2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
32GB is not really enough any way. I got the 8GB because 1) I liked the white color (personally, I think the scratches are less noticeable on the white one); and 2) I'd rather save the money because the extra $50 (at the time) was not worth the extra few GBs, considering I'd need an external anyway.
Also the white one will probably end up being more 'rare' and have a higher value as time goes on - if youre into that sort of thing.

Does anyone know if the 7 day money back guarantee starts the day tracking shows your item has arrived at your door or the day you ordered online? I got one of the $80 new 3ds units but the shipping says it'll be 8 days. As far as I'm aware the 30 day guarantee is only for replacement rather than your money back, which is going to get a bit hairy given the obscurity of non-XL sized "New" 3DS units at Gamestop and in the US in general.
The clerk tried telling me that it was from date shipped and I told them that was impossible.
After a few seconds of staring at each other, he said he would do it as a one time favor.
The store I went to was a Prestige Store so you would think they would care more about customer service.
Obviously, ymmv.

The clerk tried telling me that it was from date shipped and I told them that was impossible.
After a few seconds of staring at each other, he said he would do it as a one time favor.
The store I went to was a Prestige Store so you would think they would care more about customer service.
Obviously, ymmv.
I never understand why some GameStop clerks act like it's a privilege to be a GameStop customer. Such a shitty experience.

There is one Gamestop that I go to sometimes that just does not understand their own return policy. It's always the same lady, too--I swear she's the only person that works there. I've returned some new games before and every single time she gives me a hard time about it being beyond 7 days. The problem with that is that is the used return policy, not new. I have argued; I have shown the return policy on the receipt; I have shown the return policy as stated on the website. This woman just will not listen and always pulls the "I'll do you this favor just this once" bit. I struggle with people being objectively wrong and not recognizing it, so these types of situations drive me crazy! 

I never understand why some GameStop clerks act like it's a privilege to be a GameStop customer. Such a shitty experience.
As a former Gamestop ASM I can tell you that a lot of Gamestop employees love saying things like this or "Should have pre-ordered" when they sell out of some obscure release that they only were sent 1-2 copies.

There is one Gamestop that I go to sometimes that just does not understand their own return policy. It's always the same lady, too--I swear she's the only person that works there. I've returned some new games before and every single time she gives me a hard time about it being beyond 7 days. The problem with that is that is the used return policy, not new. I have argued; I have shown the return policy on the receipt; I have shown the return policy as stated on the website. This woman just will not listen and always pulls the "I'll do you this favor just this once" bit. I struggle with people being objectively wrong and not recognizing it, so these types of situations drive me crazy!
That is one of my biggest pet peeves with companies. I hate when they pull that, and act like they are doing you this huge favor by honoring the company policy.

Is free 2-day shipping for Elite pro members no longer valid? Been trying since last night to buy something and it still comes up as $11. I had no problem with getting free 2 day on an order I placed a couple days ago.

Is free 2-day shipping for Elite pro members no longer valid? Been trying since last night to buy something and it still comes up as $11. I had no problem with getting free 2 day on an order I placed a couple days ago.
I've seen that a few times, and there are two possible solutions:

1) Log out then back in and try to check out. If you don't see Free 2-Day Shipping, try again (up to 3-4 times).

2) Wait a few hours because Gamestop's website is archaic and prone to crapping out.

Wonder how that works for preorders. Have both Kingdom Hearts Deluxe and PS4 Pro pre-ordered. Already paid for both. That's nearly 30k points right there, but I feel like they fight somehow screw people out of that if they pre-ordered something.
I don't think you get points on pre-orders until you pick it up after release, IIRC, so you should be good

Anyone pick up a WiiU for $80? Condition? I'm curious if I should pick up the one I have on hold or wait for CL deals.
Wii u seems like it's pretty easy to fix. I replaced the triggers, action buttons, and d-pad in 30 minutes or so. Modding it was also ridiculoualy easy. Haven't taken the console apart though

Most likely it is a specific item in your cart that is incorrectly coded on their website as disallowing free shipping. During holiday season this happened on several different titles, e.g. Tetris Effect new and Battlefield V new, which prevented some people from buying (including myself). Unfortunately, there is no fix.

