2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
People just aren't trading in games as often anymore, it's very easy for someone to throw something on Facebook Marketplace, Offer Up, etc. and get closer to what they paid for a newer release selling it on their own. I've noticed newer releases in general just not coming into Gamestop used as quickly as they used to. Ace Combat 7 has been out for about a month now and I have not seen it used anywhere around me for example.
Not to mention the proliferation of digital purchases

question for the GS regulars, I realize this is probably YMMV per store, but generally speaking, would most stores be ok with doing return/ rebuy on merchandise?

question for the GS regulars, I realize this is probably YMMV per store, but generally speaking, would most stores be ok with doing return/ rebuy on merchandise?
Yes, YMMV. I would ask them if it is cool before attempting to. Be nice - it helps a lot.

I think if they don't fulfill it in a certain amount of time it just automatically cancels. Not sure though. This happens to me all the time around here. Just lazy employees
Happened to me today. I submitted a hold request for Resident Evil 2 late last night. Got an email this morning at about 9:30 saying it could not be fulfilled. The app still showed that an used copy was in stock. I waited until a little while after they opened and submitted another request. About a half hour later I got the same email saying it could not be fulfilled. So, I went there later in the day and wouldn't you know it, there were two used copies sitting there.

Needless to say, I'm going to mention that in my survey.

I'm really not seeing much I want to use my B2G1 on the PS4 side. I really just want switch games or eshop credit. Are there any good flips with elite and B2G1 I should be looking at to make a bit of credit up?

Forgot that RE2 came out semi recent. Guess it doesn't matter though, as I've had issues in the past flipping relatively new games (that werent switch games). Like the TIV just drops out within like 2-3 months and I'm stuck with the games.

I'm really not seeing much I want to use my B2G1 on the PS4 side. I really just want switch games or eshop credit. Are there any good flips with elite and B2G1 I should be looking at to make a bit of credit up?
best way is to exchange it for switch games

Made a purchase on pro day but don't see a b2g1 coupon in my offers. Anyone had luck when it comes to calling the customer service number and have them honor it?

Still valid today (2/26), when I checked the TIV online (add $25 bonus to base TIV).

Slim - base TIV - $175

Pro - base TIV - $275

948x200_PS4_Trade.jpg

I used my B2G1 on Borderlands, Bioshock and State of Decay 2. Bioshock and Borderlands ive bought and sold about 8 times each. Everytime i either make my money back or more so those are always a safe bet for me. State of Decay 2 i now have something to play with my brother so totally worth it for me!

If I already own RDR 2, KH, RE 2, Metro, & Far Cry, do I just buy some combination of 3 of those (or Anthem if available) & hold them until end of March? Will I actually make money or just break even?
I think the only way you will be making money is if you sell these games on your own. There isn't much boomerang potential with a 50% promo having just happened.

What email are you using to reach CS about things like being charged shipping when you were supposed to get free or PUR coupons not applying to an order etc?

What email are you using to reach CS about things like being charged shipping when you were supposed to get free or PUR coupons not applying to an order etc?
I use the mobile app to generate the email. I think it's mobileCSsomething at Gamestop .com or some such. Quick update re: my pro day order, they emailed me today and send a gift card is in the mail for the missing CAG16 discount I wasn't able to stack on my $250+ order.

How do you know that the dlc/code isn't already redeemed?
You can check codes by trying to redeem them. You will get a confirmation request if unredeemed or an error if already redeemed. I have empty secondary accounts for this.

I had to just check the RDR2 Ultimate edition I ordered from GameStop as the seal sticker was loose, and I didn't want to take a chance giving it as a gift.

So how did we get CAG16 back last time? I can't remember. Just a few random people emailing them or what?
Whoever opened their mouth about it thanks for fucking up a good thing because Gamestop didn't know.

For future reference if it works again, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!!

you know they disabled it for pro day right? and just didnt reactivate it?
It was never meant to work alongside the elite membership. They disabled it not long after. For the last month and a half it worked for me with my elite membership. I knew it would get outed on here :cry:

Is anyone else getting weird redirect to pop up spam site whenever they go to gamestop on mobile? This just started happening this morning. And it's only when I go to gamestop

Is anyone else getting weird redirect to pop up spam site whenever they go to gamestop on mobile? This just started happening this morning. And it's only when I go to gamestop
Honestly, I only get random popups/ads when using this forum.

I get it every now and again, not really sure why though. To be sage i always close the browser and restart my phone. First time it happened i nearly freaked out

Anyone have any luck getting their $25 online reward cert to actually work?
It seems like most people that have mentioned online certs have had issues for the past several weeks. I would avoid trying to redeem one for the time being. I believe others were instructed to contact customer service to get their points refunded and the online cert voided.

In-store ones have worked fine for me.

The Jump Force rewards cert are going out. Reminder they expire March 5th, i didnt even buy a copy and i got one so.. id check just in case

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back