2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I turn 176 credit into roughtl 275.... 100 free credit for roughlt 1 hours busy work
Would have made about $85... but the one prestige store in my area has a Jr. Detective that always seems to be there, and is the type of person who probably keeps tabs of what every customer buys/trades.

Grabbed Ys VIII (PS4) complete in box (ost and art book), Lets Go Eevee, and Splatoon 2 with the B2G1. Was even cheaper with the Dollar General deal for GS giftcards. Now hopefully one of my local stores has a used Super Mario Party I can swap Splatoon 2 for in the next 30 days.

Not seeing the sale for this, what am I missing?
Sorry should have been more clear, I meant eshop. I just received my $35 eShop from the Gamestop Cyber Monday sale...my bad!

On a side note picked up a physical copy of Katamari Demacy Reroll my local Gamestop only had 3 copies.

Sorry should have been more clear, I meant eshop. I just received my $35 eShop from the Gamestop Cyber Monday sale...my bad!

On a side note picked up a physical copy of Katamari Demacy Reroll my local Gamestop only had 3 copies.
I could see Reroll becoming hard to find physically down the road, best as I've been able to tell it's GS exclusive in the states

Does anyone know if Gamestop still occasionally does deals for PUR Points being turned into Reward Certificates? I'm guessing no, but just trying to decide if I should wait for some sort of deal where, say, a $15 cert "costs" 10,000 points instead of the usual 15,000...or if I should just cash these out as soon as I have something I want to buy....

attachicon.gif
gamestop.png

Retro Flash Sale Buy 1 Get 1 50% off disc based games. Pretty good deal.

https://www.gamestop.com/collection/retro-classics
Thanks! Picked up Burnout 3 Takedown and Mega Man Anniversary Collection for Xbox for $4.75 shipped.

are the 20% off a preowned game birthday codes usable by anybody? haven't really found anything I feel like using mine on

This was a gooood day. Unloaded some Switch games I was done with and picked up some great games that I didn’t bother to get on Black Friday. The tank is indeed full.
Plenty of flipping to go around as I was fortunate to be able to visit several prestige stores today.
This may sound like a cliche, but it did feel like the good ol’ days when Blackbeard was around.
Oh what a rush !!!

Was nice to have a few prestige stores close to me this time and one had a ton of switch games. Free credit is the best kind.

I tried using my double points coupon for trading in some games. The associate scanned the coupon and said it can only be used for purchases.

I hope this info helps.

Best prestige day in awhile with all the promos running together. The real jewel of the day was a customer next to me returning a black Friday Spiderman PS4 bundle while I was doing a trade. Immediately told the associate I'd buy it, used $100 in coupons and effectively paid 100 bucks credit for a new PS4. Crazy timing but great deal for sure.

Cleaned up rebought every good Switch game I traded away over the summer. And got some sweet Pops like TARDIS. And all the games I wanted on Black Friday like RDR Hitman and Blops but couldn’t be bothered to ruin thanksgiving.

Only ones I couldn’t find, Octopath used, or Katamari new. I can’t be mad should be happy Katamari has such a “mainstream” audience it sold out at every store. Maybe Octopath would make a better download if the file size is reasonable.

Anyone else notice they seemed to have reneged on the “$56.99” pricing since killing Elite?

Anybody know what the price is for GameCube system usually? Is the $60 console to $100 console+game bundle common, low or high in price? Thanks

Bought 3 switches with credit for $540. Sold all 3 for about $700 with little effort.
Had that credit from the last trade in glitch.
Was hardware B2G1 too? I would’ve done the same thing had I know that. Now I’m just thinking of what I can do with this $300.

Was hardware B2G1 too? I would’ve done the same thing had I know that. Now I’m just thinking of what I can do with this $300.
Yeah prestige days work on anything preowned, which I completely forgot. I also would have bought 3 switches...though that does turn some heads around here. Ah well, theres always next time.

I was all excited for prestige day then I looked at the store locator.  Out of the 15 or so stores within my area we normally have 5 or more prestige stores.  Now we only have 1.  That sucked.  I am not sure what happened.  Maybe next time.

I was all excited for prestige day then I looked at the store locator. Out of the 15 or so stores within my area we normally have 5 or more prestige stores. Now we only have 1. That sucked. I am not sure what happened. Maybe next time.
Customers have not filled out surveys and given great feedback is what happened. If you want to help maintain your store’s prestige status, you have to fil out those surveys.

The B2G1 coupon from Black Friday actually helped me quite a bit yesterday since I only had one Prestige store around. Used the B2G1 coupon at a non-Prestige store to get based $30 TIV games, went to the Prestige store to get the extra 10% TIV (Total 55% extra TIV) and also used the 2x points to trade in and also get 6 more NSW games, and stopped by a third store on my way home to trade in the 6.

On top of the credit made, got about $30 in PUR points too. Glad that B2G1 coupon was good through yesterday 👍🏼

Made an order on 11/22 that is still sitting as 'Open', I don't have high hopes this will ever ship/deliver. Anyone have any experience with this? I don't usually make orders at GameStop.com

Anyone know besides Pokemon Let's Go and Smash, what the highest Switch games for TIV are? Figure I might as well go use that B2G1 today and see if I can end up getting most of Just Cause 4 paid for with a flip.

Guessing Mario Kart 8 and BOTW at $30 base are as high as it goes.

Anyone know besides Pokemon Let's Go and Smash, what the highest Switch games for TIV are? Figure I might as well go use that B2G1 today and see if I can end up getting most of Just Cause 4 paid for with a flip.

Super Mario Party.

As a word of advice, you can always go to GameStop.com/trade, search the name of the system you’re looking for, and sort by trade value.

So do most people just leave credit on file with these flips or are you cashing out immediately with GCs?
No gift cards that are worth getting or work with gift cards so I just leave my credit there. Unless you're going over limits, there's no reason to quickly move it imo.

Reddit just linked didn’t save JPEGs... what was the Christmas sale, “Game Days Dec 17-24”, last year? Was there a B2G1?

I'm not going to use my b2g1 coupon. Is it tied to an account or can I trade it to someone?

I'm not going to use my b2g1 coupon. Is it tied to an account or can I trade it to someone?
It is tied to your account, so there is a chance that you and the other person get your accounts banned. That's what other CAGs have reported.

It is tied to your account, so there is a chance that you and the other person get your accounts banned. That's what other CAGs have reported.
I keep wondering if a ban is automatic or happens if someone reports their coupon being used by another account. Has anyone just been auto banned after using another account's coupons?

Thanks CAGs. I traded Splatoon 2, Mario Tennis, Zelda BOTW, Lets go Pikachu and Mario Kart 8 for $223 credit yesterday. Used my B2G1 coupon this morning, re-bought BOTW, LG Pikachu, Mario Kart 8, and took them into another Gamestop. $259.XX total credit for 5 games I was done with!

Just curious what's the likelihood of getting banned for stuff like this? And why don't they install measures to stop the flipping. I didn't go as ham as some others, but if you wanted to, you could really do some damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back