% bonus is probably going to be announced soon. That's what always happens after I trade stuff lol
At the current TIVs, even with a 70% last gen games not named Madden 17 or NCAA Football 14 are still gonna be well below what they were with no boost just a couple of months ago. I waited too long!

I don’t think they’ll give us that $10 credit for buying fallout 76 lol
It’s been nearly a month and nothing so far, what a huge L for buying it the second day

Can’t find 3 good preowned games to get for PS4 at around the same prices with the b2g1 coupon. May have bought too many games this Black Friday. Any decent flips?

I just realized today that Katamari Damacy Reroll is a physical Gamestop exclusive. Going to have to go pre-order a copy after work now, probably more excited about Katamari than I am Smash on Switch. 

With prestige day coming soon (what was the date for that again supposedly?), do you think their usual extra 10% trade in bonus for that day will stack with the current 25% switch games promo?  I don't remember if their past promos would stack on prestige day so if someone could shed some light on that I would appreciate it. Thanks.

I'm at my whit's end trying to get the GS gift card from my Cyber Monday order. Already called into customer support multiple times (usually with a 1 hour+ wait before getting to someone), told numerous times I would be getting gift card info emailed to me (none of which have ever appeared), had someone give me a gift card account number and tell me to take it into a physical store to get the PIN number (turns out store employes can't do that), and another hour-long call to try to get my case escalated and was getting connected to a supervisor when the call disconnected.

I'm at my whit's end trying to get the GS gift card from my Cyber Monday order. Already called into customer support multiple times (usually with a 1 hour+ wait before getting to someone), told numerous times I would be getting gift card info emailed to me (none of which have ever appeared), had someone give me a gift card account number and tell me to take it into a physical store to get the PIN number (turns out store employes can't do that), and another hour-long call to try to get my case escalated and was getting connected to a supervisor when the call disconnected.
Threaten a chargeback when you call again. You’ve already tried so many times to get your giftcard. That should be the next step.

not sure if it was mentioned here, we kinda sidetracked about it in the Target thread since we've been hunting them on clearance, but Gamestop has a bunch of the Overwatch Nendoroids on sale in store, Genji is $22.49, Tracer is $29.99, Mei is $29.99, and Hanzo says $29.99 online but rang up for $24.99 in store

Those of you who are GameStop veterans, I know how much variance there is to this question, but is there like a general time frame you would say that used copies of games start showing up after their release day?  I want to get the Monster Boy game on Switch but I don't need it until next Wednesday so I'm wondering if I should wait it out and see since it's $10 cheaper, and I have a 20% off coupon for used games because of my birthday.

Same question for me. I'm sitting on a couple of pre-owned coups that start expiring mid-December, I'm wondering how fast pre-owned Smash Ultimate copies will start popping up.

depends on the population, and the game

generally speaking it stops being "rare" and starts being "uncommon" after 3 weeks

after 2 months it starts becoming more regular

You could see day 1 smash pre-owned because some people don't want the cartridge (play digital) but want the steelbook. This happens more often when a game is bundled with a console and has a separate collector's/limited edition, e.g. Spider-Man, God of War, and maybe even RDR2.

However, employees seem to hold back, "rent", or buy the pre-owned game before you can, though this is only at some stores.

Either way, you'll see few pre-owned in the first month if the game reviews well and GameStop has crap tiv.

if i had to guess, most of the store mangers are probably getting a free copy of Smash Brothers. I wouldn't be surprised if a few show up on release day.

not sure if it was mentioned here, we kinda sidetracked about it in the Target thread since we've been hunting them on clearance, but Gamestop has a bunch of the Overwatch Nendoroids on sale in store, Genji is $22.49, Tracer is $29.99, Mei is $29.99, and Hanzo says $29.99 online but rang up for $24.99 in store
Do you have the DCPI for Hanzo by chance?

Well, I made an online, Gamestop.com purchase on Black Friday that got cancelled. I'd used trade credit from a card, and (of course) the credit hasn't been reimbursed. I seem to recall people mentioning this problem here before.

Any tips on how to get this resolved by people who have actually pulled it off? Thanks in advance.

Those of you who Do B2G1's to trade back in later, how long do you typically wait between your purchase and trading in?
Depends. This last weekend was a no brainier though, that being trade those babies in same day.

When there isn't a stealth bump, let alone a trade promo that coincides with it, I just use the b2g1 on switch games and sit on them til a good promo comes along. I've never lost money on thr AAA switch games doing that... though I have lost money doing that with games on other systems.

Almost forgot i ordered Horizon Dawn Complete on Black Friday online. Status just says processing. Checked online and saw it said Support open until 11pm. Alas, called and message said hours until 10pm. Looks like they are getting crapped on at FB page too for not sending stuff out. Good times.

Depends. This last weekend was a no brainier though, that being trade those babies in same day.

When there isn't a stealth bump, let alone a trade promo that coincides with it, I just use the b2g1 on switch games and sit on them til a good promo comes along. I've never lost money on thr AAA switch games doing that... though I have lost money doing that with games on other systems.
Can somebody give some examples of this working out? New to the GS game.

Ideally same day.

As long as it takes me to drive to the next store.

Ah I always figured it was a bad idea to trade back in on the same day even if at another store. I thought there would be a "cooldown period" to not seem too suspicious.

Ah I always figured it was a bad idea to trade back in on the same day even if at another store. I thought there would be a "cooldown period" to not seem too suspicious.
People have said that employees can't see purchases made the same day, if they look at your account, so that's actually the ideal time to do it. I've always been paranoid I'll buy the games at one store, drive to the next store, and an employee from the first store will be at that second store. However, that would be pretty much physically impossible most the time since I head from the first store to the second store and the employee would have to leave at the same time I do. I'm naturally neurotic though, so there's that lol.

I ended up picking up 2 x Hanzo Nendoroid, 1 x Mei Nendoroid, 1 x Genji Nendoroid, and a D.Va pillow that was down to $10 today, thanks gamestop

Not sure if this is real, but I heard that there will be a special Game Day sale on Wednesday the 12th. Might be worth paying attention to as normally people are busy with real lives...

Not sure if this is real, but I heard that there will be a special Game Day sale on Wednesday the 12th. Might be worth paying attention to as normally people are busy with real lives...
Shhhh.. that's on the download till the 12th 😉 haha, I feel like Gamestop has a 12 days of Christmas sale last year but I might be remembering wrong?

Well, I made an online, Gamestop.com purchase on Black Friday that got cancelled. I'd used trade credit from a card, and (of course) the credit hasn't been reimbursed. I seem to recall people mentioning this problem here before.

Any tips on how to get this resolved by people who have actually pulled it off? Thanks in advance.
Its a nightmare. The best you can do is call the customer service and explain the situation. Although, when I had a similar issue, they indicated that I had insufficient funds on the trade card and that my balance was correct.

Eventually I just gave up and are the $50 loss

Pokemon Let's Go dropped today down to a $30 base.  I wonder why they extended the $35 base for 2 days only to kill it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back