2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the guaranteed $30 TIV games like Metro Exodus, is that a $30 base guaranteed?
It's not a $30 base--$25 is the base and the promo bumps the value up to $30. Any Pro/Elite bonus will be reflected based on the $25 base, so Pro members will get $32.50 and Elite members will get $35.

It's not a $30 base--$25 is the base and the promo bumps the value up to $30. Any Pro/Elite bonus will be reflected based on the $25 base, so Pro members will get $32.50 and Elite members will get $35.
I assume you’re factoring in the extra 20% for preordering DmC? That’s the only way I’m calculating the values you gave.

I assume you’re factoring in the extra 20% for preordering DmC? That’s the only way I’m calculating the values you gave.
No, the guaranteed $30 is its own promo and won't stack with the DMC5 preorder. However, doing either would give you the same final total:

Trade in Metro Exodus with no preorder: $25 base + $5 (guaranteed $30 promo) + $2.50/$5 (Pro/Elite bonus) = $32.50/$35

Trade in Metro Exodus while preordering DMC5: $25 base + $5 (20% from preordering DMC5) + $2.50/$5 (Pro/Elite bonus) = $32.50/$35

This is because the $5 applied for the guaranteed $30 promo is the same as 20% of the current $25 base.

No, the guaranteed $30 is its own promo and won't stack with the DMC5 preorder. However, doing either would give you the same final total:

Trade in Metro Exodus with no preorder: $25 base + $5 (guaranteed $30 promo) + $2.50/$5 (Pro/Elite bonus) = $32.50/$35
Trade in Metro Exodus while preordering DMC5: $25 base + $5 (20% from preordering DMC5) + $2.50/$5 (Pro/Elite bonus) = $32.50/$35

This is because the $5 applied for the guaranteed $30 promo is the same as 20% of the current $25 base.
Thanks that makes sense.

A bunch of people are asking about discord now...

I was active in those posts a year ago before all the drama (been a member here for 10 years), but lost touch with the group of people when they left.  I have Discord and the same username there as I do here.  Feel pretty good my invite request would be accepted.  Can anyone with the name of the group, or the discord username of someone in the group, please PM me the information so I can request in?  My only holdup is I cannot find who to direct the request to.

Thanks in advance!

A bunch of people are asking about discord now...

I was active in those posts a year ago before all the drama (been a member here for 10 years), but lost touch with the group of people when they left. I have Discord and the same username there as I do here. Feel pretty good my invite request would be accepted. Can anyone with the name of the group, or the discord username of someone in the group, please PM me the information so I can request in? My only holdup is I cannot find who to direct the request to.

Thanks in advance!
Id love to get into the discord, I think at one time i pm'ed the guy and never heard back. Been a CAG for a long time, lots of feedback here. Someone wanna pm me with an invite?

How often is the website off on stock? Says RE2 pre-owned is available at local GS... but I went in and they said the system said they have none. It wasn't on the shelf either.

How often is the website off on stock? Says RE2 pre-owned is available at local GS... but I went in and they said the system said they have none. It wasn't on the shelf either.
This has happened to me more than 5 times already. What I usually do is call the store ahead of time to make sure they have it in stock before wasting a trip down there for nothing.

That discord from last year devolved into in fighting and destroyed itself. It hasn’t been around for a while now, I miss the banter about GameStop.

Man there was a discord? Why do all the cool people get cool things and we sit here and have to deal with two face Jurai.

For anyone looking to move credit to Amazon, all the GC games are almost 1:1 movers, PS2 games are winners.

Animal Crossing GC

Super Mario strikers GC

Wario World GC

Wind Waker GC

Starfox Adventures GC

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone PS2

Champions of Norrath PS2

This has happened to me more than 5 times already. What I usually do is call the store ahead of time to make sure they have it in stock before wasting a trip down there for nothing.
That's what I ended up doing. I got super lucky and was able to find RE2, Metro Exodus, and Jump Force.

