2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like 12 of the first party switch titles are back to $30 base right now. Does anybody know if this will stack with the $5 per switch game and 20% bonus with division or devil may cry preorder? these titles could go from $41 to $47 if it does stack.
The $5 bonus and 20% bonus are separate promos and won't stack, so the most you would get is $42 ($30 base + $6 Elite bonus + $6 preorder bonus for DMC5).

The $5 bonus and 20% bonus are separate promos and won't stack, so the most you would get is $42 ($30 base + $6 Elite bonus + $6 preorder bonus for DMC5).
oh ok, thanks for the confirmation then. I think ill be better off with the $5 switch bonus since i have no desire for any of those preorder games. Unless i trade in 5+ of those games it doesnt benefit me to preorder.

This has been said before but I just wanted to remind people.

If you see a hard to find / rare game in your area don't put it on hold, just go to the store. Especially if it's worth more money elsewhere versus gamestop.

I forgot this and put something on hold that is in demand and goes for a bit more money on the internet. Only minutes after I put my hold it can't be fulfilled and it's suddenly out of stock. Welp.

In my defense the only times I usually do this is at the two local stores I frequent where they've been pretty good about it.

Apologies if this has been covered in the last few pages, but did somebody mention a while back that we were due for a Prestige Day in March? The lack of Wii U and 3DS in the current B2G1 promo has left me with bupkus.

This has been said before but I just wanted to remind people.

If you see a hard to find / rare game in your area don't put it on hold, just go to the store. Especially if it's worth more money elsewhere versus gamestop.

I forgot this and put something on hold that is in demand and goes for a bit more money on the internet. Only minutes after I put my hold it can't be fulfilled and it's suddenly out of stock. Welp.

In my defense the only times I usually do this is at the two local stores I frequent where they've been pretty good about it.
If a Gamestop is unable to find something you put on hold, it's automatically removed from their POS stock and won't appear in an online search--that doesn't necessarily mean it got bought, just that the POS is preventing anyone else from putting a hold on something that might not be there (and yet might be, but filed in the wrong place).

Apologies if this has been covered in the last few pages, but did somebody mention a while back that we were due for a Prestige Day in March? The lack of Wii U and 3DS in the current B2G1 promo has left me with bupkus.
No one has mentioned anything, but I'd say we're due for one this month or next.

When is 4/10 dying, feels like it's been going on forever and the stock is so bad... I need a 4/20 that I can actually make work.
Well, I think that's because a lot of the better games likely got snatched up when the sale first started.

In any case, I actually found four games for $10 tonight that I didn't already have. And, they were all complete. :applause:

Battlefield: Hardline - Xbox One

Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition - PS3

Dead Island Riptide: Special Edition - PS3

Viking: Battle For Asgard - PS3

I was shocked that Battlefield: Hardline for Xbox One qualified for the sale. Now, I just have to free up 60 gb to install it.

If you got any model of the original Xbox other than a 1.6, be sure to remove the clock capacitor. The clock capacitors in all other models will eventually leak and ruin the motherboard, and that will render the system unusable.

https://www.reddit.com/r/originalxbox/comments/4c60th/reminder_if_you_own_an_original_xbox_remove_the/

Obviously, if you do this, you won't be able to return the system to GameStop, but it should last you for years to come!

But, if you have a 1.6 model, leave the clock capacitor alone.
This inspired me to get my Halo green Xbox out and look at it. It passed all the tests of being a 1.6, including kernal #, serial #, av port shielding, date of manufacture, no extra screw hole etc. I was relieved... Until it just stopped working after about 15 mins

Hardline is definitely enjoyable. However if you're one to like to 100% achievements and trophies then you're going to be pissed at the unrealistic 4 achievements that expect you to get 10.000 kills with EACH class.

HOWWWWWWW? Someone recently traded that in?
Yup! I guess so. Got lucky. Funny thing is it was in the ps3 section labeled as a ps3 version of P5 (though I don't think there was a steelbook ps3 version of P5). They couldn't find it for like 10 minutes but then figured out it was mislabeled and gave me the PS4 version, which was like $5 cheaper.

Yup! I guess so. Got lucky. Funny thing is it was in the ps3 section labeled as a ps3 version of P5 (though I don't think there was a steelbook version of P5). They couldn't find it for like 10 minutes but then figured out it was mislabeled and gave me the PS4 version, which was like $5 cheaper.
I got a persona 5 and RDR2 steel book at the same GS. I didn't know the persona steel book was so nice. It looks great compared to the shadow of the tomb raider steel book.

They are going to be in bad condition from the shitty resurfacing machines they use.
Yeah that's another worry of mine is not only getting disc only copies but shitty resurfaced ones at that. My order will be waiting for me after work today so hopefully one of these purchases pans out and I don't end up returning them all, but if I do I will probably just put it towards Devil May Cry 5 and pick that up on Friday, anyone know if DMC5 gets a $10 Power Up Reward with pre-order/purchase?

