2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone having issues with online certs not applying?

I've got two certs in my digital locker: a "$15 GameStop Online Cert (APR)" purchased last month, and a "$25 GameStop Online Cert (SEPT)" purchased in October. Expiration dates are well into 2019, but I can't seem to get either of them to apply to any type of in-stock item I put in my online cart right now. New items, pre-owned, current gen, last gen, retro.

I'm not combining it with any other other codes or promos other than my Elite membership. I'm aware that it's online only, and that it doesn't apply to digital content, preorders, gift cards, or bundles. I've tried multiple items, items below and above the value of both certs, and nothing seems to take. I even took a purchase all the way to the checkout screen to see if it would apply later, but I get this message:

The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description : Coupon : PUR Member $15 Off In-Stock Item - PowerUp Rewards Members Save $15 Off One Single In-Stock Item! Discount awarded on least expensive item. Online Only. Expires 7/31/2019
Thanks for any advice!

I had the same situation - a 10$ one that I selected for online only use that will never apply to anything. I've emailed customer support, as I don't want to live my life on their support call line, and expect an email anywhere from a month to infinity.

GameStop has pre-owned Starlink game cartridge only for $20 base price ($16 with elite). Pretty good price if you only want to play the game without the enhancements. Otherwise you can get the game and base toys for $30

Another person goes off in a Gamestop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdnBV-S-RXk

Becoming? What else would even come close?
I was referring to the way GS is now compared back to the late 90's and first decade of the 2000s. I actually use to like GS back in the day and shopped there a lot. I got tons of free preorder swag for new releases (physical swag, not digital codes for stuff that should be in the game anyways like they do nowadays). They used to carry retro games (SNES, N64, etc) in store that you could look over before buying at prices below ebay prices especially using their frequent B2G1 free sales. Hell, I used to work for Software Etc. before it was bought out by GS and then still worked there a little while after the buyout (mostly for the employee discount and first dibs on rare games that got traded in).

I didn't see or hear too many occasions of raucous customers like the video above or the one from a few weeks ago with the guy not getting his money back on Fallout 76 and tearing the store apart. I think the general population enjoyed shopping at GS, Babbages, Software Etc., and EB Games the first 15 years or so of its existence and as the years went on, the hatred of the policies, trade-in values, pushy sales tactics, and questionable actions such as opening all new reprinted copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy to sell as used at a higher price a few years ago just pushed consumers away.

When I was in college circa 2003, GameStop amd ebgames were so competitive that both stores would have great sales and trade in values. I miss those days.

When I was in college circa 2003, GameStop amd ebgames were so competitive that both stores would have great sales and trade in values. I miss those days.
Those days when EB had those crazy price drops during the day yo.

Also, I miss buying buying Room Zoom and Motor Trend Lotus challenge for $3 and then trading them in to FYE for $27 each.

Weekly ad shows far cry 5 for $15 and Assassin's Creed oddyssey for $25. Also Darksiders 3 for $40

I noticed this in the weekly ad email. Pre-owned sale starts this Friday.

SsE0ukU.png

So true. Employees were nicer and they would have fun events In store. I remember waiting until midnight for halo 2, then getting home at like 2 am and falling asleep cause I had class in the morning. Why did I go at midnight?

In before disappointment, BO 3 and CoD WW2 can be bought for 2/$20, $16 if your Elite pro
Unless something changed since yesterday, WW2 is only $15 on PS4. I wanted to do that exact pairing, but no dice since I don't have a ps4 and it's still $20 on Xbone.

Any chance these sales overlap?

Not quite as good as a B2G1, but with my Elite Pro running out I might still get some stuff.
It's better if you don't want 3 games because you have the same buy to discount ratio but with the requirement that you only have to get 2 games. The only way it's worse is if someone wants 3 games, rather than 2. I often struggle to find 3 similarly priced games at 1 store for these discounts.

So my favorite and most frequented Gamestop location in Manhattan New York is suddenly closing tomorrow.  Apparently the employees were very surprised too because, according to them, it is one of the most popular / high-performing stores in Manhattan.  And they were given only a week's notice, adding even more surprise.  Having a store in Manhattan obviously comes with high rent but they say it is certainly not rent or lease.  Hopefully this is not a start of Gamestop business restructuring.  Anybody's nearby store closing?

So my favorite and most frequented Gamestop location in Manhattan New York is suddenly closing tomorrow. Apparently the employees were very surprised too because, according to them, it is one of the most popular / high-performing stores in Manhattan. And they were given only a week's notice, adding even more surprise. Having a store in Manhattan obviously comes with high rent but they say it is certainly not rent or lease. Hopefully this is not a start of Gamestop business restructuring. Anybody's nearby store closing?
Which one????

Greenwich, downtown.
I'm not surprised by that at all. I always felt like GS was out of place in that area - it's literally next to City Hall and the World Trade Center. There's a Four Seasons hotel and Whole Foods nearby. And despite being downtown, they don't seem to get a lot of customers. It was always empty when I went.

Well, I don't think the employees will be fired, will they? Most will be relocated to other stores.

I'm not surprised by that at all. I always felt like GS was out of place in that area - it's literally next to City Hall and the World Trade Center. There's a Four Seasons hotel and Whole Foods nearby. And despite being downtown, they don't seem to get a lot of customers. It was always empty when I went.

Well, I don't think the employees will be fired, will they? Most will be relocated to other stores.
Two of the employees I spoke to said that they are "looking for a new job." Not sure if they were fired/let go or it was rather their decision. Anyhow, I just hope Gamestop continue in business. Believe it or not I will miss it.

It looks like Bendy got restocked at a lot of the stores in my area. Katamari is still wipes out completely.
Is Bendy any good? I like the style and would likely pick it up if I saw a physical copy on Switch.

You'd be surprised outside of Store and Assistant Managers I doubt they would be relocating anyone and even the managers are iffy.

Gamestop is notorious for stores not being allotted many hours each week. Most part-time employees are lucky to get scheduled more than 2-3 days a week. I'd expect a lot more Gamestop stores to start closing soon as well and they honestly need to do this in order to continue operating. So many Gamestop stores are within walking distance of one another due to the EB Games merger. I live within a mile of two Gamestop stores that are literally on opposite sides of the road. The local mall also has a store inside and the strip mall across the highway from the mall has a Gamestop store as well.

Same with me. Riverside location in Tulsa is closing down. That location wasnt very business and is extremely slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back