2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, multiple people have. Code doesn't work currently and no ETA for when it will if ever work.
anybody fight the issue instore or call gs about it, the bag came inside a baggie with my packing slip. seems like they made an effort to send it out, it would make sense they want you to use it, any thoughts

anybody fight the issue instore or call gs about it, the bag came inside a baggie with my packing slip. seems like they made an effort to send it out, it would make sense they want you to use it, any thoughts
I think that it will be a live promo but not until the Cash Same As Credit promo is over with. And the store manager could override it technically if they chose to do so. Obviously that YMMV.

Probably a glitch but I just traded 20 katamari sealed copies for $300 a piece, got it on a GC, neat stuff
tumblr_n1poeoTN4W1rnebg8o2_250.gif

Does anybody have any suggestions on what games to get with the B2G1?
Switch games, Nintendo first party games. Everything else will go on sale at some point. Buy 3 $54.99 switch games and they come out to around $37 a piece, its hard to find first party switch games for less than this.

Oh Gamestop you need to train your employees better...

So I bought that double pack bundle thing thats Dishonored 2/Prey and its supposed to be $19.99.. and even says it on the sticker on the front...

This girl proceeds to scan the front sticker and then scans the back barcode on the second game... I tell her I have a $5 GC (Was from that Bitmo Promo) she scans my phone and tells me its going to be $34 and some change..   

Im like its supposed to be $19.99 and I used a $5 GC so she says oh and rings up just the front and says ok your total is $21 something.. I said do you need to scan this GC again and she says no but she can so she does it and it comes up invalid....

So that original mess up scan redeemed my GC and even though it was voided that GC was still gone.....     

$5 is $5 and when its wiped out over stupidity that bothers me....

So I bought that double pack bundle thing thats Dishonored 2/Prey and its supposed to be $19.99.. and even says it on the sticker on the front...
This girl proceeds to scan the front sticker and then scans the back barcode on the second game... I tell her I have a $5 GC (Was from that Bitmo Promo) she scans my phone and tells me its going to be $34 and some change..

Im like its supposed to be $19.99 and I used a $5 GC so she says oh and rings up just the front and says ok your total is $21 something.. I said do you need to scan this GC again and she says no but she can so she does it and it comes up invalid....

So that original mess up scan redeemed my GC and even though it was voided that GC was still gone.....

Was the employees name jurai? :D

Anybody know if i buy two of the same clearance items that costs $30... (B1G1 free) and i use a 10$ cert.... will both items cost $20?

Does anyone know the start and end dates for the holiday return window? I think it was late October to like mid January but I cant seem to find the dates anywhere on the official site.

Does anyone know the start and end dates for the holiday return window? I think it was late October to like mid January but I cant seem to find the dates anywhere on the official site.
Found this on the holiday hub page:

Any product purchased between October 21 and December 24, 2018 may be returned with receipt by January 15, 2019.

Product must be in resale condition. Package for new product must be unopened.

Survey’d her up. You should let her know too so she’ll sweat a little while she wait for shitstorm from corporate.

For all the stupid and shitty practice enforce by GS, this is the one thing they have done that make any logical sense by GS standards.

Found this on the holiday hub page:

Any product purchased between October 21 and December 24, 2018 may be returned with receipt by January 15, 2019.

Product must be in resale condition. Package for new product must be unopened.
"Package for NEW product must be UNOPENED" only gamestop would slap a policy like that on something knowing damn well they sell opened shit and consider it new still.... This just makes me chuckle

I had a similar gc experience when placing an online order. I got an error at checkout and it cleared out my two $5 Bitmo gcs. I called GS support, they took the pending charges off of the gcs, had me try again, same problem. They got my gcs working again, asked me to try another browser, same error, gcs emptied. They fixed the gcs, had me place my order over the phone, the order went through, but after a few days cancelled itself. I had to call again to get the gcs back.

The problem with my order seems to have been buying a physical item (Diablo Amiibo) and digital code (PSN $20) in the same order. For whatever reason, ordering physical and digital together does not work well with GS. This last time on the phone, they got my gcs back, ordered the Amiibo alone, gave me free one day shipping, and now it seems to be working.

