2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So apparently I can't get free shipping on preowned Joy Cons despite being Elite Pro.
Cheapest value shipping is $7..
Any ideas on how to circumvent this bullshit?

I played Siege on and off from its release until last summer. I still have the game, just got burned out from playing it so much. It's a lot of fun, but there's a pretty steep learning curve to it. You also have to really be committed to team play since running and gunning like a lone wolf will get you smoked really fast.
If you're new to Siege you will get destroyed for a very long time .

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I played Siege on and off from its release until last summer. I still have the game, just got burned out from playing it so much. It's a lot of fun, but there's a pretty steep learning curve to it. You also have to really be committed to team play since running and gunning like a lone wolf will get you smoked really fast.

If you're new to Siege you will get destroyed for a very long time .

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the input, I'll pass on it. Sounds like in order to really learn how to play I should have picked it up at launch.

I really want Gamestop to survive.  If it disappears, it will certainly hurt our wallets one way or another.  But at the same time I cannot think of a single realistic way to revive the business.  It does seem doomed and it seems only a matter of time.

The fact of the matter is that many more gamers, including me, got used to digitals, subscriptions, and online shops.  So the 'unrealistic' ways Gamestop can survive are:

--

1) Suddenly pull off becoming a Steam-like digital storefront that sells PC games and all console games at more competitive prices than Steam, Nintendo eshop, PSN store and Microsoft

2) Do all-you-can-play subscription for preowned games and somehow make profits (proven unrealistic since they were gonna do this last year but pulled last minute)

3) Provide better value online shopping than Amazon and Best Buy, with guaranteed 2 day shipping and much more aggressive prices, with GCU-like benefit for new games (but even Best Buy couldn't maintain this model)

--

I can also think of short-term cash flow such as having Amazon drop boxes in retail locations because Gamestop sure does have many, and mixing in other convenience store-like business such as lottery or cigarettes or whatever, or even hot dogs...  Or pull in more advertising revenues by having ads on preowned game cases...  I don't know.  Nothing seems good enough to keep this business.

I'm just blabbering here without much good because, being a relatively older person, I know I will miss it.  I still miss Blockbusters.  I really do.  And I know I will miss Gamestop even more.

1) Suddenly pull off becoming a Steam-like digital storefront that sells PC games and all console games at more competitive prices than Steam, Nintendo eshop, PSN store and Microsoft
This is exactly what they should have tried to do 10-15 years ago as a counterpart to their console physical sales. There is no way they can compete with Steam, Epic, and Microsoft on that playing field now.

Ugh, for a PUR I picked "GameStop.com Reward Certificate - $5 Off One Single In-Stock Item" "Online Only" and it is having issues.

So I picked the "online only" one, went to "My digital locker," got the code, I entered the code in "Promotional Code," and when I get to billing:

The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :

Coupon : PUR Member $5 Off In-Stock Item - PowerUp Rewards Members Save $5 Off One Single In-Stock Item! Discount awarded on least expensive item. Online Only.
No matter what I do, even if I try it with just one item and that item is "Usually ships in 24 hours."

I noticed that my while I got the reward code, my points haven't been deducted. Funny thing is, I think I used the NON-online-only option the last time I tried this, since it worked and in my history my points were deducted 5,000. The "online only" ones show up if you select "all categories" or "Digital currency."

So, Is that 800 number the only way of contacting them?

Ugh, for a PUR I picked "GameStop.com Reward Certificate - $5 Off One Single In-Stock Item" "Online Only" and it is having issues.

So I picked the "online only" one, went to "My digital locker," got the code, I entered the code in "Promotional Code," and when I get to billing:

No matter what I do, even if I try it with just one item and that item is "Usually ships in 24 hours."

I noticed that my while I got the reward code, my points haven't been deducted. Funny thing is, I think I used the NON-online-only option the last time I tried this, since it worked and in my history my points were deducted 5,000. The "online only" ones show up if you select "all categories" or "Digital currency."

So, Is that 800 number the only way of contacting them?
I just redeemed for an online $25 coupon and the code was not valid. I had to call the 800 number, 30 minutes later had my points back. The rep told me that it is a common problem and even recommended I didn't redeem for another because if it didn't work to get my points back would be even more of a hassle for me to get back... He also said there is obviously some kind of recurring issue with these online only coupons. But yes, the 800 number will help you out.

Gamestop refurbished PS4 exposed!

https://youtu.be/ukqYB_hp6OI
Actually saving up for a PS4 right now and that's exactly why I'm just getting a new one. Rather pay the extra $50 for a new one to get a longer warranty from Sony and not have a console with missing parts or a controller with someone's hand cheese all over it. Ugh, god that's disgusting.

Actually saving up for a PS4 right now and that's exactly why I'm just getting a new one. Rather pay the extra $50 for a new one to get a longer warranty from Sony and not have a console with missing parts or a controller with someone's hand cheese all over it. Ugh, god that's disgusting.
GS Premium refurbished? Not exactly, the video shows that the PS4 was missing at least 5 screws, old dry thermal paste. Also missing was the thermal pads!

So I still haven't received my points for the Kingdom Hearts 3 PS4 Pro, and I was hoping to use those tomorrow to take $15-20 off the price of the Ghost Recon Wildlands CE they have available for $47. I don't recall it ever taking more than 2 days before, should I give them a call or does it sometimes take several days before posting? I got the Resident Evil 2 points like the second the item was showing as delivered.

