2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had $50 credits I bought for $25 from a coworker, picked up King of Fighters XIV steelbook used and a sealed copy of Bendy for Switch. They cashed me out the $2.40 I had left on the giftcard, not bad.

Weekly ad not shown sale 3/10-3/16.

The Evil Within 2, Wolfenstein 2 both 19.99 new/19.99 pre-owned, fantastic sale!

Can stores still order Gamestop.com items and have them shipped to you? Wondering if I can trade my current XB1X for $300 and use that towards the $400 XB1X Fallout 76 bundle which seems to be only avaiable online.

Can stores still order Gamestop.com items and have them shipped to you? Wondering if I can trade my current XB1X for $300 and use that towards the $400 XB1X Fallout 76 bundle which seems to be only avaiable online.
According to the fine print this $300 trade-in promo doesn't work on Fallout 76 bundles

So if one was to do this one x trade deal, what would happen if you were to return the new one x after? Would you still get the full value of credit?

Absolute Wishful Thinking: 

The Switch promo is to buy a new Switch and get $30 off a new copy of Switch Mario today only.  If the Switch promo had applied to a used Nintendo Switch and also had applied on a used copy of Mario Switch for like $25 instead of $30. 

I would have bought a used Switch and a used Mario Switch game for like $300 before tax.  Trade in the Mario Switch game for $33.00 with Pro card and $5 additional for the Mario Day promo for $38.  Then used the Xbox One X promo for $300 credit to trade in the Switch. 

Followed by buying the Xbox One X 76 bundle for $400 and getting a free $20-$60 new Xbox One game if the promos stacked. 

If there were no taxes, would have saving $38 been worth the trouble for an Xbox One X with two games for like $362 out of pocket?

Absolute Wishful Thinking:

The Switch promo is to buy a new Switch and get $30 off a new copy of Switch Mario today only. If the Switch promo had applied to a used Nintendo Switch and also had applied on a used copy of Mario Switch for like $25 instead of $30.

I would have bought a used Switch and a used Mario Switch game for like $300 before tax. Trade in the Mario Switch game for $33.00 with Pro card and $5 additional for the Mario Day promo for $38. Then used the Xbox One X promo for $300 credit to trade in the Switch.

Followed by buying the Xbox One X 76 bundle for $400 and getting a free $20-$60 new Xbox One game if the promos stacked.

If there were no taxes, would have saving $38 been worth the trouble for an Xbox One X with two games for like $362 out of pocket?
No, it honestly isn't worth the effort. Thats a lot of hoops and jumping just to get an X1X, just go buy it and spend the extra $38, its a pretty okay deal to begin with and not having to hope you could do some crazy mental gymnastics to make it work.

Anybody else played Jump Force? I played about an hour of it last night, and the combat just seems extremely shallow. Looks like it has guaranteed $30 credit until 3/17, but when are the March stealth bump games expected to go live? I assume if the stealth bump isn't next Friday, my best bet is to trade it in on 3/16 (before the $30 guaranteed period lapses)?

Anybody else played Jump Force? I played about an hour of it last night, and the combat just seems extremely shallow. Looks like it has guaranteed $30 credit until 3/17, but when are the March stealth bump games expected to go live? I assume if the stealth bump isn't next Friday, my best bet is to trade it in on 3/16 (before the $30 guaranteed period lapses)?
Jump ship. I doubt even with the bump it will get any better.

Same story seems really crappy too.

Can someone explain the Xbox trade promo?

I can’t find it no where
GET $300 TOWARDS PURCHASE OF A XBOX ONE X WHEN YOU TRADE A PS4 PRO, SWITCH, OR XBOX ONE X
Offer valid 3/10/19 - 3/30/19. Valid toward purchase of New Xbox One X console, excludes Fallout 76 bundles . Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

https://m.gamestop.com/trade

I wonder if trading a console towards the preorder of the Division 2 Xbox One X would still get us the bonus value...

[quoted post removed]

yep i did it a long time ago. my account was banned shortly after and they drained all credit i had saved up (literally updated to $0). all they would tell me was at the hands of their fraud dept. i eventually had to make another account under my partner's name and had to find new stores since all my regular stores were alerted and banned me from any future business.

Not sure if this is common knowl

edit: my advice is stop while you're "ahead" and consider yourself lucky if you don't get caught. i regret it big time. remember this is a public forum and there are gamestop employees that frequent here. probably best to delete your post ASAP.

yep i did it a long time ago. my account was banned shortly after and they drained all credit i had saved up (literally updated to $0). all they would tell me was at the hands of their fraud dept. i eventually had to make another account under my partner's name and had to find new stores since all my regular stores were alerted and banned me from any future business. good luck to you, though!
Haha oh man. If true, then I'm so glad I didn't exploit this, because I had a coupon available for over a week, and I didn't act.

Seeing the Wii Sports games on that list is odd to me to say the least, could have sworn they couldn't get rid of those fast enough back in the day.
It's a $20 game and it's one of the the top selling pre-owned Wii game on their site.

They eventually stopped including it with later model Wiis and the Wii U is backwards compatible, so they did sell millions of consoles without it that can play it. A lot of people who had the console were kids when they got it and could've ruined or lost their discs.

Haven't reveived an email in months, trade bump still occurs.
I think you may only receive an email if it shows on your account that you have purchased one of the Most Wanted games. I suspect this is the case as I purchased a couple pre-owned switch games months ago that always show up on the list and I get an email every time.

It's a $20 game and it's one of the the top selling pre-owned Wii game on their site.

They eventually stopped including it with later model Wiis and the Wii U is backwards compatible, so they did sell millions of consoles without it that can play it. A lot of people who had the console were kids when they got it and could've ruined or lost their discs.
Also the Wii U version was a low print run & is a fairly high sought collector’s piece for Nintendo completionists, so people wanting Wii Sports will settle for the Wii version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back