For the record, their phone support was really nice 4 of the 5 times I called (one guy wasn't helpful). You should give them a call to get the hold removed from that gc so you can use it again.

Trade ins get 20 points per dollar and and used purchase get 20 pets per dollar right?

Used my double points coupon and didn’t get as many as I thought I would, maybe the extra points take time?

I've had a certificate for a free Power Up Rewards Pro membership sitting on my account for an entire year.  I'm finally going to redeem it tomorrow.  I'm glad because I have gotten tired of GameStop associates mentioning it every time that I've made a purchase this year.  

If people don't shop at GameStop, it's because it's the only store where the employees get overly involved in your shopping experience.  The associates at Best Buy/Target/Walmart don't give a  :censored: about selling me memberships, warranties, and other  :censored: that I don't need.  But, the main reason that I don't often set foot in a brick and mortar GameStop store is that they ruin the shopping experience with their nagging.

Rant over.  Thanks for reading.

I've had a certificate for a free Power Up Rewards Pro membership sitting on my account for an entire year. I'm finally going to redeem it tomorrow. I'm glad because I have gotten tired of GameStop associates mentioning it every time that I've made a purchase this year.

If people don't shop at GameStop, it's because it's the only store where the employees get overly involved in your shopping experience. The associates at Best Buy/Target/Walmart don't give a :censored: about selling me memberships, warranties, and other :censored: that I don't need. But, the main reason that I don't often set foot in a brick and mortar GameStop store is that they ruin the shopping experience with their nagging.

Rant over. Thanks for reading.
well, target does get annoyingly pushy with the redcard, walmart registers push warranties, and best buy employees tend to get annoying trying to upsell everything, but gamestop is the only place where they want to dig around in your account and take 10 minutes to check out suggesting preorders, disc protection, etc. are you sure you dont want to preorder today? really? last chance to preorder blah blah...

I've made a pledge to not buy any video games in 2019, but I have this 20% off birthday coupon on my account. However, the used selection around me has been decimated. Consequence of no having any decent trade in bonuses.

Was looking to get Mario Odyssey, Mario Tennis Aces and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe but apparently Mario Kart is not available at any store or online.

I've made a pledge to not buy any video games in 2019, but I have this 20% off birthday coupon on my account. However, the used selection around me has been decimated. Consequence of no having any decent trade in bonuses.
Shall we start laying odds how long your pledge lasts for? I am guessing you will be out by the end of the January. ;)

I hear you, brother. I'm considering the possibility of not buying anymore games period after my birthday which is coming up in March. I've got enough now that I don't ever need to buy another one, and the physical copies take up too much damn space as it is. Hope you can stick to your goal, but I'm sure you can do it!

I hear you, brother. I'm considering the possibility of not buying anymore games period after my birthday which is coming up in March. I've got enough now that I don't ever need to buy another one, and the physical copies take up too much damn spaces as it is. Hope you can stick to your goal, but I'm sure you can do it!
How many do you have? I have about 30 physical and another 50 digital, that I haven't touched. It is time to reconsider my purchases.

How many do you have? I have about 30 physical and another 50 digital, that I haven't touched. It is time to reconsider my purchases.
I've been gaming since I was 3 years old. I own systems ranging from the Atari 2600 to the modern PS4 and Xbox One (the Switch doesn't interest me). So, the answer to that question is probably hundreds if not in the low thousands of games. But, I was a collector as well as a player for many years. My possible decision to get out of the video game buying/collecting game doesn't mean that I'm dumping anything that I already own. I just don't need to keep adding to the pile. I stopped buying collector's editions years ago because it's a fool's errand. I'll be 40 on my next birthday, and I probably need to focus more on increasing my retirement fund than buying more games that never get played. People talk about how they don't own digital games because of DRM or somesuch nonsense, but they forget that none of us are going to be able to take these games with us when it's all over.

I've had a certificate for a free Power Up Rewards Pro membership sitting on my account for an entire year. I'm finally going to redeem it tomorrow. I'm glad because I have gotten tired of GameStop associates mentioning it every time that I've made a purchase this year.