This inspired me to get my Halo green Xbox out and look at it. It passed all the tests of being a 1.6, including kernal #, serial #, av port shielding, date of manufacture, no extra screw hole etc. I was relieved... Until it just stopped working after about 15 mins
What do you mean by "it just stopped working?" Did the system turn itself off? Or did it not accept discs anymore? Details, please.

Has anyone ordered a refurbished 3DS from Gamestop? I'm wondering if they come in relatively good shape for $100 in store credit.
I got one of the New 3DS XL during a sale last year and it was practically perfect. I bought it online along with screen protectors and a thin clear case and it still looks and works great.

On another note, I notice GTA V got a tiv bump from $8->$10 so check your values.

Yeah that's another worry of mine is not only getting disc only copies but shitty resurfaced ones at that. My order will be waiting for me after work today so hopefully one of these purchases pans out and I don't end up returning them all, but if I do I will probably just put it towards Devil May Cry 5 and pick that up on Friday, anyone know if DMC5 gets a $10 Power Up Reward with pre-order/purchase?
It does not.

Has anyone ordered a refurbished 3DS from Gamestop? I'm wondering if they come in relatively good shape for $100 in store credit.
I did. I had to buy refurbished because I needed a 3DS smaller than the XL that I could fit in my pocket, but couldn't give up the eye tracking of the "new" model and Nintendo doesn't sell that model in the US for some reason. The condition I got isn't pristine, as it has a few light scratches on the cover plates. But for the money I'm satisfied. It also came with a first party charger instead of a generic.

9lglnw6.jpg

otCrz6D.jpg

But just remember, my results may not be yours. There is a bit of a lottery involved when buying refurbished online from Gamestop that you can't inspect before pulling the trigger.

...which was the start of the holiday season. They're not bringing it back repeatedly on accident.
Last August was the start of the holiday season?

It stacked off and on after elite pro renewals died. Which makes me think they knew what was up, otherwise why work, then not. But hey - never know - it's gamestop.

But even on their subreddit people would mention CAG16. It's no secret. And no one is emailing customer service to let them in on it (if you've ever emailed GS customer service you realize that they almost never read/return emails anyway)
You can still renew elite pro. I got the notification last week.

What do you mean by "it just stopped working?" Did the system turn itself off? Or did it not accept discs anymore? Details, please.
I checked the kernel # and started playing it for about 10 mins and the system just shut off. I was able to turn it back on again just long enough to get the disc out before it shut off again. I pushed the power button a third time and the light came on then shut off immediately. Now it won't turn back on at all.

Received that order of Dreamcast games and not a single one of them had a case. I returned all, but one of them and just put the money on Devil May Cry 5. 

Anyone know if Gamestop is doing an early release tonight for Devil May Cry? I ask here because no matter which GS location I call no one is answering the phone lol

Anyone know if Gamestop is doing an early release tonight for Devil May Cry? I ask here because no matter which GS location I call no one is answering the phone lol
The store I go to told me yesterday that they are doing one, but not staying open past 9 like they normally do since they only had 9 pre-orders. Your best bet would be to just stop into the store and ask if they never answer the phone.

The store I go to told me yesterday that they are doing one, but not staying open past 9 like they normally do since they only had 9 pre-orders. Your best bet would be to just stop into the store and ask if they never answer the phone.
Finally got them to answer and both stores said no due to not enough pre-orders... ouch

Handhelds are all "refurbished" because stores are required to send all 3DS/2DS console trades into the refurbish facility to unlink from Nintendo accounts.

Got the Xbox games today.  Out of the 7 that I ordered, only Crimson Skies came with a case(no manual though).   Ninja Gaiden Black and Soul Calibur 2 refuse to book up.  All 7 discs have those resurfaced swirls on the disc, which makes me wonder if they resurface them no matter the condition?  With those 2 not working and 4 others being disc only, I think I'll shop elsewhere for original Xbox games from now on. 

Probably just going to return them considering the poor condition they're in.

Got the Xbox games today. Out of the 7 that I ordered, only Crimson Skies came with a case(no manual though). Ninja Gaiden Black and Soul Calibur 2 refuse to book up. All 7 discs have those resurfaced swirls on the disc, which makes me wonder if they resurface them no matter the condition? With those 2 not working and 4 others being disc only, I think I'll shop elsewhere for original Xbox games from now on.

Probably just going to return them considering the poor condition they're in.
I don't think that original Xboxes are good at reading resurfaced discs. They probably should have just left them alone.

I don't think that original Xboxes are good at reading resurfaced discs. They probably should have just left them alone.
My local mom & pop shop resurfaces them and the ones I get from there play fine. Although they know how to resurface them to the point that the disc looks brand new usually(unless there's deep scratches). Gamestop just seems to be doing a careless job resurfacing them. I'd hate to order Gamecube and Dreamcast games from GS too, as I know those two systems are finicky about reading resurfaced games too.

I bought mine in person, and didn't have any big issues. Now the phat Vita's on the other hand. Had to return it like 5 times because it always had an issue
I was looking for an original, but the Slim was in better shape so I got it. Hopefully everything will test okay because there aren’t many in my area. Even the local game stores are sold out currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back