2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember seeing a few pages back GS is currently charging Elite members for shipping over $35. Any known workaround to get free Elite shipping?
You should make your order and then call customer service to have them refund the shipping. Just had to do that and i got free 2day shipping. Have them call you back so you don't have to sit there waiting.

Just got back from dumping off some old DS games and XB1 games.  Most of the DS games got $1.30 with the bump(don't care, just wanted them gone).  WWE 2K19 got $26 and GTAV is netting $16.25 base with the 30% somehow.    Used the trade credit to get Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 & 2.

Also can now really see why all the old Resident Evil games are on the most wanted list.  The store I went to had no RE 4, 5 or Origins Collection for sale on XB1 and PS4.

Anyone try using this code EBC2HLWMT1G10 from SD? It's a $10 off coupon, online only. I was not able to get it to work (being an Elite member might effect it). It expires on 7/31/19.

35c3llj.jpg

https://slickdeals.net/coupons/gamestop/?couponid=1985695

The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon : PUR Member $10 Off In-Stock Item - PowerUp Rewards Members Save $10 Off One Single In-Stock Item! Discount awarded on least expensive item. Online Only. Expires 7/31/2019
I tried using it on used copy of PS4 Persona 4. Wonder what it discounts.

So when trading I see some games are listed as “platinum hits” and nothing else. If I have the “original” version will that be rejected?

FYI, if you look at the post advertising "Most Wanted Trades" on Gamestop's Facebook page, the fine print says "Valid 2/15 - 2/19".

I suspect they may be extending the bump on account of the holiday, but for all intents and purposes I'm assuming it ends Monday.

FYI, if you look at the post advertising "Most Wanted Trades" on Gamestop's Facebook page, the fine print says "Valid 2/15 - 2/19".

I suspect they may be extending the bump on account of the holiday, but for all intents and purposes I'm assuming it ends Monday.
Yeah, I'm finishing my trades by the end of business Monday

I'm debating if I should trade in my first party switch games for $45 a piece and then re-buy them using my elite pro and cag16. It comes out to about $41 after tax for the games but I'd still have to pay shipping and not sure I'd be able to get CS to refund me...

I'm debating if I should trade in my first party switch games for $45 a piece and then re-buy them using my elite pro and cag16. It comes out to about $41 after tax for the games but I'd still have to pay shipping and not sure I'd be able to get CS to refund me...
Don't give them the cases! Might not receive them when you buy again online.

I did it and got a free game out of it and had $43 left over, even with paying for express shipping. I made sure to keep all of the artwork from the games so I don't have to worry about not getting them when they arrive.

Even with all that is going on with GS, I don't see it going out of business anytime in the near future. I imagine if things don't turn around it will still take a couple years or more.
Yeah I was being sarcastic. They'll only go out of business if they have to declare bankruptcy and then get liquidated. They have debt due later this year but I believe they have cash from the spring mobile sale. We'll see what the outlook is when they report earnings in late March.

Pro day Feb 23rd according to new ad

Should stack with +30% trade credit promo that is set to end Feb 24th

This might sound like a stupid question, but I wouldn't trust Gamestop in this regard. My Elite Pro membership is expiring in May, if I renew my Pro membership today for another year to get the B2G1 coupon, will they revert my membership to standard Pro immediately or will they keep my Elite Pro benefits running until it officially lapses in May? Would like to use the 20% off with the coupon to get some Switch games before my Elite is gone forever.

Also, if u want potential buy the pokemon let's go for 48+tax and trade it to game stop for 45 and you keep the steelbook if you really want oen for cheap

FYI - this is not a post about this weekends trade stuff [it's about the App lying]

I was looking at my Points when I went on a tangent and started checking out the Gamestop App [Android] looking at the stuff I've never looked at before when I came across something weird - in "My Library" there's a tab with notifications that shows every game you've bought, traded in, or returned to Gamestop (displays only a date and what it is - no price details or anything like that) and they ask if you want to move it to that particular game into the part of your library that goes with the action  - bought goes into "I Have", returns and trade-ins go into "I Had." 

So I just started scrolling down looking at all the old transactions I did - mine goes back to 2011 - but I soon realized that the APP marks a whole bunch of transactions as returns.  Like a lot of them.  They're not games that I play so I'm guessing maybe it's boomerangs from over the years that are incorrectly marked returns instead of trade ins?  I'm not sure, but I do know that I did not return all of these games they claim I have returned to them.   

Anyway, I've never been one to closely monitor my PUR Points, so this has me wondering if GS screwed me out of rewards points for all of these by marking them incorrectly?   Anyone else notice this kind of thing going on with their account? 

I'm still going through my account on desktop to see if I can figure out whats going on.... I have noticed some past sale transactions show I earned 0 points, but of course my Gamestop Order History is so full of open orders where they never shipped me an item that it literally only shows me the last order I made for current transactions.  I'll probably have to look at emails to figure it out.

So is the TIV for Kingdom Hearts III $40.50 (like I think I saw some people saying - not sure if they were talking about something else), or...

$30+($27*0.5)=$43.50

That's how it's worked in the past iirc.

Also potentially stupid question, but is the "not for resale" version of kingdom hearts III worth more on the second-hand market (the one that came with the limited edition console says "not for resale")? I ask because I know some people online will buy the most ridiculous stuff at a premium if it differs even slightly from the normal print. I know the keyblade theme is worth a lot to, but wasn't sure if the art insert was somehow worth something.

Also potentially stupid question, but is the "not for resale" version of kingdom hearts III worth more (the one that came with the limited edition console)? I ask because I know some people online will buy the most ridiculous stuff at a premium if it differs even slightly from the normal print. I know the keyblade theme is worth a shot to, but wasn't sure if the art insert was somehow worth something.
They'll just trade it in under the standard edition, as there's no individual SKU for that version. So it might be better to just trade the game in on it's own and sell the extra stuff from the LE on ebay or something. As someone is probably looking for that stuff.

So is the TIV for Kingdom Hearts III $40.50 (like I think I saw some people saying - not sure if they were talking about something else), or...

$30+($27*0.5)=$43.50

That's how it's worked in the past iirc.

Also potentially stupid question, but is the "not for resale" version of kingdom hearts III worth more on the second-hand market (the one that came with the limited edition console says "not for resale")? I ask because I know some people online will buy the most ridiculous stuff at a premium if it differs even slightly from the normal print. I know the keyblade theme is worth a lot to, but wasn't sure if the art insert was somehow worth something.
$40.50

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back