If people don't shop at GameStop, it's because it's the only store where the employees get overly involved in your shopping experience. The associates at Best Buy/Target/Walmart don't give a :censored: about selling me memberships, warranties, and other :censored: that I don't need. But, the main reason that I don't often set foot in a brick and mortar GameStop store is that they ruin the shopping experience with their nagging.

Rant over. Thanks for reading.
Every time I've asked them to do separate transactions, they won't do it. They talk their way out of doing it, or just ignore me and ring everything up at once. Pisses me off to no end, especially when I'm trying to use multiple certs, and I want to ensure that they all work together (I don't want to do on the fly calculations, as I do them before getting my stuff to make sure everything rings up at the right subtotal price). For whatever reason, they can't just do their job and ring crap up without commenting on something (the number of points you have, preorders you have open, etc.).

Trade ins get 20 points per dollar and and used purchase get 20 pets per dollar right?

Used my double points coupon and didn’t get as many as I thought I would, maybe the extra points take time?
3-5 days later and just looks like a duplicate of the same transaction in the same base amount in your history.

ie: I did a 10,821 point transaction Friday and a 10821 Tuesday, etc.

most games are about 10 -20 hrs long depending unless it a RPG, so technically you can get away with playing 300-320 games a year , of course you need to be rich not work or living in your mom's basement

most games are about 10 -20 hrs long depending unless it a RPG, so technically you can get away with playing 300-320 games a year , of course you need to be rich not work or living in your mom's basement
Wouldn't basement dwellers have the most time to play games?

Anyone else have issues with e-gift cards from Gamestop? I had 2 cards totaling $50 and their system rings one up as $5 lol ... I had to create an order manually with them via phone (omg -- that was painful and took 2 hours -- hold time and processing). 4 days later they cancel my order entirely stating it was lack of funds b/c their system (which they admit is broken) wouldn't read the pin #'s properly. Cards are still jacked up and tried again with them tonight (hold time immeasurable) to dup the order for a 2nd go-round. Fingers crossed. Uggh ... so frustrating! Okay, I'm done venting now. 

How doesn’t that “GameStop pay $20 less for any new game with trade of select games” promo work? If I trade in AC odyssey (eligible game) then I’d basically be getting $20 for it to use on any new game priced above $20? Or will I be getting whatever the trade value for the game is, plus the $20 off any new game?

So not worth it then. They’re just tryin to make it sound like you’re getting a deal on a game when u can just put whatever credit you get on any game

i dont think its a special deal, as much as an advertisement that you can get money for games

you have to understand that gamestop's main clientele is people who need to learn that information, possibly relearn it in returning visits

It's sad that people on here are buying the Katamari Switch game to flip it instead of playing. I checked today and no local stores have it in stock probably because all of the resellers on here and that other site bought it to flip instead of getting real jobs. All I wanted to do was to play it, but now I can't.

Oh well. I "ordered" two copies from eBay sellers and then had them cancel the orders just so that I could give them negative feedback for taking advantage. No way they should be marking it up several times past its MSRP cost. And both of the assholes have the nerve to demand that I remove the feedback.
You know you can buy the game digital right?

It's sad that people on here are buying the Katamari Switch game to flip it instead of playing. I checked today and no local stores have it in stock probably because all of the resellers on here and that other site bought it to flip instead of getting real jobs. All I wanted to do was to play it, but now I can't.

Oh well. I "ordered" two copies from eBay sellers and then had them cancel the orders just so that I could give them negative feedback for taking advantage. No way they should be marking it up several times past its MSRP cost. And both of the assholes have the nerve to demand that I remove the feedback.
Not sure what negative feedback you're gonna give them with that plan 'guy was selling game for profit on ebay F---- 0/5', that's probably more likely just gonna get your own account in trouble, it's also worth considering that the game dropped right in the middle of holiday season, and there's currently no confirmation that the game is not getting a reprint, I don't think the margin is likely worth it at $30 but who knows, maybe Gamestop will bite and do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back