On a side note, I was extremely surprised by the lack of pre-owned games available in general (not just on switch). I think GS can only hold out so long before they offer another trade promo as the well is running dry.

I tried to trade a PS4 into Amazon and they claimed the controller didn't work even though I know that wasn't true because I tested everything beforehand (and also it worked perfectly fine after getting it back), so either they lied or they didn't know what they were doing, but when they returned it to me, they didn't return the USB charging cable. Am I going to be able to trade it to Gamestop with a third party cable or not? Amazon gave me enough credit to pick up an Amazon Basics or Power-A replacement.

any usb charge cable will do i think

i remember i traded in a ps4, forgot that, walked to another store in the mall, and then gave him the 3$ usb charge cable i just bought

Anyone try using their b2g1 from proday today, have been busy and selection here has sucked so I was not able to use it and was wondering if it was still good.

Anyone try using their b2g1 from proday today, have been busy and selection here has sucked so I was not able to use it and was wondering if it was still good.
I was able to use mine twice, same with the 20% off birthday coupon. Not sure if it was a glitch, but I'm not complaining, Lol.

The coupon expired 3/2 from what I remembered.

New GameStop ad has b2g1 pre-owned PlayStation 3,
Xbox 360, Wii, & Nintendo DS games
are sports games eligible

GS Twitter ad for Division 2 confirms trade bump for it: https://twitter.com/gamestop/status/1102233432908857344?s=21
beautiful!

IME the coupon will disappear once closing hits on EST on the date of the fine print, so 3/3. So screenshot it, it will work until closing in your local time.

These Buy 2 Get 1 promos are starting to get a bit frustrating since they're excluding Switch and Wii U games.  First on the Pro Day one which was XB1/PS4 only (no Switch) and now on this most recent on this ad which has Wii (but not Wii U).  

Figures with the way GS's website is. Ordered a original Xbox and a few games over the weekend during the flash sale, since I've been wanting to play a few OG Xbox games lately. Got an email saying the games shipped, but they canceled the original Xbox console(now showing unavailable) due to being out of stock. Luckily a local mom & pop game shop had one in stock for the same price(and got a disc only Halo 2 thrown in for free too). But it shows that GS can't even maintain inventory correctly for their site.

Now to play the guessing game on how many of the 7 games are going to be disc only.

These Buy 2 Get 1 promos are starting to get a bit frustrating since they're excluding Switch and Wii U games. First on the Pro Day one which was XB1/PS4 only (no Switch) and now on this most recent on this ad which has Wii (but not Wii U).
They're being sneaky about it, but it's for the systems that the store are usually flooded with games for. The B2G1 right now are for the ones that they're probably going to be phasing out in the next year or two(gotta make room for those next gen systems).

Can I still buy switch games from the b2g1 for joining pro membership? Mine expires at the end of the month haven’t found anything to buy really.

Figures with the way GS's website is. Ordered a original Xbox and a few games over the weekend during the flash sale, since I've been wanting to play a few OG Xbox games lately. Got an email saying the games shipped, but they canceled the original Xbox console(now showing unavailable) due to being out of stock. Luckily a local mom & pop game shop had one in stock for the same price(and got a disc only Halo 2 thrown in for free too). But it shows that GS can't even maintain inventory correctly for their site.

Now to play the guessing game on how many of the 7 games are going to be disc only.

They're being sneaky about it, but it's for the systems that the store are usually flooded with games for. The B2G1 right now are for the ones that they're probably going to be phasing out in the next year or two(gotta make room for those next gen systems).
$50 for just an Xbox and one controller seems steep. I think I paid that much on Craigslist and it came with several games and extra controllers.

