2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't get an email this time either here in CA that says 70%. Has anyone actually traded in and gotten it yet?
I didn't see a response to this. But I can confirm, for myself, that there was a +50% CA bump (+20%=+70% from elite) yesterday on 12/27.

I didn't see a response to this. But I can confirm, for myself, that there was a +50% CA bump (+20%=+70% from elite) yesterday on 12/27.
Thanks for posting this. I've called around and all the stores say there is no such deal. Figured they wouldn't know as it's probably an automatic bump.

Thanks for reporting. Still don't see what the fuss is about when base is so low. $50 games are trading at $21. With the bump that gets you to $33 which was the base a few weeks ago. This is GS BS!

Thanks for reporting. Still don't see what the fuss is about when base is so low. $50 games are trading at $21. With the bump that gets you to $33 which was the base a few weeks ago. This is GS BS!
There's a few ways to look at it.

Here's one. It's a decent way to get the best price on games that don't go on sale, assuming used is acceptable.

You know, I often have loses at GameStop. But the wins are sweet. Just got a Wii U game for $1 brand new in the wrap. It is Star Fox Guard. And also ZombiU for $3. 🤣

Let me break it down for you. With the current B2G1 deal u can get 3 games for @ $88 plus tax with Elite Pro.

At $21 + 70% bump it comes out to $35.70 trade in per game. Trade in two games for $71.40.

$94 (w/taxes) - $71 = @ $23 for a game.

Not a money maker, but considering my boys just got a Switch it's an easy way to get Nintendo exclusive games that hardly go on sale for $23 (using only store credit).

There are stores practically next to each other so it only takes some planning and a few minutes.

Went to a no cash store for the 50% boost and the place was mobbed. They were telling everyone about the B2G1 but they were totally wiped out of switch games. They should be paying more especially this time of year to replenish the shelves. Traded some stuff I have been holding out for a bonus on but pretty much everything dropped further recently. The only solid value I saw was DS3 controllers (got 25.50 for a few). 

I hope you or your imaginary college kids enjoy the free ride in the community college of Harvard Nebraska. The provost likes the door stops you sent .
Since you know the people at Bandai namco, tell them to fix the controls. They are pretty horrible and not responsive.
Haven't played it yet, not gonna devalue my gold nuggets

Seem to recall someone posting about the Shadow of the Tomb Raider Croft Edition, which I just bought as well. Looks like it's now being sold online with a $10 GS giftcard. Not sure if that applies in store as well or how that promo usually works. Just FYI in case any recent purchasers wanna get in on that.

Seem to recall someone posting about the Shadow of the Tomb Raider Croft Edition, which I just bought as well. Looks like it's now being sold online with a $10 GS giftcard. Not sure if that applies in store as well or how that promo usually works. Just FYI in case any recent purchasers wanna get in on that.
I still trying to figure out if anything beyond the base game is worth it. I loved the new tomb raiders (1-2) but unsure if should get a deluxe version if I won’t play multiplayer or care about gear

Someone post the Newegg deal on select games. May help those who want fallout 76 and other games. EMCERRY43 at checkout for 50% off fallout 76 and other games.

Let me break it down for you. With the current B2G1 deal u can get 3 games for @ $88 plus tax with Elite Pro.

At $21 + 70% bump it comes out to $35.70 trade in per game. Trade in two games for $71.40.

$94 (w/taxes) - $71 = @ $23 for a game.

Not a money maker, but considering my boys just got a Switch it's an easy way to get Nintendo exclusive games that hardly go on sale for $23 (using only store credit).

There are stores practically next to each other so it only takes some planning and a few minutes.
Yeah, I get all that. But if you don't have Elite, this doesn't make sense. And earlier in the thread, there were a few posts suggesting this is a great flipping opportunity. It's not. In your example, someone who only has pro is paying $40 for the game they keep. Big deal.

Why is everyone acting like this is the first time GameStop has done this.
Most b2g1 with Csac they tank values. They go back up after the promos are over. Hold the games for two weeks and you are fine. If you paid any attention(even badly) you know what games always have the high values. When they need trade ins in January they’ll go back up to normal

Most b2g1 with Csac they tank values. They go back up after the promos are over. Hold the games for two weeks and you are fine. If you paid any attention(even badly) you know what games always have the high values. When they need trade ins in January they’ll go back up to normal
The values should get back to their current “normal” values, but holding games hasn’t been a good idea for the majority of 2018.

