2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can thank me for the trade promo, my Elite membership expired yesterday so I unloaded pretty much everything I had except Red Dead 2, which I still hate and feel like I should trade in too (but don’t have 4 other games to trade in).

So the 5 or more for 30% bump is the base for people not members of anything?
Well, I think you can be a member of the local Kiwanis or a Credit Union and still get the 30%.

But specifically, no, you do not need to be at any tier of membership at Gamestop to get the 30% additional trade credit.

Sigh. If only my huge pile of last gen games would go up in TIV just a bit....

For anyone interested in taking advantage of the $25 extra console trade-in offer, you should probably do it today before those $200 TIV values from last promo drop back down.

is there a way to check what games are availible on the website at the store nearest to me without having to click on each game seperatly and check availibility? like set a home store or something and see all whats avaible..? trying to get some 4 for $20 games but everyone i click on is no where near me and im wasting alot of time clicking on a ton of games...

is there a way to check what games are availible on the website at the store nearest to me without having to click on each game seperatly and check availibility? like set a home store or something and see all whats avaible..? trying to get some 4 for $20 games but everyone i click on is no where near me and im wasting alot of time clicking on a ton of games...
Your best bet is to go to your store and have them print you a list.

I wonder how/why customers/gamestop see these as actual good deals. You're saving money if you're the customer, and if you're gamestop I highly doubt you're making any profit due to this, but I don't understand how it's good for either. Most sub $10 games are just backlog games never to be played. The game selection is absolutely atrocious. $20 for 2 under $15 isn't a deal if the game selection for the "deal" is garbage. Same with this 4 for $10 BS. Why not just call it a last gen sale and take 50% off all last gen games?

I wonder how/why customers/gamestop see these as actual good deals. You're saving money if you're the customer, and if you're gamestop I highly doubt you're making any profit due to this. The game selection is absolutely atrocious. $20 for 2 under $15 isn't a deal if the game selection for the "deal" is garbage. Same with this 4 for $10 BS. Why not just call it a last gen sale and take 50% off all last gen games?
Most of these "deals" are just to get people through the door. Once the customer figures out that there is only garbage for $4.99 or less, GameStop hopes they will buy something else since they already made the trip.

4/10 is happening. Was just in a store that had signage up. Didn't take a picture though.
It's happening but sadly, because Gamestop, there was confusion about which games would be included. The site said $9.99 and less while the in-store signs I saw said $4.99 and less.

EDIT: I just looked and the site has been updated to reflect that it's only for games less than $5. Someone just uploaded the wrong banner

Most of these "deals" are just to get people through the door. Once the customer figures out that there is only garbage for $4.99 or less, GameStop hopes they will buy something else since they already made the trip.
The worst part is now it's literally to get them through the doors as most last gen games are completely out of stock online (for whatever odd reason) so you literally have to go diving in store to find them. Only games left online now under $5 or even under $10 are old sports games, shooters, or other mainstream games. Such a scum tactic.

The worst part is now it's literally to get them through the doors as most last gen games are completely out of stock online (for whatever odd reason) so you literally have to go diving in store to find them. Only games left online now under $5 or even under $10 are old sports games, shooters, or other mainstream games. Such a scum tactic.
My store had less than 20 Xbox 360 games in stock. Not sure if other Gamestops have the same quantity.

That link doesn’t go to any listing of a trade promo for me, & no % trade promo is listed on the app either.
GET 20% EXTRA CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE 3 OR MORE GAMES
Offer valid for game trades only. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 2/11 - 2/24/19.
GET 30% EXTRA CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE 5 OR MORE GAMES
Offer valid for game trades only. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 2/11 - 2/24/19.

Went to the closest one to me for the 4 for $10. They printed up sheets of the games that were $4.99 and under and how many they had in stock. Sadly the XB1 and PS4 list was small compared to other systems. Seems like it's just a way for them to clear out more last gen stuff. Managed to get Final Fantasy XIII-2(PS3), Splinter Cell Blacklist(PS3), Transformers: The Game(X360) and Killzone: Shadow Fall(PS4) for the deal.