I just redeemed for an online $25 coupon and the code was not valid. I had to call the 800 number, 30 minutes later had my points back. The rep told me that it is a common problem and even recommended I didn't redeem for another because if it didn't work to get my points back would be even more of a hassle for me to get back... He also said there is obviously some kind of recurring issue with these online only coupons. But yes, the 800 number will help you out.
I was thinking of redeeming some points for an online cert, but based on these reports, I definitely will not be attempting that.

I'll buy a used game but with hardware, be it system or controller, it seems like you're just buying someone else's problem. So many people trying to pass off stuff that's on its last legs just before it dies.

Side note, already I have 6 different Kingdom Hearts 3 copies used withing 80 miles of me, so it looks like that one won't be hard to find either.
I have traded in systems and games that were in mint condition (bought during black Friday for cheap) because they had a high trade in value at the time. I know I am in the minority when it comes to trading in items in good condition.

GS is insane. I want to order a couple 3DS systems and a controller on the website and it wants to charge me like $15 shipping even with elite. Wtf? That's the highest I've seen.

I'd rather get a new console because 1) I like them to be scratch-free; and 2) I usually get them dirt cheap through sales. But if your reasoning is for a longer warranty...

You can get a 2 year warranty for $30 from GS. The Sony one is only for a year. Plus Gamestop lets you go into a store to get a replacement immediately. For Sony you have to mail it in and wait like 2 weeks (at least that's how it was when my PSP stopped working)

Received my copy of Katamari finally. Took 4 days to ship with 2 day shipping. Came from Kentucky in flimsy thin cardboard, not even a bubble padded envelope. Luckily it was still one piece.

Received my copy of Katamari finally. Took 4 days to ship with 2 day shipping. Came from Kentucky in flimsy thin cardboard, not even a bubble padded envelope. Luckily it was still one piece.
Same here. Long ship time, flimsy cardboard.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Has anyone received an email with a coupon for 20% off anything in store because one of their local stores closed? Is it valid only at the new store in the email or any store? Tia.

Has anyone received an email with a coupon for 20% off anything in store because one of their local stores closed? Is it valid only at the new store in the email or any store? Tia.
I received it last week when my local store was closed, and I just used it a few days ago. I did go to the store specified in the email though, so I'm not sure if it'll work in other stores. The 20% discount applied after Elite Pro discounts so I was able to buy 5 pre-owned games (5 was the maximum for my coupon) for pretty deep discounts.

Store by work had 50% off clearance items, picked up an overwatch plush then he gave me an overwatch figure free for filling out the survey to help with their prestige stuff

Never had a paid membership for Gamestop before. If you subscribe to the pro membership do you get any discounts when purchasing pre-owned systems? I’m thinking about getting a pre-owned PS3. Anyone know?

Never had a paid membership for Gamestop before. If you subscribe to the pro membership do you get any discounts when purchasing pre-owned systems? I’m thinking about getting a pre-owned PS3. Anyone know?
The 10% off (pro member discount) only applies to games and accessories. If memory serves me well it has never applied to pre-owned consoles/handheld systems.

Went and picked up that Ghost Recon: Wildlands CE for $47 from Gamestop, that box is HUGE. Was not expecting that. Used a few reward certs and snagged it for $30 - figured was definitely worth it at that price.

I'm Pro and ordered through the app on my phone and got free value shipping with $55 before discounts, $35 after, and got my shipping confirmation for 2/6.

In the future, there will be no face to face interaction. Even though I hate up selling from GS, it would be pretty boring to not have that customer interaction when picking up a game.

We will all be boring customers using deliver to home instead of going in B&M. Of course there are cons of shipping (damaged items received, loose disc, not seeing what exactly what your getting) KB Toys, Circuit City, Blockbuster, RadioShack, Toys R Us, Sears, what's next? The writing is on the wall with retail B&M failing...

https://youtu.be/sPD-qD0urYA

What comes in the box?
12 inch tall Triforce statue, copy of the gold editon of the game in a normal case, a steelbook, a couple little patches and a lithograph.

Got it mainly for the statue steelbook and season pass.

Statue has some serious weight to it as well, about as heavy as the Marcus Fenix GOW 3 CE statue.

Did the Xbox One Gold Edition of Ghost Recon Wildlands redeem the full game from the voucher or just the season pass.
Good question, I'll test it out tonight and report back.

Edit: lol redeems full gold game. So you could buy this and resell or trade the disc without losing anything

Found out today that certs no longer work on uber cards. Still work on other cards though as far as I know.
Did you try them out on those $45 blister packs? In the past, I think they worked on those or at least they did with credit iirc.

12 inch tall Triforce statue, copy of the gold editon of the game in a normal case, a steelbook, a couple little patches and a lithograph.

Got it mainly for the statue steelbook and season pass.

Statue has some serious weight to it as well, about as heavy as the Marcus Fenix GOW 3 CE statue.
Looked up some unboxings online and not one of them shows that it comes with a gold edition copy of the game. Just a steelbook with nothing in it

Edit: just saw a video titled GameStop exclusive and it had the gold edition game. I guess only if you buy it at GameStop it includes the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back