If you got any model of the original Xbox other than a 1.6, be sure to remove the clock capacitor. The clock capacitors in all other models will eventually leak and ruin the motherboard, and that will render the system unusable.

https://www.reddit.com/r/originalxbox/comments/4c60th/reminder_if_you_own_an_original_xbox_remove_the/

Obviously, if you do this, you won't be able to return the system to GameStop, but it should last you for years to come!

But, if you have a 1.6 model, leave the clock capacitor alone.

Wasn’t able to try n see if the $10 cash bonus for pre ordering a game that I got, works today. Didn’t pick up the game I pre ordered but they gave me this coupon on my active offers. Really didn’t want to add anything to the backlog anyway

You can't return gift cards, but you should go back to the store where you bought it and explain what happened. 'They should be able to look into it.
Went back to the store I bought this from and explained what happened. ASL was working and first said "POSA cards are usually non-refundable" he then checked with the store leader and told and was advised to contact customer support to see if the gift cards were actually activated.

They were able to load the value on 2 new gift cards for me. Turns out that actually both of the $15 gift cards were not activated. Also, customer support on the other end also told me to log into the Website and check to see if the value is indeed there on the gift card.

$50 for just an Xbox and one controller seems steep. I think I paid that much on Craigslist and it came with several games and extra controllers.
My area's Craiglist usually has people wanting $75-$100 for them. Guess I got lucky as that was the last one the store had. It came with the system, hook-ups and a 3rd party controller(ordering an S controller to replace), disc-only Halo 2 and a carrying bag for the system. It came with a 30 day warranty too, unlike buying something off of Craigslist.

It doesn't seem to be the local mom and pop shop short on systems too. As local GS stores are short on PS4s, XB1 S & X models and Wii U consoles. Not sure if it's due to tax season, poor TIVs or what. Glad I'm waiting till the end of April to get a PS4.

If you got any model of the original Xbox other than a 1.6, be sure to remove the clock capacitor. The clock capacitors in all other models will eventually leak and ruin the motherboard, and that will render the system unusable.

https://www.reddit.com/r/originalxbox/comments/4c60th/reminder_if_you_own_an_original_xbox_remove_the/

Obviously, if you do this, you won't be able to return the system to GameStop, but it should last you for years to come!

But, if you have a 1.6 model, leave the clock capacitor alone.
Thanks for reminding me, turns out it is a 1.6 model.

My area's Craiglist usually has people wanting $75-$100 for them. Guess I got lucky as that was the last one the store had. It came with the system, hook-ups and a 3rd party controller(ordering an S controller to replace), disc-only Halo 2 and a carrying bag for the system. It came with a 30 day warranty too, unlike buying something off of Craigslist.

It doesn't seem to be the local mom and pop shop short on systems too. As local GS stores are short on PS4s, XB1 S & X models and Wii U consoles. Not sure if it's due to tax season, poor TIVs or what. Glad I'm waiting till the end of April to get a PS4.

Thanks for reminding me, turns out it is a 1.6 model.
Hey! You lucked out! Congratulations on that 1.6!!!

Ordered a couple of Dreamcast games from Gamestop.com and really hope at least one comes complete. Went for Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, Sega Rally, and Capcom vs SNK. Hoping they all come complete, but I'd be happy if just one does, preferably Capcom vs SNK. 

Ordered a couple of Dreamcast games from Gamestop.com and really hope at least one comes complete. Went for Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, Sega Rally, and Capcom vs SNK. Hoping they all come complete, but I'd be happy if just one does, preferably Capcom vs SNK.
I bought a bunch, I think 10 or 11. I fully expect to return all of them due to being disc only.

I bought a bunch, I think 10 or 11. I fully expect to return all of them due to being disc only.
I almost went deep into it like that and had about 10 games in my cart, but decided to do a smaller order anticipating that I will likely be returning them all due to being disc only copies.

Looks like 12 of the first party switch titles are back to $30 base right now. Does anybody know if this will stack with the $5 per switch game and 20% bonus with division or devil may cry preorder? these titles could go from $41 to $47 if it does stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back