Got notification the RE2 CE shipped. Expected Delivery..... Monday.
This may work to your benefit! Call customer support snd they might actually take some money off. With my RE7 CE it was a week late and they automatically took off $50 and even let me "rent" the game Day 1. All I did was return the sealed copy that came with my CE

GameStop tweeted something about double points.

https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/1088515540975529984?s=19
I just received an email about this as well. I assume I would still get points based on my membership at time of purchase as my Elite Pro expires in a few days.

I have a question about console warranties. I purchased a RDR PS4 Pro back when it came out (October 3rd) and got a two-year product protection plan alongside the console purchase. Just recently I discovered the "My Pre-Orders" tab on the Power Up Rewards website and upon going through it I can see the purchase of the console among other Pre-Orders I have made over the last few months. That being said, the console warranty is showing up listed as "Product Replacement Plan - Under $100 Florida Residents" which is not only the wrong amount since the console costed $400, but I also don't live in Florida and the picture of the warranty shows a one year product page.

Is this something I should be going back to the store and asking around or do I have to call customer support? Or is it nothing to worry about? I hate that I didn't notice it until now, but don't want to run into issues if/when I replace the system. I still have my original receipt FWIW.

those of you that had rewards points stolen and left with negative points...

Im wondering did you also get in on the glitch over the holidays where reward certificates were multi-use and werent being deleted? 

wondering if its GS doing this on purpose to 'correct' the effects of the glitch...

Just a brief follow up on having ordered Smash Bros, Mario Maker and Pokken Tournament for Wii U, they all worked after testing them out for about an hour game time each and all 3 came with the case, and Smash had the manual. I am pleasantly surprised by GS today.

Just a brief follow up on having ordered Smash Bros, Mario Maker and Pokken Tournament for Wii U, they all worked after testing them out for about an hour game time each and all 3 came with the case, and Smash had the manual. I am pleasantly surprised by GS today.
Similar experience here. I put Super Mario Galaxy and Super Paper Mario for Wii on hold the other day during the B1G1 50% off. When I picked them up, both were in good condition original cases complete with manuals and no disc scratches. Very surprised!

If I did have points stolen from my account (15,000), is my best bet having to wait forever on the phone?  It says to email [email protected] for these issues, but I've heard nothing after three emails since January 8.

I got an excellent condition CIB Metroid Prime Trilogy but it smells like years of cigar smoke (not cigarette, but cigar). Kinda bummed
Try putting the game, inserts, and case into a Zip-Loc bag with baking soda in it and leave it sealed for about a week. Barring that, try cleaning the case with rubbing alcohol and leaving it to dry.

I got an excellent condition CIB Metroid Prime Trilogy but it smells like years of cigar smoke (not cigarette, but cigar). Kinda bummed
I used to run into this with Yu-Gi-Oh cards pretty regularly at garage sales. I usually had really good results by putting them in an empty shoe box with crumbled newspaper for a week or so.

If I did have points stolen from my account (15,000), is my best bet having to wait forever on the phone? It says to email [email protected] for these issues, but I've heard nothing after three emails since January 8.
Yes, calling is the only way I've gotten a response. I emailed repeatedly the first time it happened, to no avail. Calling required about 25 minutes on hold waiting, but at least got a response.

They cancelled my Kingdom Hearts PS4 Pro this morning. I changed my credit card last week, and instead of emailing me saying there was a billing issue or whatever, they just cancelled it. I don't know why I'd expect any less.

They cancelled my Kingdom Hearts PS4 Pro this morning. I changed my credit card last week, and instead of emailing me saying there was a billing issue or whatever, they just cancelled it. I don't know why I'd expect any less.
They have always done that. I once preordered a game 6 months before release using a gift card in addition to my credit card. I stupidly used the gift card a couple months later in store forgetting I used it in the preorder. Fast forward months later and my CE game was cancelled and all I got was an email stating so. I called customer service and found out the reason to be the used giftcard and therefore I didn't pay the total for the preorder. I need to throw away the gift card once I use it on online preorders as they don't charge till close to release date.

