2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been trying all day and i am also elite and i cannot get the free shipping. i wanted to buy a lot of wii u games but it wont give me free shipping. i tried adding xbox and switch games and nothing works.
For everyone asking about not getting free shipping - log out of your account, clear your browser cookies, log back into your account.

See what happens then.

Looked up some unboxings online and not one of them shows that it comes with a gold edition copy of the game. Just a steelbook with nothing in it

Edit: just saw a video titled GameStop exclusive and it had the gold edition game. I guess only if you buy it at GameStop it includes the game?
Correct, GS CE had the game & also a different statue than Amazon CE (Ghost guy vs. South American Grim Reaper.)

Depends on the hard drive size, 500GB is $70, 1TB is $85. Original Xbox One and S Models really are not netting that much TIV as they don't sell as well as PS4s used(OG PS4s are still getting $150). Honestly, you're better off keeping it and using it as a streaming device or a spare system if you're wanting an XB1X.
I would wait a week or two before falling to despair for GS’s annual tax refund deals to see if something changes, but unfortunately Xellos you missed the 3 best upgrade deals (X launch in 2017, Spring & Fall 2018 deals.)

Holy shit two season passes? and the super big jumbo edition does not come with the full game... Ugh industry is in a worse slide then it seemed...
Many ongoing service games have multiple season passes now: R6 Siege is on No. 4, Ghost Recon is on No. 2, SF V had 3 plus maybe a fourth?, MK X, DBZ Fighterz, & Tekken 6 each had two, how many expansions has Destiny 1/2 had, plus how many seasons of outfits did DOA 5 have? (It’s in double digits.)

It was a question, dick. I'm asking do I get the store credit still if I buy the game and return it.
You'll probably get the most accurate answer by asking Gamestop directly. You'll get a faster response if you ask their Twitter account.

I think I might just place the order and then bitch at CS for a 10k rewards points. I'm paying with giftcards anyways so its not like I'm out the cash...I really don't want to spend time on the phone though. Can I just email or chat with CS?
No. I've gone literally - literally - months between email replies. You have to suck it up and spend the 20 minutes on hold for a phone rep.

After Fallout 76 released, they were doing the same $10 credit with purchase promo while the game was on sale for $39.99. I bought it, got the $10 credit, and then traded it back in just before the $30 guarantee expired. So I effectively rented it for a month for free. It might not be free money like you're getting at, but it worked for me not getting stuck paying any money for that turd, but I would have traded it in regardless because CAGs gotta CAG. Since New Dawn is $39.99 at launch, I imagine it will be the same situation.

But, to answer you're question. Of course you could do that. You have a 30 return policy for new games but the $10 credit comes in 7 days. Use the credit, then return the game. They can't take the credit back after you use it, and the receipt isn't going to say anything about it so the cashier won't know/care.

For everyone unable to get free shipping with Elite.  Adding the Elite discount to your order literally removes the ability to get free shipping, having the 4 dollar option then become the cheapest.

Order without Elite number : free Edge shipping; double-back and add Elite while changing nothing else : no more free shipping.

That's quite a "Screw You" to people who still have Elite.

For everyone unable to get free shipping with Elite. Adding the Elite discount to your order literally removes the ability to get free shipping, having the 4 dollar option then become the cheapest.

Order without Elite number : free Edge shipping; double-back and add Elite while changing nothing else : no more free shipping.

That's quite a "Screw You" to people who still have Elite.
Wow that's messed up. Glad I placed my order on Sunday. Free 2 day shipping and cag16 stacked with Elite

There are a couple stores near me that close at 8pm. And of course Sunday, it's usually 6pm.
Hold up.. so its not just Oklahoma where Gamestop closes at 6pm on Sundays?? That bit of information actually makes me feel a bit better somehow! Hahaha no joke i thought Oklahoma was so rural that everything just closed early on Sunday because of how religious it is out here! Thanks for that man

Hold up.. so its not just Oklahoma where Gamestop closes at 6pm on Sundays?? That bit of information actually makes me feel a bit better somehow! Hahaha no joke i thought Oklahoma was so rural that everything just closed early on Sunday because of how religious it is out here! Thanks for that man
Yep, my local store in rural PA (before it closed for good) used to close at 6pm on Sundays.

Pretty sure closing early on Sundays is a nationwide thing for all retailers besides Target, Walmart, and the like.

Monday through Saturday most of the Gamestops around me close at 8pm, but there are a few mall locations that stay open until 9pm.

On Sunday, most GS stores near me close at 6pm, there's 1 in mall that's open until 7pm, and then there's 1 random store in a strip mall that stays open until 8pm.   

It's awesome to have the Sunday 8pm option when you need it (and it has saved me so many times during trade bump weekends) but it's also like the worst store to go to because most employees there are just flat out dicks.   They love to do things like tell you that you can't put $5 down for a preorder to trigger a trade bump promo and that you have to pay in full, or the 1 time I was allowed to pay a partial deposit they told me that if I didn't pick up the game I couldn't get refunded and the guy actually noted that on the preorder (confirmed to me by friendlier employees in other stores).   But when the trade promos were amazing, it was a great option for a procrastinator like me.

FYI I sent in a help request using the mobile app to get my shipping charge refunded and support wrote me back same day to tell me they issued a refund. 

I bought 3 games last week when they were doing buy 2 get 1 free on VINTAGE disc based games. Surprise, surprise, one doesn't work- and of  course it's the free one! How does a return of a "free" game work?

I thought about ordering another copy, hoping it works, and using that receipt to return the defective one, but every time I add it (mario kart double dash) to cart and go to checkout, I get a message stating it's not in stock.

I bought 3 games last week when they were doing buy 2 get 1 free on VINTAGE disc based games. Surprise, surprise, one doesn't work- and of course it's the free one! How does a return of a "free" game work?

I thought about ordering another copy, hoping it works, and using that receipt to return the defective one, but every time I add it (mario kart double dash) to cart and go to checkout, I get a message stating it's not in stock.
Oh man! Same thing happened to me on the same game. You're best bet is to wait until it's in stock, order it full price and return it using that receipt. I did the same thing before. Mine was the full price one, so I'm just returning it (and better off for it).

I bought 3 games last week when they were doing buy 2 get 1 free on VINTAGE disc based games. Surprise, surprise, one doesn't work- and of course it's the free one! How does a return of a "free" game work?

Return all 3. That's supposed to be their policy when returning b2g1 games anyway. Cant return 1 without returning all three.

Oh man! Same thing happened to me on the same game. You're best bet is to wait until it's in stock, order it full price and return it using that receipt. I did the same thing before. Mine was the full price one, so I'm just returning it (and better off for it).
That's called return fraud.

YMMV - some gamestops will just exchange it for a working one. I had this happen before and the regular gamestop i go to let me exchange it.

People were saying it froze their credit on trade cards. Sorry if I'm being an alarmist, as I've never done it before. There was some posts about it many threads ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back