My store had less than 20 Xbox 360 games in stock. Not sure if other Gamestops have the same quantity.
The store I went to had just shrunk down their Wii section, but still had good size for Xbox 360. But I did notice that some that they had listed in stock did not have a case on the sales floor(like the one I was looking for). Which turned out that they did have them, but kept behind the counter(as this store has been having people stealing game cases).

Sigh. If only my huge pile of last gen games would go up in TIV just a bit....
I've learned my lesson, to the tune of hundreds in missed TIC from getting greedy and holding onto video store liquidations too long. I'm cashing in my last-gen chips - at this point I resent their presence, LOL.

I've learned my lesson, to the tune of hundreds in missed TIC from getting greedy and holding onto video store liquidations too long. I'm cashing in my last-gen chips - at this point I resent their presence, LOL.
My pile looks like it could get a decent return on eBay, especially the Wii stuff. I just need to find the time to list them all. Might have to make it a daily chore.

My pile looks like it could get a decent return on eBay, especially the Wii stuff. I just need to find the time to list them all. Might have to make it a daily chore.
Wii stuff definitely needs to go on eBay. Sadly I have a sizable quantity of PS3 and 360 games that fell into that peculiar "fetch more on Gamestop than they do on eBay" niche...until they didn't.

Or you can be like us and keep your old games -- with the (delusional) logic that we'll get to play them at some point later in our lives <insert sarcastic laugh here>.

That link doesn’t go to any listing of a trade promo for me, & no % trade promo is listed on the app either.
GET 20% EXTRA CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE 3 OR MORE GAMES
GET 30% EXTRA CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE 5 OR MORE GAMES
Thanks, it finally showed up for me on the website, but weirdly the app still hasn’t updated to the correct promos.

Or you can be like us and keep your old games -- with the (delusional) logic that we'll get to play them at some point later in our lives <insert sarcastic laugh here>.
My backlog of *current* gen games is absurd as it is. Plus last gen stuff I only need to keep physically long enough to rip...

If I remember correctly the fine print for these promos usually have the true percentage in the fine print for pro and elite. It will say 30% but in the print will say 30% elite, 20 pro etc. Will this stack for 40, 50% then?

FWIW, here are the games that are X1X enhanced BC games that are 4/$10.

Assassin's Creed

Darksiders

Fallout 3

Gears of War 2 ($.99)

Gears of War 3 ($2.99)

Halo 3

Mirror's Edge

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

If I remember correctly the fine print for these promos usually have the true percentage in the fine print for pro and elite. It will say 30% but in the print will say 30% elite, 20 pro etc. Will this stack for 40, 50% then?
I assume this will stack as they have in the past but I wouldn't put anything past GS at this point in time.

It does indeed stack; I did a trade last night and got 40% total as a pro member.

Can I ask how? Maybe I didn't know about something.
You get your membership level trade percentage plus the trade offer percentage.

3 games 20% bonus + elite 20% = 40%

3 games 20% bonus + pro 10% = 30%

5 games 30% bonus + elite 20% = 50%

5 games 30% bonus + pro 10% = 40%

I still have my 20% extra bonus bag from my Diablo Amiibo order in December. Will find out if that stacks in a few days. Or does someone already know?

You get your membership level trade percentage plus the trade offer percentage.

3 games 20% bonus + elite 20% = 40%

3 games 20% bonus + pro 10% = 30%

5 games 30% bonus + elite 20% = 50%

5 games 30% bonus + pro 10% = 40%

I still have my 20% extra bonus bag from my Diablo Amiibo order in December. Will find out if that stacks in a few days. Or does someone already know?
I also wanna know!!! got a ton of random games to trade in

Some noticable sales I saw:
Red Dead Redemption (PS4-new) - $40
Spider-Man (PS4-new/used) - $40/$38
Detroit Become Human (used) - $19

I wish it was easier to see what the high dollar trades are right now. Looking to unload some stuff with the current trade promo before my Elite Pro expires next month and I am officially without a gaming discount with my GCU dead already. 

I wish it was easier to see what the high dollar trades are right now. Looking to unload some stuff with the current trade promo before my Elite Pro expires next month and I am officially without a gaming discount with my GCU dead already.
If you type the system name in the trade-in search page (e.g., "PS4", "Xbox One", "Switch"), you can sort the results by Trade Value (descending).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back