2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap. I just did it.
What should I do now?
I would probably just leave it. I did it a while back and it said I had credit but when it gave me the card number they showed up as zero balance. But I never actually lost any credit on my other trade cards either. I guess some people lost credit but as long as you have the credit you started with don't worry about it.

I'd recommend people don't click the link to check if they have credit leftover. My power up rewards card got frozen around April when the link showed up around here. Had to call costumer service several times as even they didn't know what was going on. A lot of people had issues according to them.

Either way, my card isn't fully functional yet. The app never shows up how much credit I have on it while my buddy's updates on the spot.

Rick and morty virtual Rick-ality collectors edition I believe got converted to pre owned. I saw a store had 2 complete in the box with the pre owned price 29.99.

Has anyone tried doing a web in store for Elite members? Did they still charge for shipping in store or is it free? 

There hasn’t been a trade in promo in almost a year
I am not defending GS, but considering the number of people here who abused the system, it's no surprise. The last one I remember people abusing the hell out of was the $5 extra TIC w/ any preorder. People had like 10+ pre-orders, that they were openly admitting here that they planned on cancelling out down the road. Same with the trade in promos that offered 40% if you put money down. People were putting $5 down and then rolling the preorder into something else down the line or cancelling.

Something had to give.

I am not defending GS, but considering the number of people here who abused the system, it's no surprise. The last one I remember people abusing the hell out of was the $5 extra TIC w/ any preorder. People had like 10+ pre-orders, that they were openly admitting here that they planned on cancelling out down the road. Same with the trade in promos that offered 40% if you put money down. People were putting $5 down and then rolling the preorder into something else down the line or cancelling.

Something had to give.
This exactly, plus the it all hit the fan during the well publicized flipageddon. Thankfully I managed to keep and pay off most of my pre-orders during the $5 w/ any trade and pre-order promo.

A local game store that I go to had to change their policy on returned items. They went from giving cash back to giving store credit because people were abusing the system.

I know employees were pissed about all those cancelled pre orders but executives got what they wanted which was the need for shoppers to come back to the store to cancel, use the money on another purchase, get pestered with emails about the game promoting DLC etc even after the cancellation, artificially making the company look successful and all the typical Big Data mining they get out of the customer for that $5.

Sooo, never trust a Gamestop employee's word on the condition of a used item you have on reserve. I drove 30+ minutes on the word of a clerk who said the used Xbone Volcano Shadow controller I had on hold was in excellent condition. 

The dpad had marks all around it like someone had gone at it with a screw driver, and it barely functioned, lacking almost all 'clicky'ness. 

In addition, the 'shinyness' that's associated with the shadow controllers was all but worn off, at least compared to my immaculate condition Ocean Shadow one. 

Sooo, never trust a Gamestop employee's word on the condition of a used item you have on reserve. I drove 30+ minutes on the word of a clerk who said the used Xbone Volcano Shadow controller I had on hold was in excellent condition.

The dpad had marks all around it like someone had gone at it with a screw driver, and it barely functioned, lacking almost all 'clicky'ness.

In addition, the 'shinyness' that's associated with the shadow controllers was all but worn off, at least compared to my immaculate condition Ocean Shadow one.
Ha, GS employees can't even trust each other's word.

I went to a local store when Dakar 18 was on sale and their "new" copy was gutted to display of course as all local copies were. They called a store that was a hundred miles away give or take and asked if they had a sealed new copy. They were told yes and transferred it to the local store. I went to pick it up and unsurprisingly the "new" copy saved in the back for me was not in fact sealed. Went to Best Buy and price matched the website.

I feel like Target has been trying to do this lately only to be thwarted by the fact they put "Was" pricing on the same label. That or they really are just idiots.

Well I did receive a reseal of a game that was advertised as “new” through their website. Kinda annoyed but at least it came with everything and the code inside

So did no one look at my pic or is it common knowledge that people are still getting the elite discount even though their elite has ended and they are only pro members now?

So did no one look at my pic or is it common knowledge that people are still getting the elite discount even though their elite has ended and they are only pro members now?
As long as you still have Elite you still get the discount. Might change down the road but for now everything is the same.

His picture says his Pro ends then - he's saying that he's not an Elite member anymore but still getting the discount for it. People need to be more clear in their posts, because everyone here gets easily confused.

Based on the timing of last month's Most Wanted promo, are we expecting the SB this coming weekend?  For some reason I have it stuck in my head that last month's was the second to last weekend of the month as opposed to the last weekend of the month.

The last gamestop that carried retro stuff in my area is now closing down :|

Crazy part is they had great sales, and were constantly a prestige store. Sadly their rent went 

I really wish they'd roll out retro stuff to more stores, I really like seeing the condition of items before I buy them.

The site isn't letting me complete the transaction.  I deleted my browser history.  Am I missing something?  I have 27 items in my cart and the last time it worked, I did several small transactions.

Edit:  Bought 12 instead of 27 and it worked!  Screwy Gamestop!

His picture says his Pro ends then - he's saying that he's not an Elite member anymore but still getting the discount for it. People need to be more clear in their posts, because everyone here gets easily confused.
Exactly. My elite ended last December and so I joined as a Pro member. Yet for some reason I'm still getting the Elite 20% discount online.

2lbcnbs.jpg

This is currently on  Gamestop's homepage. It's got to be a mistake, right?

Probably legit. Any recommendations?

I see plenty of good last gen games.

PS3:

GTA V

Kingdom Hearts 1.5

Kingdom Hearts 2.5

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition

Fallout 3 GOTY

Arkham City GOTY

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

God of War Collection

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD

Wii U

Bayonetta 2

Shovel Knight

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

3DS

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

Project X Zone

Project X Zone 2

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker

Puzzle & Dragons + Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros

Pokemon Rumble Blast

Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars

Was told yesterday 2 for $20 was done and 4 for $10 under $4.99 starts today. If it's $9.99 even better!
Sorry to burst some of the excitement, but I was just in my store and all the signage says the 4 for 10 is for $4.99 and under games. The code on the signs says its from Feb 11 - Feb 24.

Didn't bother asking to test it because I didn't have time. My guess is that someone put up the wrong banner on the website (like usual)

Sorry to burst some of the excitement, but I was just in my store and all the signage says the 4 for 10 is for $4.99 and under games. The code on the signs says its from Feb 11 - Feb 24.

Didn't bother asking to test it because I didn't have time. My guess is that someone put up the wrong banner on the website (like usual)
Ya I wasn't holding my breath. I know better than to go get suckered in for the usual GameStop let down

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back