2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
MEh no Spiderman deal, and all the rest of the deals are average at best. Was hoping for a 19.99(or less) Spiderman or Spyro Trilogy. Or Dragon Quest XI to go under 29.99

Most the first party switch games will trade in for $43.20 with elite membership ($40.5 for pro) using 5+ trade in offer on pro day. Not better than last weekend's $45 stealth bump, but If there's a stealth bump tomorrow or Saturday for any reason these will trade in for $48.

Hopefully the 10% pro day discount works online and stacks with current discounts. We could see some pretty good deals with cag16 close to buy 2 get 1 free prices.

Most the first party switch games will trade in for $43.20 with elite membership ($40.5 for pro) using 5+ trade in offer on pro day. Not better than last weekend's $45 stealth bump, but If there's a stealth bump tomorrow or Saturday for any reason these will trade in for $48.

Hopefully the 10% pro day discount works online and stacks with current discounts. We could see some pretty good deals with cag16 close to buy 2 get 1 free prices.
That's only if the 10% stacks with the 30%/5 trade promo.

PRO DAY QUESTION
Proday gives an additional 10% for trade-ins.

Does it stack with the current promotions?

Get 20% Extra Credit when you trade 3 or more games
Get 30% Extra Credit when you trade 5 or more games

Get $25 Extra Credit when you trade your Xbox One, PlayStation 4, or Nintendo Switch System

The only thing I cared to check out on the flier was the collectors box things. There's a Sony one I liked. And of course the link is broken.

I can't figure out the abbreviation. They're all "prdy" but can't find the combo of letters.

Edit:found it, price is still a joke.

"Save $10 on 3-month or 6-month Xbox Live Gold membership +

Get 3 months of Xbox Live FREE with purchase of 6-month of Xbox Live"

$29.99 for 9 months of Xbox LIve seems like a decent deal.

I'm tempted to pick up Call of Cthulhu for $39.99 too but I can't decide if I want it on PS4 or XB1.
Has anyone played it that would recommend one version over the other?

Probably grab Golf Club 2019. Been wanting a golf game and waited for it to go on sale since it has the PGA tie in.

Is there a way to check the stock online of the Uncharted edition PS4 for $250 new?

Got a Destiny edition PS4 to trade in for $200, but wouldn't mind paying $50 for a new Uncharted one.

Is there a way to check the stock online of the Uncharted edition PS4 for $250 new?

Got a slim Destiny edition PS4 to trade in for $200, but wouldn't mind paying $50 for a new Uncharted one.
There's no way a store is going to have the Uncharted 4 PS4 new still. There might be used ones around, but the current new SKU's aren't special edition (and the last supply of Spiderman PS4's was sold by the website a month or so back.)

If I already redeemed a rewards for $ off pre owned games, and it's still in my active offers a week later, can I use it again? lol
If its still there, the system glitched use as much as you can! Just be cautious some people were saying they got into the negative points like 40 pages back, i would use them though!

Probably a silly question, but do Gamestop sell digital versions of games (via cards) and if they do, do they go on sale the same as the physical versions?

Probably a silly question, but do Gamestop sell digital versions of games (via cards) and if they do, do they go on sale the same as the physical versions?
For certain games, you’ll find a digital version of them via cards, but they rarely ever go on sale. You’re better off waiting for a sale on the XBL Marketplace.

If I already redeemed a rewards for $ off pre owned games, and it's still in my active offers a week later, can I use it again? lol
I wonder if this is a glitch or if employees just didn’t redeem it right or they hooked it up and reinstated it. Cuz last time I went to GameStop the gay dude working there was heavily hitting on me or way overly nice. I then used a 20% bday code and a -5$ off and I still have them in my account. Hmmmm.

I wonder if this is a glitch or if employees just didn’t redeem it right or they hooked it up and reinstated it. Cuz last time I went to GameStop the gay dude working there was heavily hitting on me or way overly nice. I then used a 20% bday code and a -5$ off and I still have them in my account. Hmmmm.
It is a glitch.

i'm not sure why we needed to know you got hit on by THE GAY DUDE WORKING THERE.

you must have been really gay back to him since he hooked it up.

Didn't realize that I haven't been into a Gamestop in over a year. Logged into my account and found out my Pro Elite is no longer active and all of my points have disappeared. Smh. My fault for not being on top of it. I only lost about 15k points but that would of been enough for me to renew to a Pro membership.  fuck

However this sale might get me back in the store and upgrade. 

Interested in:

The Golf Club 2019 

AC: Odyssey (haven't even started playing AC: Origins) 

Damn, it may not be worth it to upgrade to Pro.  :wall:

I traded in a bunch of first party switch games with the intent of rebuying them on pro day. Does anyone know if I can get gold points again on a different cart if I'm redeemed already on my account with my original carts?
Not 100% sure I know you can get points for the same game physical and digital but not sure about the same physical game twice.

How does the in-store pickup option and pay now works with the Gamestop App? Actually never used it, anyone ever had any problems using stacking coupons and picking up the game for that price?

Didn't realize that I haven't been into a Gamestop in over a year. Logged into my account and found out my Pro Elite is no longer active and all of my points have disappeared. Smh. My fault for not being on top of it. I only lost about 15k points but that would of been enough for me to renew to a Pro membership. fuck

However this sale might get me back in the store and upgrade.
Interested in:

The Golf Club 2019

AC: Odyssey (haven't even started playing AC: Origins)

Damn, it may not be worth it to upgrade to Pro. :wall:
AC Odyssey is $20 already. No pro needed

Are there any current coupons for standard members, or just regular coupons for everyday folk? I'm looking to purchase an art book and/or guide this weekend and was hoping for something off MSRP.

I can login, but my pro discounts arent popping up for any preowned items
So odd. I can’t login at all. Trying to check my membership status.

Anyone know of any discounts on guides with elite pro day? Heading to a store tomorrow to pick up some stuff and was hoping to check out deals ahead of time. I’m hoping my membership is still active too.

So they turned off all normal discounts to make all deals on preowned even shittier with just pro day discount. Nice one gamestop lol. An extra 10 percent isnt going to kill them, in fact it probably would have boosted sales a lot online. Now nobody will buy anything preowned they make profits on lol

Great way to start off Pro Day, all the games I wanted to pick up are out of stock all around me and I have dozens of Gamestops near me. . Even Assassin's Creed: Origins, which is pretty new and common isn't in stock near me.

Got a lil excited when I saw retro had b3g1 on and extra pro day% was applying, but yeah, CAG16's disabled.

Sucks a bunch. They didn't use to do this; just feels super dishonest to be told "oh yeah, here's an extra 10% on us" while they silently yoink away the ""standard"" 16% discount. Complete non-deal, unless you have elite pro.

...whiiiiiich, of course, is just straight-up broken atm :whistle2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back