Trade Promos have been almost non-existant since the early year $59 switch games, ps4/xb1 game values are terrible after 30 days, switch games fluctuate back and forth, 3ds game values fell off a cliff, stealth bump has been cut in half, b2g1 coupon not stacking sets...all in all this year peaked greatness 1 time and has been meh to garbage all year.

Also, GS always needs switch games but that hasn’t moved the needle this year.

The values should get back to their current “normal” values, but holding games hasn’t been a good idea for the majority of 2018.

Trade Promos have been almost non-existant since the early year $59 switch games, ps4/xb1 game values are terrible after 30 days, switch games fluctuate back and forth, 3ds game values fell off a cliff, stealth bump has been cut in half, b2g1 coupon not stacking sets...all in all this year peaked greatness 1 time and has been meh to garbage all year.

Also, GS always needs switch games but that hasn’t moved the needle this year.
This. TIVs and promos peaked in March/April, and then declined. People were saying then that it would rebound “as it always does”, but it really hasn’t recovered. The recent 25% extra for NSW games paired with 20% Elite and a little higher base TIV equated to $43-46.50, which is the highest we’ve seen since the beginning of the year.

I picked up a "new" game from Gamestop recently (cheaper than used).  On the inside was a sticker with "Software GPG Sale" and an expiration date on it.  Anybody know what that's about?

The case wasn't factory sealed, but instead in like a sealed bag (at least it's not that nasty sticker).  The disc looks ok, but I had to wipe a small bit of lint or whatever off of it.  Haven't played it yet though.

I picked up a "new" game from Gamestop recently (cheaper than used). On the inside was a sticker with "Software GPG Sale" and an expiration date on it. Anybody know what that's about?

The case wasn't factory sealed, but instead in like a sealed bag (at least it's not that nasty sticker). The disc looks ok, but I had to wipe a small bit of lint or whatever off of it. Haven't played it yet though.
If it is the sticker I am thinking of, that is the disc warranty you can purchase. This makes me believe they gave you the warranty or it was a returned item.

If it is the sticker I am thinking of, that is the disc warranty you can purchase. This makes me believe they gave you the warranty or it was a returned item.

Gpg is the insurance they try to sell you.
Thanks for the info. My receipt doesn't show a charge for insurance. Seems like a returned "new" game since the date on the sticker is from the summer. Gamestop gonna Gamestop lol

Thanks for the info. My receipt doesn't show a charge for insurance. Seems like a returned "new" game since the date on the sticker is from the summer. Gamestop gonna Gamestop lol
It was a "display" new copy. They probably accidentally gave the display new copy to someone else, but still had the "new" display copy disc behind the counter, so they used a "used" game case and sealed it in the little plastic sleeve, which let's you return the game if it's still sealed in that plastic sleeve.

This. TIVs and promos peaked in March/April, and then declined. People were saying then that it would rebound “as it always does”, but it really hasn’t recovered. The recent 25% extra for NSW games paired with 20% Elite and a little higher base TIV equated to $43-46.50, which is the highest we’ve seen since the beginning of the year.
Switch game games were 48 in September.

It was much better last year. Exact same promo.

My main issue was that the game had a lot of crashes where it would freeze your system and the audio engine would just play a loud buzz till you got up and turned it off
That would definitely turn me off from the game. I don't remember experiencing any problems like that though.

That would definitely turn me off from the game. I don't remember experiencing any problems like that though.
They might have patched it / the system, I'm not really sure, but it happened a lot for me at launch and was a point of issue in reviews, I tried it on Xbox since it's on game pass but it rendered really bad contrast wise, and I kinda missed the wiiu gamepad display

They might have patched it / the system, I'm not really sure, but it happened a lot for me at launch and was a point of issue in reviews, I tried it on Xbox since it's on game pass but it rendered really bad contrast wise, and I kinda missed the wiiu gamepad display
I played it for the first time like last year, so I probably had a newer version on disc / patch / something like that. The Gamepad Display is one of the major selling points since it integrates it really well, I can see why the Xbox version wouldn't be the same.

Just received my used games from GameStop for $12 each and sadly received the first dirtiest game from them. At least they all came with artwork but damn this thing looked like someone used it to wipe their butt or something. Definitely throwin that case or trading it in lol

Damn, when did gs upgrade their tech? They can now trade ban for exceeding the limit on the same day you've exceeded them. It used to take a day to register.

Damn, when did gs upgrade their tech? They can now trade ban for exceeding the limit on the same day you've exceeded them. It used to take a day to register.
What limit? Trade credit $2,000? Cash $500? More than 4 copies of the same title within 30 days? Plenty of potential limits that you could have exceeded without being very specific. Some stores have updated to a new POS as well but its not global yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back