This happened to a friend of mine with the Pokémon Switch. She called and explained the situation, and they re-ordered it and gave her free 1-day shipping.

That is extremely unfair. I'm sorry. Hopefully a call will somehow help get this fixed.

Anyone ever had an issue with stores not getting enough of a pre-order?   Went to pick up my RE2 Deluxe Edition pre-order this morning and the store was supposedly short a few copies for Xbox One.   They offered to give me a standard edition and refund $10, but turned it down.  Just wanted a refund and got the DM's number to call and left a message explaining why I'll never pre-order from GS again due to this.   

Yeah, I know there's only a $5 difference between the deluxe edition and just buying the DLC through the Microsoft store, but it's the point that I had this pre-ordered and the store didn't get enough.  Although it's starting to make me wonder the employees were just hoarding a few pre-ordered copies for themselves.  If so, hopefully they won't be there much longer.

Going to Best Buy in about an hour to pick one up there, as a local one had it in stock and was available for in store pick-up today.

Try putting the game, inserts, and case into a Zip-Loc bag with baking soda in it and leave it sealed for about a week. Barring that, try cleaning the case with rubbing alcohol and leaving it to dry.
Pretty much every used console I've bought from Craigslist smells of smoke. I have an Xbox I bought that still smells like smoke after several years of being in a clean, smoke-free environment. It's like the plastic absorbed the smell. Will have to try this.

Anyone ever had an issue with stores not getting enough of a pre-order? Went to pick up my RE2 Deluxe Edition pre-order this morning and the store was supposedly short a few copies for Xbox One. They offered to give me a standard edition and refund $10, but turned it down. Just wanted a refund and got the DM's number to call and left a message explaining why I'll never pre-order from GS again due to this.

Yeah, I know there's only a $5 difference between the deluxe edition and just buying the DLC through the Microsoft store, but it's the point that I had this pre-ordered and the store didn't get enough. Although it's starting to make me wonder the employees were just hoarding a few pre-ordered copies for themselves. If so, hopefully they won't be there much longer.

Going to Best Buy in about an hour to pick one up there, as a local one had it in stock and was available for in store pick-up today.
It happens sometimes. Last night I had some people who preordered original and they switched to deluxe. And they got into group one. We only received 2 additional copies of each version so we completely sold out of deluxe. It's pretty messed up but it's something that happens, I would probably just have them transfer your preorder to another store that has it on stock

Pretty much every used console I've bought from Craigslist smells of smoke. I have an Xbox I bought that still smells like smoke after several years of being in a clean, smoke-free environment. It's like the plastic absorbed the smell. Will have to try this.
Baking soda absorbs odors over time. If you try that method, you might need to leave the Xbox unattended and sealed for a week or two for it to work. Baking soda will also absorb moisture as well. I had a ceiling collapse in an apartment that I was staying in several years ago, and I put a lot of smaller items that had gotten damp into smaller Zip-Loc bags with baking soda poured into the bags, and it dried them out and left no odors. Barring that, you could take the Xbox apart and wipe down the parts of the case with rubbing alcohol, but obviously, opening an Xbox will void the warranty. The case parts will also need to be left to dry long enough before reassembling so that you don't electrocute yourself. There are tutorials online that will show you how to do it. I've taken a couple of original Xboxes apart to remove their leaking clock capacitors, and you will need to get the right tools for that kind of a job.

Edit: You also won't be able to trade it in at GameStop if you open it (figured I'd better mention that since this is the GameStop thread).

Glad to see more stores and even the website has more katamari and the false hype train ran out of fuel. I still say the controls need fixed in that game.

Can't wait for Gamestop to flood the market with Katamaris!  Hopefully they waited until after the return window for the restock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back