2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, these Nintendo stealth bump items are really telegraphing what is going to be in the Direct this afternoon...

Do you think retro n64 will get a bump? Legit went down in value overnight and I packed a bunch of stuff to trade in today...
You can see all the items right now on that link, the list of platforms is on a drop down to the left. They generally don't do stealth bumps on retro games. You are probably better off selling those on eBay or craigslist.

I went into GameStop tonight and had a difficult time finding any games that I didn't already own that qualified for the 4 for $10.

Has-Been Heroes - PS4

Has-Been Heroes - XB1

Saints Row the 3rd - PS3

Saints Row IV - PS3

The fact is that I've bought games every time this particular deal has come around, so I've pretty much found everything for last-gen that I might have wanted.  But it's still a great deal if you're not picky.

I have a few games I wanted to trade in but I just wanted to get clarification:

Is the extra 30% for 5+ games on top of the Elite Pro bonus or before it? 

Is it base value * 1.5 or elite value * 1.3?

So, trading three games will get me 30 percent bonus on the store credit only on not the cash correct?

NM I read the fine print

Got my online order from the last Buy 2 Get 1 Free on retro games.  Every disc-based game was disc only, except for one game.  The one game I was hoping, would be disc only because I already had the case for it. 

I think the used video game gods are trolling me or enjoy my luck just for the lulls. 

Got my online order from the last Buy 2 Get 1 Free on retro games. Every disc-based game was disc only, except for one game. The one game I was hoping, would be disc only because I already had the case for it.

I think the used video game gods are trolling me or enjoy my luck just for the lulls.
I got 11 disc only out of 15 games. One disc did not work, but I quickly returned it the next day. Make sure to check your games! Returning to a store is often easier during the 7 day window than it is during the 30 day window, even if it's not functioning.

Dont worry guys, if you think disc only games are bad, how about confusing a $70 360 game with a $10 GBA one.  I ordered NCAA Football 14 for 360 and got sent Mega Man Battle Network 4 for GBA....

Dont worry guys, if you think disc only games are bad, how about confusing a $70 360 game with a $10 GBA one. I ordered NCAA Football 14 for 360 and got sent Mega Man Battle Network 4 for GBA....
Are you kidding me?? You get the better end of the deal on that one! I mean MegaMan Battle Network 4 is like... the 2nd greatest game ever~ Right next to Cory In The House. (Im actually joking and would be absolutely pissed off, sucks that happened man)

F

If you need a easy way to get extra games for the bump, most of the 4/$10 games have a base of $.50. you lose ~$1.75 per game, but worth it for top tier games. Killzone PS4 is the only 4/$10 game I found with $1 base (making it ~$1 lose). If anyone else knows of some more, please post.

If you need a easy way to get extra games for the bump, most of the 4/$10 games have a base of $.50. you lose ~$1.75 per game, but worth it for top tier games. Killzone PS4 is the only 4/$10 game I found with $1 base (making it ~$1 lose). If anyone else knows of some more, please post.
A few Gamestops near me don’t take games with under $1 value.

Cool. Some Target b2g1 are movers ($40 games like Darksiders III for Xbox one). Persona 5 pre-owned boomerang is a good filler to get to 5 trades . There's more but that's all I saw from some quick eyeballing

Kicking myself for trading in my Switch games on Monday. I was not expecting them to do a bump while a trade promo was going on at the same time.

They're being kinda sneaky with Tales of Vesperia: DE.  It's on the most wanted list, but there's no stealth bump as it's been $15 base since monday.  But at least I can get rid of WWE 2K19 right now and almost get back what I paid for it back a few months ago.

Weird to see Resident Evil Origins Collection, 4, 5 & 6 HD versions getting a boost right now.    It did seem like my local store didn't have any copies of them earlier this week, but I'd guess people have been snatching up copies due to the RE2 Remake(which has free DLC showing up as an update today).

Quite surprised to receive a complete copy of Raiden: Fighter Aces for Xbox 360 from GameStop.com yesterday. It is in quite good condition, almost looks brand new honestly, with several layers of price stickers on the front and back.

I gotta say, while the trade promos have become few and far between, the last couple of bumps have been generous.

Also, how are Nintendo and/or 2K not working feverishly to get a decent wrestling game out for Switch?  When Gamestop can give people $15-20 in store credit for a title as toxic as WWE 2K18 for Switch, there are game publishers out their missing out on lots of money.

Off topic but on topic: is the Madden + FIFA 19 bundle (both games in one case) two discs or one disc?
I couldn't verify with an unboxing video, but it looks like it should be two discs. Split the discs and trade them in for $32.5 base or $48.75 with elite 5+ games. Can buy Xbox one for $33.33 pretax right now if you do b2g1.

Just being paranoid because Gamestop has been tricky with their wording lately: has anyone done a trade yet to confirm Pro and Elite are getting 1.4 and 1.5 Base?

Good weekend to trade and buy back switch games for points. I used like 70,000 points on purchases on Black Friday so I’m looking to recuperate some.

Are we expecting the trade values to hold the entire weekend? I have a bunch of switch games I was gonna trade in.
I think they usually hold until the following Monday, but do your trade ins by the end of Sunday to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back